The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    Fowler gone for the year! Holy shit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    "They" really need to figure out how to fix an ACL in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Schefter reporting that fowler signed a waiver saying that if he got hurt during this work out, the Jags had to negotiate his contract in good faith. Looks like he will still get paid.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Classic Jaguars football .... The front office finally makes a good first round pick and the football gods smote him within 60 minutes of putting his jersey and pads on.

Follow this link to see a murderers row of shit first round picks made by Jacksonville (Fred Taylor being the exemption ... Throw enough darts in a dark room and you hit the target eventually) ...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jacksonville_Jaguars_first-round_draft_picks
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    JimmyV said:

i feel bad for the Jags
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

MayDay10 said:

I also love the fact that Tom Brady is too busy to meet the president and to read this report that claims to incriminate him and tarnish his legacy... but he can wine and dine at the Kentucky Derby.

this whole thing is fucking ridiculous. deflating footballs? who cares? there were studies done during the nonsense leading up to the super bowl that it actually does more harm than good due to a decrease in velocity. aaron rogers overinflates his. the vikings were were caught keeping their balls too close to heaters last year. ooooooh! if the nfl really thought this was a big issue, they wouldn't allow teams to handle their own balls in the first place. plus if they were tipped off before the championship game and did nothing...then.....what the fuck? why let it happen? haha. whole thing is nonsense.

you just get the impression that this has always been one of those wink and nod rules for decades. always been a non issue until now. it was a convenient story to keep the nfl in the news in the first week leading up the super bowl and now the report conveniently comes out during the only other dead nfl time of the year.

they'll lose a draft pick and pay a fine (like the falcons had to as a result of their investigation, which nobody cares about--and what they did had a much bigger effect on games imo) and the nfl will change their ball handling policy, thus infuriating quarterbacks all over the league.

fucking. stupid.
    while I agree that actual deflated footballs isn't a big issue but you can't tell me that the marquee team in the league having a complete and utter lack of integrity isn't a big issue. those fuckers constantly bend and break the rules and don't give two fucks about it. they are cheating scumbags and fucking bald face liers. kraft, bellicheck and brady need to be suspended. enough of their bullshit.
    As I pointed out earlier, if you want Brady suspended for this, fine. But the same report that everyone is pointing to as evidence also exonerates Belichick and Kraft. Calling for their suspension is just bald-faced hatred, nothing more.

Kraft showed a lack of respect for the league with his initial comments about the situation and then further disrespected the league with his comments the other day by basically saying the report is wrong. and bellichick defies the league on a weekly basis and shows a lack of respect for the authority of the league. lack of institutional control over the franchise that those 2 head. suspend them.
    So it is about a lack of respect for the league? The same league that has been in the wrong on every major decision it has made since Roger Goodell took office, from concussions to domestic violence, has been been treated with disrespect? I wouldn't waste a single breath defending the honor of the NFL and I love football.

Suspending Kraft and/or Belichick would be both an overreach and a blatant attempt by Roger Goodell to earn favor with other franchises.

Goodell may not be earning his, what, $40M per year but he's less a puppet than Tagliabue was.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I've all but forgotten the tagliabue years.
  • Options

he was there before social media and the 24/7 news cycle.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

he was there before social media and the 24/7 news cycle.
    Very true. But he was the commish for so long. I barely remember him calling the draft picks. I can remember more clips of Rozelle calling the #1 pick than Tags.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630

"They" really need to figure out how to fix an ACL in a few weeks.

For mine, I had to do a battery of physical therapy for a month before I could even get the surgery. Brutal healing process. Took me about it 18 months from injury to really get to 100%
  • Options
    imalive said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

MayDay10 said:

I also love the fact that Tom Brady is too busy to meet the president and to read this report that claims to incriminate him and tarnish his legacy... but he can wine and dine at the Kentucky Derby.

this whole thing is fucking ridiculous. deflating footballs? who cares? there were studies done during the nonsense leading up to the super bowl that it actually does more harm than good due to a decrease in velocity. aaron rogers overinflates his. the vikings were were caught keeping their balls too close to heaters last year. ooooooh! if the nfl really thought this was a big issue, they wouldn't allow teams to handle their own balls in the first place. plus if they were tipped off before the championship game and did nothing...then.....what the fuck? why let it happen? haha. whole thing is nonsense.

you just get the impression that this has always been one of those wink and nod rules for decades. always been a non issue until now. it was a convenient story to keep the nfl in the news in the first week leading up the super bowl and now the report conveniently comes out during the only other dead nfl time of the year.

they'll lose a draft pick and pay a fine (like the falcons had to as a result of their investigation, which nobody cares about--and what they did had a much bigger effect on games imo) and the nfl will change their ball handling policy, thus infuriating quarterbacks all over the league.

fucking. stupid.
    while I agree that actual deflated footballs isn't a big issue but you can't tell me that the marquee team in the league having a complete and utter lack of integrity isn't a big issue. those fuckers constantly bend and break the rules and don't give two fucks about it. they are cheating scumbags and fucking bald face liers. kraft, bellicheck and brady need to be suspended. enough of their bullshit.
    As I pointed out earlier, if you want Brady suspended for this, fine. But the same report that everyone is pointing to as evidence also exonerates Belichick and Kraft. Calling for their suspension is just bald-faced hatred, nothing more.

Kraft showed a lack of respect for the league with his initial comments about the situation and then further disrespected the league with his comments the other day by basically saying the report is wrong. and bellichick defies the league on a weekly basis and shows a lack of respect for the authority of the league. lack of institutional control over the franchise that those 2 head. suspend them.
    So it is about a lack of respect for the league? The same league that has been in the wrong on every major decision it has made since Roger Goodell took office, from concussions to domestic violence, has been been treated with disrespect? I wouldn't waste a single breath defending the honor of the NFL and I love football.

Suspending Kraft and/or Belichick would be both an overreach and a blatant attempt by Roger Goodell to earn favor with other franchises.

Goodell may not be earning his, what, $40M per year but he's less a puppet than Tagliabue was.
    Maybe. Tagliabue at least had control of his own office. Goodell does not.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Starting to seem like 4 or 6 games for Brady.

Though the Miami Herald is saying an entire season,
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ed Reed on Brady:

Reed was asked if he considers the deflating of footballs gamesmanship or outright cheating.

"It's definitely gamesmanship," said Reed, who had epic battles with Brady on the field. "For the players, it's about having an equal playing field. You heard about all the science and research. I played football with a smushed-up can.

"It doesn't matter to me about the fooball. It's whatever. We're on a professional level. We set an example. That's what it comes down to. It's always going to be a 'Gate' What's the next 'Gate'? Wooden gate?"

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ed-reed-weighs-in-on-tom-brady-deflategate-discusses-integrity-of-the-game-20150509-story.html

• Options
    Will Vegas offer odds that Jimmy Garoppolo becomes the next Kingslayer?

The Bledsoe's send their regards ...

• Options

JimmyV said:

i feel bad for the Jags
    Even though the Jags are in the Colts division, I feel a small amount of pity for them. If it was not for a few batshit Maurice Jones Drew games, Josh Scobee kicking a few 50+ game winners, and Manning breaking his neck, the Jags would be 0 - 28 against the Colts

(Rethinking)

BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    I remember the reports that Cleveland and Atlanta were going to be "punished severely". Neither really was (a suspension from the competition committee after it had done its work and a GM suspension after he had done his work) nor do I feel either deserved to be. Wondering if the same incorrect leaker is putting out the Brady 6-8 games story.

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I read Goodell changed the verbage for what constitutes cheating from proof needed to probable to be able to give punishment. I still don't see how the players union or an arbiter would allow any suspensions from this. Probably doing something is not supposed to be enough in this country for punishment to be levied. Yes the NFL is a private entity with its own CBA but that is bullshit. I believe Brady did it but the way this is being handled is just going to hurt the NFL. Its nothing more than Goodell trying to cover for the Rice mess again. Goodell is a lawyer and should be conducting the league above reproach on these things.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Poncier said:

Starting to seem like 4 or 6 games for Brady.

Though the Miami Herald is saying an entire season,

this is the dumbest scandal that has ever existed. hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Being a Patriot fan since 1971 and yes Brady cheated in some way. The penality should be suspension 10 months, 2 draft picks you pick them, 1 million $ fine, and Kraft has to apologize to the Commish. Yeah that should fix those cheaters.

What a mess!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Being a Patriot fan since 1971 and yes Brady cheated in some way. The penality should be suspension 10 months, 2 draft picks you pick them, 1 million $ fine, and Kraft has to apologize to the Commish. Yeah that should fix those cheaters.

What a mess!

Peace

You'd still have people saying they weren't punished enough.

• Options
    I think that's even too much...

But like Olbermann said... 1 game for the footballs, the rest for everything after.

Every comparable case, teams cooperated, let the league handle it, and accepted punishment. That includes spygate, when most likely the nfl did new england a solid. The patriots have been belligerent through this, while pretty much getting caught with their pants down. Now you got brady's agent implying the nfl fixes games... it's a terrible look.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The Patriots were belligerent?

$500,000 and a first round pick for taping defensive signals from the wrong spot is not doing anyone a solid.

http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Destroying the evidence and capping the damage to make it go away was pretty nice of them.

Allegations of Spygate went deeper than just taping signals. Ted johnson said all signals would be mysteriously taped to his locker before gameS. Allegations brady would get transmissions about what the defense was right until the snap which is illegal.

$500k Is nothing to kraft/the patriots. 1st round pick is nothing in exchange for illegal tactics that assisted in winning 3 superbowls. I'd take it.

And yes. belligerent. Brady's pc and being caught in lies, kraft's demand for apology, belichick's the science guy, brady's agent's laughable accusations, and brady's little circle Jerk in salem. It's like they are begging for punishment. Trust me, the nfl wishes they came clean in January and this could have been dealt with long ago.

The nfl does not like to expose dirt about itself. Like the ray rice thing. They thought they could minimize the damage, the video wouldn't get out, and business as usual moving on with a star player. I think the pats were just calling out their bluff. a lot of people are shocked this report makes it tougher on the nfl. I totally expected it to be inconclusive
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Allegations, allegations, allegations...and no proof. You might as well be arguing Bigfoot is real.

They were punished severely for a minor infraction. That's a fact. And I agree Goodell destroying the tapes was stupid, but it didn't help the Patriots any. It was just the first in a long line of incidents where this commissioner did the wrong thing. Knowing what we know about him now, no one should be surprised by that.

• Options
    And his biggest advocate is Bob Kraft
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    MayDay10 said:

Destroying the evidence and capping the damage to make it go away was pretty nice of them.

Allegations of Spygate went deeper than just taping signals. Ted johnson said all signals would be mysteriously taped to his locker before gameS. Allegations brady would get transmissions about what the defense was right until the snap which is illegal.

$500k Is nothing to kraft/the patriots. 1st round pick is nothing in exchange for illegal tactics that assisted in winning 3 superbowls. I'd take it.

And yes. belligerent. Brady's pc and being caught in lies, kraft's demand for apology, belichick's the science guy, brady's agent's laughable accusations, and brady's little circle Jerk in salem. It's like they are begging for punishment. Trust me, the nfl wishes they came clean in January and this could have been dealt with long ago.

The nfl does not like to expose dirt about itself. Like the ray rice thing. They thought they could minimize the damage, the video wouldn't get out, and business as usual moving on with a star player. I think the pats were just calling out their bluff. a lot of people are shocked this report makes it tougher on the nfl. I totally expected it to be inconclusive

I understand you hate the Pats, but there is not a single step that was taken by the NFL here that can be described as minimizing the damage. They turned a simple rules violation into the Warren Commission. They fed the media firestorm with an almost endless stream of leaks, each of which constitutes its own violation of the integrity policy we are hearing so much about. And then they bought a report that said not only did Brady do it, but every league official at every turn did every single thing right! An amazing bit of administrative competence from an organization not known for it. Must be true though, because the lawyer we paid says so.

No, there was no minimizing the damage here.

Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. We get it, the patriots cheat. Every team does. They just aren't good enough not to get caught.
  • Options
    "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The intro to NBC Meet The Press promises to make a link between deflate gate and the Clintons. Plus it showed a still-shot of Hillary and Bill kissing followed by a still-shot of what looked like Brady and Belichick kissing.

Good times!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

The intro to NBC Meet The Press promises to make a link between deflate gate and the Clintons. Plus it showed a still-shot of Hillary and Bill kissing followed by a still-shot of what looked like Brady and Belichick kissing.

Good times!

I've been kinda thinking the same thing. They didn't get Bill on the blow job, they got him for lying about it in a questionable investigation. With Brady it won't be about the deflation, it'll be about "not fully cooperating" with a questionable investigation. There are definite parallels.

Whar Monica did to Bill's balls has to be more enjoyable than what the retard twins might have done to Brady's.