Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,549
    Shanahan a great coach

but one can’t help to think of all the 4th quarter collapses

SF & ATL

i think SF falls back to earth for a year or 2, Lance could develop into one of these Allen/Mahomes type of guys

then they will take it

but you never know, injuries & salary cap kill dreams
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,818
    Truth, but I feel like we already know we are not super bowl Champs with a great defense.....nor with a very good defense  (2019 and this year) with JG, so I'd rather take my chances to see if Lance can be that guy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RC kicker for Cincy might be the x factor here. Dude has ice water in his veins.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    pjhawks said:
    On another note I usually enjoy Romo on the broadcast but man I thought he was terrible yesterday. He was going so far out of his way not to criticize Mahomes.   In the overtime Mahomes overthrew is receiver and Romo said 'it's not really Mahomes fault the receiver jumped'.  Yea the receiver jumped because the ball was 10 feet over his head.  One criticism of Romo is he sometimes gushes like a little girl over the QBs.  
    He made fool of himself yesterday at the end of regulation. I'll give him credit for poking fun at his own botched FG hold...but he sounded like a 10-year-old playing Madden when he was suggesting that a Chiefs' score was so inevitable, that they should slow down and not try to score too fast, and that maybe the Bengals should let them score. No and no.

And remember last year when the Chiefs beat the the Browns? "There's no play here, Jim. Look at the body language." Henne takes the snap two seconds later and ends the game with a first down pass to Hill. 

Earlier this year, when a team lined up for a game-winning FG, Romo was like "You think they're gonna make it, Jim!?!?!" Nantz mumbled yes but you can tell in his voice he didn't like being asked that.

I wasn't a fan of Romo on commentary from the beginning. Not that I had a problem with him, but some people thought he was God's gift to broadcasting. He's not. And now, he's becoming a parody of himself. 
    He must've been having flashbacks to when the Eagles did that to him 14 years ago. 
    https://youtu.be/EeRohiI1iwI
    Big difference there, obviously, is the Eagles had a lead at the time. His suggestion last night, while they trailed, was ridiculous.

I actually really liked him as color guy up until the Cowboys game a couple weeks ago but he's just been horrible lately. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,705
    Truth, but I feel like we already know we are not super bowl Champs with a great defense.....nor with a very good defense  (2019 and this year) with JG, so I'd rather take my chances to see if Lance can be that guy.

I'm no "NFL talent evaluator" but I'm a bit at a loss as to the high hopes for Lance. What did he play, one game in his last college year? and for a div II school? the second coming of carson wentz?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    RC kicker for Cincy might be the x factor here. Dude has ice water in his veins.
    Yeah but you know kickers.. he does until he doesn't.  They are always one kick away from the yips.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah but you know kickers.. he does until he doesn't.  They are always one kick away from the yips.  
    I forget which commentator said it but something like this "he is too new to know any better but has swag".  I loved hearing that, lol.

"Guess we're going to the championship" after hitting the game winner LAST week!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,818
    Wobbie said:

I'm no "NFL talent evaluator" but I'm a bit at a loss as to the high hopes for Lance. What did he play, one game in his last college year? and for a div II school? the second coming of carson wentz?
    Can run throw and lead.  Already on the team so I have high hopes

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    Wobbie said:

Nah, I think the 49ers should make a trade for Carson Wentz. Good idea Wob. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

but can he do it in the NFL?

he did look good against central arkansas. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Trade for Wentz and get them to throw in Reich too.
  • Options
    raiders should have stuck with the interim guy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,549
    Maybe Tebow gets a tryout 🤣

like Gus the movie, just Tebow instead of the horse🤣

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
    DewieCox said:
    There is an article the The Athletic that discusses the Colts obtaining Garrapolo
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    There is an article the The Athletic that discusses the Colts obtaining Garrapolo
    For making no sense, it makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    I do wonder what QB the Colts will end up with. They seem to be throwing Wentz under the bus right now.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    I do wonder what QB the Colts will end up with. They seem to be throwing Wentz under the bus right now.
    I think they have a better shot at Rodgers than most seem to believe.
  • Options
    JG and Wentz are same there, although Jimmy seems to be a better dude than Prince Harry.
    I don't want either.
    @wobbie, I don't know if Lance will be a good pro, that is why I'm hoping.  :)
    Just like Philly isn't sure of what Hurts is, yet.  Playoff game wasn't good but lots of stuff during the year point toward potential to be one of the top tier playmaker we all want these days.
  • Options
    JG and Wentz are same there, although Jimmy seems to be a better dude than Prince Harry.
    I don't want either.
    Just like Philly isn't sure of what Hurts is, yet.  Playoff game wasn't good but lots of stuff during the year point toward potential to be one of the top tier playmaker we all want these days.
    Russell Wilson is ready to go.  But he's under contract so someone will have to send a truckload of picks or excellent talent to get him.  There are a few times that seem to be a QB away, Niners, Colts, Browns, maybe even the Eagles.  But who would have the assets to pull down such a deal?
  • Options
    no power five school gave lance a shot at QB. I don’t see how his stock rose so dramatically.

I hope lance is good but I have the same doubts I have about zach wilson. wilson played against somewhat weak competition but somehow shot to the #2 pick. unlike lance, I hope wilson never finds success as I am a card carrying hater of BYU.

the only cougar I like is zach’s mom (google her).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    no power five school gave lance a shot at QB. I don’t see how his stock rose so dramatically.

I hope lance is good but I have the same doubts I have about zach wilson. wilson played against somewhat weak competition but somehow shot to the #2 pick. unlike lance, I hope wilson never finds success as I am a card carrying hater of BYU.

Six kids?  She's fertile. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,476
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Six kids?  She's fertile. 
    its the morman in her..... literally

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't want either.
    Russell Wilson is ready to go.  But he's under contract so someone will have to send a truckload of picks or excellent talent to get him.  There are a few times that seem to be a QB away, Niners, Colts, Browns, maybe even the Eagles.  But who would have the assets to pull down such a deal?
    Eagles have 3 first rounders this year, they could easily flip 2 of them plus a little more for Wilson.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Seems like he was just applying a few finishing touches to his announcement.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't want either.
    Eagles have 3 first rounders this year, they could easily flip 2 of them plus a little more for Wilson.
    I don't see why anyone would want Wilson?
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Seems like he was just applying a few finishing touches to his announcement.
    There's more slides to his statement. He confirms his retirement and thanks the Bucs. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't want either.
    Really?  I'd love to have him in Cleveland.  He throws a great long ball, elusive, gets first downs with his feet.  Yeah he's made a few mistakes the last few years, but their O line has been terrible, limited running game and everything is on him.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't want either.
    Agree.  Niners made their deal,last year, to get Lance so it won't be them.  Colts would be a good fit.  Browns are cursed to always have something go wrong.  :lol:     
    Eagles would fit but it does seem a lot to give up for 3-4 good years.  (Could be longer, he is clean living dude.)
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't want either.
    Agree.  Niners made their deal,last year, to get Lance so it won't be them.  Colts would be a good fit.  Browns are cursed to always have something go wrong.  :lol:     
    Eagles would fit but it does seem a lot to give up for 3-4 good years.  (Could be longer, he is clean living dude.)
    Plus, would Seattle really do a deal with SF?  I'm sure that would be their last option or it would have to be way too good to pass. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't want either.
    Really?  I'd love to have him in Cleveland.  He throws a great long ball, elusive, gets first downs with his feet.  Yeah he's made a few mistakes the last few years, but their O line has been terrible, limited running game and everything is on him.  
    I think he had his run and unless a team is stacked he won't be the deciding factor.

i would love to be wrong.