Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    pjhawks said:
    Watching Bellichek getting destroyed is a beautiful thing. 

yes sir :smile:

Rooting for Buffalo to win it all (as long as it's not against the eagles)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,667
    Last night was brutal, the Pats have a f-ton of work to do this off-season. 

Go get that ring, Buffalo. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    Great night.

The cold really was manageable.  Hot hands and layers
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If Brady wins today that’s 5 playoff wins since leaving NE and BB 0…love it.  And loved the beating the bills put on BB and the patriots.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    edited January 2022
    Interested to see the NFL’s statement on the dead play TD.  Ultimately I think Vegas did themselves in with penalties but technically in the closing seconds they could have only been down 3 and not 7.   (It occurred on 3rd down)
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,835
    Interested to see the NFL’s statement on the dead play TD.  Ultimately I think Vegas did themselves in with penalties but technically in the closing seconds they should have only been down 3 and not 7.   
    Technically true, but it would have been a travesty if they did replay the down.  I don’t think the db stopped playing. The ball was 80% there when we heard the whistle.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Interested to see the NFL’s statement on the dead play TD.  Ultimately I think Vegas did themselves in with penalties but technically in the closing seconds they should have only been down 3 and not 7.   
    Technically true, but it would have been a travesty if they did replay the down.  I don’t think the db stopped playing. The ball was 80% there when we heard the whistle.  
    One of them stopped.  Would he have even been able to still make a play though?  I don’t know.  Tough either way.  Get some good officials in there for today’s games
  • Options
    With that blown call in the Cincy game the nfl is inching closer to the nhl in competition for worst run/officiated leagues.  Davis must not have fired Gruden fast enough for tho commish…

the rule states the down should be played over, that’s the rule…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I agree. I actually commend the NFL for choosing “sense” over the rule. So we (the refs) fuck up by blowing an early whistle so now a great play should be nullified? I think they made the right move allowing it to stand. And I say this despite betting on the Raiders.  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    From espn:  The officiating crew that worked the Bengals/Raiders game won’t work again this postseason because of yesterday’s performance.  
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    I agree. I actually commend the NFL for choosing “sense” over the rule. So we (the refs) fuck up by blowing an early whistle so now a great play should be nullified? I think they made the right move allowing it to stand. And I say this despite betting on the Raiders.  
    I can see both sides.  I think Cincy likely scores there without the whistle but the Safety definitely stopped.  I just hate when refs stop being invisible.   
    I know some Raider fans that are convinced that if there was an INT on that play that the rule would actually be enforced but they’ve gone through the Tuck Rule Game :lol:   
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    Circle the wagons!
    Bills are a problem.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Refs doing everything  they can to help Brady.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673
    pjhawks said:
    Watching Bellichek getting destroyed is a beautiful thing. 

yes sir :smile:

Rooting for Buffalo to win it all (as long as it's not against the eagles)

I don’t think you have to worry about that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    The bills can be the best team... but have a tough road.  I'd call @kc a coin flip at best
  • Options
    all we can hope for now is a Brady injury.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That doesn't seem to be the biggest issue for the Eggles. Probably not in the top 10.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    mrussel1 said:
    That doesn't seem to be the biggest issue for the Eggles. Probably not in the top 10.
    First drive by Bucs continued on fake roughing call.
    Key Eagles play overturned by fake holding call.
    Hurts gets banged around, no calls there. 

Agree Eagles are not very good and were unlikely to win but that has nothing to do with the refs being in the corner of Brady.
  • Options
    Now time to watch the other nfc east team get blown out …
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    what a shitty day of football…the nfl needs to send the nfc east to the cfl and try some cfl teams in their place…these teams suck.  How overpaid is Prescott…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mrussel1 said:

Agree Eagles are not very good and were unlikely to win but that has nothing to do with the refs being in the corner of Brady.
    Yeah, people dismiss the impact these types of calls have on a game. Colts got screwed hard against them. At the very least, TB should have had a much tougher matchup this week. 
  • Options
    what a shitty day of football…the nfl needs to send the nfc east to the cfl and try some cfl teams in their place…these teams suck.  How overpaid is Prescott…

I'm a cowboys fan but, yeah, we suck. they padded their record against the rest of their shitty division and the shitty NFC south. "best" wins of the year were patriots and vikings. woo hoo!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I'm a cowboys fan but, yeah, we suck. they padded their record against the rest of their shitty division and the shitty NFC south. "best" wins of the year were patriots and vikings. woo hoo!
    Dallas is soft.  They have a soft owner a a fat head coach that should be a fry cook somewhere…and Quinn coaches soft.  And km should be calling plays for a high school team…Eliot is washed up. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Dallas is soft.  They have a soft owner a a fat head coach that should be a fry cook somewhere…and Quinn coaches soft.  And km should be calling plays for a high school team…Eliot is washed up. 
    Great take here.  You nailed it as usual.  You were dead on about the blow out too. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Eagles fan?  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    wow, bizarre play to end the game
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,408
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    Horrrific end game by both teams.  Idiotic by Dak.  Wtf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Eagles fan?  
    Nope.  49ers.
    In the battle of idiot qb moves, Dak went last and lost.
    What a crazy end to that game

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Eagles fan?  
    Nope.  49ers.
    In the battle of idiot qb moves, Dak went last and lost.
    What a crazy end to that game

I had no horse and thought it was a fun game. I thought Dak outplayed Jimmy.  Where would the Niners be without Samuel.  I think he's a top 5 football player in the league, right there with Josh Allen. Straight up player.