Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    My football team abandoned me long ago. Just go back to fucking LA already. We're a baseball town.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    The one thing that bugged me during the deflate gate. Was when people were saying "Well he threw an interception. So it obviously doesn't help." Yea because baseball players who took steroids never made an out. It's not about one play or even 1 game. It's about the whole season and then whole career.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    and Brady aka golden boy is talking nonsensical just like every other cheater.

let's just move forward, yada yada yada.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469

I will bet the first taker $100 that the patriots don't win the super bowl this season.

Nobody would take that bet but at 7-1 it's not "highly unlikely" that they win it again this year. That's all I meant. There's only a couple teams with better odds.

Conversely, it is highly unlikely that your Bills will win it. Hey oh!
    I don't care what their preseason odds are, I will always take 31 teams against your 1. Except when tiger was in his prime. I usually took him in the tiger vs the field bets.
    Well...yeah. That's not my point though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

The one thing that bugged me during the deflate gate. Was when people were saying "Well he threw an interception. So it obviously doesn't help." Yea because baseball players who took steroids never made an out. It's not about one play or even 1 game. It's about the whole season and then whole career.

Big difference between this and steroids. Steroids are illegal. This is an extremely minor rule that the league did not even think to enforce for decades and decades until this dumb media fuled controversy. They let the teams control their own balls--if that doesn't tell you that they could give two shits about whether or not a ball is over inflated or deflated, nothing will. Other teams caught with a similar minor infraction paid their very small fine and went forward- in this case Goodel felt like he had to make an example of Brady and the team because rabid fans and media wanted blood and it blew up in all their faces, rightfully so.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

igotid88 said:

Big difference between this and steroids. Steroids are illegal. This is an extremely minor rule that the league did not even think to enforce for decades and decades until this dumb media fuled controversy. They let the teams control their own balls--if that doesn't tell you that they could give two shits about whether or not a ball is over inflated or deflated, nothing will. Other teams caught with a similar minor infraction paid their very small fine and went forward- in this case Goodel felt like he had to make an example of Brady and the team because rabid fans and media wanted blood and it blew up in all their faces, rightfully so.
    Not talking about whether it was illegal or not. Just about the part where it's easier to control the ball.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Aren't sticky gloves prohibited by the league as well? Doesn't every WR on every team still wear them?
  • Options

Aren't sticky gloves prohibited by the league as well? Doesn't every WR on every team still wear them?

stickum was
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

stickum was
    And Jerry Rice admitted to using stickum after it was banned. He joked about it...no outrage from anyone. To me, that kind of stuff is minor and most players do to try and gain an edge. Same with an over inflated or deflated football. It's just not a big deal to me in the grand scheme of things.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

igotid88 said:

you just don't get it do you? the suspension was for lack of cooperation (destroying cell phone day before) along with a history of the Patriots doing shady things. and a general smugness and arrogance that Brady and the Patriots continue to do. it was more than just a deflated football or two. if the Pats and/or Brady came out the day the story came out and said yea the balls were deflated it would have been over. Goddell didn't take this into the courts extending the story, Brady did.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Then why did the NFL liken it to steroids?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Not talking about whether it was illegal or not. Just about the part where it's easier to control the ball.
    Once again, Colts balls were found under inflated, too. The refs held the damn things in between every play. The Colts were blown out. It didn't make a damn bit of difference. Brady is a 4-time Super Bowl Champion. Michigan has sucked snce he was drafted.
    pjhawks said:

igotid88 said:

you just don't get it do you? the suspension was for lack of cooperation (destroying cell phone day before) along with a history of the Patriots doing shady things. and a general smugness and arrogance that Brady and the Patriots continue to do. it was more than just a deflated football or two. if the Pats and/or Brady came out the day the story came out and said yea the balls were deflated it would have been over. Goddell didn't take this into the courts extending the story, Brady did.
    A 4-game suspension for lack of cooperation? Come on! Quit hiding behind that veil. I'll again compare that to Ray Rice's initial suspension of 2 games for KO'ing his fiancee with video evidence. Brady gets twice that for "lack of cooperation." It was a witch hunt from the get-go.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

igotid88 said:

stickum was
    And Jerry Rice admitted to using stickum after it was banned. He joked about it...no outrage from anyone. To me, that kind of stuff is minor and most players do to try and gain an edge. Same with an over inflated or deflated football. It's just not a big deal to me in the grand scheme of things.
    I think it was minimized because the gloves these guys wear today are ridiculous. Beckham isn't making that 3 fingered catch with these gloves.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,133
    JK_Livin said:
    It appears Goodell used deflategate as a make up call for the bungling of spy gate. Did somebody say witch hunt......Quick to judge,
    Quick to anger,
    Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice
    And fear
    Walk hand in hand

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Once again, Colts balls were found under inflated, too. The refs held the damn things in between every play. The Colts were blown out. It didn't make a damn bit of difference. Brady is a 4-time Super Bowl Champion. Michigan has sucked snce he was drafted.
    pjhawks said:

igotid88 said:

A 4-game suspension for lack of cooperation? Come on! Quit hiding behind that veil. I'll again compare that to Ray Rice's initial suspension of 2 games for KO'ing his fiancee with video evidence. Brady gets twice that for "lack of cooperation." It was a witch hunt from the get-go.
    "lack of cooperation"

haha....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

pjhawks said:

igotid88 said:

Once again I was talking about how under inflated balls help throughout a season or career. Not just one game. Whether one or both teams did it.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    JK_Livin said:
    Pretty damning stuff on both the Patriots and Goodell. ESPN are "haters"?
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Long read that article was but worth it.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

Long read that article was but worth it.

Yep. Pats are beyond shady and Goodell is a complete fucking clown.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    The NFL is a mess. 2nd season in a row not watching a single game. You'd think not having cable TV this year would make that easier? Nope. It's the entire state of the NFL that does that all by itself.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Verizon is going to stop charging me $5 a month for nfl premium. It's about time.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    ed243421 said:
    love these Pats fans who overlook the parts of the story where people who worked for the organization admitted taping the other teams signals and mentioned having employees go into the locker rooms before games to steal play charts. these are people who worked for the Pats and not teams with sour grapes.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    pjhawks said:

ed243421 said:
    love these Pats fans who overlook the parts of the story where people who worked for the organization admitted taping the other teams signals and mentioned having employees go into the locker rooms before games to steal play charts. these are people who worked for the Pats and not teams with sour grapes.
    And that was dealt with. They were punished. Deflation balls didn't have anything to do with that. Just because Goodell wanted to wipe egg off of his face, doesn't mean brady deserved 4 games and the team lose draft picks
  • Options
    Also the judge overturning the suspension does not absolve Brady
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Also the judge overturning the suspension does not absolve Brady

You can't absolve someone who was never convicted of a crime/offense.