The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    JK_Livin said:
    This could be along the lines of the McSorely/Brashear hockey stick to the back of the head incident. Off the field charges could be warranted.
    I think I'd rather be hit in the head with a hockey stick than a football helmet.  Rudolph is lucky he wasn't knocked unconscious or worse.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Garret should get a hefty suspension -- for the rest of the season at minimum.  You can call me an idiot, but I actually watched the game.
    Browns players were headhunting, with no regard for anyone's rules.  (If you look back in the thread you can see I commented on it.)
    Poor Garret...Mason Rudolph fought back during what was clearly a hit taking place after it should have.

We know Pouncey is a wild/crazy man, but I am all for his reaction.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited November 2019
    I think that 
    Garrett should get the season, with a 'review' for next year (which basically will be rubber-stamped reinstated at the beginning of the league-year).
    Pouncey gets 2-3 games for kicking/punching late after the situation was relatively under control and Garrett was restrained

Rudolph and Ogunjobi both fined.  

Anyone else on video throwing punches, etc fined.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    MayDay10 said:
    There it is.  He was upset because he got kicked in the dick from a player fighting off a d-lineman's dirty ass / late hit.
    Screw that guy.
    Enjoy your suspension.
    I won't go so far as to call anyone with a different opinion an idiot, but I do not see how anyone can possibly argue for Garrett.
    Buh-bye!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

Garrett has Rudolph wrapped and the ball is still in the air. Tell me how that’s late.
    Watch where he keeps dragging him to the ground after the ball is out?

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    In those situations the DE doesn't always know the ball is out. He didn't take him down hard.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    it was late and excessive for 8 seconds left up by 14.  It wasn't all-out violent, but unnecessary and the flashpoint for confrontation.  Yes, Rudolph acted like a frustrated baby the entire time... but Garrett's helmet dragging well after the fact, capped by the helmet swing at a human head is unprecedented.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    And who's the asshole that came in late and knocked Rudolf down?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    You can clearly see the RB is well away from the play and Garrett is still working to drive the QB down.
    Pictures can be clipped to show many different things...
    He should not have still been trying to put him down here. 

JK_Livin said:
    And who's the asshole that came in late and knocked Rudolf down?
    Good call -- 65 is a giant a hole, as well.

The Browns were way over the top all game long.  Dirty, dirty, laugh about it, be dirty some more.
    Then this crap.

I started the season liking the story and wanting them to be good, despite OBJ being on their team. 

Now I just want them to lose every game. 
    MayDay10 said:
    it was late and excessive for 8 seconds left up by 14.  It wasn't all-out violent, but unnecessary and the flashpoint for confrontation.  Yes, Rudolph acted like a frustrated baby the entire time... but Garrett's helmet dragging well after the fact, capped by the helmet swing at a human head is unprecedented.

You can clearly see the RB is well away from the play and Garrett is still working to drive the QB down.
    Pictures can be clipped to show many different things...
    He should not have still been trying to put him down here. 

This type of play the whole 60 happens every week. 

A d-lineman can’t be expected to stop on a dime and Garrett did nothing but gently pull Rudolph down

Clearly you are going to fight all the way on this.
    That is OK.  See it that way....I watched the game.  Watched it get to this, saw the context.
    Total BS.
    He is gone for a long time, I would be very surprised if this is a game or two.  Will be more.
    Nothing there to excuse what he did, and he will pay the price.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Gotta love the "but he started it!!!" takes.  That's probably the worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.  Should be suspended the rest of the season at the very least.
    Clearly you are going to fight all the way on this.
    That is OK.  See it that way....I watched the game.  Watched it get to this, saw the context.
    Total BS.
    He is gone for a long time, I would be very surprised if this is a game or two.  Will be more.
    Nothing there to excuse what he did, and he will pay the price.

Im sure he will in this SJW society. 
    Gotta love the "but he started it!!!" takes.  That's probably the worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.  Should be suspended the rest of the season at the very least.
    Do you mean the “Rudolph started it with the junk kicks and helmet grab” or “Garrett started it with the late hit”?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Looks like the neck padding on the back of the helmet absorbed the noggin hit.  

I remember watching a donnybrook between Nevada and Hawaii in a bowl game and this huge Guy raised his helmet to smash an assistant coach in the back of the skull with a Thor hammer throw and right in the middle of his downswing the pile shifted and he just missed killing this dude. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I don't think they should suspend the dude for kicking him in the head.  If you are an o-lineman and you see a guy rip your QB's helmet off and play human whack-a-mole and think you are obliged to try to murder that individual.  15 yard penalty at most.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited November 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    So its rudolph's and soft rules protecting the quarterback's fault garrett had to rip his helmet off and hit him over the head with it?

Not even garrett's teammates or coaches are defending him, and going as far to denounce the actions.

He is done at least 4 games, could be the rest of the season.  Pouncey should get a game or 2 for attacking late after he was restrained.  

Im not biased, and dont have a dog in the fight.  If anything, i hate the steelers.

I need to watch it again, but i recall a clearly excessive and late takedown of rudolph well after he got rid of the ball.  Me and the guy i was watching it with both commented "along the lines of "oh man here we go" at the time of the "hit'.  

Rudolph acted frustrated and escalated the situation for sure... but then what garrett did was so far over the top and off the scale.
    I think you missed the helmet smash was inexcusable part of my statement. We are over that part. He's gone. Im more talking about Rudolph being held accountable also. That ball came out fast. How many times have we seen defenders let go of QBs after wrapping, Wentz or Brady for example, because they thought the ball was out and they ended up getting away and making a play. Eight seconds or not, that is just a defender tackling hard. Doesn't justify getting hit in the helmet, but don't go on TV acting like an angel and like you didn't start the whole thing. Not even a slight hint of him holding himself accountable for his part of that fight.
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    MayDay10 said:
    "Took the hit"?

There were 8 seconds left, the game result was locked in and Garrett gave Rudolph a suplex well after he got rid of the ball.
    No he didn’t. Garrett landed underneath Rudolph and did nothing else malicious during the actual play. If you think there was anything truly dirty before Rudolph’s hissy fit you’re clearly biased. 

All these people calling for lifetime bans and even season ending suspensions are idiots. I’m saying 3 or 4 games and multiple game suspensions for Rudolph and Pouncey too.  Rudolph started the whole thing and Pouncey was just Pouncey-ing. 
    He did not land completely underneath him.  Rudolph landed on his shoulder, clearly. After being driven 5 yards after the ball was clearly gone. Garret knew what he was doing. Rudolph retaliated, like an idiot. 

Dewie I'm guessing your good with the headhunting the Browns safeties were doing as well.  When Randolph was smiling, before his ejection, after knocking Johnson out, you celebrating the good clean hit?

Let me add, I do think Rudolph should maybe get a game(multiple is comical). Pouncey as well. And the other Browns lineman that came in late and hit Rudolph later? Probably him too. 

Looks underneath to me. 

He didn’t drive him anywhere. He was trying to take Rudolph down because he presumed he still had the ball. Nothing illegal about the tackle and Garrett had every opportunity to pick Rudolph up and do whatever he wished with him. 

I honestly didn’t watch any part of the game besides this play. Not condoning illegal or dirty play. 

Rudolph started the whole thing with his bitch fit and Pouncey kicked and punched a guy that was being held down by another Steeler. 

Garrett definitely needs the longest suspension but his part looked way uglier than it actually turned out.

less than a second. given how the tackle was achieved. Garret was rolling him down.

I'll give you he likely didnt know the ball was thrown when he started the tackle. this all happened very quickly. it does appear , after having rudolph down he continued to drive him into the ground. I highly doubt rudolph was purposefully attempting to remove garrets helmet while on the ground. at which time garret is on his feet , rudolph still down , when garret grabbed rudolphs facemadk and tried dragging him.

as for pouncey, yes it was wrong to attempt to kick, but look closely, that kick was partially block by a cleveland players leg.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Damn the Browns are the best team in the league.

At helmet to helmet hits 
    so many helmet to helmets.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    ikiT said:
    Damn the Browns are the best team in the league.

At helmet to helmet hits 
    so many helmet to helmets.
    called for the most penalties in the league.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    DewieCox said:
    Do you mean the “Rudolph started it with the junk kicks and helmet grab” or “Garrett started it with the late hit”?
    The takes that Rudolph started it. Regardless of who "started it", Garrett needs to be suspended for a very long time.  
    DewieCox said:
    The takes that Rudolph started it. Regardless of who "started it", Garrett needs to be suspended for a very long time.  
    He definitely isnt an innocent bystander, and some frustration got the better of him after Garrett took him down roughly and unnecessarily (IMO).  He went back after Garrett pretty hard just prior to the helmet-swing, but it is kind of hard to blame him for being furious at that point after literally getting dragged around by his facemask.  He should be fined for his role in this, but he didnt do anything that awful or dangerous.  
    MayDay10 said:
    DewieCox said:
    He definitely isnt an innocent bystander, and some frustration got the better of him after Garrett took him down roughly and unnecessarily (IMO).  He went back after Garrett pretty hard just prior to the helmet-swing, but it is kind of hard to blame him for being furious at that point after literally getting dragged around by his facemask.  He should be fined for his role in this, but he didnt do anything that awful or dangerous.  
    For sure.  It's just amazing to me how people try to justify someone using a helmet as a fucking weapon.  It's crazy.
    Who is justifying that? If you think Garrett took him down hard or slammed him, or suplexed him etc etc  then you’re not watching the same play or you’re influenced by homerism or even the nature of Cleveland’s play to that point. 

Cleveland’s dirty play was taken care of during the game with penalties and ejections and will be taken care of after the game with fines and suspensions. Not on Rudolph to get frustrated and nut shot a guy repeatedly, directly causing what followed. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

DewieCox said:
    Who is justifying that? If you think Garrett took him down hard or slammed him, or suplexed him etc etc  then you’re not watching the same play or you’re influenced by homerism or even the nature of Cleveland’s play to that point. 

Cleveland’s dirty play was taken care of during the game with penalties and ejections and will be taken care of after the game with fines and suspensions. Not on Rudolph to get frustrated and nut shot a guy repeatedly, directly causing what followed. 
    Not sure what you're even talking about here.  Homerism??  I don't give a shit about either team.  There's plenty of morons out there on twitter trying to blame Rudolph for the whole thing.  Pretty sure "But Rudolph" was trending on twitter last night.
    DewieCox said:

Not sure what you're even talking about here.  Homerism??  I don't give a shit about either team.  There's plenty of morons out there on twitter trying to blame Rudolph for the whole thing.  Pretty sure "But Rudolph" was trending on twitter last night.
    Many more morons claiming Garrett should be expelled from the league, sued and prosecuted. 
    edited November 2019
    Nothing excuses what Garrett did.

That should end all of the blaming of Rudolph.

BTW, I fully support Rudolph's reactions.  No way that was not excessive by the D-lineman.
    Also, dude was knocked the fuck out a few weeks ago on a helmet to helmet hit, and he watched the parade of asshole moments from Cleveland players last night.
    If you H2H someone and they are blown up, on the ground, looking like they were temple shot from a clock-tower....and you laugh (like that pile of waste did last night) I think you should be out for multiple games.
    Clearly this was an intentional approach by the team. 
    Pay for it.