Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    You’re right about Garrett

Thats not how doing bad/dumb shit works. Rudolph deserves punishment for his part. 

It 100% wasn’t excessive on the tackle. He seriously put him down about as gently as you can tackle someone. No penalty called  there won’t be a fine for it. 

Sounds like it was a concerted effort to play Steeler style dirty ass football. Let the refs and league decide what’s over the line. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    DewieCox said:
    Who is justifying that? If you think Garrett took him down hard or slammed him, or suplexed him etc etc  then you’re not watching the same play or you’re influenced by homerism or even the nature of Cleveland’s play to that point. 

Cleveland’s dirty play was taken care of during the game with penalties and ejections and will be taken care of after the game with fines and suspensions. Not on Rudolph to get frustrated and nut shot a guy repeatedly, directly causing what followed. 
    i kind of agree.  the initial tackle was not that egregious of a play. hell not sure it's even a penalty.  that being said nothing Rudolph did justifies a guy using a helmet as a weapon. 

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Even Vontaze Burfict hasn't stooped to the level that Garrett did.  (At least in the NFL)
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    I, again, feel badly for Browns fans.  Their teams suck, and this year was meant to be different.  Get a big win and you are stuck talking about the dumb-dumb hitting the opposing QB with his own helmet.
    (Won't feel badly for any Browns fans defending Dumb-Dumb, though.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    edited November 2019
    DewieCox said:

Sounds like it was a concerted effort to play Steeler style dirty ass football. 
    That is just an incredibly dumb statement 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Rudolph started it punching Garrett when on the ground, he deserves the big fine heading his way. Pouncey deserves the games he will get as well for the punches and kicks.  Ogunjobi deserves his fines for hitting Rudolph after all this as well.  The two Browns Safeties deserves some time off as well for headhunting. Garrett ripping the helmet off Rudolph and using it as a weapon deserves his fines and games.  
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Even Vontaze Burfict hasn't stooped to the level that Garrett did.  (At least in the NFL)
    It's never good when you do something that even Burfict hasn't done!!!
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

LOL!! Are you seriously denying that the Steelers are a historically dirty team? That whole division is a shit show when it comes to dirty play. Helmet swing notwithstanding, the Browns play last night was right out of the Pit playbook.
  • Options
    I, again, feel badly for Browns fans.  Their teams suck, and this year was meant to be different.  Get a big win and you are stuck talking about the dumb-dumb hitting the opposing QB with his own helmet.
    (Won't feel badly for any Browns fans defending Dumb-Dumb, though.)
    I don’t feel bad after all the smack talk during the off-season. They made some noise in a down division last year and made some ok, but overrate dmoves in the off-season and then talked like they’d waltz to the SB. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Suspended for season.  Should be into next year as well, imo.  Give him 10 games to learn from this and to send a message.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Suspended for season.  Should be into next year as well, imo.  Give him 10 games to learn from this and to send a message.
    I wonder what past incident you can compare this to, to give it some context.  Maybe Haynesworth stepping on a dude's head intentionally?  He only got 5 games for that.  This has to be closer to one full season.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Where is Rudolph's punishment?
  • Options
    I wonder what past incident you can compare this to, to give it some context.  Maybe Haynesworth stepping on a dude's head intentionally?  He only got 5 games for that.  This has to be closer to one full season.
    There have been other helmet swingers and the punishment was much less.

I think rest of the season is fair but beyond that ....Guess it depends on how Garrett handles himself in the off-season. 
  • Options
    Agree.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

LOL!! Are you seriously denying that the Steelers are a historically dirty team? That whole division is a shit show when it comes to dirty play. Helmet swing notwithstanding, the Browns play last night was right out of the Pit playbook.
    Which group of scholarly gentlemen angels do you follow that have never committed any sort of dirty play?

Th Steelers have had bad players in the past, just as I am sure your team has as well. 
  • Options
    Rudolph deserved a fine as well, that is surprising. 
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Rudolph deserved a fine as well, that is surprising. 
    Thank you
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    edited November 2019
    Garrett suspended indefinitely at least for this season
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I think what Rudolph did to "start this" happens every game and should be a fine, as well.  (I still hold that it was the a cheap shot and that he was not trying to 'lay him down' but 'lay him out' and take the flag or whatever would be meaningless at the end of the game by Garrett....and that this was the start of things.)

Do not think it should be a suspension, but I understand if they feel they need to give him a 1 gamer so that they cover their own butts.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251

The video embedded in this ESPN article;

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28087446/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban

has what is obviously the Cleveland radio call...its hilarious, sounds like our own Dewie Cox is the announcer, guy makes Johnny Most sound like an impartial observer.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28087446/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban

has what is obviously the Cleveland radio call...its hilarious, sounds like our own Dewie Cox is the announcer, guy makes Johnny Most sound like an impartial observer.

I like how he doesn't properly identify the players. 
    Pretty funny.

"Larry Legend" Most....oh man, that guy was a tough listen if you were not a Celts fan.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Poncier said:

I like how he doesn't properly identify the players. 
    Pretty funny.

"Larry Legend" Most....oh man, that guy was a tough listen if you were not a Celts fan.
    And he says absolutely nothing about the helmet swing.

Most was hilarious as a Celts fan. The most biased homer announcer I can recall. (until hearing that clip from last night ;)  )
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Hey now, call me an asshole and imply I’m a misguided jerk all you want. I will not sit idly by and let you insinuate I’m a Browns fan or homer, not for one second.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited November 2019
    Larry Bird was an unstoppable force in 1985.  None of you could defend him today.  He'd rain buckets yo.

Hey if you attempt to ASSAULT someone with a football helmet and you swing that helmet and you miss, is that still a crime? 

Asking for a friend...

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    The Raiders are the historically dirty team. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Discipline is not over yet.  Only the suspensions, guessing some heavy fines are coming as well. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641
    ikiT said:
    The Raiders are the historically dirty team. 
    In the 70s yes. Its just ridiculous when the NFL punishes Oakland these days more than other teams for lesser stuff but whatever.  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641
    Rudolph deserved a game for being part of the fight and coming back for more.  It could have ended there.  Garrett deserves his indefinite ban tho.  
  • Options
    So I have seen the Roseboro/Marichal brawl, McSorely/Brashear and the UFC 229 brawl where McGregor got sucker punched from behind.

This ranks right up there with the Marichal and McSorely hits.  McSorley was modern and he never played again.  I doubt Garrett will either.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The steelers punishment is that Rudolph isn't suspended!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer