The National Football League

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    how many minutes of actual gameplay does an NFL game have on average? (from snap to the whistle)

11-13 minutes...

3+ hour broadcast... 1+ hours of commercials... instant replays take longer than game play... most of the live action is players & coaches standing around, huddling, etc...

2 years ago the super bowl had 12:06 minutes of actual play time
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jared Goff wan't even dress in uniform in the opener. The punter will be 3rd string if necessary.

This man will never earn the respect of his teammates thanks to brilliant coaching by Jeff Fisher.

Ryan Leaf may have some hope of being usurped as the biggest NFL draft bust ever ...

Completely disagree. That is how rookies (even first rounders) used to be treated. You earn your spot on the roster and you will earn the respect of your team. There is absolutely no reason for most rookie qbs to play in their first season. I'm not convinced not dressing him is unprecedented either.
    A player worth six draft picks sitting out is unprecedented. It's not like Joe Montana and Steve Young are ahead of him. Quite the opposite.
    What does it matter what's ahead of him? He's not ready to play so why have him out there?
    Put him out there so he is actually still involved with the offense and can learn from the sidelines. Keep his confidence level up so he doesn't have to watch out for distracting the water boy from bringing quality H2O to the actual people playing the game.

Now he doesn't even get to carry a clip board around.
    Professional athletes shouldn't need incentives to maintain their confidence.
    It's not incentives. He is "the future" for a new team in one of the two biggest markets in the NFL. That's a lot of pressure and he has to start off roaming the sidelines in sweatpants on Monday Night Football of all things.

Anywho, IMO, the Rams are dumb. They fucked up. Goff wasn't worth six draft picks. He has two jamokes starting ahead of him, which makes him starting jamoke in the depth chart.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,407
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jared Goff wan't even dress in uniform in the opener. The punter will be 3rd string if necessary.

This man will never earn the respect of his teammates thanks to brilliant coaching by Jeff Fisher.

Ryan Leaf may have some hope of being usurped as the biggest NFL draft bust ever ...

Completely disagree. That is how rookies (even first rounders) used to be treated. You earn your spot on the roster and you will earn the respect of your team. There is absolutely no reason for most rookie qbs to play in their first season. I'm not convinced not dressing him is unprecedented either.
    A player worth six draft picks sitting out is unprecedented. It's not like Joe Montana and Steve Young are ahead of him. Quite the opposite.
    What does it matter what's ahead of him? He's not ready to play so why have him out there?
    Put him out there so he is actually still involved with the offense and can learn from the sidelines. Keep his confidence level up so he doesn't have to watch out for distracting the water boy from bringing quality H2O to the actual people playing the game.

It's not incentives. He is "the future" for a new team in one of the two biggest markets in the NFL. That's a lot of pressure and he has to start off roaming the sidelines in sweatpants on Monday Night Football of all things.

Anywho, IMO, the Rams are dumb. They fucked up. Goff wasn't worth six draft picks. He has two jamokes starting ahead of him, which makes him starting jamoke in the depth chart.
    i agree with you. unless is for a discipline reason you can't not dress the 1st pick in the draft in the 1st game.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,820
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

i agree with you. unless is for a discipline reason you can't not dress the 1st pick in the draft in the 1st game.
    Why does that matter??? It's 1 game. Not dressing for 1 game isn't going to ruin a guy's career.....if he doesn't dress the whole damn season, it would be fine. Like someone else said in this thread, most rookie QBs shouldn't even be on the field their rookie year.

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Why does that matter??? It's 1 game. Not dressing for 1 game isn't going to ruin a guy's career.....if he doesn't dress the whole damn season, it would be fine. Like someone else said in this thread, most rookie QBs shouldn't even be on the field their rookie year.
    He is the 1st overall pick that was chosen because the team crippled their future development of available talent because he is the chosen one. And he will be sitting in his street clothes.

Most rookie QB's are not drafted #1 overall. If the dude was picked #93 and was sitting #3 on the depth charts, we wouldn't be having this debate.
    Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

He is the 1st overall pick that was chosen because the team crippled their future development of available talent because he is the chosen one. And he will be sitting in his street clothes.

Most rookie QB's are not drafted #1 overall. If the dude was picked #93 and was sitting #3 on the depth charts, we wouldn't be having this debate.
    But you still can't explain why it matters so much. He wasn't expected to come in and be the savior right away so I guess I just don't see the importance of him being the #3 QB for 1 game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,847
    JaMarcus Russell was the last previous #1 to not dress for game 1. There's no need to start Goff but he certainly ought to dress.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited September 2016

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

But you still can't explain why it matters so much. He wasn't expected to come in and be the savior right away so I guess I just don't see the importance of him being the #3 QB for 1 game.

Of course he was expected to be the savior unless the team that traded six draft picks are a bunch of goddamn morons. The Rams are a pile of poop and their O-line are like a bunch of blind monks that are not good at karate

The Rams have no building strategy for the next couple of years.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Les Snead is the GM and is not a very good one. Jeff Fisher blows as a coach. Goff couldn't hit the broad side of a barn during most of the pre-season and when he did his WRs dropped the ball. Goff was certainly not worth the picks, the team needed a receiver. The team is doomed. The only thing keeping fans interested is a new stadium and by 2025 LA folk won't care about the team again.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

Les Snead is the GM and is not a very good one. Jeff Fisher blows as a coach. Goff couldn't hit the broad side of a barn during most of the pre-season and when he did his WRs dropped the ball. Goff was certainly not worth the picks, the team needed a receiver. The team is doomed. The only thing keeping fans interested is a new stadium and by 2025 LA folk won't care about the team again.

And then they move back to St Louis. It could be worse, you could have Balke as your GM.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Of course he was expected to be the savior unless the team that traded six draft picks are a bunch of goddamn morons. The Rams are a pile of poop and their O-line are like a bunch of blind monks that are not good at karate

I said he's not expected to be the savior right away. You still can't it explain why it is so vital for him to be in uniform week 1. I think it's refreshing to see a team not rush a rookie QB who isn't ready.
    So happy the NFL is finally back.
  • So happy the NFL is finally back.

Yes.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

I said he's not expected to be the savior right away. You still can't it explain why it is so vital for him to be in uniform week 1. I think it's refreshing to see a team not rush a rookie QB who isn't ready.
    2 true statements here:

1) there is no rush to get Goff in. Get him help
    2) unfortunately the Rams have no plan on how to rebuild to get him help.

Stan Kroenke owns quite a few sports teams. They all suck but make him money.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I'm done with the Rams. They suck and don't deserve this much thought. What is everyone's super bowl picks? I have Cards beating the Pats.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I'm done with the Rams. They suck and don't deserve this much thought. What is everyone's super bowl picks? I have Cards beating the Pats.

I like Seattle vs. Cincy in the super bowl.

I think Seattle is better than they were last year. Plus, they're under the radar. Cincinnati is just a non NE guess.
    Cincy over GB
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Green Bay has no defense. They wouldn't have been good last year with jordy. Over rated.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

So happy the NFL is finally back.

Yep..time to start listening to sports radio again! I tune out when football is over.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,648
    Pats over nfc champ
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,582
    Pats over GB.
    Finally get the Brady vs Rodgers matchup.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Pats over Panthers in the Superbowl. Should be a fun season, i'm excited!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Cowboys over whoever!!!!!!' :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    utah fucktard fumbles on his first NFL carry.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    love hearing THE ohio state university when players intoduce themselves.

pureoc loves it, too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Talk about no fun league. That was taunting?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    al michaels sucks.....even if he got his start as an SF Giants announcer.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

al michaels sucks.....even if he got his start as an SF Giants announcer.

You really do hate everyone don't you? Al Michaels is the best.
    al michaels was earlier talking abiut some ref giving hochuli a run for his money. he sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16