The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    pjhawks said:
    NFL came out and said, no flag there.
    Quit bitching, Saints.  Try winning.
    Philly has a JV roster out there.  Don't see them bitching.  :cry:
    LSU or alabama’s second team probably have as much talent at the skill position as our eagles had out there today on offense.  

uh, no. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Wobbie said:
    is Jizzelle telling Tom this is a good look? it’s not.

Wildcard weekend and ol’ Wobbie is most concerned about a quarterack’s fashion choice. 

Man, it must really suck to be a Cowboys fan. 
    How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!????!!!!

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    The Bills' loss was a bit rough.  They got stung by some calls, but overall, they had 25 chances in their own hands to win that game and they didn't.  It isn't so bad, because we are at the beginning of hopefully some good years.  Management appears to be in order.  Some really good young players and a ton of cap and draft flexibility.  

I thought Josh Allen looked pretty good for the most part.  They need a few more weapons on offense.  The most targeted player was a guy off the practice squad who played for the Edmonton Eskimos last season.  

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    MayDay10 said:
    The Bills' loss was a bit rough.  They got stung by some calls, but overall, they had 25 chances in their own hands to win that game and they didn't.  It isn't so bad, because we are at the beginning of hopefully some good years.  Management appears to be in order.  Some really good young players and a ton of cap and draft flexibility.  

I thought Josh Allen looked pretty good for the most part.  They need a few more weapons on offense.  The most targeted player was a guy off the practice squad who played for the Edmonton Eskimos last season.  

A good, young, team.

Interesting with some many teams left being lead by relatively inexperienced players.
    (Normally not the case when down to 8)
    Seahawks - been there, done that
    Packers - been there, done that

Everyone else?
    New QBs, most of the stars.

Even with that being the case (I believe, I didnt go through each roster) - one of those teams will knock the other out, so it should be at 3/4 of the teams left will be relatively young/inexperienced relative to Super Bowl wins or sustained playoff successes. 

I had the pin on the Seahawks for much of the season and bailed on them due to their injuries in the backfield.  Given their experience and that magician under center, I could still see them being the ones standing at the end.

Hope not, but it usually seems to be the case that it takes some loss to build up to a championship effort.  Fun to see the ridiculous amount of new blood in there this year.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    ^ The kind of team that would have a few solid seasons and never any true success with the NE stranglehold hanging above them. They could be the first AFC east powerhouse house on the post NE era.
  • Options
    We're definitely seeing a changing of the guard as far as QBs.
    Brady and Brees both knocked out in the first round (I'd be worried Sunday if I were Aaron Wroggers). Eli and Rivers are basically non entities now.
    The league is in the hands of Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Garoppollo etc.
    Wilson is kind of in between QB generations and will still be viable for a while, but otherwise its a bunch of the younger guys starting to take over the league. And a few of the younger guys showing they aren't capable of taking over (Looking squarely at you Jared Goff, and Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold are on the clock)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    MayDay10 said:

They got hosed with some of those calls.  Should have been 20-0 right after halftime.  But the secret refs ran out onto the field to change the call.  That was a clusterfuck....ref had zero control over the game.  The blindside block call and the delay of game that wasn't called late in the game were both really bad.  But yeah, the arrow is definitely pointing up for the Bills.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That TD they called on the kickoff was bogus and the secret refs were right to get them to change that.
    Every kickoff guys just hold their arms out like the Houston returner did and let it drop in the end zone for a touch back. Because he caught it, made no move to try and return it and tossed it to the ref now we're going to change the way that has been officiated the last few seasons under the new "safer" kickoff rules. 
    If they had let that TD stand there'd have been major repercussions.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited January 2020
    Poncier said:
    That TD they called on the kickoff was bogus and the secret refs were right to get them to change that.
    Every kickoff guys just hold their arms out like the Houston returner did and let it drop in the end zone for a touch back. Because he caught it, made no move to try and return it and tossed it to the ref now we're going to change the way that has been officiated the last few seasons under the new "safer" kickoff rules. 
    if it hits the end zone, by rule its a touchback.
    If the guy catches it, he needs to take a knee (or call for a fair catch).
    It was botched.  Bone-headed play by the returner.
    If he decided to run it after standing there, caught the Bills sleeping and scored a touchdown, I dont think that gets called back.

Not why they lost though.  Should have won that game going away without that 'free' touchdown.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm glad I didn't put $$ on those games.  I don't know shit about football.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited January 2020
    Regarding the qb's remaining, I believe Rogers is the only one over the age of 31. Pretty crazy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Mike McCarthy new HC in Dallas.
    Another decade of mediocrity sure to follow.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Poncier said:
    I think it's actually a pretty good hire. They have talent there so makes sense to bring in a guy with that kind of experience. All that said, fuck Dallas.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yeah can't really call that an upgrade or a downgrade from Garrett. Maybe call it a sidegrade?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    McCarthy took the ready made team
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    thats how he rolls
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    if it hits the end zone, by rule its a touchback.
    If the guy catches it, he needs to take a knee (or call for a fair catch).
    It was botched.  Bone-headed play by the returner.
    If he decided to run it after standing there, caught the Bills sleeping and scored a touchdown, I dont think that gets called back.

Not why they lost though.  Should have won that game going away without that 'free' touchdown.
    Exactly.  He didn't let the ball go through the end zone, didn't take a knee and made no fair catch signal.  It should have been a live ball and a TD.  The guy fucked up big time but got bailed out big time by the NFL and these secret sideline refs.  Guessing Goodell had a direct line to those refs!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    ikiT said:

Yeah, I feel you -- glad I didn't bet as well!
  • Options
    ikiT said:

I went 50/50...  Lost first 2, won 2nd 2.

Really thought the Bills would pull it off and you can't bet against Brady at home.  If Edelman and a few others don't drop their passes it would have ended differently.

It's time for both NE and Saints to move on from their QB and take a page out of the Giant's notebook.
  • Options
    ikiT said:

Really thought the Bills would pull it off and you can't bet against Brady at home.  If Edelman and a few others don't drop their passes it would have ended differently.

It's time for both NE and Saints to move on from their QB and take a page out of the Giant's notebook.
    The 4-12 New York Football Giants?  Sounds incredible.  
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    ikiT said:

The 4-12 New York Football Giants?  Sounds incredible.  
    Well they did have 5 wins and 3 wins before that and then they had that magical 11 win season and then 6, then 6 again then 7 wins, so yeah.  Eli is 38.  Needs to go.  The Giants as an organization right now needs a lot of help too though.

Surely you see that Eli needed to go?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'll take Brees for the Colts as well if no one thinks he is good anymore.  But I'm sure NO won't be letting him go anywhere.
  • Options
    After sleeping on the Colts / Brady possibility, the move would be quite preposterous for all parties involved.  Not happening.  Perhaps I ate the wrong cookie when I thought that up.   
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I heard Brady to Chargers, Rivers to Colts today

went 2/4 last round and am out having taken NO all the way

who have you got in the next round?
    I think all homers ha ha ha 
    KC
    Balt
    GB
    SF
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Colts are (way) better off with Jacoby than Super Sperm Rivers.

I like the home teams except Seattle as well but hope that TN and Hou can pull off the upsets.  Perhaps Green Bay will blow up and leave the Niners/Vikings winner a bye into the SB?  :lol: 
  • Options
    No way in hell Rivers goes to Indy.  Someone would throw and hit him in the head with a hotdog if he was walking down the street.
  • Options
    River's personality will doom him to finishing his career playing for a minor league soccer team.  Or the Bengals.  SAD!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Colts are (way) better off with Jacoby than Super Sperm Rivers.

I like the home teams except Seattle as well but hope that TN and Hou can pull off the upsets.  Perhaps Green Bay will blow up and leave the Niners/Vikings winner a bye into the SB?  :lol: 
    They’d be better off with almost anybody. I’d take my chances with the draft for a guy to start day 1 or Rivers and draft a guy that could use some seasoning, though if they find a guy better to throw him into the fire.  They need somebody that can actually play QB in the NFL and that’s not Brissett. They have a very good team built around Luck. 

The idea that Brissett is worthy for more than emergency relief should’ve ended by about week 8.
  • Options
    Does anyone really want Tua on their team as a QB?

I can't picture him lasting all that long in the NFL.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Does anyone really want Tua on their team as a QB?

I can't picture him lasting all that long in the NFL.
    He's definitely worth taking a flyer on.  Joe Borrow is very deserving to be the #1 overall for several reasons, but Tua is the most polished and NFL-ready passer.  If I were the Redskins, I would draft this kid despite having drafted Haskins last year in the first round.  You can't get a franchise moving toward being a SB contender if you don't have the QB.  I don't believe Haskins is that and the Redskins will be trying to "build" around him, which is something that will never come to fruition.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.