Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    in real time, I was thinking ‘act like you’re going for two and let Josh run backwards.”

terrible, terrible ending.
    You know the clock doesn't run on PATs, right?
    that occurred to me a bit later.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I usually laugh at the tough "buffalo" losses... but this one hurts
    I feel bad for you. this is gonna be the kind of loss that is the first thing you think of every time you wake up. SF Giants, up 5-0 and 8 outs away from a championship was like that for me. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I feel bad for you. this is gonna be the kind of loss that is the first thing you think of every time you wake up. SF Giants, up 5-0 and 8 outs away from a championship was like that for me. 
    Go Angels!
  • Options
    Why they kicked into the end zone is a mystery.  Must kick and make them use some of that clock. 

To me, that was sixes…a squib kick could always lead to another music city miracle….very doubtful, but possible.

bottom line, you can’t give up a 20 play, followed by a 25 yard play in 10 fucking seconds.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Why they kicked into the end zone is a mystery.  Must kick and make them use some of that clock. 

To me, that was sixes…a squib kick could always lead to another music city miracle….very doubtful, but possible.

bottom line, you can’t give up a 20 play, followed by a 25 yard play in 10 fucking seconds.
    It was there bullshit Prevent defense...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:

Its tough, but I'm well seasoned in tough losses like this.  I do take solace that the Bills are still on the come and  Allen looks like the real deal and they should get some more looks at it.  

I'm not completely on board with a squib kick there.  KC is loaded with speedsters and Reid is a slippery character as far as some sort of trick there.  Also, if you go toward a sideline you risk kicking it out of bounds.  I think I like the odds of the defense not allowing a conventional 45 yards in 13 seconds than something going sideways allowing a kick return.   If the Bills kick it and something goes terrible there, the Bills coaches would be getting killed for that.

It was gut wrenching for me though.  I watched most of the 2nd half on my phone next to my 8 year old who I was supposed to be tucking in for bed.  I quietly allowed him to watch the game with me instead of falling asleep.  Toward the end, my wife was blowing up my phone telling me I need to get out of there, etc.  I held on so my kid could watch.  The Bills scored that TD and we were quietly going nuts, hugging, etc.  Was pretty special.  I had to bail though before I got busted.  Then they blew it.  
    My kid woke up around 11 saying he was hot.  I broke the news to him and he couldnt believe it.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    MayDay10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:

Its tough, but I'm well seasoned in tough losses like this.  I do take solace that the Bills are still on the come and  Allen looks like the real deal and they should get some more looks at it.  

I'm not completely on board with a squib kick there.  KC is loaded with speedsters and Reid is a slippery character as far as some sort of trick there.  Also, if you go toward a sideline you risk kicking it out of bounds.  I think I like the odds of the defense not allowing a conventional 45 yards in 13 seconds than something going sideways allowing a kick return.   If the Bills kick it and something goes terrible there, the Bills coaches would be getting killed for that.

It was gut wrenching for me though.  I watched most of the 2nd half on my phone next to my 8 year old who I was supposed to be tucking in for bed.  I quietly allowed him to watch the game with me instead of falling asleep.  Toward the end, my wife was blowing up my phone telling me I need to get out of there, etc.  I held on so my kid could watch.  The Bills scored that TD and we were quietly going nuts, hugging, etc.  Was pretty special.  I had to bail though before I got busted.  Then they blew it.  
    My kid woke up around 11 saying he was hot.  I broke the news to him and he couldnt believe it.  
    Unfortunately these types of losses will affect him more and more as he gets older! 
  • Options
    In retrospect, on that play when the Chiefs started their final drive of regulation with 13 seconds left, the Bills should've just held everyone. Just tackle every receiver to the ground, take the 5-yard-penalty for defensive holding, and there'd only be time left for one play. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    In retrospect, on that play when the Chiefs started their final drive of regulation with 13 seconds left, the Bills should've just held everyone. Just tackle every receiver to the ground, take the 5-yard-penalty for defensive holding, and there'd only be time left for one play. 
    That.  Or they should have just dropped all 11 guys into coverage.  They were rushing 4 guys and Mahomes had to throw the ball right away so the pass rush wasn't going to get to him.
  • Options
    That.  Or they should have just dropped all 11 guys into coverage.  They were rushing 4 guys and Mahomes had to throw the ball right away so the pass rush wasn't going to get to him.
    I think he threw it so fast because there was such little time. On the first play, the Bills definitely dropped a lot of guys in coverage, allowing Mahomes to hit Hill really fast. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,204
    what a great set of games....all of them

I hate to say it but I was kind of rooting for Brady for a minute. Did anyone else catch Arians mouthing "he threw it over his head" on the play where they turned it over? It actually wasn't a bad throw but I thought it was interesting that Arians threw Brady under the bus to whoever was standing next to him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Crazy football weekend....wow.

It's complete BS that a coin flip decided that game. Both teams should get a possession. What a game.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    One of the best football weekends in ages. Agree with the above comment. Give the other team a crack. Still though, to march down there on your first possession and end it, pretty thrilling. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405

I hate to say it but I was kind of rooting for Brady for a minute. Did anyone else catch Arians mouthing "he threw it over his head" on the play where they turned it over? It actually wasn't a bad throw but I thought it was interesting that Arians threw Brady under the bus to whoever was standing next to him.
    Arians is a tool and has one man to thank for being a Superb Owl winning coach, and that is Tom Brady,
    That team was going nowhere last year when Arians was trying to force Brady to run Arians' offense. Once he relented and let Brady take the reigns they never lost again.
    And that team doesn't land Gronk, AB (who last year helped them win the SB) or Fournette without Brady recruiting each of them.
    Arians should have been fired after he biffed his player on the head last week.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,573
    I think I agree with others that the Bills should've been giving a chance with a possession. 

It's almost like a baseball game where the visiting team scores in the Top of the 10th inning and the game is over?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:

at least it wasn’t the AFC Championship or SB, but I know that’s little consolation. no way were the bengals gonna win in buffalo.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutz said:
    I think I agree with others that the Bills should've been giving a chance with a possession. 

It's almost like a baseball game where the visiting team scores in the Top of the 10th inning and the game is over?
    I like the college style.  There has to be a way to modify that to account for the better kickers.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Arians is a tool and has one man to thank for being a Superb Owl winning coach, and that is Tom Brady,
    That team was going nowhere last year when Arians was trying to force Brady to run Arians' offense. Once he relented and let Brady take the reigns they never lost again.
    And that team doesn't land Gronk, AB (who last year helped them win the SB) or Fournette without Brady recruiting each of them.
    This seems like an over reaction.  Pretty sure Arians' job is safe.  The team was good when Winston was at the helm, they just couldn't overcome 5 td's and 4 picks a game.  
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I’m fine with the ot rules…Buffalo has no one to blame but themselves for that loss…I’m sure the fans will feel this for a long time…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    PJNB said:
    unknownpng

Wild game!

The Buffalo/KC one was even more insane
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

This seems like an over reaction.  Pretty sure Arians' job is safe.  The team was good when Winston was at the helm, they just couldn't overcome 5 td's and 4 picks a game.  
    They were 7-9, not a chance they sniff a Super Bowl if they stuck it out with Winston.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,059

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

They were 7-9, not a chance they sniff a Super Bowl if they stuck it out with Winston.
    No doubt but that doesn’t mean only Brady could get them there either.  Their D was dynamite last year, and healthy.  Winston was a wreck but the pieces were in place. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,574
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

Any above average qb would get that team into the playoffs 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,574
    Is Sean Payton just leaving or retiring? 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    He will be your next Dallas coach.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    igotid88 said:

Not without serious compensation to New Orleans. He's still under contract for a couple more years.
  • Options
    2 firsts ought to cover it.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    igotid88 said:

Not without serious compensation to New Orleans. He's still under contract for a couple more years.
    Dallas should give up some picks for him, why not?  3 years on the books for him.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Why would he go to Dallas?   When he decides to coach again he’ll have his pick of good opportunities.   No one with his pedigree is ever going to work for Jerry and Jethro…
    Give Peas A Chance…