• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    JK_Livin said:

New England cheated in a super bowl?

Multiple
    What did they do?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    They were caught video taping opponents walk throughs the day before a game. Fined and a videotape was destroyed by the league. Google it for more info.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    JK_Livin said:

New England cheated in a super bowl?

Multiple
    go on.....
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    edited August 2015
    JK_Livin said:

They were caught video taping opponents walk throughs the day before a game. Fined and a videotape was destroyed by the league. Google it for more info.

I'm pretty sure spygate was the patriots illegally recording the new York jets during the regular season. Which super bowls are you referring to? If you're going to accuse a team of cheating during super bowl(s), you should be more specific.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Don't be naive. They only taped regular season practices? Where's your proof of that?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

JK_Livin said:

I'm pretty sure spygate was the patriots illegally recording the new York jets during the regular season. Which super bowls are you referring to? If you're going to accuse a team of cheating during super bowl(s), you should be more specific.
    It was the Rams super bowl. Faulk has brought up that the Rams saw someone video taping them during the final walk through. The installed a new run play just for that game for the red zone and barely practiced it as to keep it a secret. They went through it at the final walk through. When they broke it out in game the Pats acted like they knew it was coming. Not proof but with spy gate made sense they video taped it.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Fucking Aldon Smith. As a 49ers fan I hope they cut his ass this morning before he even gets out of jail. They won't get the cap space (5th year option year of his rookie deal) back and it shouldn't matter.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Don't be naive. They only taped regular season practices? Where's your proof of that?

I'm not being naive. But if you're going to accuse a team of cheating, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.

As far as Marshall Faulk whining because they got beat by the patriots in that super bowl, what more would you expect?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

JK_Livin said:

I'm not being naive. But if you're going to accuse a team of cheating, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.

As far as Marshall Faulk whining because they got beat by the patriots in that super bowl, what more would you expect?
    once a cheater always a cheater. convicted once the label is always there. the burden falls on you to prove you are no longer a cheat...which of course deflate gate just goes to show you they are still cheaters a decade later.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    You think the Patriots were fined (the biggest fine ever at the time), stripped of a pick and had the tape destroyed because they taped a Jets regular season practice? Practice? That's funny.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm a bills fan. Anything that fucks the patriots, I'm fine with. Brady sitting out vs buffalo week 2 or 3 is A OK with me.

But this deflated balls suspension is bull shit. If the league said belechick and kraft had no knowledge of this, why did they get fined and lose draft picks? And since you're so sure they cheated in a super bowl, it shouldnt be that difficult to cite one link that verifies that claim.
  • Options
    The leagues destroyed the tapes before anyone could verify what was on them. That is also why I claim bullshit on it. The NFL is releasing Brady's personal emails over a pool cover but couldn't even comment on what was on those tapes. We will never know unless Goodell gets fired and does a tell all book. Or someone in the Pats grows a conscious and finally owns up to it. I say let the conspiracies fly as this is what they deserve for doing that.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited August 2015

I'm a bills fan. Anything that fucks the patriots, I'm fine with. Brady sitting out vs buffalo week 2 or 3 is A OK with me.

But this deflated balls suspension is bull shit. If the league said belechick and kraft had no knowledge of this, why did they get fined and lose draft picks? And since you're so sure they cheated in a super bowl, it shouldnt be that difficult to cite one link that verifies that claim.

As with the Saints, a lack of control or ignorance is not an excuse
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Being a "cheater" is a mentality and it's a mentality that the Patriots have. Frankly, I don't think their cheating has given them much of an advantage. In 2007, Eric Mangini called them out on the videotaping stuff because, as the new Jets coach, he didn't want them to have an advantage. Well they went on to win 18 straight games that year and almost won the Super Bowl. This year, there's the deflated ball thing. Brady probably has used undersized balls for years. But I think we can all agree that if there was ever a game where the PSI of the balls was going to be correct and Brady wouldn't have an "advantage", it was this year's Super Bowl. And Brady ended up playing great and they won.

The Pats are kinda like a billionaire who has all the money he needs, but he still cheats on his taxes or pilfers money through a shady charity. He's already rich! Why do that stuff? Because it's a mentality. There's entitlement issues with people like that and the Patriots have it in spades. And all they've done is hurt themselves.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

You're comparing the saints trying to hurt people to deflating 2 psi out of footballs? If this was true, belechick would be suspended.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Quoted wrong comment
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

You're comparing the saints trying to hurt people to deflating 2 psi out of footballs? If this was true, belechick would be suspended.
    No comparing anything but the excuses
  • Options
    This guy has some real life problems.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802

This guy has some real life problems.
    Fuck the grease fire grows.
    As talented as he is, if he just went down with his third dui in the last year or two he needs to be released. He is going to kill someone....there are mistakes and then there is just plain stupid.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    And he is now unemployed. I assume Dallas will sign him whenever his suspension ends.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Scott ,as long as your not a stinking Panther fan.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Smith has all the talent in the world,but he is an idiot who just dosent get it.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules. You can argue that it's not the same level as deflating footballs, but it has the same effect: something outside of the rules to make the football easier to grip and catch. The Vikings and Panthers were warned. That's it. Nothing more.

In 2012 the Chargers used towels with an sticky substance on their game balls and didn't give them up to the NFL immediately when ordered to do so. If you think the Panthers-Vikings thing was just some honest mistake, it's a lot harder to convince anyone that there was no intent by the Chargers to gain a competitive advantage. The Chargers' punishment? A $20,000 fine. That's it. Nothing more.

1st offense and neither of those teams cheated in a Super Bowl(s) and were caught. a convicted felon will get more time for a misdemeanor than someone with no record at all. not a hard concept.
    Like you said: TEAMS. Not that Brady did the cheating. Even if he did, 4 games? Hell, actual felons got less games then the misdemeanor that Brady MAY have done>LOL!!

Also, wasn't the team(Patriots) fined and lost draft picks already?(for this incident)>If so, why does Brady have to sit 4 games then?

Note: I'm not a Patriots fan.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules. You can argue that it's not the same level as deflating footballs, but it has the same effect: something outside of the rules to make the football easier to grip and catch. The Vikings and Panthers were warned. That's it. Nothing more.

In 2012 the Chargers used towels with an sticky substance on their game balls and didn't give them up to the NFL immediately when ordered to do so. If you think the Panthers-Vikings thing was just some honest mistake, it's a lot harder to convince anyone that there was no intent by the Chargers to gain a competitive advantage. The Chargers' punishment? A $20,000 fine. That's it. Nothing more.

1st offense and neither of those teams cheated in a Super Bowl(s) and were caught. a convicted felon will get more time for a misdemeanor than someone with no record at all. not a hard concept.
    Like you said: TEAMS. Not that Brady did the cheating. Even if he did, 4 games? Hell, actual felons got less games then the misdemeanor that Brady MAY have done>LOL!!

Also, wasn't the team(Patriots) fined and lost draft picks already?(for this incident)>If so, why does Brady have to sit 4 games then?

because he had someone destroy his phone the day the NFL asked to see it in clear defiance. his attitude and lack of cooperation is why he got 4 games NOT for deflated footballs. he would have been better off keeping the phone and telling the NFL they have no right to see it instead of having someone destroy it. the act of destroying the phone shows the appearance of a coverup whether true or not.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

because he had someone destroy his phone the day the NFL asked to see it in clear defiance. his attitude and lack of cooperation is why he got 4 games NOT for deflated footballs. he would have been better off keeping the phone and telling the NFL they have no right to see it instead of having someone destroy it. the act of destroying the phone shows the appearance of a coverup whether true or not.
    So using that same logic, has the NFL done anything that shows the appearance of a cover-up?

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/08/07/former-federal-prosecutor-john-dowd-calls-for-nfl-to-correct-an-injustice-to-tom-brady/
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    edited August 2015
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

because he had someone destroy his phone the day the NFL asked to see it in clear defiance. his attitude and lack of cooperation is why he got 4 games NOT for deflated footballs. he would have been better off keeping the phone and telling the NFL they have
    no right to see it instead of having someone destroy it. the act of destroying the phone shows the appearance of a coverup whether true or not.
    I thought this all started because of deflated footballs?

It should've never got to that point, like i pointed out. Pats should've been fined and lost draft picks and that SHOULD"VE been done right after the Super Bowl. Frickin' all of this over deflated footballs?(Deflated for a half? Balls were so deflated that the Refs didn't notice during the first half?) Really?

I thought the NFL got the texts from the ball boys? If so, i would have to think that Brady's replies would be on them? Hell, i wouldn't give my phone either and i'm no where near the celeberty that Brady is>LOL

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    People have been arguing over god damn deflated footballs for 7 months. Jesus fucking Christ who gives a shit?

Roger Goodell is a bigger joke than Gary Bettman. The NFL in its entirety is a big fucking joke. I'm done with this laughing stock of a league.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

because he had someone destroy his phone the day the NFL asked to see it in clear defiance. his attitude and lack of cooperation is why he got 4 games NOT for deflated footballs. he would have been better off keeping the phone and telling the NFL they have
    no right to see it instead of having someone destroy it. the act of destroying the phone shows the appearance of a coverup whether true or not.
    I thought this all started because of deflated footballs?

It should've never got to that point, like i pointed out. Pats should've been fined and lost draft picks and that SHOULD"VE been done right after the Super Bowl. Frickin' all of this over deflated footballs?(Deflated for a half? Balls were so deflated that the Refs didn't notice during the first half?) Really?

I thought the NFL got the texts from the ball boys? If so, i would have to think that Brady's replies would be on them? Hell, i wouldn't give my phone either and i'm no where near the celeberty that Brady is>LOL

Dumbest scandal in the history of professional sports.
    chinese-happy.jpg