Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    kind of surprised everyone is picking Tennessee.  I mean I hate the Pats but no way I would bet against them in a home playoff game against Ryan Tannehill.

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

i am going with KC over Nola for the Super Bowl as of today.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,537
    pjhawks said:
    kind of surprised everyone is picking Tennessee.  I mean I hate the Pats but no way I would bet against them in a home playoff game against Ryan Tannehill.

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

I like your style!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    Jason Garrett fired
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    igotid88 said:
    Jason Garrett fired

“let go”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    pjhawks said:

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

Its tough, I admit.

The Titans are rolling though and their team structure appears to be a perfect storm to beat New England on the road.  Good defensive line and a good secondary.  Running back who is a machine right now.  Also some familiarity with Vrabel and Dion Lewis.  A big receiver.   I think they have been held under 30 points like 1 or 2 times since before Halloween.  

The Patriots are hurting in the wrong places and worse-yet are coming in on a short week.  You cant help but think they are a little shell-shocked off that Miami game.  There is no more Gronkowski to bail them out of trouble.  I also think the crowd will turn on them if they come out flat early in the game. 

Every time we start to shovel dirt on the Patriots, there is pushback and those people are always proven correct... they will... until they aren't.  I believe this is the time.  
    It was mentioned upthread, but this is similar to the Bills/Jaguars game in 1996.  It was an aging Bills team at the end of the dynasty, but still cruised to an AFC East title.  The team had never lost a playoff game at Rich Stadium.  No way the Jacksonville Jaguars can win (even though all indications pointed to that happening).  Bang.  Over.  Jim Kelly was carted off the field for his last game, and the Bills havent won a playoff game since.

If the Patriots do win, it is going to be a 16-14 type of street fight game that finds them even more beat up than they are now, limping into KC.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

Its tough, I admit.

The Titans are rolling though and their team structure appears to be a perfect storm to beat New England on the road.  Good defensive line and a good secondary.  Running back who is a machine right now.  Also some familiarity with Vrabel and Dion Lewis.  A big receiver.   I think they have been held under 30 points like 1 or 2 times since before Halloween.  

The Patriots are hurting in the wrong places and worse-yet are coming in on a short week.  You cant help but think they are a little shell-shocked off that Miami game.  There is no more Gronkowski to bail them out of trouble.  I also think the crowd will turn on them if they come out flat early in the game. 

Every time we start to shovel dirt on the Patriots, there is pushback and those people are always proven correct... they will... until they aren't.  I believe this is the time.  
    It was mentioned upthread, but this is similar to the Bills/Jaguars game in 1996.  It was an aging Bills team at the end of the dynasty, but still cruised to an AFC East title.  The team had never lost a playoff game at Rich Stadium.  No way the Jacksonville Jaguars can win (even though all indications pointed to that happening).  Bang.  Over.  Jim Kelly was carted off the field for his last game, and the Bills havent won a playoff game since.

If the Patriots do win, it is going to be a 16-14 type of street fight game that finds them even more beat up than they are now, limping into KC.

I still have a tough time thinking none of those Bills teams (1990-1993) won a championship.  That group of players was transcendent on both sides of the football.  They're as close to a dynasty as you can get, without winning a championship.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    pjhawks said:

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

Yeah all the Titans love is getting a little out of hand.  I like Pats to win but Titans to cover
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Nice win by the Dolphins! Fitzpatrick had his way with them. Especially on the game-winning drive. 
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is my betting kryptonite. Any game he's a part of I never win. Yet I never learn. He's the modern day Stoney Case. Of course he screws with the ol' Pats second half line. Should've known better.

As someone who has enjoyed winning money on New England games for such a long time, I am hesitant to say this but.....I think the end is here for them. Don't recall them laying such an egg to such a team with so much on the line. Titans will give them all they can handle.
    I took the Dolphins moneyline (just had a hunch) and won big yesterday. I’m going to take the Titans next week because they’ve been way better than the Pats over the past month. But I’m not ready to declare the Patriots dynasty dead just yet though. They had a similar week 17 loss to Miami in 2015 that cost them homefield that year (they would go on to lose at Denver in the AFC championship), but they then won the next three AFC titles. Brady didn’t look as washed then though. 

I think there is a big difference between losing out on home field and losing out on a first round bye. There was more on the line yesterday. And, yeah....Brady's an average qb at best right now. Wasn't the case four years ago obviously.

Congrats on the money line pick! 
    Yeah.  the home game is half of it.  They desperately needed the bye week.  Rumors are that Edelman is really hurting bad, no Gronk, and Brady is also hurting/old.  

They havent looked this vulnerable through almost all of this run, and even the most staunch Patriots fans would admit this.  They havent looked all that great since week 3, and have lost 3 games in December.  
    The 3 teams they will likely have to beat (Tenn, KC, and Balt) all appear to be in a better class right now.  Younger, faster, more athletic.  Even beyond Belichick's voodoo.  

Conversely, if the Pats smoke the Dolphins, rest some starters yesterday, have a week off, then host the Bills or Chiefs, then go to Baltimore, Id give them a good shot. 

The Pats' dynasty is in a huge state of flux after this. What will Brady do?  It seem as though he has been lining up for a demand for a commitment from New England.  Are they going to give it to him at the market rate for what Brady values himself?  Will Kraft veto Belichick and will Belichick quit?  Will McDaniels leave for a HC job?

I could totally see Belichick reinventing the Patriots post-Brady the same way Harbough has transformed the Ravens from Flacco to Jackson.  Brady wants to play there until he is 45 to push his fake TB12 serum.  Kraft has taken Brady's side before.

I agree with all of this. Brady should just retire at this point. 
    I'm thinking Bills - Niners
    Chris Berman's head would explode

why? I don’t watch much ESPN. :confounded:
    Back in the 90's (when your favorite channel was actually cool) he predicted that SB matchup like every year for that entire decade.
    Yep I remember the annual Bills Niners prediction, he said "I'll get it right one of these years", never happened though.
    Swami Sez!

I will go ahead and give ESPN credit for something else while I'm at it.....bringing Prime Time back, albeit on the their + platform was a great idea. I have not liked anything Berman has done in the last twenty years other than this one show. Him and TJ are still great. Fuck the NFL for not allowing it to air on regular tv.
    You got Mossed and C'mon Man! were my fav football segments.

I had enjoyed Dilfers Dimes too.  That was always entertaining to me.
    CC and Dilfer’s are scorched trash. Moss is cool enough to sell almost anything or his segment would be just as bad. Carter and Dilfer are ultimate bro’s that nobody likes.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Nice win by the Dolphins! Fitzpatrick had his way with them. Especially on the game-winning drive. 
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is my betting kryptonite. Any game he's a part of I never win. Yet I never learn. He's the modern day Stoney Case. Of course he screws with the ol' Pats second half line. Should've known better.

As someone who has enjoyed winning money on New England games for such a long time, I am hesitant to say this but.....I think the end is here for them. Don't recall them laying such an egg to such a team with so much on the line. Titans will give them all they can handle.
    I took the Dolphins moneyline (just had a hunch) and won big yesterday. I’m going to take the Titans next week because they’ve been way better than the Pats over the past month. But I’m not ready to declare the Patriots dynasty dead just yet though. They had a similar week 17 loss to Miami in 2015 that cost them homefield that year (they would go on to lose at Denver in the AFC championship), but they then won the next three AFC titles. Brady didn’t look as washed then though. 

I think there is a big difference between losing out on home field and losing out on a first round bye. There was more on the line yesterday. And, yeah....Brady's an average qb at best right now. Wasn't the case four years ago obviously.

Congrats on the money line pick! 
    Yeah.  the home game is half of it.  They desperately needed the bye week.  Rumors are that Edelman is really hurting bad, no Gronk, and Brady is also hurting/old.  

They havent looked this vulnerable through almost all of this run, and even the most staunch Patriots fans would admit this.  They havent looked all that great since week 3, and have lost 3 games in December.  
    The 3 teams they will likely have to beat (Tenn, KC, and Balt) all appear to be in a better class right now.  Younger, faster, more athletic.  Even beyond Belichick's voodoo.  

Conversely, if the Pats smoke the Dolphins, rest some starters yesterday, have a week off, then host the Bills or Chiefs, then go to Baltimore, Id give them a good shot. 

The Pats' dynasty is in a huge state of flux after this. What will Brady do?  It seem as though he has been lining up for a demand for a commitment from New England.  Are they going to give it to him at the market rate for what Brady values himself?  Will Kraft veto Belichick and will Belichick quit?  Will McDaniels leave for a HC job?

I could totally see Belichick reinventing the Patriots post-Brady the same way Harbough has transformed the Ravens from Flacco to Jackson.  Brady wants to play there until he is 45 to push his fake TB12 serum.  Kraft has taken Brady's side before.

I agree with all of this. Brady should just retire at this point. 
    I'm thinking Bills - Niners
    Chris Berman's head would explode

why? I don’t watch much ESPN. :confounded:
    Back in the 90's (when your favorite channel was actually cool) he predicted that SB matchup like every year for that entire decade.
    Yep I remember the annual Bills Niners prediction, he said "I'll get it right one of these years", never happened though.
    Swami Sez!

I will go ahead and give ESPN credit for something else while I'm at it.....bringing Prime Time back, albeit on the their + platform was a great idea. I have not liked anything Berman has done in the last twenty years other than this one show. Him and TJ are still great. Fuck the NFL for not allowing it to air on regular tv.
    You got Mossed and C'mon Man! were my fav football segments.

I had enjoyed Dilfers Dimes too.  That was always entertaining to me.
    CC and Dilfer’s are scorched trash. Moss is cool enough to sell almost anything or his segment would be just as bad. Carter and Dilfer are ultimate bro’s that nobody likes.
    Really?  We used to talk about those 2 all the time.

I mean you still have Saqin da Fool.  It's all about having fun and I'm sorry you did not see the fun in it...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

Its tough, I admit.

I still have a tough time thinking none of those Bills teams (1990-1993) won a championship.  That group of players was transcendent on both sides of the football.  They're as close to a dynasty as you can get, without winning a championship.

Let's end the curse for one of these storied franchises; Viking vs. Bills Superb Owl 2020!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:

Bills
    Pats
    Saints
    Eagles

Its tough, I admit.

Let's end the curse for one of these storied franchises; Viking vs. Bills Superb Owl 2020!
    Ha, imagine either Josh Allen or Kirk Cousins popping the cherry for one of those teams. Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton's HOF busts would explode.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    There is a small chance the Titans could win.  But there is a much better chance that they get curb-stomped by Brady.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    edited January 2020
    Would be good to see Niners, Eagles, Bills, Chiefs, Titans, and Texans win for various reasons for me.  Niners tying for most rings would be awesome, as it is totally unexpected.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    As long as it's not the Patriots I'm good with whomever.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    edited January 2020
    Eli Manning wins 2020 Athletes in Action/Bart Starr Award
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Eli Manning wins 2020 Athletes in Action/Bart Starr Award
    His flip cup skills must have given him the edge he needed to clinch the award.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    Would be good to see Niners, Eagles, Bills, Chiefs, Titans, and Texans win for various reasons for me.  Niners tying for most rings would be awesome, as it is totally unexpected.
    I didn’t even realize the Niners were doing so well until the Ravens match up. (And gawwwwddddd do I hate the fucking Ravens despite being from Maryland). I might have to break the Patrick Willis jersey out for old times sake!
  • Options
    Bills, Patriots, Seahawks and going w the Cousins quirk and the magic he performs at 1 PM games.
  • Options
    Bob Glauber is predicting SF vs KC in the Super Bowl.  I would love to see it happen.
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 559
    I think Cousins also has a winning record of something like 6-29 vs teams with winning records

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    edited January 2020
    Bob Glauber is predicting SF vs KC in the Super Bowl.  I would love to see it happen.
    If not for Kool Aid Man, I would put KC as a big favorite.  His coaching in money games (clock management alone) is worth -6 points.  :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If the Texans don't start changing plays on D to confuse the offense I think it is going to a long second half in Houston 

• Options
    oh my lord.  buffalo 
  • Options
    Damn.  Bills coach is a goddamn travesty.  Prep your line and young QB.  And, for Satan's sake go for a 59 yard kick vs. a 4th and 23 or whatever that was, given the pass rush they were facing.
    What a colossal choke job.
    Young team, I guess  
  • Options
    josh allen’s brain has left his body. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    They still have a chance.  Wow.  Great game....get er' done, Bills!
    (And that lateral was Reggie Bush-esque)
  • Options
    it is entertaining.  this game is a prime example of why Belichick will always have an advantage over teams with no playoff experience. anyone who put money on the Titans should have a bad feeling in their belly right now. 
  • Options
    Wowzer.  Big brass balls by Bills 

Will see who wins that toss
  • Options
    Bummer.  Good comeback by Texans and I am glad that the bungling of the late drive didn't cost the Bills/that they were able to bring it to OT.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    Image may contain 1 person text
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA