Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    I like Ryan, he just looked off in the games I watched.  (Very much so)

Julio & Ryan deserve another crack at SB... wasn’t their fault they lost that game 
    Julio I agree, but Ryan deserves a sliver of blame pie. Biggest hunk goes to Shanahan for sure, but Ryan could/should have audibled to a run at least once, maybe a couple times late and could/should have thrown the ball away rather than taking that key sack late that took them out of FG range.
    he won that game....if you listen to Packers HC Lafleur, who was ATL QB Coach that year, Shanahan didn't give too much leeway for audibles, Devonta Freeman Missed a huge block that caused the fumble.....if he farted on Hightower that would have prevented the sack

Look at his QB rating for that game, one of the highest ever....yes Shanahan helped, but hes had great years without him

Fraud is funny.....Guy also plays for shitty offensive Line ( Give him Cowboys Offensive Line) also never ever ever in his entire career have they fielded a top ten Defense.....and he won an MVP, Played well in the 2012 or 2013 NFC title game that the 49ers also came back due to his shitty HC Smith.

Problem with Matt Ryan is he plays in ATL.....Fans don't care there, national audience barely knows they exist
    I think what's an interesting conversion is: "Does the coaching staff constantly change because the QB isn't good enough and gets the OC and/or HC fired?  Or is the organization not getting the coaching staff right to maximize the QB's ability?"  Matt Ryan seems to be an interesting case study for that discussion.
    RG3 comes to mind...

He was great.  Got two coaches fired.  Got hurt.  Got run out of the league after his talent didn't go any further.

Should have listened to them coaches...
    The coaches shouldn't have put him back on the field with his knee in the condition it was in.  I worry about this happening to Mahomes after dislocating his right knee cap and playing with a brace.  It's a hell of a thing to toss around in your mind.  QB or coach more at fault.
    Shanahan never wanted him.  Was forced t play him.  Can't place everything on the coach there.

I know the Redskins suck as an organization but RG3 was gone shortly after Gruden got there because he still didn't work out.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,164
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Julio & Ryan deserve another crack at SB... wasn’t their fault they lost that game 
    Julio I agree, but Ryan deserves a sliver of blame pie. Biggest hunk goes to Shanahan for sure, but Ryan could/should have audibled to a run at least once, maybe a couple times late and could/should have thrown the ball away rather than taking that key sack late that took them out of FG range.
    he won that game....if you listen to Packers HC Lafleur, who was ATL QB Coach that year, Shanahan didn't give too much leeway for audibles, Devonta Freeman Missed a huge block that caused the fumble.....if he farted on Hightower that would have prevented the sack

Look at his QB rating for that game, one of the highest ever....yes Shanahan helped, but hes had great years without him

Fraud is funny.....Guy also plays for shitty offensive Line ( Give him Cowboys Offensive Line) also never ever ever in his entire career have they fielded a top ten Defense.....and he won an MVP, Played well in the 2012 or 2013 NFC title game that the 49ers also came back due to his shitty HC Smith.

Problem with Matt Ryan is he plays in ATL.....Fans don't care there, national audience barely knows they exist
    I think what's an interesting conversion is: "Does the coaching staff constantly change because the QB isn't good enough and gets the OC and/or HC fired?  Or is the organization not getting the coaching staff right to maximize the QB's ability?"  Matt Ryan seems to be an interesting case study for that discussion.
    Really?

look at ATL football before Ryan, vs after he got there

2 NFC championship game appearances, 1 SB lose in 40 years

Ryan Matched that and is still playing

So I guess Dan Marino is < Eli Manning listening to some of this logic

Atlanta is a shitty sports town.... I think it’s pretty impressive what he’s done there..... you of all people should know, Mahomes ain’t winning shit ... D can’t stop a nose bleed. 

Dan Quinn hasn’t delivered on his defensive expertise... you can’t win having just offense.

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited November 2019
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Really?

look at ATL football before Ryan, vs after he got there

2 NFC championship game appearances, 1 SB lose in 40 years

Ryan Matched that and is still playing

So I guess Dan Marino is < Eli Manning listening to some of this logic

Atlanta is a shitty sports town.... I think it’s pretty impressive what he’s done there..... you of all people should know, Mahomes ain’t winning shit ... D can’t stop a nose bleed. 

Dan Quinn hasn’t delivered on his defensive expertise... you can’t win having just offense.

I'm not taking a side on either for Matt Ryan.  Mind you, I'm still holding the guy in high regard.  He did have his best season under Kyle Shannahan as OC, but that may have been Ryan making KS look good. 

I'm not sure how I insinuated that because of the logic you think I threw out there that I'm saying Dan Marino, or another QB of similar standing is worse than an "Eli Manning."

Mahomes will win shit, because he's that good.  Dude can carry a team like few other can.  If the D doesn't get better, he'll still back into one like Manning did in the mid-2000's by the team catching lightning in a bottle in late December through the playoffs.  If KC doesn't win it this year, they still have several more shots at it.
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    What's up with this weird Kaepernick work out the NFL is pushing on Saturday?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28074313/colin-kaepernick-know-attend-workout-ahead
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The NFL is a wired bunch of old, white, men.
    This is a traveshamockery

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    What's up with this weird Kaepernick work out the NFL is pushing on Saturday?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28074313/colin-kaepernick-know-attend-workout-ahead
    Makes no sense whatsoever...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    just realized a good thing, if I am correct.....stabby lewis seems to be no longer employed by any of the networks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Damn the Browns are the best team in the league.

At helmet to helmet hits 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Damn the Browns are the best team in the league.

At helmet to helmet hits 

That was such a brutal and unnecessary hit....he deserved to get ejected.  Browns are so sloppy.  Not surprising with that coach.
  • Options
    Yeah, I like how the player was upset.
    Dude, that was exactly what they wrote the rule to stop.  F off and enjoy the locker room!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It will be interesting to see how the Colts look with Brissett back this week.  If they go back to looking like a playoff team, it will speak well to Jacoby's future.  I think that is the sign of a franchise QB.  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Garrett went roid rage
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    He gone
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2019
    Helmet smash was inexcusable, but all that could've been avoided if Rudolph didn't act like a bitch and just took the hit. All these damn quarterbacks are so pampered they don't even know what a routine tackle is anymore. Then he went to the presscon and said, "What Garrett did was cowardly and bush league." Motherfucker, you started it! You tried to yank Garrett's helmet first, it just didn't come off. Lol
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • Options
    "Took the hit"?

There were 8 seconds left, the game result was locked in and Garrett gave Rudolph a suplex well after he got rid of the ball.
  • Options
    Wow.  The Browns are just the worst.  
    That dude should be out for a year.  Fuck him.  
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    MayDay10 said:
    "Took the hit"?

There were 8 seconds left, the game result was locked in and Garrett gave Rudolph a suplex well after he got rid of the ball.
    No he didn’t. Garrett landed underneath Rudolph and did nothing else malicious during the actual play. If you think there was anything truly dirty before Rudolph’s hissy fit you’re clearly biased. 

All these people calling for lifetime bans and even season ending suspensions are idiots. I’m saying 3 or 4 games and multiple game suspensions for Rudolph and Pouncey too.  Rudolph started the whole thing and Pouncey was just Pouncey-ing. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Burfict got 12 games for a late hit that didnt even phase the other guy.  He had a history, yes, but lets see what the league does.  This was something never seen before.  If players trying to keep the peace get suspended these days then multiple players last night should be suspended for fighting.  Garrett might not even get an official number of games
  • Options
    So its rudolph's and soft rules protecting the quarterback's fault garrett had to rip his helmet off and hit him over the head with it?

Not even garrett's teammates or coaches are defending him, and going as far to denounce the actions.

He is done at least 4 games, could be the rest of the season.  Pouncey should get a game or 2 for attacking late after he was restrained.  

Im not biased, and dont have a dog in the fight.  If anything, i hate the steelers.

I need to watch it again, but i recall a clearly excessive and late takedown of rudolph well after he got rid of the ball.  Me and the guy i was watching it with both commented "along the lines of "oh man here we go" at the time of the "hit'.  

Rudolph acted frustrated and escalated the situation for sure... but then what garrett did was so far over the top and off the scale.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited November 2019
    DewieCox said:
    MayDay10 said:
    "Took the hit"?

No he didn’t. Garrett landed underneath Rudolph and did nothing else malicious during the actual play. If you think there was anything truly dirty before Rudolph’s hissy fit you’re clearly biased. 

All these people calling for lifetime bans and even season ending suspensions are idiots. I’m saying 3 or 4 games and multiple game suspensions for Rudolph and Pouncey too.  Rudolph started the whole thing and Pouncey was just Pouncey-ing. 
    He did not land completely underneath him.  Rudolph landed on his shoulder, clearly. After being driven 5 yards after the ball was clearly gone. Garret knew what he was doing. Rudolph retaliated, like an idiot. 

Dewie I'm guessing your good with the headhunting the Browns safeties were doing as well.  When Randolph was smiling, before his ejection, after knocking Johnson out, you celebrating the good clean hit?

Let me add, I do think Rudolph should maybe get a game(multiple is comical). Pouncey as well. And the other Browns lineman that came in late and hit Rudolph later? Probably him too. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    no excuse for hitting someone with a helmet, that's pretty much assault. Even if Rudolph tried taking Garrett's helmet off and started it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Should be Garrett suspended for 6 (which is balance of season) and Pouncey for 2.
    Rudolph and the other lineman don't warrant suspension for the incident. Fines yes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    What shall the NFL Wheel of Justice decide?  If I was Miles I would be scared as shit.  This seems like a bunny for Goodell and he will flex his muscles to protect “the shield “. 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    MayDay10 said:
    "Took the hit"?

He did not land completely underneath him.  Rudolph landed on his shoulder, clearly. After being driven 5 yards after the ball was clearly gone. Garret knew what he was doing. Rudolph retaliated, like an idiot. 

Dewie I'm guessing your good with the headhunting the Browns safeties were doing as well.  When Randolph was smiling, before his ejection, after knocking Johnson out, you celebrating the good clean hit?

Let me add, I do think Rudolph should maybe get a game(multiple is comical). Pouncey as well. And the other Browns lineman that came in late and hit Rudolph later? Probably him too. 

Looks underneath to me. 

He didn’t drive him anywhere. He was trying to take Rudolph down because he presumed he still had the ball. Nothing illegal about the tackle and Garrett had every opportunity to pick Rudolph up and do whatever he wished with him. 

I honestly didn’t watch any part of the game besides this play. Not condoning illegal or dirty play. 

Rudolph started the whole thing with his bitch fit and Pouncey kicked and punched a guy that was being held down by another Steeler. 

Garrett definitely needs the longest suspension but his part looked way uglier than it actually turned out.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    MayDay10 said:
    "Took the hit"?

Looks underneath to me. 

He didn’t drive him anywhere. He was trying to take Rudolph down because he presumed he still had the ball. Nothing illegal about the tackle and Garrett had every opportunity to pick Rudolph up and do whatever he wished with him. 

I honestly didn’t watch any part of the game besides this play. Not condoning illegal or dirty play. 

Rudolph started the whole thing with his bitch fit and Pouncey kicked and punched a guy that was being held down by another Steeler. 

Garrett definitely needs the longest suspension but his part looked way uglier than it actually turned out.

Seriously? You are making a wild assumption that he knew he still had the ball.   I'm not defending Rudolph for trying to punch him while on the ground, but it is comical saying Garrets part was not as bad as it looks. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    No more wild than assuming Garrett was being totally malicious by tackling Rudolph and not nearly as wild as claiming Rudolph was suplexed.

People are acting like Rudolph was maimed and it didn’t seem to phase him, was my point. 
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This could be along the lines of the McSorely/Brashear hockey stick to the back of the head incident. Off the field charges could be warranted.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What is Rudolph trying to do? I didn't see anything wrong until Mason starts pulling at Garrett's helmet.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer