Garrett fired
    His life will be so much better now.  
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    Garrett fired
    Really?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,344
    Nice win by the Dolphins! Fitzpatrick had his way with them. Especially on the game-winning drive. 
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is my betting kryptonite. Any game he's a part of I never win. Yet I never learn. He's the modern day Stoney Case. Of course he screws with the ol' Pats second half line. Should've known better.

As someone who has enjoyed winning money on New England games for such a long time, I am hesitant to say this but.....I think the end is here for them. Don't recall them laying such an egg to such a team with so much on the line. Titans will give them all they can handle.
    I took the Dolphins moneyline (just had a hunch) and won big yesterday. I’m going to take the Titans next week because they’ve been way better than the Pats over the past month. But I’m not ready to declare the Patriots dynasty dead just yet though. They had a similar week 17 loss to Miami in 2015 that cost them homefield that year (they would go on to lose at Denver in the AFC championship), but they then won the next three AFC titles. Brady didn’t look as washed then though. 

I think there is a big difference between losing out on home field and losing out on a first round bye. There was more on the line yesterday. And, yeah....Brady's an average qb at best right now. Wasn't the case four years ago obviously.

Congrats on the money line pick! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nice win by the Dolphins! Fitzpatrick had his way with them. Especially on the game-winning drive. 
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is my betting kryptonite. Any game he's a part of I never win. Yet I never learn. He's the modern day Stoney Case. Of course he screws with the ol' Pats second half line. Should've known better.

As someone who has enjoyed winning money on New England games for such a long time, I am hesitant to say this but.....I think the end is here for them. Don't recall them laying such an egg to such a team with so much on the line. Titans will give them all they can handle.
    I took the Dolphins moneyline (just had a hunch) and won big yesterday. I’m going to take the Titans next week because they’ve been way better than the Pats over the past month. But I’m not ready to declare the Patriots dynasty dead just yet though. They had a similar week 17 loss to Miami in 2015 that cost them homefield that year (they would go on to lose at Denver in the AFC championship), but they then won the next three AFC titles. Brady didn’t look as washed then though. 

I think there is a big difference between losing out on home field and losing out on a first round bye. There was more on the line yesterday. And, yeah....Brady's an average qb at best right now. Wasn't the case four years ago obviously.

Was looking to place one more bet on my Dolphins. Very pleasing (and lucrative!) win. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

Yeah.  the home game is half of it.  They desperately needed the bye week.  Rumors are that Edelman is really hurting bad, no Gronk, and Brady is also hurting/old.  

They havent looked this vulnerable through almost all of this run, and even the most staunch Patriots fans would admit this.  They havent looked all that great since week 3, and have lost 3 games in December.  
    The 3 teams they will likely have to beat (Tenn, KC, and Balt) all appear to be in a better class right now.  Younger, faster, more athletic.  Even beyond Belichick's voodoo.  

Conversely, if the Pats smoke the Dolphins, rest some starters yesterday, have a week off, then host the Bills or Chiefs, then go to Baltimore, Id give them a good shot. 

The Pats' dynasty is in a huge state of flux after this. What will Brady do?  It seem as though he has been lining up for a demand for a commitment from New England.  Are they going to give it to him at the market rate for what Brady values himself?  Will Kraft veto Belichick and will Belichick quit?  Will McDaniels leave for a HC job?

I could totally see Belichick reinventing the Patriots post-Brady the same way Harbough has transformed the Ravens from Flacco to Jackson.  Brady wants to play there until he is 45 to push his fake TB12 serum.  Kraft has taken Brady's side before.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah.  the home game is half of it.  They desperately needed the bye week.  Rumors are that Edelman is really hurting bad, no Gronk, and Brady is also hurting/old.  

They havent looked this vulnerable through almost all of this run, and even the most staunch Patriots fans would admit this.  They havent looked all that great since week 3, and have lost 3 games in December.  
    The 3 teams they will likely have to beat (Tenn, KC, and Balt) all appear to be in a better class right now.  Younger, faster, more athletic.  Even beyond Belichick's voodoo.  

Conversely, if the Pats smoke the Dolphins, rest some starters yesterday, have a week off, then host the Bills or Chiefs, then go to Baltimore, Id give them a good shot. 

The Pats' dynasty is in a huge state of flux after this. What will Brady do?  It seem as though he has been lining up for a demand for a commitment from New England.  Are they going to give it to him at the market rate for what Brady values himself?  Will Kraft veto Belichick and will Belichick quit?  Will McDaniels leave for a HC job?

I could totally see Belichick reinventing the Patriots post-Brady the same way Harbough has transformed the Ravens from Flacco to Jackson.  Brady wants to play there until he is 45 to push his fake TB12 serum.  Kraft has taken Brady's side before.

I agree with all of this. Brady should just retire at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Was looking to place one more bet on my Dolphins. Very pleasing (and lucrative!) win. 

They really turned things around down there in the second half. Flores did a good job. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,219
    MayDay10 said:

Pats will be in a really tough position if Brady wants to keep playing. You surely don’t want to treat the greatest of all time poorly but you also can’t give him unrealistic years and money. I can see both sides taking a hard line and if that  happens I don’t think it’s going to be an pretty divorce. My guess is he retires but that’s just an uneducated gut feeling.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,532
    ed243421 said:
    Garrett fired
    Belichek’s heir apparent?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,505
    Belichick should try working for Jerry Jones.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Place your bets

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    +1000 is good odds for a team with a bye and a HOF QB. 

Saints should have 1000 tacked on for whatever heart wrenching doom that awaits them.  

I have no idea if the Titans will lose by 50 in the 1st round or be a darkhorse.  That is uber bulletin board material for Vrabel.  I wouldn't want to face them. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,263
    Wobbie said:
    ed243421 said:
    Garrett fired
    Belichek’s heir apparent?
    Nope, he's still currently employed by the Cowboys. Reporters jumped the gun.
    2nd meeting scheduled, looks like Jerrah may be sticking with The Clapper for another decade of mediocrity.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I have no idea if the Titans will lose by 50 in the 1st round or be a darkhorse.  That is uber bulletin board material for Vrabel.  I wouldn't want to face them. 
    Really shouldn't be surprising, even to Vrabel, that the last team to make it into the playoffs, the team with the worst record and the lowest seed in the presumed weaker conference has the longest odds to win the Superb Owl.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Saints should have 1000 tacked on for whatever heart wrenching doom that awaits them.  

It is but man, the Packers seem to struggle in every game don’t they?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MayDay10 said:

I'm thinking Bills - Niners
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

I’d love to see the Bills make it but that ain’t happening.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Chris Berman's head would explode
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I like the Titans most on that list.  They have the look of those teams from the past who have been able to roll from wild card weekend and take some away games.  I would rate them as a better team right now than the Texans, Bills, Patriots, Vikings, and Eagles.  
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

why? I don’t watch much ESPN. :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Back in the 90's (when your favorite channel was actually cool) he predicted that SB matchup like every year for that entire decade.

ACTUALLY---I haven't watched Sports Center in forever but tuned in last night and they had betting odds plastered on the left hand and bottom portion of the screen for the whole show. Is that a regular occurrence? Might entice me to watch more frequently
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I like the Titans most on that list.  They have the look of those teams from the past who have been able to roll from wild card weekend and take some away games.  I would rate them as a better team right now than the Texans, Bills, Patriots, Vikings, and Eagles.  
    They are rolling right now. I'm with you on this as well. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Back in the 90's (when your favorite channel was actually cool) he predicted that SB matchup like every year for that entire decade.

ACTUALLY---I haven't watched Sports Center in forever but tuned in last night and they had betting odds plastered on the left hand and bottom portion of the screen for the whole show. Is that a regular occurrence? Might entice me to watch more frequently

that would be 2 or U or news.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

that would be 2 or U or news.
    ok boomer, thanks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Yep I remember the annual Bills Niners prediction, he said "I'll get it right one of these years", never happened though.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ESPN isn't included in my cordless package.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Jason P said:

i have seen the packers play quite a few games ... they look like a 9-7 team yet they are winning.  i wouldn’t bet a ton but a small bet might be fun. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

i have seen the packers play quite a few games ... they look like a 9-7 team yet they are winning.  i wouldn’t bet a ton but a small bet might be fun. 
    Didn't the Giants win one year being 9-7?
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

Didn't the Giants win one year being 9-7?
    Yes. But that team looked like an 11 or 12 win team down the stretch. The Packers barely beat the Redksins and Lions the last two weeks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Yeah I have little faith the Packers can beat the Saints, if New Orleans makes it through this weekend.