The National Football League

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

It appears the Panthers started a human pinata in the 2nd half ...

some of those guys paychecks are going to be a little lighter next week
    I need to see it in slow mo but looks like he lead with a shoulder on that hit. I don't like seeing players get hurt but QB's now are such pussies as a whole. Brady and Manning were the worst in that regards and is why in my opinion neither can ever be considered the greatest of all time. Top 5 ever, sure. But they didn't endure the legal pounding Montana took.
    Oh stop it with your homerism. Someday, even niner fans are going to have to accept the fact that Brady is better than montana. It is just a fact.
    The difference between Montana and Brady is...

Montana never lost a Super Bowl to Elway's littler, less-talented brother (let alone twice)!
    This is true :glasses:
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited September 2016
    Thank you for the slo mo. I had something to do and missed the hit real time. Agreed at least the dude who went head first should be suspended. Back in the day though that hit was legal and the NFL actually promoted them. There were no fines or suspensions on hits like this that ended Young's career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dw63deh_Y
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Or this one to Montana. This was every game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyV5eqBx7ws
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Can you post a video that works?

Wait, I am a 49ers fan...I know exactly which 2 hits those were and I dont need to see again.
    It was worse for the older guys, although the players have never been close to as strong and fast as they are now.
    Unbelievable that the refs weren't calling them. You can say they are bad rules...but they are the rules. Enforce them!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason P said:

Jason P said:

I need to see it in slow mo but looks like he lead with a shoulder on that hit. I don't like seeing players get hurt but QB's now are such pussies as a whole. Brady and Manning were the worst in that regards and is why in my opinion neither can ever be considered the greatest of all time. Top 5 ever, sure. But they didn't endure the legal pounding Montana took.
    Oh stop it with your homerism. Someday, even niner fans are going to have to accept the fact that Brady is better than montana. It is just a fact.

Montana never lost a Super Bowl to Elway's littler, less-talented brother (let alone twice)!
    This is true :glasses:
    It's true...but I don't think it's a good point. I look at Brady's 4-2 record in the Super Bowl being more impressive than Montana's 4-0 record. Getting to two more in an impressive feat. If Joe could have gotten to more, who knows what happens? But he didn't.

But that's just counting wins and losses. On the flip-side to that, five of the six Brady Super Bowl appearances could have gone one way or another (I think they had firm control of their SB39 win over the Eagles) whereas Montana's teams easily handled the Bengals in the first one, Miami in the second, and Denver in the fourth. Only his third win over the Bengals (the John Taylor game-winner) was close. Plus Montana never turned the ball over in the Super Bowl...luckily for him...because that Bengals' Lewis Billups dropped an easy interception in the endzone that Joe through right to him late in the game. He picks that off...and Joe's probably 3-1 in the big game.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Easily handled the Bengals??? They needed a last minute 92 yard drive and TD pass to John Taylor to win that game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855
    Jason P said:

Easily handled the Bengals??? They needed a last minute 92 yard drive and TD pass to John Taylor to win that game.

I remember that drunken SB party....beer on ice in the bathtub and everyone crowded around a 27" tube TV :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855

Here is some homerism for you:

Aikman > Brady

Aikman was great but had like a thousand concussions.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited September 2016
    Wobbie said:

Jason P said:

I remember that drunken SB party....beer on ice in the bathtub and everyone crowded around a 27" tube TV :lol:
    I was a little 49ers fan (cause they were the shit and colts were unknown in Indiana at the time ... all hail bobby knight) and I remember crying cause I thought they were going to lose.

I also faked being sick the next day so I could watch the game over and over on my VHS player!
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Jason P said:

He was talking about the first one, SB XVI.
    49ers needed a huge goalline stand to secure that win but that was absolutely a close game. (Score was 26-21 and Ben-Gals scored 14 in the final frame.)
  • ^^ Ben-Gals also outgained the 49ers but had 4 turnovers.
  • Jason P said:

So? I don't recall Montana leading his team to 6 super bowls. Since when is losing a super bowl a career low?

You fuck tards have me defending brady.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Jason P said:

Jim Kelly couldn't carry Joe Montana's jock.
    Dumb
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,696

Jason P said:

So? I don't recall Montana leading his team to 6 super bowls. Since when is losing a super bowl a career low?

If Montana had stayed with the 49ers I think he would've made those SB Steve Young was involved in. Also Belichick.
    I miss igotid88

Jason P said:

Surveillance technology wasn't as advanced back in the eighties

• Jason P said:

Didn't say it was a career low, not even close. I think Brady is a top 5 all time QB, maybe even top 3. All I'm saying is, when comparing Brady to Montana, there's at least one thing Montana was better at, and that was not losing Super Bowls.
  • Jason P said:

Didn't say it was a career low, not even close. I think Brady is a top 5 all time QB, maybe even top 3. All I'm saying is, when comparing Brady to Montana, there's at least one thing Montana was better at, and that was not losing Super Bowls.
    That is a very weak argument.
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Really?
    igotid88 said:

Jason P said:

If Montana had stayed with the 49ers I think he would've made those SB Steve Young was involved in. Also Belichick.
    If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Why did he leave SF? They didn't want him?
    Brady IS serving a 4 game suspension for getting caught in the dumbest and most hilarious jelly-of-the-month CHEATING stunt (totally 80's ironically).

So yeah, REALLY!
    There is also a reason why Peyton Manning and his O.C. had to discuss tactics under a nearby highway underpass in between halves when playing in Foxboro
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,833
    edited September 2016

Jason P said:

He was talking about the first one, SB XVI.
    49ers needed a huge goalline stand to secure that win but that was absolutely a close game. (Score was 26-21 and Ben-Gals scored 14 in the final frame.)
    Thanks for clarifying for him that I was talking about the first 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl. He obviously didn't read my post too closely. I even went into a little detail about the second one specifically noting the John Taylor TD and mentioning the infamous (if you're a Bengals fan) dropped interception.

As for the first one, like you said, they scored 14 in the 4th to make the score respectable, but I don't think the game was as close as the score indicated. Super Bowl 13 is similar. The Steelers beat the Cowboys 35-31....but were up 35-17 with like five minutes to go before Dallas scorerd 14 in a frantic comeback attempt. Kinda garbage points.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Really?
    igotid88 said:

Jason P said:

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Why did he leave SF? They didn't want him?
    if my uncle had a vag. he'd be my aunt. he was getting older.
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason P said:

How? It's a damn fact! I think you're reading too far into things. I'm literally stating that Montana did not lose any Super Bowls but Brady has lost 2 to a team led by a far inferior QB. That's all. I'm not saying one is a better QB than the other based on that one thing alone.
  • Turn it around, Montana wasn't good enough to lead his team to 6 super bowls. He couldn't beat the Giants 2 different times.

Jason P said:

How? It's a damn fact! I think you're reading too far into things. I'm literally stating that Montana did not lose any Super Bowls but Brady has lost 2 to a team led by a far inferior QB. That's all. I'm not saying one is a better QB than the other based on that one thing alone.
    I wouldn't say far inferior
    I miss igotid88
  • So was joe Namath a better qb than Jim Kelly?
  • So was joe Namath a better qb than Jim Kelly?

Again, you're taking out of context. Was Namath better than Kelly? No. Was he better at not losing Super Bowls? Yes.
  • Tom who?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,369

Tom who?

Gronk who?

Such an impressive win.
    www.myspace.com
    Jim Caldwell out master-minded Chuck Pagano yesterday in the closing minutes of the Lions / Colts game ...
  • Jason P said:

Jim Caldwell out master-minded Chuck Pagano yesterday in the closing minutes of the Lions / Colts game ...

When this happens you should be banned from coaching in the NFL.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle