Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    "More probable than not." After 104 days. What a complete joke.

Statement from Robert Kraft:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 – over 14 weeks ago – I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Tom Brady in complete control of these guys passing "fuck Tom" text messages back and forth.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    The best part of this is how much Patriots employees who are doing Brady's dirty work hate him, just like the rest of the world.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Mike Garafolo ‏@mikegarafolo 1m1 minute ago
    Wells took a jackhammer to Tom Brady. Concludes he knew he was breaking the rules, lied about knowing McNally + didn't help investigation.

Adam Schefter ‏@adamschefter 58s58 seconds ago
    NFL considering discipline for Tom Brady, locker attendant Jim McNally, equipment asst John Jastremski, per source close to investigation.

Adam Schefter ‏@adamschefter 52s52 seconds ago
    Tom Brady declined to turn over his phone to Ted Wells, per the report.

Jeremy White ‏@jeremywgr 2m2 minutes ago
    Also mentioned in this report, a dramatic increase in texts and calls between Brady and the deflatey guys (my words) when it all came out.

Jason La Canfora ‏@jasonlacanfora 2m2 minutes ago
    Report notes the Pats refused to make a key person in the investigation who deals directly with the football available for a 2nd interview

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Can someone send the Patriots a recipe book for pumpkins?

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    Great. Now we get to hear about deflated footballs again.
  • Options

Great. Now we get to hear about deflated footballs again.

I believe the focus will be more on the word "integrity"
  • Options
    I can't wait for Brady to get suspended. CANNOT wait.
  • Options

That will be quite enjoyable.
  • Options
  • Options

That will be quite enjoyable.
    Incredibly. I hate that face.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This is hysteriacal. "Fuck Tom"
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    They even reference them doing it in 2004.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    On October 25, 2014, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following
    Jastremski: Size 11?
    Jastremski: 2 or 3X?
    McNally: Tom must really be on you
    McNally: 11 0r 11 half......2x unless its tight fitting
    Jastremski: Nah. Hasn‟t even mentioned it, figured u should get
    something since he gives u nothing

On January 7, 2015, eleven days before the AFC Championship Game, McNally
    and Jastremski discussed how McNally would have a “big autograph day” and
    receive items autographed by Brady the following weekend, before the playoff
    game against the Baltimore Ravens. McNally and Jastremski exchanged the
    following text messages:
    McNally: Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for tom to
    sign
    Jastremski: U got it kid...big autograph day for you
    McNally: Nice throw some kicks in and make it real special
    Jastremski: It ur lucky. 11?
    McNally: 11 or 11 and half kid

On January 10, 2015, immediately prior to the game between the Patriots and the
    Ravens, in the Patriots equipment room with both Brady and Jastremski present,
    McNally received two footballs autographed by Brady and also had Brady
    autograph a game-worn Patriots jersey that McNally previously had obtained.
    7. In addition to the messages described above, before the start of the 2014-15
    season, McNally referred to himself as “the deflator” and stated that he was “not
    going to espn……..yet.” On May 9, 2014, McNally and Jastremski exchanged
    the following text messages:
    McNally: You working
    Jastremski: Yup
    McNally: Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a
    deal.....come on help the deflator
    McNally: Chill buddy im just fuckin with you ....im not going to
    espn........yet
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309
    kraft-bellicheck-brady are all cheating fuck scumbags and general pieces of human excrement. fuck them.

now cue the Patriot fans saying it's no big deal and everyone does it like they did with spygate. in 3.2.1....
  • Options
    I am too...but I'm also kinda sick to my stomach.

• Options
    so.... I wonder what else they have been doing.

I think it is valid to question the whole operation at this point. Spygate. Now this?
  • Options
    I think its fair to ask any and all questions at this point. I have many myself. I also think it it important to remember 28-0 in the second half of the AFC Championship game with properly inflated balls. Context to what we are talking about.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

I think its fair to ask any and all questions at this point. I have many myself. I also think it it important to remember 28-0 in the second half of the AFC Championship game with properly inflated balls. Context to what we are talking about.

Context doesn't matter. Just because they won the game handily doesn't mean they're not guilty of breaking the rules.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    How is this exchange evidence that Brady intentionally wanted deflated footballs? Two equipment guys saying they are going to inflate the balls to 16 psi and higher "watermelons" cause they are pissed. Because Brady yelled at them after the October game cause the balls (which one says the ref gave back to them at almost 16 psi) were overinflated and he was unhappy with their work.
    Brady yells at equipment guys cause he plays a game with balls at 15-16psi when he likes them at low range, so therefore its cheating?

Haven't read the whole report yet, but this is a pretty poor example of evidence of cheating. Nowhere in these texts do they say Brady wanted them to underinflate balls, just imply that he wants them a certain way and clearly in the prior game at almost 16 psi that wasn't achieved. No mention of settings below 12.5.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

How is this exchange evidence that Brady intentionally wanted deflated footballs? Two equipment guys saying they are going to inflate the balls to 16 psi and higher "watermelons" cause they are pissed. Because Brady yelled at them after the October game cause the balls (which one says the ref gave back to them at almost 16 psi) were overinflated and he was unhappy with their work.
    Brady yells at equipment guys cause he plays a game with balls at 15-16psi when he likes them at low range, so therefore its cheating?

Haven't read the whole report yet, but this is a pretty poor example of evidence of cheating. Nowhere in these texts do they say Brady wanted them to underinflate balls, just imply that he wants them a certain way and clearly in the prior game at almost 16 psi that wasn't achieved. No mention of settings below 12.5.
    You can't be serious
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Context doesn't matter. Just because they won the game handily doesn't mean they're not guilty of breaking the rules.
    Context does matter. Breaking a rule is breaking a rule and there will be a punishment. But you will hear claims that they won the game because they broke the rule, that everything they have ever won is built on cheating, etc. More propable than not there will be much hyperbole and many hot takes. 28-0 proves that they did not win the game because of a broken rule. Claims to the contrary are false.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

it's not just about this incident. they have fostered a culture defined by a complete lack of respect for the rules and the integrity of the game. Kraft, Bellichek and Brady should all be suspended. Bellichek should get a full year suspension seeing as how Sean Payton got afull year for bounties.
  • Options

Poncier said:

You can't be serious
    Humor me and show me the part of that exchange that proves rule breaking.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

You can't be serious
    boom there it is...
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

Poncier said:

You can't be serious
    boom there it is...
    I didn't say "its no big deal and everyone does it" as you expected above...I'm asking about this specific tweet Cliffy posted.
  • Options
    Per Adam Schefter: "'It looks like there could and will be discipline handed down' to Patriots QB Tom Brady, ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live. 'This will [happen in] days, not weeks.'"
  • Options
    Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

Poncier said:

You can't be serious
    boom there it is...
    I didn't say "its no big deal and everyone does it" as you expected above...I'm asking about this specific tweet Cliffy posted.
    Tom Brady gives people "kicks" for deflating the balls to the juuuuuuuuuuust legal limit?
  • Options
    Tom should treat his flunkys better.