The National Football League

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    MayDay10 said:

Bridgewater down

The whole clutching thy knee while teammates pray is never a good sign.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,012
    They cancelled practice for a player injury? Hope the dude is OK.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,365
    That sucks for Vikings fans. Love having teams with all their weapons but sadly it rarely happens in the NFL.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Is Christian Ponder available? Wow this a kick to the nuts for the Vikes.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Jason P said:

Nope, 49ers already signed him. Now if either team was willing to trade for Kap I would be willing to bet the 49ers would accept a 7th round pick in the CFL draft for him.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Jason P said:

Nope, 49ers already signed him. Now if either team was willing to trade for Kap I would be willing to bet the 49ers would accept a 7th round pick in the CFL draft for him.
    Kap is getting shit in the liberal capital of the US. Can't see him going to Minnesota.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,012
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Kap is getting shit in the liberal capital of the US. Can't see him going to Minnesota.
    Good point. Wait, didn't they elect Al Franken & Jesse Ventura?
    Interesting group of people, Minnesotans.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Good point. Wait, didn't they elect Al Franken & Jesse Ventura?
    Interesting group of people, Minnesotans.
    You betcha
    I think Kap ends up in Dallas. 49ers playing him this weekend is probably a showcase for Dallas and Minnesota. If they can't trade him I think he gets cut. He doesn't want to be there and they don't want him.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,847
    I have no problem with Kaep's stance. What he's protestimg is real. makes no diff that he has a $126M contract. afican americans need other paths to success besides athletics and music (and, no, that's not the white man's fault).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427
    Wobbie said:

I have no problem with Kaep's stance. What he's protestimg is real. makes no diff that he has a $126M contract. afican americans need other paths to success besides athletics and music (and, no, that's not the white man's fault).

Yep.
    The Vikings should go after Matt Hasselbeck. He was able to manage the Colts to 8-8 and the Vikings have a much better total team.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,407
    Wobbie said:

except he IS saying it is the white man's fault by protesting that blacks are oppressed in this country.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,681
    pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

except he IS saying it is the white man's fault by protesting that blacks are oppressed in this country.
    i don't think he ever said white man
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

i don't think he ever said white man
    not literally but i don't think he means the latino's are oppressing the black men. come on when he says blacks are being oppressed who do you think he means?
    R.I.P. Teddy Bridgewater

No one gives up that much for Bradford unless that knee is a goner.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,681
    Mark Sanchez released
    I miss igotid88
    Jason P said:

R.I.P. Teddy Bridgewater

No one gives up that much for Bradford unless that knee is a goner.

good trade for the Vikes though. they desperately needed a QB for this year and Bradford's contract is only for 2 years. Vikes kind of fortunate that a NFL level starter was available this late even though I'm not a Bradford fan. At least gives them a shot for this year.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,847
    igotid88 said:

Mark Sanchez released

and rises again with Jerry's team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Jared Goff wan't even dress in uniform in the opener. The punter will be 3rd string if necessary.

This man will never earn the respect of his teammates thanks to brilliant coaching by Jeff Fisher.

Ryan Leaf may have some hope of being usurped as the biggest NFL draft bust ever ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Wobbie said:

igotid88 said:

Mark Sanchez released

and rises again with Jerry's team.
    Haha ... I am looking at it this way, Dallas essentially lost their top 2 QB that they were going into the season with and Dak was to be the third QB so if he goes down and Sanchez comes in it doesn't matter at that point ... I'm just hoping Dak can keep the ship a float, but with their D in Dallas he might have to win some shootouts.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,820
    Jason P said:

Jared Goff wan't even dress in uniform in the opener. The punter will be 3rd string if necessary.

This man will never earn the respect of his teammates thanks to brilliant coaching by Jeff Fisher.

Ryan Leaf may have some hope of being usurped as the biggest NFL draft bust ever ...

Really? The season hasn't even started yet. Throwing rookie QBs in there right away doesn't always work out too well. I like that a team is actually being patient with a rookie QB instead of putting him in there expecting him to produce right away.
    edited September 2016

Jason P said:

Really? The season hasn't even started yet. Throwing rookie QBs in there right away doesn't always work out too well. I like that a team is actually being patient with a rookie QB instead of putting him in there expecting him to produce right away.
    Not saying he should start, but having the number 1 pick sit in street clothes while healthy is unprecedented. If he is having confidence issues, this is one of the worst moves you could make as a head coach.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited September 2016
    Jason P said:

Completely disagree. That is how rookies (even first rounders) used to be treated. You earn your spot on the roster and you will earn the respect of your team. There is absolutely no reason for most rookie qbs to play in their first season. I'm not convinced not dressing him is unprecedented either.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Jason P said:

Completely disagree. That is how rookies (even first rounders) used to be treated. You earn your spot on the roster and you will earn the respect of your team. There is absolutely no reason for most rookie qbs to play in their first season. I'm not convinced not dressing him is unprecedented either.
    Let's face it though, he didn't lose this gig to Brady or someone like that. I don't think he should start. The knock on him coming out of college is he would need time and shouldn't start right away. To not be able to beat out Mannion for backup has got to be a hit to his confidence. Keep all 3 QB's active if you need to and if the need arises skip him and go to Mannion in a game. Plus, the Rams expected him to be the backup. He is still listed as the backup on their own website. therams.com/team/depth-chart.html
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Jason P said:

Let's face it though, he didn't lose this gig to Brady or someone like that. I don't think he should start. The knock on him coming out of college is he would need time and shouldn't start right away. To not be able to beat out Mannion for backup has got to be a hit to his confidence. Keep all 3 QB's active if you need to and if the need arises skip him and go to Mannion in a game. Plus, the Rams expected him to be the backup. He is still listed as the backup on their own website. therams.com/team/depth-chart.html
    I agree. It may be a punishment for being late to a meeting or leaving the playbook somewhere he shouldn't have. He may be even making sure the kids ego is kept in check. But I have no problem with him not dressing some games. That's how they learn. The Andrew lucks of the nfl are few and far between.

Jason P said:

A player worth six draft picks sitting out is unprecedented. It's not like Joe Montana and Steve Young are ahead of him. Quite the opposite.
  • Jason P said:

Jason P said:

A player worth six draft picks sitting out is unprecedented. It's not like Joe Montana and Steve Young are ahead of him. Quite the opposite.
    What does it matter what's ahead of him? He's not ready to play so why have him out there?

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

What does it matter what's ahead of him? He's not ready to play so why have him out there?
    Put him out there so he is actually still involved with the offense and can learn from the sidelines. Keep his confidence level up so he doesn't have to watch out for distracting the water boy from bringing quality H2O to the actual people playing the game.

Now he doesn't even get to carry a clip board around.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Put him out there so he is actually still involved with the offense and can learn from the sidelines. Keep his confidence level up so he doesn't have to watch out for distracting the water boy from bringing quality H2O to the actual people playing the game.

Now he doesn't even get to carry a clip board around.
    Professional athletes shouldn't need incentives to maintain their confidence.