The National Football League

Comments

• Why would he go to Dallas?   When he decides to coach again he’ll have his pick of good opportunities.   No one with his pedigree is ever going to work for Jerry and Jethro…
    That is a possibility but Jerry knows that what he has isn't working.  If Jerry can get out of his own damn way he can win another damn SB.  That team has a lot of damn talent.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Why would he go to Dallas?   When he decides to coach again he’ll have his pick of good opportunities.   No one with his pedigree is ever going to work for Jerry and Jethro…
    That is a possibility but Jerry knows that what he has isn't working.  If Jerry can get out of his own damn way he can win another damn SB.  That team has a lot of damn talent.
    I have to disagree.  Jerry has no clue what he is doing, 3 playoff wins in 27 years…

jerry also think he has talented roster…no he has a highly paid collection of players that under perform.

The cowboys need to overhaul the offensive line and get themselves a run stuffing DT who is capable of getting a push.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited January 2022
    My quasi not really hot take is that the Cowboys will never win another SB with Jerry as the GM. 
  • Why would he go to Dallas?   When he decides to coach again he’ll have his pick of good opportunities.   No one with his pedigree is ever going to work for Jerry and Jethro…
    I have to disagree.  Jerry has no clue what he is doing, 3 playoff wins in 27 years…

jerry also think he has talented roster…no he has a highly paid collection of players that under perform.

The cowboys need to overhaul the offensive line and get themselves a run stuffing DT who is capable of getting a push.

If "jerry can get out of his own way" I.E let a good coach actually coach, they would have a legitimate shot at another SB.  Jerry needs to back off a bit.
  • Jumb0 said:
    My quasi not really hot take is that the Cowboys will never win another SB with Jerry as the GM. 
    Agreed which is why he needs to get out of his own way.  He got lucky w Switzer and underachieved the rest of the way.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Its a rich guy getting his kicks.  I dont see him giving it up until his health slows him down a bit.  
  • MayDay10 said:
    Its a rich guy getting his kicks.  I dont see him giving it up until his health slows him down a bit.  
    This has been the outcry from every Dallas fan for years.  Jerry thinks he is the smartest person in the room when it comes to football and he won't let anyone else run the team.  You are 100% right about him not giving it up.
  • See the Rams tried the same rule changes to block 49ers fans from out buying their shit fans.  
    Whoops!
    Will be more than half Niners fans on Sunday.
    I don't think that will impact the game that much, but it is nice to not have to worry about crazy crowd noise....

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    See the Rams tried the same rule changes to block 49ers fans from out buying their shit fans.  
    Whoops!
    Will be more than half Niners fans on Sunday.
    I don't think that will impact the game that much, but it is nice to not have to worry about crazy crowd noise....

The Faithful travel well. It might not affect the game too much, but it has to be disheartening for a team to see over half of the fans at the NFC Championship game in your stadium rooting for the other team.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Rams (and Chargers) should be accustomed to it in LA. Neither is even the most popular team in LA, that title still goes to the Raiders.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    Rams (and Chargers) should be accustomed to it in LA. Neither is even the most popular team in LA, that title still goes to the Raiders.
    Correct!  I mentioned this a while back.
    Poncier said:
    Correct!  I mentioned this a while back.
    The only professional teams that fans consistently support in LA are the Dodgers and the Lakers. Other teams get some interest if they are doing good in a particular season, but otherwise not so much. 
  • Most popular football team in LA is not pro.  
    That would be USC.

Fuck the Rams.  I still think Niners lose due to Jimbob but by gametime I will be hyped up and ready for a big win.  :lol:   
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    just saw a thing that the TB12 retirement announcement is imminent. they called him the great football player, ever.

uh, no.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    he can go stump for trump 2024.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Wobbie said:
    just saw a thing that the TB12 retirement announcement is imminent. they called him the great football player, ever.

uh, no.
    Uh yes.
    7 SB rings, more than any franchise currently.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • I don't particularly like him, but I think that title is secure.
    Also....I thought robot man would play another season...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I will miss Brady.  Nothing but respect for the greatest ever.  
    Being a Niner fan I have always resisted the “Brady is the best ever” claim  because of Joe Montana. Eventually though even I had to admit that as great as Joe was, Tom is just at another level. It sucked to come to that realization, but it is correct. 
  • Being a Niner fan I have always resisted the “Brady is the best ever” claim  because of Joe Montana. Eventually though even I had to admit that as great as Joe was, Tom is just at another level. It sucked to come to that realization, but it is correct. 
    This.

Getting pumped for tomorrow!  Wish it was a Saturday slate for these games

• Our long, national nightmare is over. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Farewell Tom Brady.  Even this Raiders fan appreciates that dude.  The best ever.  Loved watching him prove his critics wrong over and over. 
  • And from an entertainment standpoint, nearly all of his Super Bowls were awesome games. He and the Pats delivered in the playoffs and in primetime. Sucked my Dolphins were in the same division. But I saw it all up close. And I was saying he was better than Manning in like 2006. He just had that “it” factor that the Jordans and the Gretzkys have. 

He’ll be back in a few years like Jordan on the Wizards. Hell, I’d take 50-year-old Brady over anyone else the Dolphins would throw out there. Come to Miami, Tom!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,526
    Farewell Tom Brady.  Even this Raiders fan appreciates that dude.  The best ever.  Loved watching him prove his critics wrong over and over. 
    yeah...have to give him props.  I hated him until he went to Tampa.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Good riddance. Now the officiating can return to the level it was when we all fell in love with the game. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Guess Gronk will retire also.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2022
    What a ride. His retirement brings back a lot of memories… was lucky enough to see him play live a half-dozen times including a SB. 
    Not much besides PJ stuff hangs in my basement … except some Hip stuff and this:

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • DewieCox said:
    Good riddance. Now the officiating can return to the level it was when we all fell in love with the game. 
    Awwww… just a little butt-hurt over the years hey. Stay classy. 
    What a ride. His retirement brings back a lot of memories… was lucky enough to see him play live a half-dozen times including a SB. 
    Not much besides PJ stuff hangs in my basement … except some Hip stuff and this:

Badass. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    DewieCox said:
    Awwww… just a little butt-hurt over the years hey. Stay classy. 
    Come on now. Don’t be like that.