Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    what a shitty day of football…the nfl needs to send the nfc east to the cfl and try some cfl teams in their place…these teams suck.  How overpaid is Prescott…

I'm a cowboys fan but, yeah, we suck. they padded their record against the rest of their shitty division and the shitty NFC south. "best" wins of the year were patriots and vikings. woo hoo!
    Dallas is soft.  They have a soft owner a a fat head coach that should be a fry cook somewhere…and Quinn coaches soft.  And km should be calling plays for a high school team…Eliot is washed up. 
    Great take here.  You nailed it as usual.  You were dead on about the blow out too. 
    Well San Fran tried to hand Dallas the game…but you know the running the ball up the middle with time running out is what great football teams do…lol.  No that’s what Cleveland and Detroit do…The Cowboys are no longer mentioned in the same breath with good teams…there is no Rogers walking into the cowboys lockerbroom to bail fat Mike out. He is stuck with a 40 million backup qb… the organization is a fraud…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,835
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    what a shitty day of football…the nfl needs to send the nfc east to the cfl and try some cfl teams in their place…these teams suck.  How overpaid is Prescott…

I'm a cowboys fan but, yeah, we suck. they padded their record against the rest of their shitty division and the shitty NFC south. "best" wins of the year were patriots and vikings. woo hoo!
    Dallas is soft.  They have a soft owner a a fat head coach that should be a fry cook somewhere…and Quinn coaches soft.  And km should be calling plays for a high school team…Eliot is washed up. 
    Great take here.  You nailed it as usual.  You were dead on about the blow out too. 
    Well San Fran tried to hand Dallas the game…but you know the running the ball up the middle with time running out is what great football teams do…lol.  No that’s what Cleveland and Detroit do…The Cowboys are no longer mentioned in the same breath with good teams…there is no Rogers walking into the cowboys lockerbroom to bail fat Mike out. He is stuck with a 40 million backup qb… the organization is a fraud…
    The call was correct. There was no defense in the middle,  they were all on the sidelines. The error was was going too far with the run.  He should have gone 10  The only other available decision was to throw the hall Mary right then. Your take is wrong. 
  • Options
    TJ Watt is also one of the best football players,  in the same category as Deebo and Allen. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,386
    MayDay10 said:
    I noticed the red glowing lights at what I assume is club level seats at the game last night. I am guessing those are heat lamps, and if so, Fitzmagic and his mousey little friend get no credit for being shirtless. :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I noticed the red glowing lights at what I assume is club level seats at the game last night. I am guessing those are heat lamps, and if so, Fitzmagic and his mousey little friend get no credit for being shirtless. :lol:
    Ha! Great call.  

Bills fans are great though.  My favorite in the league. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    Somebody has to call the nfl out on their buffoonery of a reffering.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673
    Wobbie said:

some of your hot take is correct; some is not. who’s your team?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    switzer, chan gailey, dave campo, wade phillips, big tuna, the clapper, mccarthy.

jerry hasn’t hired a decent coach since jimmie johnson.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    switzer, chan gailey, dave campo, wade phillips, big tuna, the clapper, mccarthy.

jerry has hired a decent coach since jimmie johnson.
    Garrett is "the clapper"?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

yes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

yes.
    Is it because of his VDs?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Rumour is big Mike might be axed…lol.  Next up.  You know who never loses his job.  The GM.

Been a Cowboy since Dorset was drafted…becoming less a fan of football…but under Jones Dallas is such a fraud team…maybe if the idiot fans quit buying overpriced merc and jones looked out from his perch at Jerry’s world and saw an empty stadium then maybe he would do something about it…instead Jerry runs the team like a fan would…he falls in love with players  and then won’t kick them
    to curb when they suck…Elliot, Dlaw and lve, tyrone smith should be replaced…Elliot’s and Dlaw contracts will leave more headaches…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    Blame the refs for yourself making a horrific play.  The ref has to spot the ball not you
    Dak.  As Romo said you f’d up by not giving the ball to the ref yourself.  

And if Eagles fans threw things at the refs they would talk about it 60 years later like they do with snowballs and Santa 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Blame the refs for yourself making a horrific play.  The ref has to spot the ball not you

And if Eagles fans threw things at the refs they would talk about it 60 years later like they do with snowballs and Santa 
    100% right on Dak.  He had two mental breakdowns on that play.  Throw in 14 penalties.  Dallas was behind the chains constantly. This game was so winnable for them.  Maybe that’s all on McCarthy.  
  • Options
    Plus, Dallas was given a bunch of added time they should not have had,
    Rewatch the sequence on 3rd down when Deebo runs around the left end.
    Tha play started at 1:21 (Dallas used their last timeout), stayed inbounds, clock was running, they stopped it at 1:00 to measure, play clock was at :29.
    After all the measuring and reviewing, they reset the game clock to 1:94, adding 4 seconds, but instead of also adding 4 seconds to play clock, they took 4 seconds off to :25. Hometown clock operator gave Cowboys 8 free seconds nobody noticed. Then Shanahan calls timeout at 38 seconds and hometown clock guy resets game clock to 40 with nobody noticing. 2 more freebies.
    So, Dallas got 10 free extra seconds from the clock operator prior to the punt.
    Cowboy fans and players griping about the game ending (correctly) the way it did have no argument.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Plus, Dallas was given a bunch of added time they should not have had,
    Rewatch the sequence on 3rd down when Deebo runs around the left end.
    Tha play started at 1:21 (Dallas used their last timeout), stayed inbounds, clock was running, they stopped it at 1:00 to measure, play clock was at :29.
    After all the measuring and reviewing, they reset the game clock to 1:94, adding 4 seconds, but instead of also adding 4 seconds to play clock, they took 4 seconds off to :25. Hometown clock operator gave Cowboys 8 free seconds nobody noticed. Then Shanahan calls timeout at 38 seconds and hometown clock guy resets game clock to 40 with nobody noticing. 2 more freebies.
    So, Dallas got 10 free extra seconds from the clock operator prior to the punt.
    Cowboy fans and players griping about the game ending (correctly) the way it did have no argument.
    When the game flow is stopped for a measurement or whatever, don’t they restart the game clock on the ref signal, along with the play clock. But because the ball is spotted, isn’t the play clock set to 25 by rule?

Regarding the second point, I’d have to see watch that one.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Rumour is big Mike might be axed…lol.  Next up.  You know who never loses his job.  The GM.

Been a Cowboy since Dorset was drafted…becoming less a fan of football…but under Jones Dallas is such a fraud team…maybe if the idiot fans quit buying overpriced merc and jones looked out from his perch at Jerry’s world and saw an empty stadium then maybe he would do something about it…instead Jerry runs the team like a fan would…he falls in love with players  and then won’t kick them
    to curb when they suck…Elliot, Dlaw and lve, tyrone smith should be replaced…Elliot’s and Dlaw contracts will leave more headaches…
    ah….thought you were just a hater. I can respect criticism from a fan.

cowboys have a lot of talent….I think the problem is with jerry and his coaches. I’m not sure Zeke is “washed up” but he’s sure nothing special.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    P.S. do we really need the seventh playoff team?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    P.S. do we really need the seventh playoff team?
    I like it.  More teams means more meaningful games end of schedule.  Yeah it creates mismatches first round but the better regular season is good for the game.  Just like the extra wild card in baseball makes for a much more exciting September. Even the NBA is going that route with teams 7-10 in the conference. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I’m just a long time frustrated fan, as I’m sure you are and many others are here with their…sometimes I need to remind myself that many, many sports franchises suffer as well.  It makes me feel good for 2 seconds.  Lol.  That last called draw was dumb.  Might have worked if Prescott got down 5 yards sooner.  But why risk it?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I’m just a long time frustrated fan, as I’m sure you are and many others are here with their…sometimes I need to remind myself that many, many sports franchises suffer as well.  It makes me feel good for 2 seconds.  Lol.  That last called draw was dumb.  Might have worked if Prescott got down 5 yards sooner.  But why risk it?
    What was the alternative?  55 yard hail mary?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,171
    It was unfortunate...if Dak would have handed the ball to the ref it might have worked.

Not sure why he thought he could place it himself and take a snap.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    I put this in the wrong thread:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

That game was not on the refs.  Dallas has played undisciplined ball all yet, they lead the league in penalties…every week there are bad decisions by refs.  Good teams overcome….
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

What was the alternative?  55 yard hail mary?
    That were at the niners 40.  Yes get a play called and get the ball near your playmakers.  But if that the draw was the best option then I think the 6 vet qb needed to show self awareness and get down sooner…clock awareness.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options