The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,344
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Nice win by the Dolphins! Fitzpatrick had his way with them. Especially on the game-winning drive. 
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is my betting kryptonite. Any game he's a part of I never win. Yet I never learn. He's the modern day Stoney Case. Of course he screws with the ol' Pats second half line. Should've known better.

As someone who has enjoyed winning money on New England games for such a long time, I am hesitant to say this but.....I think the end is here for them. Don't recall them laying such an egg to such a team with so much on the line. Titans will give them all they can handle.
    I took the Dolphins moneyline (just had a hunch) and won big yesterday. I’m going to take the Titans next week because they’ve been way better than the Pats over the past month. But I’m not ready to declare the Patriots dynasty dead just yet though. They had a similar week 17 loss to Miami in 2015 that cost them homefield that year (they would go on to lose at Denver in the AFC championship), but they then won the next three AFC titles. Brady didn’t look as washed then though. 

I think there is a big difference between losing out on home field and losing out on a first round bye. There was more on the line yesterday. And, yeah....Brady's an average qb at best right now. Wasn't the case four years ago obviously.

Congrats on the money line pick! 
    Yeah.  the home game is half of it.  They desperately needed the bye week.  Rumors are that Edelman is really hurting bad, no Gronk, and Brady is also hurting/old.  

They havent looked this vulnerable through almost all of this run, and even the most staunch Patriots fans would admit this.  They havent looked all that great since week 3, and have lost 3 games in December.  
    The 3 teams they will likely have to beat (Tenn, KC, and Balt) all appear to be in a better class right now.  Younger, faster, more athletic.  Even beyond Belichick's voodoo.  

Conversely, if the Pats smoke the Dolphins, rest some starters yesterday, have a week off, then host the Bills or Chiefs, then go to Baltimore, Id give them a good shot. 

The Pats' dynasty is in a huge state of flux after this. What will Brady do?  It seem as though he has been lining up for a demand for a commitment from New England.  Are they going to give it to him at the market rate for what Brady values himself?  Will Kraft veto Belichick and will Belichick quit?  Will McDaniels leave for a HC job?

I could totally see Belichick reinventing the Patriots post-Brady the same way Harbough has transformed the Ravens from Flacco to Jackson.  Brady wants to play there until he is 45 to push his fake TB12 serum.  Kraft has taken Brady's side before.

I agree with all of this. Brady should just retire at this point. 
    I'm thinking Bills - Niners
    Chris Berman's head would explode

why? I don’t watch much ESPN. :confounded:
    Back in the 90's (when your favorite channel was actually cool) he predicted that SB matchup like every year for that entire decade.
    Yep I remember the annual Bills Niners prediction, he said "I'll get it right one of these years", never happened though.
    Swami Sez!

I will go ahead and give ESPN credit for something else while I'm at it.....bringing Prime Time back, albeit on the their + platform was a great idea. I have not liked anything Berman has done in the last twenty years other than this one show. Him and TJ are still great. Fuck the NFL for not allowing it to air on regular tv.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Nice win by the Dolphins! Fitzpatrick had his way with them. Especially on the game-winning drive. 
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is my betting kryptonite. Any game he's a part of I never win. Yet I never learn. He's the modern day Stoney Case. Of course he screws with the ol' Pats second half line. Should've known better.

As someone who has enjoyed winning money on New England games for such a long time, I am hesitant to say this but.....I think the end is here for them. Don't recall them laying such an egg to such a team with so much on the line. Titans will give them all they can handle.
    I took the Dolphins moneyline (just had a hunch) and won big yesterday. I’m going to take the Titans next week because they’ve been way better than the Pats over the past month. But I’m not ready to declare the Patriots dynasty dead just yet though. They had a similar week 17 loss to Miami in 2015 that cost them homefield that year (they would go on to lose at Denver in the AFC championship), but they then won the next three AFC titles. Brady didn’t look as washed then though. 

I think there is a big difference between losing out on home field and losing out on a first round bye. There was more on the line yesterday. And, yeah....Brady's an average qb at best right now. Wasn't the case four years ago obviously.

Yeah.  the home game is half of it.  They desperately needed the bye week.  Rumors are that Edelman is really hurting bad, no Gronk, and Brady is also hurting/old.  

They havent looked this vulnerable through almost all of this run, and even the most staunch Patriots fans would admit this.  They havent looked all that great since week 3, and have lost 3 games in December.  
    The 3 teams they will likely have to beat (Tenn, KC, and Balt) all appear to be in a better class right now.  Younger, faster, more athletic.  Even beyond Belichick's voodoo.  

Conversely, if the Pats smoke the Dolphins, rest some starters yesterday, have a week off, then host the Bills or Chiefs, then go to Baltimore, Id give them a good shot. 

The Pats' dynasty is in a huge state of flux after this. What will Brady do?  It seem as though he has been lining up for a demand for a commitment from New England.  Are they going to give it to him at the market rate for what Brady values himself?  Will Kraft veto Belichick and will Belichick quit?  Will McDaniels leave for a HC job?

I could totally see Belichick reinventing the Patriots post-Brady the same way Harbough has transformed the Ravens from Flacco to Jackson.  Brady wants to play there until he is 45 to push his fake TB12 serum.  Kraft has taken Brady's side before.

Back in the 90's (when your favorite channel was actually cool) he predicted that SB matchup like every year for that entire decade.
    Yep I remember the annual Bills Niners prediction, he said "I'll get it right one of these years", never happened though.
    Swami Sez!

I will go ahead and give ESPN credit for something else while I'm at it.....bringing Prime Time back, albeit on the their + platform was a great idea. I have not liked anything Berman has done in the last twenty years other than this one show. Him and TJ are still great. Fuck the NFL for not allowing it to air on regular tv.
    You got Mossed and C'mon Man! were my fav football segments.

I had enjoyed Dilfers Dimes too.  That was always entertaining to me.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,505
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Swami Sez!

I used to enjoy "Jacked Up." Where the whole panel would say in unison e.g. "Dexter McCluster got...'JACKED UP!'"

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,532
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Swami Sez!

I used to enjoy "Jacked Up." Where the whole panel would say in unison e.g. "Dexter McCluster got...'JACKED UP!'"

I just like the name "dexter mccluster." :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Swami Sez!

I don't think I've seen a player get de-cleated more than "Run-DMC 22." What were the Chiefs thinking?

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,263
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:

Swami Sez!

OK boomer.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Browns fire John Dorsey ... does this mean Kevin Costner reclaims his title as the most successful GM of the Cleveland Browns???

Dude just assembled one of the most talented Browns roster since Bernie was slinging sidearm passes and the Browns kick him to the curb.  Browns gonna Browns ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,945
    Jason P said:
    Browns fire John Dorsey ... does this mean Kevin Costner reclaims his title as the most successful GM of the Cleveland Browns???

Dude just assembled one of the most talented Browns roster since Bernie was slinging sidearm passes and the Browns kick him to the curb.  Browns gonna Browns ....
    The Haslams dont know shit about football. They DO however know how to run urine soaked truck stops.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Chunky Soup will still proclaim they were cheating, proof of innocence won't change perception.

Hell, Marshall Faulk still proclaims that they taped the Rams' practices when its been proven it never happened. Of course Faulk is a whiney baby, but that's neither here nor there.

Post edited by Poncier on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,945
    umm if it was confiscated during the taping, how could the pats have gotten to use it at all?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Jason P said:

He also hired one of the worst coaches in the history of the NFL who turned said roster into a 6 win disaster.  But yeah the Browns are just a constant disaster....maybe one of these head coaches or GMs will last more than 2-3 years one of these days...
  • Options
    Dorsey was outstanding in assembling talent for the Chiefs, when they brought in Reid to resurrect the franchise.  His downfall was the questionable character of some of the players he brought in (namely Marcus Peters and Kareem Hunt) and his poor ability to manage the salary cap (overpaying for Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and Eric Berry).  Not sure if those are the same reasons the Browns are firing him.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,219
    mickeyrat said:
    umm if it was confiscated during the taping, how could the pats have gotten to use it at all?
    I know right.? Literally caught taping sidelines that we all saw with our own eyes yet pats fans will claim they are cleared....like trumpers 
  • Options
    And there it is, clockwork.
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 555
    Who is everyone picking this weekend?
    I am leaning towards 3 road teams, yikes!
    Bills
    Titans (I know, never bet against the Pats, but...)
    Seahawks
    Saints

i picked KC/NO for the Superb Owl at the beginning of the season, in with a chance

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    Always a fun round...

Bills over Texans in the upset special
    Patriots over Titans
    NO destroys Minn
    Philly opened as a 1 point favorite but now is a 1.5 point dog?  I was on Seattle to win the Superb Owl for much of the late season, but having no good running backs might torpedo.  I think Philly pulls the upper tanker on the Seahawks and removes fear of the Russel Wilson Magic from the hearts of Saints and Niners fans everywhere.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    ^^ Oh, and I don't consider Packers fans among those fearing Wilson.  I exclude them because, well, I discount the Packers in general. 
    Think they are not very good and are going to have to get some crazy weather advantage or something to beat the Seahawks, Niners, or Saints.
  • Options
    ^^ Oh, and I don't consider Packers fans among those fearing Wilson.  I exclude them because, well, I discount the Packers in general. 
    Think they are not very good and are going to have to get some crazy weather advantage or something to beat the Seahawks, Niners, or Saints.
    Yeah the Packers might be the worst 13-3 team I've ever seen.  Not saying this because I can't stand them but they just haven't looked impressive or dangerous at any point this season.  And of course now they'll probably win the super bowl.
  • Options
    Yeah the Packers might be the worst 13-3 team I've ever seen.  Not saying this because I can't stand them but they just haven't looked impressive or dangerous at any point this season.  And of course now they'll probably win the super bowl.

Stranger things have happened but I think they lose their first game.  Rodgers can sling it, and that can make magic happen...but I don't by their defense.  Certainly, as a Niners fan I laughed when we played them.  Much more concerned about any team not named Vikings in the playoffs then I would be about Rodgers bringing his cheeseheads into Levis.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Always a fun round...

Patriots over Titans
    NO destroys Minn
    Philly opened as a 1 point favorite but now is a 1.5 point dog?  I was on Seattle to win the Superb Owl for much of the late season, but having no good running backs might torpedo.  I think Philly pulls the upper tanker on the Seahawks and removes fear of the Russel Wilson Magic from the hearts of Saints and Niners fans everywhere.

The best weekend of pro football in my opinion.  Those are picks I would make.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Always a fun round...

Patriots over Titans
    NO destroys Minn

Next weekend, divisional round, is the best weekend.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,344
    Texans
    Titans
    Saints
    Eagles
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    ikiT said:
    Always a fun round...

Patriots over Titans
    NO destroys Minn

These 2 weekends are the absolute best.  2 Saturdays in a row with 2 NFL playoff games each.  Love it.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    ikiT said:
    Always a fun round...

Patriots over Titans
    NO destroys Minn

These 2 weekends are the absolute best.  2 Saturdays in a row with 2 NFL playoff games each.  Love it.  

Agree! 

• Options
    Sorry but I think NE is gonna hang 40 on Mikey Vrabel.
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 555
    Tough game to pick at the moment 
    yes, Brady over Tannehill
    but who is Brady getting it to?
    they are putting 40 on no one 
    they will have to stop the running game and own time of possession to win
    not saying they won’t win, but it will be close and a last possession type of win
    I’m not putting my pick in until just before game time
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Buffalo
    Tennessee
    Seattle
    New Orleans
  • Options
    Dont be surprised with a return to form by NE's D, four Tannehill INT and FUMs for 4 scores. Six field goals by whoever is the kicker. 
    Tommy gonna throw for 212 yaaahhhds.  slow and steady wins this race.
  • Options
    Tanny for 4 picks is for sure a possibility.  He looks like a different guy...but I still remember the rookie with the hot wife from Hard Knocks who did not know that Kansas City was in the AFC West...nor what division pretty much any other team was in.