Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,585
    He couldn't have waited until after the Super Bowl? Has to make it all about him
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    He couldn't have waited until after the Super Bowl? Has to make it all about him
    I think he would've waited if it wasn't leaked. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JG and Wentz are same there, although Jimmy seems to be a better dude than Prince Harry.
    I don't want either.
    @wobbie, I don't know if Lance will be a good pro, that is why I'm hoping.  :)
    Just like Philly isn't sure of what Hurts is, yet.  Playoff game wasn't good but lots of stuff during the year point toward potential to be one of the top tier playmaker we all want these days.
    Russell Wilson is ready to go.  But he's under contract so someone will have to send a truckload of picks or excellent talent to get him.  There are a few times that seem to be a QB away, Niners, Colts, Browns, maybe even the Eagles.  But who would have the assets to pull down such a deal?
    Agree.  Niners made their deal,last year, to get Lance so it won't be them.  Colts would be a good fit.  Browns are cursed to always have something go wrong.  :lol:     
    Eagles would fit but it does seem a lot to give up for 3-4 good years.  (Could be longer, he is clean living dude.)
    Plus, would Seattle really do a deal with SF?  I'm sure that would be their last option or it would have to be way too good to pass. 

You would think Seattle would do what it takes to get him to an AFC team.
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,476
    igotid88 said:

eh, 2 weeks. will get some heat for a couple days and then Joe B takes the spotlight... kinda works to both teams benefit. focus is elsewhere for a minute.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,476
    DewieCox said:

this is really good.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    that is a fantastic tweet
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JG and Wentz are same there, although Jimmy seems to be a better dude than Prince Harry.
    I don't want either.
    @wobbie, I don't know if Lance will be a good pro, that is why I'm hoping.  :)
    Just like Philly isn't sure of what Hurts is, yet.  Playoff game wasn't good but lots of stuff during the year point toward potential to be one of the top tier playmaker we all want these days.
    Russell Wilson is ready to go.  But he's under contract so someone will have to send a truckload of picks or excellent talent to get him.  There are a few times that seem to be a QB away, Niners, Colts, Browns, maybe even the Eagles.  But who would have the assets to pull down such a deal?
    Agree.  Niners made their deal,last year, to get Lance so it won't be them.  Colts would be a good fit.  Browns are cursed to always have something go wrong.  :lol:     
    Eagles would fit but it does seem a lot to give up for 3-4 good years.  (Could be longer, he is clean living dude.)
    Plus, would Seattle really do a deal with SF?  I'm sure that would be their last option or it would have to be way too good to pass. 

You would think Seattle would do what it takes to get him to an AFC team.
    Im not sure.  

You get rid of Russell Wilson, then what are your prospects for competing in a brutal division in the near-term?  Do you get Winston or Bridgewater or somebody and go for those 7-9 wins that will prevent you from picking high?

I would think they may consider a rebuild which would typically take 2-3 years if managed correctly.  Clear the cap and roster and start filling, as well as nabbing a QB.   When they are ready to emerge, the Cardinals need to pay Murray, Stafford is ancient, and Wilson (for this exercise we are assuming he is a 49er) is like 36.  

Can grab a haul for Wilson and Metcalf, and probably get something decent for Lockett.

You would also wonder where their 3,000 year old coach would stand in that.  
  • Options
    Not saying that Seattle wants to get rid of him, but if it came to it that they would want him to go the AFC
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:

eh, 2 weeks. will get some heat for a couple days and then Joe B takes the spotlight... kinda works to both teams benefit. focus is elsewhere for a minute.
    Yeah this week is dead space so actually a good time for such an announcement, especially early in the week. Plenty of time to digest it before we watch the Rams get off their team plane at the site of the Super Bowl and the hype begins.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    In 2019, Flores' first season with the Dolphins, he alleges that loser team owner Stephen Ross offered him $100,000 PER LOSS so Miami could have a higher draft pick. They finished 5-11 after starting 0-7 and Ross was pissed. 

I'm a Dolphins fan. I pray to God that this is some sort of grounds for the league to get rid of Ross. He's the worst owner in the league besides Snyder. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I never thought I'd see Belichick in a "wrong number, who dis?" type of situation, but here we are lol

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    oof.  That sucks for him
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,818
    Wow that is hilarious.   *not for Flores, of course.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Good for Flores.  I just read the Post article on this and something else stood out.  It said there were 3 Black coaches and now only 1 (Tomlin).  It said David Culley was Black.  I had no idea.  But he was also a surprise firing to me.  I thought he did a really good job with that shit show of a roster and organization.  Look at his QBs!   So yeah, this all looks terrible for the NFL.  It also looks terrible for BB who was at least tangentially aware that Flores (one of his ex assistants) was being put through a BS process for the Rooney rule.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    igotid88 said:
    It was leaked and this is the week leading up to the Pro Bowl, not the Super Bowl so....who cares? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    edited February 2022
    igotid88 said:
    1 - Sixers fans would just call this part of the 'process'  :blush:    The offering of money is pretty nuts though if true

2 - Flores did come from the Patriots so it's not like bending the rules was off the table you know? :)

3 - Not sure what is so wrong about this.  People interview  people all the time in the real world when they already have their main candidate chosen.  Plus the Rooney rule has led to more sham interviews than anything else.  That is sad but how can you force billionaires into hiring a minority as a coach?  That being said clearly there should be more minority head coaches.  It sure seems like they get fired more quickly than white coaches. 

Flores is going to end up getting paid from the NFL for this but he has effectively ended his career.  

Will be interesting to see how , if at all, this changes anything within the NFL.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    1 - Sixers fans would just call this part of the 'process'  :blush:    The offering of money is pretty nuts though if true

2 - Flores did come from the Patriots so it's not like bending the rules was off the table you know?

3 - Not sure what is so wrong about this.  People interview  people all the time in the real world when they already have their main candidate chosen.  Plus the Rooney rule has led to more sham interviews than anything else.  That is sad but how can you force billionaires into hiring a minority as a coach?

Flores is going to end up getting paid from the NFL for this but he has effectively ended his career.  
    The suit said other Black coaches have joined.  It will be interesting when those plaintiffs are named.  

I don't know if this has ended his career.  But you're right, it's not going to jury.  There will be a big settlement.  But it's ugly and it looks just awful for the NFL.  Offering to pay your coach $100k per loss looks just as bad.  Who knows, after this Flores won't need to work in the NFL.  Maybe he can go coach high school and retire in style. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,549
    edited February 2022
    Roger makes $40m plus a yr… more than any player

what a joke

love the NFL, last I checked for the players

Some owners need the Donald Sterling treatment, foot in the a$$
  • Options
    Stephen Ross and Brian Flores

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,585
    igotid88 said:
    It was leaked and this is the week leading up to the Pro Bowl, not the Super Bowl so....who cares? lol
    A-Rod didn't get a pass when Boras told he opted out during the World Series 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I don't know what that means.

The Super Bowl is almost two weeks from now. This is most definitely not happening during the Super Bowl or even during Super Bowl week. If I'm the Bucs, I'm happy to know sooner than later anyway. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

The Super Bowl is almost two weeks from now. This is most definitely not happening during the Super Bowl or even during Super Bowl week. If I'm the Bucs, I'm happy to know sooner than later anyway. 
    I think the lawsuit pushes Brady out of the way.  This is much bigger news I think. Plus everyone already jacked off to TB over the weekend. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I think the lawsuit pushes Brady out of the way.  This is much bigger news I think. Plus everyone already jacked off to TB over the weekend. 
    Agreed.

I'll you this much, I want Brian Flores coaching my team. That is for damn sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg