Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    No soup for Reggie Bush

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135

BRADY GETS ZERO GAMES! Now can we get on with the defending of the PATRIOTS championship.

PLEASE!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    aaaaaaand, the dumbest controversy in sports history has come to an end.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

Along with an incredible waste of time and money.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    g under p said:

BRADY GETS ZERO GAMES! Now can we get on with the defending of the PATRIOTS championship.

PLEASE!

Peace

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Dammit
  • Options
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

Think again, the NFL WILL appeal. It's a 40 page report that damns the NFL. I do agree it was the dumbest controversy in NFL HISTORY.

peace

• Options
    edited September 2015
    g under p said:
    I was going to say nothing but after reading that this has nothing to do with Tom Brady's involvement and more their ability to apply suspensions, this changes a ton of things. All suspensions outside of the CBA have to be called into question now.

Should Peterson, Rice and the likes sue the NFL now? I think I would
  • Options

g under p said:
    I was going to say nothing but after reading that this has nothing to do with Tom Brady's involvement and more their ability to apply suspensions, this changes a ton of things. All suspensions outside of the CBA have to be called into question now.

I think they might as well. Basically it seems that outside of the CBA- the NFL has zero power now to do anything. The right judge might even overturn things tin the CBA.
  • Options
    Brady is a cheater. He only got off because the NFL is incompetent.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Good. Fuck Goodell. Worst commissioner in the history of sports.
  • Options

g under p said:

Heck yes they should sue. The flood gates are open. If Greg Hardy acts fast, he could be playing on opening day instead of sitting out 4 games for "allegedly" beating the crap out of a woman, throwing her on a pile of guns, choking her, slamming her arm in a toilet and dragging her down some stairs ... allegedly
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

It's really hard to top Gary Bettman but I think Goodell just might be the guy.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

g under p said:

Heck yes they should sue. The flood gates are open. If Greg Hardy acts fast, he could be playing on opening day instead of sitting out 4 games for "allegedly" beating the crap out of a woman, throwing her on a pile of guns, choking her, slamming her arm in a toilet and dragging her down some stairs ... allegedly
    Yup, he may be an "alleged" scumbacg, but he could be playing opening day.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

Yep. I think Goodell has passed him by over the past couple years. Fucked up part is the owners will never get rid of him because they are all making a shit ton of money.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Patriot's equipment managers should sue the Patriots and the NFL for defamation of character as well.

This cost them their jobs and reputation. They won't work in the NFL again because the Pats hung them out to dry ... basically admitting they deflated the balls ... why else would they suspend them if no shenanigans occurred ... which is what the Pats have defended since day 1
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options

Yep. I think Goodell has passed him by over the past couple years. Fucked up part is the owners will never get rid of him because they are all making a shit ton of money.
    Bettman is still the worst, he is single handily trying to destroy the NHL.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

The new adidas deal is pretty shitty. Ads on jerseys starting next year. Like it's some second rate league or something.
  • Options

The new adidas deal is pretty shitty. Ads on jerseys starting next year. Like it's some second rate league or something.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

european soccer has ads on their jerseys and that's far from second rate. it's coming to all sports in America sooner than you think. I think Bettman has done some good things for the NHL and is not as bad as some think he is. Goddell is a trainwreck though.

Fuck Brady. bad enough he is a cheating scumbag now he is a whiny sniveling litigious cheating scumbag. Karma of the world says he gets hurt early this season.
  • Options
    Gregg Williams , Sean Payton, and the majority of the Saints defense should be talking with their lawyers as well.

Goddamn, this circus is only getting started.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Gregg Williams , Sean Payton, and the majority of the Saints defense should be talking with their lawyers as well.

Goddamn, this circus is only getting started.

Agreed. Floodgates should be open.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME....please say it ain't so.

Peace

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    how is Bettman "trying to destroy the NHL"?

Has anyone confirmed there will be any ads on NHL jerseys next year?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

european soccer has ads on their jerseys and that's far from second rate. it's coming to all sports in America sooner than you think. I think Bettman has done some good things for the NHL and is not as bad as some think he is. Goddell is a trainwreck though.

Fuck Brady. bad enough he is a cheating scumbag now he is a whiny sniveling litigious cheating scumbag. Karma of the world says he gets hurt early this season.
    You are quite an NFL fan. One thing to hate a team or player such as the Patriots and Brady but to wish injury on said player is completely and utterly pathetic.

Peace

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    oh well, he got his suspension vacated based on procedural technicalities and lawyering up.

He was basically caught red handed and the football-watching world outside of New England sees what really transpired. That's fine by me.

Hopefully the NFL doesn't keep everything appealing/going.
  • Options

Why ruin such beautiful jerseys such as the BRUINS or the #1 jersey the BLACKHAWKS is just wrong. I'd rather them allow betting on games this than this stupid greed move.

Peace

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    g under p said:

pjhawks said:

You are quite an NFL fan. One thing to hate a team or player such as the Patriots and Brady but to wish injury on said player is completely and utterly pathetic.

Peace

where did i say i wish Brady got hurt? all i said is that karma says he will get hurt. just making a prediction is all.