Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,406
    Attaway77 said:
    Awesome playoffs this year, glad I got to watch all of these games, crazy stuff… Looking forward to the SB.
    Last 2 weekends have been phenomenal football games. All decided late or in OT.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    pjhawks said:
    Rams win despite two terrible challenges by McVay.  Timeouts in the 4th quarter are gold and he blew two of them for plays that were not getting overturned.  

Happy for Stafford. 
    Yeah he really mismanaged these.  Very lucky they won. M
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    Should be a decent Super Bowl. Kinda rooting for the underdogs in The Bengals, but if the Rams win i'd be ok with that. Would be nice to see Stafford win one.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,603
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    it should surprise no one that the bengals are another one of “my teams.” why? I grew up in Ohio and joe burrow went to high school in the town I went to college.
    Athens is the southern most point in Ohio. It's all KY after that. 
    or west virginia

Yeah agreed

from ironton east and north is wva. somewhere between ironton and portsmouth is all 'tucky.
    A friend of mine from the Navy was from Dog Fork Ohio.
  • Options
    Faaaak.  Oh well, sucks to be the Rams but I'll be rooting on the Bengals.  
    Overall, good news for the Niners.  Last time we have Jimmy take a snap for us.
    Dude thought he was Mahommes.  Ummm...no, you are a game manager who can only throw passes into the middle of the field.  
    This entire post season I have been waiting for Jimmy's mistakes to finally cost us the game. They finally did. The rest of the team had issues as well, but this is Jimmy. Make plays, until it counts and then throw bad incompletions that keep the other team in the game and then throw an interception to finish the game.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,214
    Wobbie said:
    it should surprise no one that the bengals are another one of “my teams.” why? I grew up in Ohio and joe burrow went to high school in the town I went to college.
    I grew up in Greenville, OH and am a Bengals/Reds fan because of that.  I have lived in IN since 1988 but those are still my teams.

I got the lucky can out yesterday and it worked. This is an unopened can from 1981.  I told my wife I would drink it if they win the SB. 

I was so glad that the 49ers got knocked out. Both times the Bengals went to the SB the 49ers beat them so I didn't want to go through that again.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Dude thought he was Mahommes.  Ummm...no, you are a game manager who can only throw passes into the middle of the field.  
    This entire post season I have been waiting for Jimmy's mistakes to finally cost us the game. They finally did. The rest of the team had issues as well, but this is Jimmy. Make plays, until it counts and then throw bad incompletions that keep the other team in the game and then throw an interception to finish the game.
    He actually did what us Colts fans have seen Carson Wentz do several times this year. Get in trouble and then toss the ball to avoid the sack.

I do think Jimmy did the right thing though. It was third down so going for it on 4th wasn't much of an option. At least his toss hit the hands of the receiver. Honestly I think the receiver should get as much blame as JG because he could have caught that toss. Not that he could have advanced the ball much though.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,706
    The niners just needed an OK 4th quarter to win that game….not even a good quarter, just an OK one…..and they didn’t do it. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,483
    Wobbie said:
    I grew up in Greenville, OH and am a Bengals/Reds fan because of that.  I have lived in IN since 1988 but those are still my teams.

I got the lucky can out yesterday and it worked. This is an unopened can from 1981.  I told my wife I would drink it if they win the SB. 

I was so glad that the 49ers got knocked out. Both times the Bengals went to the SB the 49ers beat them so I didn't want to go through that again.

heard of folks who HAVE drank it for getting in sb.

would suggest youtubing before you crack it. or have a bucket nearby.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    He actually did what us Colts fans have seen Carson Wentz do several times this year. Get in trouble and then toss the ball to avoid the sack.

I do think Jimmy did the right thing though. It was third down so going for it on 4th wasn't much of an option. At least his toss hit the hands of the receiver. Honestly I think the receiver should get as much blame as JG because he could have caught that toss. Not that he could have advanced the ball much though.
    Yeah, that pick is really Hasty's fault. It was a desperation attempt by Jimmy G but it hits Hasty right in both hands. If Jimmy takes that sack, it's 4th and like 22. He has to make that attempt, Back needs to catch it.
  • Options

If it was just one play yesterday, then it would be easier to take. It has been consistent from the time he has been here. Crucial mistakes at crucial times of the game.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

heard of folks who HAVE drank it for getting in sb.

would suggest youtubing before you crack it. or have a bucket nearby.
    I have no intention of drinking that...just a false threat

• Options
    Poncier said:

Yeah, that pick is really Hasty's fault. It was a desperation attempt by Jimmy G but it hits Hasty right in both hands. If Jimmy takes that sack, it's 4th and like 22. He has to make that attempt, Back needs to catch it.
    I agree.  He actually threw a pretty decent spiral for the situation.  And he could NOT take a sack there.  

I didn't think he played too badly yesterday.  Seemed better than the Bucs game honestly. The D failed them.  

Not that I think he's a super bowl QB though. 
  • Options
    He is 35-16 as starter in SF (37-16 overall). That's pretty impressive. He has guided the Niners to a Super Bowl, and of course this NFC title game.
    I expect he'll be released or traded, and they'll go with Lance. And they won't sniff the playoffs for several years going forward.
  • Options
    He hit his man right in the hands.  I wouldn't give him all the blame.
  • Options
    Wow what a great pair of games.

Burrow and company are 2nd half playmakers where Mahommes and company were nowhere to be seen.
    They said that no #1 pick has taken their team to a SB in 2 years.  Only 2 pros have won a national title and an SB.  He is in rare company even without a SB win yet.

A Aron wants that ring bad.  

I'm not sure who I want for this game yet.  It's great that Stafford proved to the world that he is an elite QB that was on a shitty team.  Most critics said if he had a team around him he would do some damage and there ya go.

The NFL and it's young QB's looks good for the next 10 years.  Mahommes, Allen, Burrow, Hebert, Stafford.  I still have hopes for Lawrence.

Oh yeah and I was wrong about the Bengal stripes.  They weren't a deterrent yesterday, lol. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I think Im pulling for the Bengals.  That fan base has been through a lot of tough times, and it means more to a place like Cincinnati than it does to Los Angeles.  Plus, Johnny Fever just passed away.
  • Options
    He hit his man right in the hands.  I wouldn't give him all the blame.
    Definitely not all his fault, but that play and ones similar to it along with the over throws and inaccurate passing has been an ongoing issue since he has been here. As many interceptions as he has thrown, 2 to 3 times a game he makes horrible decisions with passes that should be intercepted. I like Jimmy, but as a fan you watch the games he plays dreading the mistakes that you know are coming. You just hope the rest of the team can overcome them to win the game. Yesterday they couldn't. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I think Im pulling for the Bengals.  That fan base has been through a lot of tough times, and it means more to a place like Cincinnati than it does to Los Angeles.  Plus, Johnny Fever just passed away.
    I saw that. Loved that guy.  Loved that show.  
  • Options

The NFL and it's young QB's looks good for the next 10 years.  Mahommes, Allen, Burrow, Hebert, Stafford.  I still have hopes for Lawrence.

Interestingly all of those guys except Stafford are in the AFC. Couple that with Brady possibly/probably retiring and Throw Rogan forcing his way from Green Bay to Denver and the QB balance of power in the NFL is heavily tilted to the AFC for a while.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I'm still in shock that the Bengals are going to the SB. Didn't expect it but also thought they had a real shot against TN and KC.

They can beat LA. The way the coaches adjusted to KC near the end of the 1st half and all of the 2nd half might be the key to beating LA.

McKay had a lot of fuckups

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Rooting for the Bengals. My wife grew up in Southern Indiana as a Bengals fan, and disliking the Rams is in my DNA as a 49ers fan.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,666
    Bengals OLine is weak. 
    Rams DLine is strong.  

Still hoping for Cincy tho
  • Options
    Bengals OLine is weak. 
    Rams DLine is strong.  

Still hoping for Cincy tho
    I agree.  Burrow had some Houdini moves yesterday that escaped trouble that should never have been escaped.  Guys like Donald and Miller will not miss those tackles. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    As long as the Rams can contain the Bengal's running game, they can win it!

Go Rams!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,568
    edited January 2022
    Happy for the Bengals. I will be pulling/wagering for/on them again in a couple weeks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,550
    What Chase put up this year for a rookie, insane

what a combo moving forward

i like the Rams, especially that their core guys lost 3 yrs ago putting up 3pts… I think they will not let this one slip away 

rams 30
    bengals 24

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    On another note I usually enjoy Romo on the broadcast but man I thought he was terrible yesterday. He was going so far out of his way not to criticize Mahomes.   In the overtime Mahomes overthrew is receiver and Romo said 'it's not really Mahomes fault the receiver jumped'.  Yea the receiver jumped because the ball was 10 feet over his head.  One criticism of Romo is he sometimes gushes like a little girl over the QBs.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    edited January 2022
    pjhawks said:
    On another note I usually enjoy Romo on the broadcast but man I thought he was terrible yesterday. He was going so far out of his way not to criticize Mahomes.   In the overtime Mahomes overthrew is receiver and Romo said 'it's not really Mahomes fault the receiver jumped'.  Yea the receiver jumped because the ball was 10 feet over his head.  One criticism of Romo is he sometimes gushes like a little girl over the QBs.  
    He made fool of himself yesterday at the end of regulation. I'll give him credit for poking fun at his own botched FG hold...but he sounded like a 10-year-old playing Madden when he was suggesting that a Chiefs' score was so inevitable, that they should slow down and not try to score too fast, and that maybe the Bengals should let them score. No and no.

And remember last year when the Chiefs beat the the Browns? "There's no play here, Jim. Look at the body language." Henne takes the snap two seconds later and ends the game with a first down pass to Hill. 

Earlier this year, when a team lined up for a game-winning FG, Romo was like "You think they're gonna make it, Jim!?!?!" Nantz mumbled yes but you can tell in his voice he didn't like being asked that.

I wasn't a fan of Romo on commentary from the beginning. Not that I had a problem with him, but some people thought he was God's gift to broadcasting. He's not. And now, he's becoming a parody of himself. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,819
    edited January 2022
    Poncier said:
    He is 35-16 as starter in SF (37-16 overall). That's pretty impressive. He has guided the Niners to a Super Bowl, and of course this NFC title game.
    I expect he'll be released or traded, and they'll go with Lance. And they won't sniff the playoffs for several years going forward.
    Guessing you are fond of him from his NE days?  I can't argue with the record being pretty good but I could certainly  argue that a lot of qbs would have had better records with the defense this team had 2 of the last three years.  
    I also could claim that Lance is going to be one of the crop of young guns and they are back in the playoffs next year....but I have no way of knowing, just hoping.  
    Either way I'm glad he's done.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved