Kirk CousinsMIN - Not.

Deshaun WatsonHOU

Matthew StaffordDET - Borderline.

Derek CarrOAK - Not.

Aaron RodgersGB

Dak PrescottDAL - Not.

Lamar JacksonBAL

Drew BreesNO

I think the old "158.3" rating is confusing and prefer the QBR metric.
    I think they're both a little confusing. Fitzpatrick is top 10 in qbr. I don't  know. Kind of like with political polls, I think its a good idea to look at both. But to just blow them off and say  you need to take them with a grain of salt, when they both pretty much confirm the eye test is strange to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

He is.  Low lying fruit, my bad...
    Good game.
    Jimmy G looked pretty bad but once Sanders went out he was left with Deebo and then pretty much trash to throw to.
    Seattle played great D.
    Glad it didn't end in a tie, although I wanted 49ers to win.
    I had mentioned about Jimmy G and his stats and how the hell they keep on winning?  Someone mentioned that the defense was great.  I don't see him as an elite qb but maybe because he has zero to work with though?  Besides Kittle whom didn't play, he doesn't have a "go to" guy and I expect more out of Sanders.

They've been doing it old school with defense and the running game.  Not very impressed by Jimmy G last night but like F Me said he didn't have many options once Sanders went out.  That was a wild game.
    Old school. Love it. 

Jim G has been pretty good for the whole season though. 
    I wouldn't call 15 TD's to 9 INT as good, but , ok?
    14th in qb rating, 12th in QBR, 9th in completion percent......I said "pretty good", which I think is accurate given his lack of offensive weapons.
    I was curious about this.  He is just above Brady in QBR.

Food for thought too, Fitzmagic has a better QBR but less of a Passer rating so I wouldn't put too much stock in those stats.

Desert for thought.  Sam Bradford IMO, is/was having a great year.  Finally has a line or just finally putting it together, coaching, other?
    Well that's because Tom Brady is 42 years old and not the same qb he was just a few years ago when his rating was usually around or over 100% year in, year out.

QBR is newer and maybe not as reliable as the old school passer rating. But I don't see how you can take a stat like passer rating that's been around forever and say you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Go look at the top ten qb's here and tell me they're not all objectively in or around the top ten in the league this year. Then do the same thing for every other year the NFL has existed and it's all pretty much the best qb's 

Rating

Russell WilsonSEA

Patrick MahomesKC

Kirk CousinsMIN

Deshaun WatsonHOU

Matthew StaffordDET

Derek CarrOAK

Aaron RodgersGB

Dak PrescottDAL

Lamar JacksonBAL

Drew BreesNO

How old is Brees?

I do think that Cousins and Carr are frauds.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279

He is.  Low lying fruit, my bad...
    Good game.
    Jimmy G looked pretty bad but once Sanders went out he was left with Deebo and then pretty much trash to throw to.
    Seattle played great D.
    Glad it didn't end in a tie, although I wanted 49ers to win.
    I had mentioned about Jimmy G and his stats and how the hell they keep on winning?  Someone mentioned that the defense was great.  I don't see him as an elite qb but maybe because he has zero to work with though?  Besides Kittle whom didn't play, he doesn't have a "go to" guy and I expect more out of Sanders.

They've been doing it old school with defense and the running game.  Not very impressed by Jimmy G last night but like F Me said he didn't have many options once Sanders went out.  That was a wild game.
    Old school. Love it. 

Jim G has been pretty good for the whole season though. 
    I wouldn't call 15 TD's to 9 INT as good, but , ok?
    14th in qb rating, 12th in QBR, 9th in completion percent......I said "pretty good", which I think is accurate given his lack of offensive weapons.
    I was curious about this.  He is just above Brady in QBR.

Food for thought too, Fitzmagic has a better QBR but less of a Passer rating so I wouldn't put too much stock in those stats.

Desert for thought.  Sam Bradford IMO, is/was having a great year.  Finally has a line or just finally putting it together, coaching, other?
    Well that's because Tom Brady is 42 years old and not the same qb he was just a few years ago when his rating was usually around or over 100% year in, year out.

QBR is newer and maybe not as reliable as the old school passer rating. But I don't see how you can take a stat like passer rating that's been around forever and say you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Go look at the top ten qb's here and tell me they're not all objectively in or around the top ten in the league this year. Then do the same thing for every other year the NFL has existed and it's all pretty much the best qb's 

Rating

Russell WilsonSEA

Patrick MahomesKC

Kirk CousinsMIN

Deshaun WatsonHOU

Matthew StaffordDET

Derek CarrOAK

Aaron RodgersGB

Dak PrescottDAL

Lamar JacksonBAL

Drew BreesNO

How old is Brees?

I do think that Cousins and Carr are frauds.
    Well they are playing well this year though.

Brees is turning 50 in December. I think. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Top 10 QBs by the eye test:

Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Brees, Watson, Ryan, Rivers, Trubisky(jk), then probably Stafford
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623

Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Brees, Watson, Ryan, Rivers, Trubisky(jk), then probably Stafford
    The few games for Atl that I watched this year Ryan looked awful. 
    Normally I put him on that list, though, agree with you
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279

Trubisky???
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Eye test:

mahomes
    wilson
    jackson
    brady
    rodgers
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options

I would still take Ryan over Carr, Jimmy G (no offense), Goff, Prescott, Wentz (surprisingly I expected him to be much better this year), Cousins, Trubisky (I should stop picking on this guy)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    I like Ryan, he just looked off in the games I watched.  (Very much so)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,157
    edited November 2019
    One of the worst run games in the league, they showed up vs NO Saints... but shit all year

Ryan also has another offensive coordinator yet again, koetter for  2nd time

hes never had an  offensive HC, plays for new off coordinator every 2-3 yrs.... If Quinn gets canned which he prob will, they need an offensive guy @ HC and hire a Rex Ryan/Wade Phillips type defensive guy.

Julio & Ryan deserve another crack at SB... wasn’t their fault they lost that game 
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Ryan has not had a good year based on his resume. I wouldn't have him top 10 currently.

This year its:
    Wilson (by far #1)
    Mahomes
    Jackson
    Wroggers
    Watson
    Cousins (He's been great the last 4 weeks, and I'm no fan)
    Stafford
    Prescott
    Brissett
    Brady
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Julio & Ryan deserve another crack at SB... wasn’t their fault they lost that game 
    Julio I agree, but Ryan deserves a sliver of blame pie. Biggest hunk goes to Shanahan for sure, but Ryan could/should have audibled to a run at least once, maybe a couple times late and could/should have thrown the ball away rather than taking that key sack late that took them out of FG range.
  • Options

I would still take Ryan over Carr, Jimmy G (no offense), Goff, Prescott, Wentz (surprisingly I expected him to be much better this year), Cousins, Trubisky (I should stop picking on this guy)
    I think MattRyan is a fraud too.  Either that or head coaching is ruining QB's.  I personally believe that Rex Ryan ruined Mark Sanchez.
  • Options

I think MattRyan is a fraud too.  Either that or head coaching is ruining QB's.  I personally believe that Rex Ryan ruined Mark Sanchez.

• Options

You can show this until the cows but here was a whole lot leading up to this and he was a shell of his former self by this point.

Sanchez was a good QB a few years before this then the Jets started messing w their heads w the "I don't know whom the starting QB is crap..."

It was amazing to see this downfall of a player.  How bad the Jets messed things up.  It was almost like watching the Mets or Browns.
  • Options

You can show this until the cows but here was a whole lot leading up to this and he was a shell of his former self by this point.

Sanchez was a good QB a few years before this then the Jets started messing w their heads w the "I don't know whom the starting QB is crap..."

It was amazing to see this downfall of a player.  How bad the Jets messed things up.  It was almost like watching the Mets or Browns.
    I kid.  I kid.  If I'm reading your point correctly, @tempo_n_groove, I agree there is something to coaching being critical in the early stages of a QB's career.  I shutter to think what if Patrick Mahomes was coached by the likes of a Rex Ryan.  Thank goodness for Andy Reid.
  • Options

I shutter to think what if Patrick Mahomes was coached by the likes of a Rex Ryan.  Thank goodness for Andy Reid.
    Of course the counterpoint is that Mahomes will never win a Superb Owl cause Reid will bleed the clock down, or call a boneheaded play on 3rd and short turning a makeable FG to go up 8 into an intentional grounding call on the holder and then call a timeout with the clock stopped and only 22 seconds left and his opponent lining up for a 2 point conversion leading by 1 rather than saving the timeout for Mahomes to use...etc. etc. etc.
  • Options
    Mahomes woulda won sb last year if that DL didn’t jump

He’ll get 1
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    Mahomes woulda won sb last year if that DL didn’t jump

He didn't jump.
    He lined up in the neutral zone, often a sign of poor coaching and/or lack of discipline.
  • Options
    Ok, so mahomes won’t win a sb?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    It’s Tom’s last season!
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    After Andy Reid leaves he might
  • Options
    I'll go on record saying Patrick Mahomes will win a Superb Owl with Andy Reid as the HC.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,157
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Julio I agree, but Ryan deserves a sliver of blame pie. Biggest hunk goes to Shanahan for sure, but Ryan could/should have audibled to a run at least once, maybe a couple times late and could/should have thrown the ball away rather than taking that key sack late that took them out of FG range.
    he won that game....if you listen to Packers HC Lafleur, who was ATL QB Coach that year, Shanahan didn't give too much leeway for audibles, Devonta Freeman Missed a huge block that caused the fumble.....if he farted on Hightower that would have prevented the sack

Look at his QB rating for that game, one of the highest ever....yes Shanahan helped, but hes had great years without him

Fraud is funny.....Guy also plays for shitty offensive Line ( Give him Cowboys Offensive Line) also never ever ever in his entire career have they fielded a top ten Defense.....and he won an MVP, Played well in the 2012 or 2013 NFC title game that the 49ers also came back due to his shitty HC Smith.

Problem with Matt Ryan is he plays in ATL.....Fans don't care there, national audience barely knows they exist
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

he won that game....if you listen to Packers HC Lafleur, who was ATL QB Coach that year, Shanahan didn't give too much leeway for audibles, Devonta Freeman Missed a huge block that caused the fumble.....if he farted on Hightower that would have prevented the sack

Look at his QB rating for that game, one of the highest ever....yes Shanahan helped, but hes had great years without him

Fraud is funny.....Guy also plays for shitty offensive Line ( Give him Cowboys Offensive Line) also never ever ever in his entire career have they fielded a top ten Defense.....and he won an MVP, Played well in the 2012 or 2013 NFC title game that the 49ers also came back due to his shitty HC Smith.

Problem with Matt Ryan is he plays in ATL.....Fans don't care there, national audience barely knows they exist
    I think what's an interesting conversion is: "Does the coaching staff constantly change because the QB isn't good enough and gets the OC and/or HC fired?  Or is the organization not getting the coaching staff right to maximize the QB's ability?"  Matt Ryan seems to be an interesting case study for that discussion.
  • Options

I kid.  I kid.  If I'm reading your point correctly, @tempo_n_groove, I agree there is something to coaching being critical in the early stages of a QB's career.  I shutter to think what if Patrick Mahomes was coached by the likes of a Rex Ryan.  Thank goodness for Andy Reid.
    Exactly.  I believe that Harbaugh had a hand in making Kaepernick palatable.

Kubiack in Minnesota?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    ed243421 said:

Right now, with the way this season has gone, at best it’s a push. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

If a 9th year veteran, former NFL MVP QB can't call an audible by proclamation of a 2nd year OC, then there's a real problem somewhere there.
    And I wasn't referring to the sack where Hightower stripped the ball, Ryan had no chance there, that was Freeman's fault for sure. I'm talking the sack 2 plays after the Jones catch late when it was 28-20 and Falcons were at the 23, Ryan had ample opportunity to throw that ball away, held it, took a 12 yard sack putting them on the edge of FG range rather than in chip shot territory, and that changes your play call on 3rd down and you get the holding call and now you're out of FG range.
    I said Ryan gets a sliver of blame pie, not a huge slice.
    Breakdown is about:
    Shanahan 70%
    Quinn 10% for not overruling Shanahan and working the clock late
    Ryan 10% for the failures I mentioned
    Arthur Blank and the red dressed wife 10% for coming out of the box to the sidelines and celebrating prematurely thus jinxing the team
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I think what's an interesting conversion is: "Does the coaching staff constantly change because the QB isn't good enough and gets the OC and/or HC fired?  Or is the organization not getting the coaching staff right to maximize the QB's ability?"  Matt Ryan seems to be an interesting case study for that discussion.
    RG3 comes to mind...

He was great.  Got two coaches fired.  Got hurt.  Got run out of the league after his talent didn't go any further.

Should have listened to them coaches...
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

RG3 comes to mind...

He was great.  Got two coaches fired.  Got hurt.  Got run out of the league after his talent didn't go any further.

Should have listened to them coaches...
    The coaches shouldn't have put him back on the field with his knee in the condition it was in.  I worry about this happening to Mahomes after dislocating his right knee cap and playing with a brace.  It's a hell of a thing to toss around in your mind.  QB or coach more at fault.