The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    edited May 2015
    MayDay10 said:

lol.

From the Patriots' long, drawn out, lawyer's report/response

"Further, when they sought their additional interview with Mr. McNally, they never candidly said they had overlooked this text and therefore wanted Mr. McNally back for another interview to ask him about it. They never asked Mr. Jastremski about it in his interview. Had they done so, they would have learned from either gentleman one of the ways they used the deflation/deflator term. Mr. Jastremski would sometimes work out and bulk up — he is a slender guy and his goal was to get to 200 pounds. Mr. McNally is a big fellow and had the opposite goal: to lose weight. “Deflate” was a term they used to refer to losing weight"

Travis Yost @travisyost · 1h 1 hour ago
    Most amusing is how the Patriots suspended a guy for trying to lose weight. Tough business over there.

i mean this is just awesome. how has someone not told the Patriots to just shut the fuck up by now? you can't make this shit up with how fucking stupid the Patriots are looking in this case. what a bunch of fucking idiots.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited May 2015
    Good stuff above. Remember, Belicheat knew NOTHING. HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    One thing is for sure, the patriots are all in with their defense.

And how can you not be impressed with what ODB has done in just 3/4 of a season? I'd take him right now over most receivers on my team. That catch is by far the best catch I've ever seen. And I did watch most of Jerry Rices career. He isn't even close to rice, but if he can keep this up for 4 or 5 seasons, Rice will have company in the greatest of all time debate.
  • Options

And how can you not be impressed with what ODB has done in just 3/4 of a season? I'd take him right now over most receivers on my team. That catch is by far the best catch I've ever seen. And I did watch most of Jerry Rices career. He isn't even close to rice, but if he can keep this up for 4 or 5 seasons, Rice will have company in the greatest of all time debate.

Maybe 12-15 years
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Maybe 12-15 years
    Sure, to even come close to Rices numbers.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    And in 3/4 of a season he either broke or tied a boat load of franchise and NFL rookie records! This kid's good; hope he keeps it up and has a great career.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Poncier said:

Does that make him the next Jerry Rice? Pump the breaks there people!

Stick'um would make him the next Jerry Rice.
    LOL!
    (I think he did use it, that fucking catch was near impossible!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Now all the receiver have gloves that are so sticky they could stop a tactor trailer driving by just by touching it with their gloves. There's no difference between stickum they used and the gloves today.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    cdysinge said:

Irvin says he is leaving sehawks for falcons next offseason. I know these guys have places they want to go and all but should he really be declaring it publicly where he will sign a season early. If I was the seachickens I would cut his ass for that.

I think he's hoping to be cut.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    How exactly would cutting Irvin benefit the Seahawks? They'd be fools to do so. They should try and swing a trade with the Falcons if anything.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Poncier said:

How exactly would cutting Irvin benefit the Seahawks? They'd be fools to do so. They should try and swing a trade with the Falcons if anything.

I'm good with that. We don't need a cancer in the locker room, and if he's already talking about another team, then ship him out. I love the way he plays, and wish there was cap space to pay him what he wants, but if he doesn't want to be a Seahawk, then I don't care how good he is - show him the door, Cap space will be tough as they're working on contracts for Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson. If I'm choosing 1 of the 3 to let go, it is bye bye Bruce.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    JimmyV said:

yeah, maybe. but it's the dumbest rule to begin with. such a minor infraction, yet the media drove the nfl to this ridiculous ruling. the outrage by people is just hilarious to me....

Absolutely a dumb rule and absolutely one that has never been treated as a big deal until now. There's a reason why it hasn't been changed in decades and is supposed to carry a $25,000 fine. The league blew this up into a huge deal in order to go after the Patriots. When the Patriots "didn't fully comply" with the charade, they used that refusal as a justification for extreme punishment.

We see this kind of thing in politics all the time. One side trumps up a charge and pretends to be outraged so that it can go after the other. Investigations and hearings become weapons, not tools to help uncover any kind of "truth". Much like the situation here, what might be true is far less important than what will do the most damage to your enemy. That isn't how the league office should be treating a member club.

I'm not outraged by these two guys launching a knuckleheaded scheme to deflate balls anymore than I am by the crowd noise in Atlanta or text messages in Cleveland. Honestly, I think the stickum on the towel is the biggest recent deal.

But if Brady did do it? Did tell these guys to deflate the footballs after the refs checked them? Lied to Bob Kraft about it? Then I can understand the outrage. I will be outraged too if that is ever proven and/or Brady admits to it. Because that is some shady shit.

fella, you're just too rational a person to be participating in this thread right now.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    I for one do not give a flying fuck how irrational anything about this is. I thoroughly enjoy Tom Brady being dragged through the mud. I don't find many things in life more enjoyable, in fact.

Keep on keepin on, NFL
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I for one do not give a flying fuck how irrational anything about this is. I thoroughly enjoy Tom Brady being dragged through the mud. I don't find many things in life more enjoyable, in fact.

Keep on keepin on, NFL

how very irrational of you, clifton!

by the way--the nfl loves this attention during their one and only down time of the year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135

Keep on keepin on, NFL

by the way--the nfl loves this attention during their one and only down time of the year...
    Even if that attention is negative or positive. I myself am interested in the attention the Patriots are getting why because there was a time the Patriots were as irreverent as let's say the Jaguars.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    g under p said:

Keep on keepin on, NFL

Even if that attention is negative or positive. I myself am interested in the attention the Patriots are getting why because there was a time the Patriots were as irreverent as let's say the Jaguars.

Peace

Yeah I went to a few games @ Sullivan and the Pats were a pile of shit. I didnt care, I was a kid @ an NFL game but wow did they suck. Then they called it Foxboro and I saw some games during a 1-15 year. I even got tossed in the drunk tank in the early 90s there. :who_me:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

JimmyV said:

yeah, maybe. but it's the dumbest rule to begin with. such a minor infraction, yet the media drove the nfl to this ridiculous ruling. the outrage by people is just hilarious to me....

Absolutely a dumb rule and absolutely one that has never been treated as a big deal until now. There's a reason why it hasn't been changed in decades and is supposed to carry a $25,000 fine. The league blew this up into a huge deal in order to go after the Patriots. When the Patriots "didn't fully comply" with the charade, they used that refusal as a justification for extreme punishment.

We see this kind of thing in politics all the time. One side trumps up a charge and pretends to be outraged so that it can go after the other. Investigations and hearings become weapons, not tools to help uncover any kind of "truth". Much like the situation here, what might be true is far less important than what will do the most damage to your enemy. That isn't how the league office should be treating a member club.

I'm not outraged by these two guys launching a knuckleheaded scheme to deflate balls anymore than I am by the crowd noise in Atlanta or text messages in Cleveland. Honestly, I think the stickum on the towel is the biggest recent deal.

But if Brady did do it? Did tell these guys to deflate the footballs after the refs checked them? Lied to Bob Kraft about it? Then I can understand the outrage. I will be outraged too if that is ever proven and/or Brady admits to it. Because that is some shady shit.

fella, you're just too rational a person to be participating in this thread right now.

if rational means taking the stance that these 2 schmucks deflated the football without Brady's knowledge (must have been just for fun they did it for...,laughable) the by golly Juggler you are right on.

good to know you support cheaters Juggler. I know you've been a big fan of Bellichick for awhile now. maybe your boy Chip can learn some tricks and actually win a playoff game soon for us.
  • Options
  • Options
    I hope buffalo can finally beat those fuckers twice in a season and get into the playoffs. I'm really tired of waiting for a good Bills team. Let's go EJ, it's on you now. You've got the weapons and a defense. Time to tighten up!
  • Options

I hope buffalo can finally beat those fuckers twice in a season and get into the playoffs. I'm really tired of waiting for a good Bills team. Let's go EJ, it's on you now. You've got the weapons and a defense. Time to tighten up!

I liked the Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith/Spiderman/Tasker teams, they were fun.
    EJ kinda (and by kinda I mean really) stinks though.
    Matt Cassel is your guy.
  • Options

Matt Cassel is your guy.
    I say EJ because I give cassel 3 games before he is benched. That dude sucks balls. He's won 22 games (I think) and 11 of them were in one season with New England.

I love seeing them going out and getting big name players but at the same time so frustrating to see them settle on garbage at QB.
  • Options

Matt Cassel is your guy.
    I say EJ because I give cassel 3 games before he is benched. That dude sucks balls. He's won 22 games (I think) and 11 of them were in one season with New England.

I love seeing them going out and getting big name players but at the same time so frustrating to see them settle on garbage at QB.
    I dont know about him sucking balls (that is thankfully not on display on the field) but I root for him because he is a fellow USC alum. He cannot be worse than EJ.
    Agree they have lots of good parts. Maybe you can tempt Spurt Warner into coming out of retirement. Never hurts to have God on your side.
  • Options

Matt Cassel is your guy.

I dont know about him sucking balls (that is thankfully not on display on the field) but I root for him because he is a fellow USC alum. He cannot be worse than EJ.
    Agree they have lots of good parts. Maybe you can tempt Spurt Warner into coming out of retirement. Never hurts to have God on your side.
    I'd aka warner if he could play. Hell, I'd take jay cutler over those 2 guys.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Cassel has an inside track. The Bills have an immensely talented team and a good coaching staff. They know the QB is lacking... so the important thing will be to put a guy in there who can/will minimize the damage at that position. Cassel has the experience where perhaps he can do just enough and run a gameplan and read a defense.

EJ, I dont know. He seems to be talking a big game, but I have never seen a pro QB with such awful accuracy and no touch whatsoever.

I am intrigued about Tyrod Taylor.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I want to see Shannon Sharpe back on the NFL Today.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    MayDay10 said:

Cassel has an inside track. The Bills have an immensely talented team and a good coaching staff. They know the QB is lacking... so the important thing will be to put a guy in there who can/will minimize the damage at that position. Cassel has the experience where perhaps he can do just enough and run a gameplan and read a defense.

EJ, I dont know. He seems to be talking a big game, but I have never seen a pro QB with such awful accuracy and no touch whatsoever.

The Bills should try to bribe Kyle Orton back by delivering 50 barrels of Jack Daniels to his front door.

The world shouldn't be deprived of an Orton-less NFL.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Roger Goodell has appointed himself as the arbitrator in the Tom Brady hearing!

This is better then the Jelly of the Month Club! It's the gift that keeps on giving!

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

I want to see Shannon Sharpe back on the NFL Today.

Why? I can only assume for comedy, but it's not nice to laugh at those with speech impediments.
  • Options

amen, brother. complete nonsense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

why?
    chinese-happy.jpg