Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Well , Im not shocked as a lifelong Dallas fan....pulling for the Bills now..they deserve a title..Josh Allen is legit.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    Well , Im not shocked as a lifelong Dallas fan....pulling for the Bills now..they deserve a title..Josh Allen is legit.
    I wish he wasn't in the AFCE where NE has to face him twice a year, the guy's awesome. 

At this point, I'm pulling for any team that hasn't won it yet. I would love to see Buffalo, Tennessee or Cincy face off against the Cardinals. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,860
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    switzer, chan gailey, dave campo, wade phillips, big tuna, the clapper, mccarthy.

jerry hasn’t hired a decent coach since jimmie johnson.
    Rumour is big Mike might be axed…lol.  Next up.  You know who never loses his job.  The GM.

Been a Cowboy since Dorset was drafted…becoming less a fan of football…but under Jones Dallas is such a fraud team…maybe if the idiot fans quit buying overpriced merc and jones looked out from his perch at Jerry’s world and saw an empty stadium then maybe he would do something about it…instead Jerry runs the team like a fan would…he falls in love with players  and then won’t kick them
    to curb when they suck…Elliot, Dlaw and lve, tyrone smith should be replaced…Elliot’s and Dlaw contracts will leave more headaches…
    I’m just a long time frustrated fan, as I’m sure you are and many others are here with their…sometimes I need to remind myself that many, many sports franchises suffer as well.  It makes me feel good for 2 seconds.  Lol.  That last called draw was dumb.  Might have worked if Prescott got down 5 yards sooner.  But why risk it?
    What was the alternative?  55 yard hail mary?
    That were at the niners 40.  Yes get a play called and get the ball near your playmakers.  But if that the draw was the best option then I think the 6 vet qb needed to show self awareness and get down sooner…clock awareness.
    The sideline was protected.  You don't get it to the playmaker because it will take them longer to get down field than Dak, along with having to catch the ball.  So you're either doing the Mary, the draw or if you have some hook and lateral.  I contend the draw was the right call.  Dak made two execution mistakes.  Your highest chance of winning was getting to the 30 or so and then running 4 or 5 vertical routes.  

The call was good,  but like everything else yesterday,  the players jacked it up. 
  • Options
    Can we talk about how bad the red zone offense was for the Niners?  In reality this game shouldn't have been close if Gorropolo and co get one more TD rather than the FG.

Also take away that stupid interception and this isn't a game...
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    I put this in the wrong thread:

Pretty sad for fans…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    switzer, chan gailey, dave campo, wade phillips, big tuna, the clapper, mccarthy.

jerry hasn’t hired a decent coach since jimmie johnson.
    Rumour is big Mike might be axed…lol.  Next up.  You know who never loses his job.  The GM.

Been a Cowboy since Dorset was drafted…becoming less a fan of football…but under Jones Dallas is such a fraud team…maybe if the idiot fans quit buying overpriced merc and jones looked out from his perch at Jerry’s world and saw an empty stadium then maybe he would do something about it…instead Jerry runs the team like a fan would…he falls in love with players  and then won’t kick them
    to curb when they suck…Elliot, Dlaw and lve, tyrone smith should be replaced…Elliot’s and Dlaw contracts will leave more headaches…
    I’m just a long time frustrated fan, as I’m sure you are and many others are here with their…sometimes I need to remind myself that many, many sports franchises suffer as well.  It makes me feel good for 2 seconds.  Lol.  That last called draw was dumb.  Might have worked if Prescott got down 5 yards sooner.  But why risk it?
    What was the alternative?  55 yard hail mary?
    That were at the niners 40.  Yes get a play called and get the ball near your playmakers.  But if that the draw was the best option then I think the 6 vet qb needed to show self awareness and get down sooner…clock awareness.
    The sideline was protected.  You don't get it to the playmaker because it will take them longer to get down field than Dak, along with having to catch the ball.  So you're either doing the Mary, the draw or if you have some hook and lateral.  I contend the draw was the right call.  Dak made two execution mistakes.  Your highest chance of winning was getting to the 30 or so and then running 4 or 5 vertical routes.  

The call was good,  but like everything else yesterday,  the players jacked it up. 
    It is what is.  Dallas did not deserve to win anyways…they just made it interesting enough … to piss us fans off.  Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Is this how they prefer to prepare for the game “hey, hon…don’t forget your sex toy, in case you get bored…”
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,681
    I hate to root for ANY team from LA, but….
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I hate to root for ANY team from LA, but….
    Cards have really fallen apart since Hopkins went out.  I think he’s back tonight but haven’t seen him yet.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    Can we talk about how bad the red zone offense was for the Niners?  In reality this game shouldn't have been close if Gorropolo and co get one more TD rather than the FG.

Also take away that stupid interception and this isn't a game...
    Yep.  And, they were the best team this season as far as getting 6 vs 3 once in the zone.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Just a terrible slate of Wild Card games.  Awful.  

As far as the 7th playoff slot per conference... I'm not sure I am against it (not necessarily for it).  The Eagles were a bit weak... but if you had the Vikings playing up to their ability on paper, they could be a worthy playoff team.  New Orleans, maybe... 

On the AFC side, you had the Steelers sneak in somehow.  The Chargers though would have been a more worthy team.  You also had the Ravens, Cleveland, and Miami hanging out. 

Maybe those teams arent world-beaters... but you take the bye away from the 2nd seed.  Playing that 7th seed is a decent 'reward'. 

Anyways, this Divisional round looks really good.  
    Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

IMO the winner of KC/Buffalo gives you your Superbowl winner.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

As far as the 7th playoff slot per conference... I'm not sure I am against it (not necessarily for it).  The Eagles were a bit weak... but if you had the Vikings playing up to their ability on paper, they could be a worthy playoff team.  New Orleans, maybe... 

On the AFC side, you had the Steelers sneak in somehow.  The Chargers though would have been a more worthy team.  You also had the Ravens, Cleveland, and Miami hanging out. 

Maybe those teams arent world-beaters... but you take the bye away from the 2nd seed.  Playing that 7th seed is a decent 'reward'. 

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

I think I mentioned it earlier.. it's a tradeoff to having a great last two weeks of the season.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,400
    MayDay10 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wild card weekends have historically had some bad matchups, where divisional weekend is usually the best football weekend of the entire year. 

Granted, this WC weekend felt even worse, but as others have mentioned, I’ll take it in exchange for a more exciting December. 

Can’t wait for BUF / KC Sunday evening. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,527
    All the divisional games have sizzle

could be really good
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,541
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

I think I mentioned it earlier.. it's a tradeoff to having a great last two weeks of the season.  
    We've had very exciting endings to seasons ever since they changed the schedule to everyone playing divisional opponents at the end. 

17 games is stupid.
    An extra wild card team is stupid.
    A playoff game on a Monday night that forces the winner to be at a disadvantage the next week is stupid (thank god for Manning Cast at least).

The NFL season and, especially, the post season was perfect  up until two years ago. The best in all pro sports and it wasn't even close. There was no reason to meddle with things other than finding more ways for the owners to line their pockets.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    I hate the overtime rules in the playoffs.  Both offenses should be able to touch the ball.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

We've had very exciting endings to seasons ever since they changed the schedule to everyone playing divisional opponents at the end. 

17 games is stupid.
    A playoff game on a Monday night that forces the winner to be at a disadvantage the next week is stupid (thank god for Manning Cast at least).

The NFL season and, especially, the post season was perfect  up until two years ago. The best in all pro sports and it wasn't even close. There was no reason to meddle with things other than finding more ways for the owners to line their pockets.
    I'm with you on all of this.
    The 16 game schedule for a 32 team league was perfect. Rotating interconference play so you see every team from the opposing conference every 4 years, you see each division in your own conference every three years. It was basically perfectly mathematically balanced.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

The 16 game schedule for a 32 team league was perfect. Rotating interconference play so you see every team from the opposing conference every 4 years, you see each division in your own conference every three years. It was basically perfectly mathematically balanced.
    The NFL is looking for a shootout and high scoring game.

Nobody wants to see a 21-20 game...  We don't really, lol.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,541
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

Neither of us mentioned the scoring, but that is true too. I'd argue that is another thing wrong with the current NFL. They went hog wild with all the rule changes over the last decade. The game was better when there were more 21-20 games in my opinion. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

What does a 21-20 game have to do with what I said?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

They are changing it up in hopes that better higher scoring teams get in there.  This was more in line w why they added playoff teams.

Either that or they are really just greedy bastards.

In 10 years welcome to an 18 game schedule...
  • Options
    never trust a coach named kliff, with a K.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    never trust a coach named kliff, with a K.
    No Hopkins..no victories.  

I'd also be interested in knowing if defenses have solved that offense and the novelty has worn out.  They were awful the last third of the year. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

They are changing it up in hopes that better higher scoring teams get in there.  This was more in line w why they added playoff teams.

It's all about the gate...

One more home game for every team every other year & one more home playoff game for the 2nd seed in each conference = that much more revenue from tickets and concessions. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

One more home game for every team every other year & one more home playoff game for the 2nd seed in each conference = that much more revenue from tickets and concessions. 
    It's not about tickets and concessions.
    It's all about TV contracts. That's where the money lies.

ETA: They aren't gaining extra ticket revenue anyway, as they eliminated a preseason game, which all season ticket holders are compelled to buy. So they still have 10 home games, just its now the same 8 reg season and 2 preseason one year alternating with 9 regular and one preseason the next.
    When they go to 18, it'll be just 2 preseason games, so each team will still sell tickets for 10 home games.
    But the networks are paying for an extra week of broadcasting games, plus a couple added WC games and when they go to 18 they'll pay for that extra week too. NFL revenue from tix sales is about 15%, its well over 50% from TV contracts.
    Post edited by Poncier on
  • Options
    “the answer to all your questions is money” - Don Ohlmeyer

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

ETA: They aren't gaining extra ticket revenue anyway, as they eliminated a preseason game, which all season ticket holders are compelled to buy. So they still have 10 home games, just its now the same 8 reg season and 2 preseason one year alternating with 9 regular and one preseason the next.
    When they go to 18, it'll be just 2 preseason games, so each team will still sell tickets for 10 home games.
    But the networks are paying for an extra week of broadcasting games, plus a couple added WC games and when they go to 18 they'll pay for that extra week too. NFL revenue from tix sales is about 15%, its well over 50% from TV contracts.
    It’s all about parking…. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Tampa vs LA
    Green Bay vs San Fran

KC vs Buffalo
    Tennessee vs Cincinnati

17 games is stupid.

It’s all about parking…. 
    Do you leave at the start of the third quarter? Maybe 5 minutes in? Gotta beat the traffic.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©