Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,133
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Good. Fuck Goodell. Worst commissioner in the history of sports.

It's really hard to top Gary Bettman but I think Goodell just might be the guy.
    Yep. I think Goodell has passed him by over the past couple years. Fucked up part is the owners will never get rid of him because they are all making a shit ton of money.
    Bettman is still the worst, he is single handily trying to destroy the NHL.
    The new adidas deal is pretty shitty. Ads on jerseys starting next year. Like it's some second rate league or something.
    european soccer has ads on their jerseys and that's far from second rate. it's coming to all sports in America sooner than you think. I think Bettman has done some good things for the NHL and is not as bad as some think he is. Goddell is a trainwreck though.

Fuck Brady. bad enough he is a cheating scumbag now he is a whiny sniveling litigious cheating scumbag. Karma of the world says he gets hurt early this season.
    You are quite an NFL fan. One thing to hate a team or player such as the Patriots and Brady but to wish injury on said player is completely and utterly pathetic.

Peace

where did i say i wish Brady got hurt? all i said is that karma says he will get hurt. just making a prediction is all.
    Well, hypothetically speaking it appears you generally, potentially wished Brady injury early in the season. (That right there sounds like something from the report huh). Even though he's out and ahead by winning the SB ALREADY. Do I think he Brady knew or had a Hand in this hideous matter hell yes he knew about he liked his balls deflated. That said here's the report the judge handed down....

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experiments/usatoday/Sports/2015-09-03-nfl-brady-decision.pdf

R M Berman says it all loud and clear in this 40 page report. This the judge the NFL wanted and chose him instead of one more favorable to Brady in Minnesota.

Peace
    him and Belicheck are like Barry Bonds to me. yea they were great but they will always be tainted because they were clearly cheaters. it's a shame to because Brady and Bonds are in the same category in that they probably didn't need to cheat to be great but their egos and arrogance led them there. i'd rather sleep well at night knowing i did things the right way in my profession than to be a cheater like Brady and Bonds. so....yea fuck Tom Brady.

EDIT: you know why i really hate people like Barry Bonds and Tom Brady? Because they were born with a gift. A gift to be able to play at a level that very few are ever graced with the body, athleticism and skill to achieve. a gift that almost every kid who ever played a sport as a kid dreamed could happen to them. and what do fuckers like Brady and Bonds do with that gift? they fucking cheat with those gifts. for what? more money, more fame, a few more wins? it's sad and pathetic. so yea Brady might have won Super Bowls but he is a loser and a cheater and I wouldn't want my kid to grow up like that.

You really are living in fantasy land if you don't think all of the QB's screw with the ball before the game. If Brady is as you quote clearly a cheater than ever single QB in the league is. Wasn't it strange how hardly any current QB's came out and blasted Brady about this. I wonder why.

blah blah blah - same 'everyone does it' defense Pats fans used for Spygate. you are living in a fantasy world if you don't think the Patriots have clearly shown a pattern of cheating over the past decade or so.

oh and Brady is a cheat in life too. cheated on his gf (wasn't she pregnant too?) with Gisele. so yea in life Brady is clearly a cheater. thanks for playing.
    Looks like he slipped and slid his way through that one too. He married that rich chick Gisele, it seems he's got Teflon all around him. Just except he can't seem to be painted properly, too damn handsome I gather. Lol

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    edited September 2015
    Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

Good. Fuck Goodell. Worst commissioner in the history of sports.

It's really hard to top Gary Bettman but I think Goodell just might be the guy.
    Yep. I think Goodell has passed him by over the past couple years. Fucked up part is the owners will never get rid of him because they are all making a shit ton of money.
    Bettman is still the worst, he is single handily trying to destroy the NHL.
    The new adidas deal is pretty shitty. Ads on jerseys starting next year. Like it's some second rate league or something.
    european soccer has ads on their jerseys and that's far from second rate. it's coming to all sports in America sooner than you think. I think Bettman has done some good things for the NHL and is not as bad as some think he is. Goddell is a trainwreck though.

Fuck Brady. bad enough he is a cheating scumbag now he is a whiny sniveling litigious cheating scumbag. Karma of the world says he gets hurt early this season.
    You are quite an NFL fan. One thing to hate a team or player such as the Patriots and Brady but to wish injury on said player is completely and utterly pathetic.

Peace

where did i say i wish Brady got hurt? all i said is that karma says he will get hurt. just making a prediction is all.
    Well, hypothetically speaking it appears you generally, potentially wished Brady injury early in the season. (That right there sounds like something from the report huh). Even though he's out and ahead by winning the SB ALREADY. Do I think he Brady knew or had a Hand in this hideous matter hell yes he knew about he liked his balls deflated. That said here's the report the judge handed down....

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experiments/usatoday/Sports/2015-09-03-nfl-brady-decision.pdf

R M Berman says it all loud and clear in this 40 page report. This the judge the NFL wanted and chose him instead of one more favorable to Brady in Minnesota.

Peace
    him and Belicheck are like Barry Bonds to me. yea they were great but they will always be tainted because they were clearly cheaters. it's a shame to because Brady and Bonds are in the same category in that they probably didn't need to cheat to be great but their egos and arrogance led them there. i'd rather sleep well at night knowing i did things the right way in my profession than to be a cheater like Brady and Bonds. so....yea fuck Tom Brady.

EDIT: you know why i really hate people like Barry Bonds and Tom Brady? Because they were born with a gift. A gift to be able to play at a level that very few are ever graced with the body, athleticism and skill to achieve. a gift that almost every kid who ever played a sport as a kid dreamed could happen to them. and what do fuckers like Brady and Bonds do with that gift? they fucking cheat with those gifts. for what? more money, more fame, a few more wins? it's sad and pathetic. so yea Brady might have won Super Bowls but he is a loser and a cheater and I wouldn't want my kid to grow up like that.
    Chunky Soup being unable to rise to the occasion in Super Bowl XXXIX has left you a bitter man for a decade plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBPRVUG0kiQ
    Post edited by ed243421 on
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    Man, all that for somewhat deflated footballs for half the game?>LOL>It should've been settled BEFORE the Super Bowl. Team fine, like what they did with teams in the past. Goodell just wanted to go after the Golden boy to make himself look good. How'd that work out Roger? Should be EMBARRASSED!
  • Options
    I look forward to watching the Patriots winning the Super Bowl. Again.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Highly unlikely.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    cutz said:

Man, all that for somewhat deflated footballs for half the game?>LOL>It should've been settled BEFORE the Super Bowl. Team fine, like what they did with teams in the past. Goodell just wanted to go after the Golden boy to make himself look good. How'd that work out Roger? Should be EMBARRASSED!

Yup.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Highly unlikely.
    It was highly unlikely in 2015 but.....

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Highly unlikely.

Peace

i believe they have 7-1 odds...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    edited September 2015
    delete
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    Lots of hysterics in this thread. Not surprising. I totally expect the, "well, he got off on a technicality, everybody knows he still cheated" line of thinking. But if you were following along and reading the transcripts/orders, this was not a surprise ruling yesterday.

And if the cheating was so plain and simple to see, why did the NFL present such a poor case? Why did Goodell lie in his order after the first hearing? Why did they not allow Pash to testify in the hearing? Why did they refuse to hand over notes from the Wells report? Because they knew they had a shit case and there was no chance that it would hold up. Brady should've been fined $25K the week before the Super Bowl. But no, the almighty Roger had to drop the hammer and he expected Brady to fall at his feet. He had to listen to other owners (allegedly) that can't seem to figure out why the Pats have been good for so long and wanted to see the Patriots punished. He's an embarrassment to the league.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    edited September 2015
    There are four types of people when it comes to observing this whole ordeal the past 7 months:
    1 - Patriots fans
    2 - People who hate Tom Brady (cuz he wins)
    3 - People who can look at it objectively & realize what a COMPLETELY FUCKING STUPID scandal this was from the get go
    4 - People who just wanted to watch baseball in peace this summer
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The NFL picks the winner of the Super Bowl - this is all rigged. Too much $$$ on the line to not be.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    This is stupid. Brady may still serve the supsension at some point. All the lawyers on ESPN and NFL network are chiming in that the CBA clearly allowed Goodell to do this and that judges most of the time will not overturn something that was collectively bargained. Based on how long the appeals for the star caps case took Brady may be retired before this is over. But sadly this is far from over. How did the players ever allow this dumbass to have this much power? I fucking hate the NFL sometimes. The season is about to start. How about they just let us enjoy it.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I guess Bernard Pollard is a free agent. The Colts could use some added depth at the safety position. Hmmm ...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

The NFL picks the winner of the Super Bowl - this is all rigged. Too much $$$ on the line to not be.

LOL.
  • Options

g under p said:

Highly unlikely.

Peace

i believe they have 7-1 odds...
    It certainly was highly unlikely for me even though as you already know I root for that team.

Peace

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375

All 4 of them
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I will bet the first taker $100 that the patriots don't win the super bowl this season.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

I will bet the first taker $100 that the patriots don't win the super bowl this season.

That would be a pretty phenomenal bet for you
  • Options
    Poncier said:

All 4 of them
    Please. Baseball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> football, especially the NFL.
  • Options

Poncier said:

All 4 of them
    Please. Baseball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> football, especially the NFL.
    Word
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    http://deadspin.com/tom-bradys-angry-dad-calls-radio-show-calls-roger-good-1728882072

Brady is by far the biggest turd in the NFL. His dad has to call into some jerkoffs radio show to carry his sons water? So embarrassing
  • Options

Already after 2 days later one owner from the Atlanta Falcons Bland I think that's his name is desinting from Goodell. I'm pretty sure they'll be more.

http://ftw.usatoday.como/2015/09/falcons-owner-arthur-blank-politely-torches-roger-goodells-handling-of-deflategate

• Options
    edited September 2015
    So, twice in 3 days the bar I go to has rented out the back bar room for private fantasy football drafts. I really can't believe people are that fucking dorky that you'll sit in a damn room like the actual NFL draft and pick people for fantasy teams. Do these guys actually think they're execs running real teams or something.

Fantasy football has completely ruined the NFL for me. You can't watch a game in peace w/o some idiot rambling on about his fucking fantasy team.

You can't even discuss amazing plays without some idiot to going into a damn diatribe about how it affected their god forsaken fantasy match up. "Did you see that freakin' catch by Julio Jones?" Dude I was up 2 pts and the guy I was going against had Matt Ryan and that catch kept the drive going and I lost my fantasy bc he ended up throwing a touchdown. If he doesn't make that catch, the Falcons punt and I win. I DONT GIVE A FLYING FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKKKK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM THAT WAS AN AWESOME CATCH!
  • Options

So, twice in 3 days the bar I go to has rented out the back bar room for private fantasy football drafts. I really can't believe people are that fucking dorky that you'll sit in a damn room like the actual NFL draft and pick people for fantasy teams. Do these guys actually think they're execs running real teams or something.

Fantasy football has completely ruined the NFL for me. You can't watch a game in peace w/o some idiot rambling on about his fucking fantasy team.

You can't even discuss amazing plays without some idiot to going into a damn diatribe about how it affected their god forsaken fantasy match up. "Did you see that freakin' catch by Julio Jones?" Dude I was up 2 pts and the guy I was going against had Matt Ryan and that catch kept the drive going and I lost my fantasy bc he ended up throwing a touchdown. If he doesn't make that catch, the Falcons punt and I win. I DONT GIVE A FLYING FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKKKK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM THAT WAS AN AWESOME CATCH!

I hear ya. I have no interest in it whatsoever. I do know when I listen to the radio which I do more than watching tv. They advertise for FF more than any other kind of advertising. Hell I don't even know how the hell the damn thing works?...

Peace

• Options
    edited September 2015

Well, if you think fantasy football has ruined the NFL, you must not have liked football all that much to begin with. Most of the adult males in this country do some sort of fantasy football. You are definitely in the minority.

But I do understand your complaint. I have any where from 8-13 teams in any given year and get annoyed when people talk about their teams.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options

Nobody would take that bet but at 7-1 it's not "highly unlikely" that they win it again this year. That's all I meant. There's only a couple teams with better odds.

Conversely, it is highly unlikely that your Bills will win it. Hey oh!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Nobody would take that bet but at 7-1 it's not "highly unlikely" that they win it again this year. That's all I meant. There's only a couple teams with better odds.

Conversely, it is highly unlikely that your Bills will win it. Hey oh!
    I don't care what their preseason odds are, I will always take 31 teams against your 1. Except when tiger was in his prime. I usually took him in the tiger vs the field bets.