Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    I think it's awesome. Fuck Brady

The best thing to come out of this was the fact that people who know Brady think he is just as much of a bitch as the rest of the world does.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Jason P said:
    I watched that game as a youth and at the time it was not illegal to do what that parole did. No fines or penalties were given out. The same thing could have happened in Green Bay or Cleveland if they were alert and smart enough to do so.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,287

JK_Livin said:

They were caught video taping opponents walk throughs the day before a game. Fined and a videotape was destroyed by the league. Google it for more info.

I'm pretty sure spygate was the patriots illegally recording the new York jets during the regular season. Which super bowls are you referring to? If you're going to accuse a team of cheating during super bowl(s), you should be more specific.
    It was the Rams super bowl. Faulk has brought up that the Rams saw someone video taping them during the final walk through. The installed a new run play just for that game for the red zone and barely practiced it as to keep it a secret. They went through it at the final walk through. When they broke it out in game the Pats acted like they knew it was coming. Not proof but with spy gate made sense they video taped it.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/
    The writer who broke the Rams walk through video taping story later admitted he was given bad info from unreliable sources and the taping never happened.
    It was all made up by these sources so a story could break on the eve of the Super Bowl to provide a distraction.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/And-finally-the-long-awaited-John-Tomase-apolog?urn=nfl,82786

Faulk just likes to perpetuate a false story to make himself feel better.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    Poncier said:

JK_Livin said:

They were caught video taping opponents walk throughs the day before a game. Fined and a videotape was destroyed by the league. Google it for more info.

I'm pretty sure spygate was the patriots illegally recording the new York jets during the regular season. Which super bowls are you referring to? If you're going to accuse a team of cheating during super bowl(s), you should be more specific.
    It was the Rams super bowl. Faulk has brought up that the Rams saw someone video taping them during the final walk through. The installed a new run play just for that game for the red zone and barely practiced it as to keep it a secret. They went through it at the final walk through. When they broke it out in game the Pats acted like they knew it was coming. Not proof but with spy gate made sense they video taped it.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/
    The writer who broke the Rams walk through video taping story later admitted he was given bad info from unreliable sources and the taping never happened.
    It was all made up by these sources so a story could break on the eve of the Super Bowl to provide a distraction.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/And-finally-the-long-awaited-John-Tomase-apolog?urn=nfl,82786

Faulk just likes to perpetuate a false story to make himself feel better.

c'mon ponce

brady haters don't like facts

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The 49ers self destruction this off season has been fascinating.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372

The best thing to come out of this was the fact that people who know Brady think he is just as much of a bitch as the rest of the world does.

Would not surprise me one bit to see them in AFC championship game yet again
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,489

As long as Belichick isn't suspended
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625

Yeah...point being?
  • Options
    norm said:
    And Ryan Fitzpatrick yet again finds a way to be a starting QB. Might be a blessing for the Jets.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    Whenever I'm down about the Bears, I just say to myself, "at least I'm not a Jets fan".
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    San Diego offered the Chargers $350M of taxpayer money and the Chargers told them to fuck off because there are dumber politicians in other cities that will give us more.

I can't believe this model still works. I figured with cities fleeing from hosting the Olympics that we had turned that page.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Has anyone seen the schedule for December yet? December is packed with games around Xmas this year!

There's a game on Saturday, December 19(my birthday), which is unusual, last TNF on Xmas Eve, Boxing Day game(Eagles vs Redskins!), the 27th is a Sunday, so games all day including the last SNF game of the season, followed the next night by the last MNF game of the season.

All that's missing is a game(s) on Xmas Day.

Not gonna say I can't wait because I can, but holy shitballs that's exciting!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    edited August 2015
    Jason P said:

San Diego offered the Chargers $350M of taxpayer money and the Chargers told them to fuck off because there are dumber politicians in other cities that will give us more.

I can't believe this model still works. I figured with cities fleeing from hosting the Olympics that we had turned that page.

Unbelievable. Crazy that cities are still willing to fork over hundreds of millions for stadiums....especially for NFL teams who make a shitload of money.
  • Options

Yeah...point being?
    Buffalo sucks
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Easy....
    Buffalo should beat NE at least once this year.
  • Options
    As do the jets

And the dolphins

It's been that way for 15 years and people outside of New England must be sick of it

So they latch on to anything to bring em down

Like a sting-gone-wrong regarding air pressure in footballs
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    I've been the only buffalo bills fan in the world that has been defending Brady during this ridiculous issue.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

norm said:
    And Ryan Fitzpatrick yet again finds a way to be a starting QB. Might be a blessing for the Jets.
    The Jets Are a joke, this punch incident is worse than the butt fumble. This broken jaw with Smith apparently over $600 loan is beyond laughable.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    ed243421 said:

As do the jets

And the dolphins

It's been that way for 15 years and people outside of New England must be sick of it

Well the bills were owned by a man approaching 100 who basically put the team on moth balls waiting to kick the bucket and hook his family up. They were going to be a bad team as long as he was the owner.

With the new owner at least the bills are going to try and compete.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    g under p said:

Jason P said:

norm said:
    The Jets Are a joke, this punch incident is worse than the butt fumble. This broken jaw with Smith apparently over $600 loan is beyond laughable.

Peace
    Yeah, that 600 bucks cost him almost 2 million. Another instance of when keeping it real goes wrong.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Guys Gino is a little dick.When I coached on a High School staff we were in the Heath Evans 7on 7 tournement one spring and Gino's team Miramar was in it.About 3/4 the way thru the day they were walking by on the way to next game.I saw Eugene and said"How did you guys do" asking him about the game they just finished his answer to an adult coach from another team was "How the fuck you think we did".
    That sums up the class of this kid.But no worries we Picked him in the end zone in the championship game then came back and scored next series.So he left like the little loser he is.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372
    edited August 2015
    ed243421 said:

As do the jets

And the dolphins

So they latch on to anything to bring em down

Like a sting-gone-wrong regarding air pressure in footballs

hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Guys Gino is a little dick.When I coached on a High School staff we were in the Heath Evans 7on 7 tournement one spring and Gino's team Miramar was in it.About 3/4 the way thru the day they were walking by on the way to next game.I saw Eugene and said"How did you guys do" asking him about the game they just finished his answer to an adult coach from another team was "How the fuck you think we did".
    That sums up the class of this kid.But no worries we Picked him in the end zone in the championship game then came back and scored next series.So he left like the little loser he is.

Lol that serves him right there. Why would he owe this player $600, not pay him back promptly, then wave his finger in the persons face you owe.....then one can see what the end result turns out to be. He apparently thought this back up player wasn't bad enough to do what he did in a locker room well.....*he found the fuck out what he could do*.

A loser he is, I don't believe he will get any respect whenever he returns.

Peace

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562

Jason P said:

Unbelievable. Crazy that cities are still willing to fork over hundreds of millions for stadiums....especially for NFL teams who make a shitload of money.
    Giants (baseball) were forced to fund their own stadium and look how they're doing.

fuck publicly finananced stadiums. :rage:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    On Deadliest Catch, they had an episode where boats were getting the Super Bowl relied to them over a satellite phone ... this was the reaction when learning they didn't give the ball to Lynch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaxC0wWxrOE

Why did they throw it?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

g under p said:

Jason P said:

norm said:

Peace
    Yeah, that 600 bucks cost him almost 2 million. Another instance of when keeping it real goes wrong.
    The slug on Boston.com yesterday read, "Because ... the Jets."

:rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    lolbills
  • Options
    god bless thy PSI and the off season thy have provided ... not sure Tommy is going to make it another 8 season based on this aging.

• Options

These things are fucking hilarious. Thus is my favorite.