Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    And would anyone really feel bad if he did get hurt?

Oh, sorry you tore your ACL, now you just have to go home and bang one of the hottest broads on the planet on top of a pile of cash.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Now that is funny
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    MayDay10 said:

how is Bettman "trying to destroy the NHL"?

Has anyone confirmed there will be any ads on NHL jerseys next year?

not a fan of NHL expansion. league is already watered down but the owners want it and the money that comes along with it. Bettman helped get the economics of the game better in line through with the last lockout, improved the on ice game greatly with rule changes (remember a lot of hockey was unwatchable before the rule changes), tv deal is better than previous and just signed a huge deal for online content to be run by MLB.Com. I think Bettman sometimes gets a bad rap because he looks and sounds like a dork.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    MayDay10 said:
    Yep, here it goes.

This could be the end of Goodell. With how much money the owners make, I didn't see a chance in hell of him losing his job, but if everything he has done goes down the drain, gotta figure there might be a chance.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    g under p said:

Good. Fuck Goodell. Worst commissioner in the history of sports.

It's really hard to top Gary Bettman but I think Goodell just might be the guy.
    Yep. I think Goodell has passed him by over the past couple years. Fucked up part is the owners will never get rid of him because they are all making a shit ton of money.
    Bettman is still the worst, he is single handily trying to destroy the NHL.
    The new adidas deal is pretty shitty. Ads on jerseys starting next year. Like it's some second rate league or something.
    Why ruin such beautiful jerseys such as the BRUINS or the #1 jersey the BLACKHAWKS is just wrong. I'd rather them allow betting on games this than this stupid greed move.

Peace

Oh man...I'll fucking puke if I see an ad on a Hawks jersey. There are so many awesome NHL jerseys....would be a fucking joke if they did this. If this happens, then Bettman will overtake Goodell as the worst commissioner.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    edited September 2015
    pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Yep. I think Goodell has passed him by over the past couple years. Fucked up part is the owners will never get rid of him because they are all making a shit ton of money.
    The new adidas deal is pretty shitty. Ads on jerseys starting next year. Like it's some second rate league or something.
    european soccer has ads on their jerseys and that's far from second rate. it's coming to all sports in America sooner than you think. I think Bettman has done some good things for the NHL and is not as bad as some think he is. Goddell is a trainwreck though.

Fuck Brady. bad enough he is a cheating scumbag now he is a whiny sniveling litigious cheating scumbag. Karma of the world says he gets hurt early this season.
    You are quite an NFL fan. One thing to hate a team or player such as the Patriots and Brady but to wish injury on said player is completely and utterly pathetic.

Peace

where did i say i wish Brady got hurt? all i said is that karma says he will get hurt. just making a prediction is all.
    Well, hypothetically speaking it appears you generally, potentially wished Brady injury early in the season. (That right there sounds like something from the report huh). Even though he's out and ahead by winning the SB ALREADY. Do I think he Brady knew or had a Hand in this hideous matter hell yes he knew about he liked his balls deflated. That said here's the report the judge handed down....

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experiments/usatoday/Sports/2015-09-03-nfl-brady-decision.pdf

R M Berman says it all loud and clear in this 40 page report. This the judge the NFL wanted and chose him instead of one more favorable to Brady in Minnesota.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    MayDay10 said:

oh well, he got his suspension vacated based on procedural technicalities and lawyering up.

He was basically caught red handed and the football-watching world outside of New England sees what really transpired. That's fine by me.

Hopefully the NFL doesn't keep everything appealing/going.

Procedural technicality like no actual proof???? Saying someone is "generally aware" makes them guilty??? I'm no Brady defender and I think it's clear that something shady was going on, but you can't just suspend a guy with no hard evidence. Goodell thinks he's the judge and jury....I love the fact that a real judge essentially told him to get fucked.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    Jason P said:

The Patriot's equipment managers should sue the Patriots and the NFL for defamation of character as well.

This cost them their jobs and reputation. They won't work in the NFL again because the Pats hung them out to dry ... basically admitting they deflated the balls ... why else would they suspend them if no shenanigans occurred ... which is what the Pats have defended since day 1

Does it help your case to not get the facts right?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/19/report-nfl-told-patriots-to-suspend-mcnally-jastremski/

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    pjhawks said:

MayDay10 said:

not a fan of NHL expansion. league is already watered down but the owners want it and the money that comes along with it. Bettman helped get the economics of the game better in line through with the last lockout, improved the on ice game greatly with rule changes (remember a lot of hockey was unwatchable before the rule changes), tv deal is better than previous and just signed a huge deal for online content to be run by MLB.Com. I think Bettman sometimes gets a bad rap because he looks and sounds like a dork.
    I agree. I always find myself defending Bettman. I do think the southern expansion was a bit too aggressive, but it has been great for television deals and also points earned back for Atlanta moving to Winnipeg. Florida and Arizona are kind of twisting there, so things still need to shake out. Participation and general 'hockey on the radar' is through the roof since Bettman took over in '93.

I dont buy into the 'watered down' theory. Players overall are faster, bigger, stronger, and more skilled than ever. The player pool and development in youth and juniors is way larger than when there were 21-24 teams. The issue IMO is coaching has been perfected and players are exceedingly large and efficient. The playing surface has not grown to match the size of the players. You also have goalies who are much larger... and have larger equipment. Just watch a game from the 70s, everyone has so much room and the goalies are tiny. game was much more exciting.

And nobody has said there will be ads. In fact, Bettman has recently said no to ads.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/bettman-would-be-kicking-and-screaming-before-nhl-jerseys-have-ads/
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

european soccer has ads on their jerseys and that's far from second rate. it's coming to all sports in America sooner than you think. I think Bettman has done some good things for the NHL and is not as bad as some think he is. Goddell is a trainwreck though.

Fuck Brady. bad enough he is a cheating scumbag now he is a whiny sniveling litigious cheating scumbag. Karma of the world says he gets hurt early this season.
    You are quite an NFL fan. One thing to hate a team or player such as the Patriots and Brady but to wish injury on said player is completely and utterly pathetic.

Peace

where did i say i wish Brady got hurt? all i said is that karma says he will get hurt. just making a prediction is all.
    Well, hypothetically speaking it appears you generally, potentially wished Brady injury early in the season. (That right there sounds like something from the report huh). Even though he's out and ahead by winning the SB ALREADY. Do I think he Brady knew or had a Hand in this hideous matter hell yes he knew about he liked his balls deflated. That said here's the report the judge handed down....

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experiments/usatoday/Sports/2015-09-03-nfl-brady-decision.pdf

R M Berman says it all loud and clear in this 40 page report. This the judge the NFL wanted and chose him instead of one more favorable to Brady in Minnesota.

Peace
    him and Belicheck are like Barry Bonds to me. yea they were great but they will always be tainted because they were clearly cheaters. it's a shame to because Brady and Bonds are in the same category in that they probably didn't need to cheat to be great but their egos and arrogance led them there. i'd rather sleep well at night knowing i did things the right way in my profession than to be a cheater like Brady and Bonds. so....yea fuck Tom Brady.

EDIT: you know why i really hate people like Barry Bonds and Tom Brady? Because they were born with a gift. A gift to be able to play at a level that very few are ever graced with the body, athleticism and skill to achieve. a gift that almost every kid who ever played a sport as a kid dreamed could happen to them. and what do fuckers like Brady and Bonds do with that gift? they fucking cheat with those gifts. for what? more money, more fame, a few more wins? it's sad and pathetic. so yea Brady might have won Super Bowls but he is a loser and a cheater and I wouldn't want my kid to grow up like that.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Peace

Peace
    him and Belicheck are like Barry Bonds to me. yea they were great but they will always be tainted because they were clearly cheaters. it's a shame to because Brady and Bonds are in the same category in that they probably didn't need to cheat to be great but their egos and arrogance led them there. i'd rather sleep well at night knowing i did things the right way in my profession than to be a cheater like Brady and Bonds. so....yea fuck Tom Brady.
    Yeah well in your book it's so but for Brady it won't go down like Bonds. Brady just seems to slip and slide his way through and still win championships. That said on with the season, I do see in another hypothecal situation I can see Brady making a $1 bet with Kraft like Lewis and Randolph in Trading Places. Then winning at that too....

http://youtu.be/wjkdynBFHuQ

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Bonds had been "vindicated" by the courts too lol
  • Options
    g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Peace

Peace
    Yeah well in your book it's so but for Brady it won't go down like Bonds. Brady just seems to slip and slide his way through and still win championships. That said on with the season, I do see in another hypothecal situation I can see Brady making a $1 bet with Kraft like Lewis and Randolph in Trading Places. Then winning at that too....

Peace
    nice Trading Places reference...expect you forgot what happens to those two at the end of the movie. One has a heart attack and they both lose everything. karma will get Kraft, Bellichek and Brady eventually just like Trading Places.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Peace

Peace

Peace
    nice Trading Places reference...expect you forgot what happens to those two at the end of the movie. One has a heart attack and they both lose everything. karma will get Kraft, Bellichek and Brady eventually just like Trading Places.
    Not really, Brady will be gone in a few years having won a few championships....Kraft will die peacefully down on Palm Beach Island and Bellichek well I don't or can't think OFwhat will happen to him. I do know this season will be a seriously interesting one, not only for the Patriots but a team such as the Eagles....please just beat that team THAT calls themselves from DC but play in MD.

Peace

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Glad they ruled on this and we are only a week from it not dominating the headlines any longer. Would be very tough for me to care less about this than I do at this point. If this is important, test the balls moving forward.
    I kind of laugh at the commish getting his dick caught in his zipper again.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    MayDay10 said:

The president of Adidas.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    edited September 2015
    pjhawks said:

MayDay10 said:

He has definitely done some good things. I think most people don't like him because EVERY time the CBA expires, there's a lockout, the season is canceled, a labor dispute in some form or another.

Anyway, back to foosball.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Peace

Peace

EDIT: you know why i really hate people like Barry Bonds and Tom Brady? Because they were born with a gift. A gift to be able to play at a level that very few are ever graced with the body, athleticism and skill to achieve. a gift that almost every kid who ever played a sport as a kid dreamed could happen to them. and what do fuckers like Brady and Bonds do with that gift? they fucking cheat with those gifts. for what? more money, more fame, a few more wins? it's sad and pathetic. so yea Brady might have won Super Bowls but he is a loser and a cheater and I wouldn't want my kid to grow up like that.

You really are living in fantasy land if you don't think all of the QB's screw with the ball before the game. If Brady is as you quote clearly a cheater than ever single QB in the league is. Wasn't it strange how hardly any current QB's came out and blasted Brady about this. I wonder why.

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    edited September 2015
    some music for the haters ball

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xT9pygVQwgk
    Post edited by ed243421 on
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    ed243421 said:

Jason P said:

The Patriot's equipment managers should sue the Patriots and the NFL for defamation of character as well.

This cost them their jobs and reputation. They won't work in the NFL again because the Pats hung them out to dry ... basically admitting they deflated the balls ... why else would they suspend them if no shenanigans occurred ... which is what the Pats have defended since day 1

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/19/report-nfl-told-patriots-to-suspend-mcnally-jastremski/

You beat me to it....League told Pats to suspend Dumb and Dumbererererer and they can't be reinstated without league approval per Goodell's original decree.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Peace

Peace

Chunky Soup being unable to rise to the occasion in Super Bowl XXXIX has left you a bitter man for a decade plus.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

ed243421 said:

Jason P said:

You beat me to it....League told Pats to suspend Dumb and Dumbererererer and they can't be reinstated without league approval per Goodell's original decree.
    Now THAT is something I did not know. Man this whole thing is one big mess. Now they're reporting Goodell is going to appeal this decision so this hideous mess will continue.

Peace

• Options

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Peace

Peace

You really are living in fantasy land if you don't think all of the QB's screw with the ball before the game. If Brady is as you quote clearly a cheater than ever single QB in the league is. Wasn't it strange how hardly any current QB's came out and blasted Brady about this. I wonder why.

blah blah blah - same 'everyone does it' defense Pats fans used for Spygate. you are living in a fantasy world if you don't think the Patriots have clearly shown a pattern of cheating over the past decade or so.

oh and Brady is a cheat in life too. cheated on his gf (wasn't she pregnant too?) with Gisele. so yea in life Brady is clearly a cheater. thanks for playing.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    HA! Goodell won't be attending the NFL kickoff game in New England. I wonder why?

They should make him do the walk of shame from Flea Bottom to Foxboro like Cersei Lannister in the last Game of Thrones episode.