Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll light another candle for you and Shawna tonight. Hang in there--things will turnaround for the better soon.

Susan
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    You are both in my thoughts and my prayers
  • Options
    all the best, my thoughts are with you, everything will be ok soon.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    hearts and thoughts john
    if all of our collective good thoughts and vibrations have anything to do with it...all will be well

remember...and i know you do....do NOT back down
    do what you think is right
    many people feel that doctors know all...that they are human gods
    but take it from me, that is not the case
    doctors and nurses are people just like you and me with distractions and problems of their own
    the majority do the best they can, but its easier to just throw your hands in the air sometimes
    a case like shawna's can be overwhelming for the primary physician
    seek other opinions if you are unhappy ...or talk to him or her about taking on a partner doctor

in any case keep up the good fight john

shawna is in my thoughts

hugs
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Nothing but love, thoughts, and prayers going your way Shawna and John.

Stay strong and keep fighting.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    It's another day John
    How's it going?
    Sending out a new batch of warm vibes freshly baked for you guys just this morning :)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Thank you everybody for your support. It's been a roller coaster here for the past few day's and our internet has been crashing periodically. Our cable company is coming out today to fix it and I'll be able to do an update later.
    Please keep us in your thoughts especially today...Thanks

John and Shawna....
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Thank you everybody for your support. It's been a roller coaster here for the past few day's and our internet has been crashing periodically. Our cable company is coming out today to fix it and I'll be able to do an update later.
    Please keep us in your thoughts especially today...Thanks

John and Shawna....

as every day :)
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    paysonites wrote:
    Hey everybody...

We've been experiencing some pretty rough waters lately. Shawna's pain is now in both legs. She's having sharp,dull pains, numbness and extreme spasms at times. A new symptom is numbness in her hands which has been going on for about 11 day's now. We are having problems with the doctors understanding the situation and have had to make a defensive stand. I am to exhausted to explain. All I can say right now is they are trying to force her into a care center. Which isn't going to happen. We were told by a nurse that works there that thank GOD your not coming here because there is a extreme outbreak of staff and mersa infections. She has had three major internal infections in the past months so why would they want to put her in such a high risk environment. I am documenting and writing a letter to her PCP of concerns of patient confidentiality breaches and mistreatment issues. Please keep us in your thoughts for these times are very difficult.
    So sorry to hear this John :( The healthcare system is broken and horribly tough to navigate. Not sure what your benefits are like, but some employers offer access to patient advocacy programs. Also, does Shawna have a case manager? I think sometimes case managers are assigned too but I'm not sure in what situations.

xx
  • Options
    All I can do is pray these day's.Which is easier said than done. Life has really been tough. More and more it becomes difficult. We know that it will get better here soon. Keeping up or ahead of this fight is the key to making it through it all and hopefully not being to tarnished in the end. Positivity will be the key to any great stride of success. You can NEVER second guess your guts instinct. Run with the thought that life will one day get back to it's post semi original form. Love will and does conquer all.... Dignity will rise up against all odds to make way for the new path. Which even though is welcomely faded, promises and aspires strength if given the chance. The chance to open up the doors that have been sealed from all the non understanding ideals that just never did make it. To finally let things heal. The chance to reconnect with the dreams that started in the beginning and have been the main foundation, drive and light that did and continues to help push and shove us through these times of trouble. Even though one may be beaten down from there best. The best day's are coming. One day at a time until these hardened day's are just memories that will be pressed to be forgotten but yearned to be turned into new strength. Strength for this journey. From journeys will come new found strength. The will is there and we will overcome this and find our way. For their are no boundaries when it comes to love. Love is the center and from that center comes everything else.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Well it's around 5:00am and I am unable to sleep. After getting only an hour sleep the night before I'm not sure where this nervous energy is coming from. Life is getting more and more difficult. Shawna's PCP (family doctor) dropped her last week. We found out through another doctor that she said she is tired of taking care of her. This week is the last week of her IV antibiotics and then that part of our lives is done. We were told by her Cardiologist that she will not be able to get new hardware in her back until the vegetation (growth) is gone from her heart. It was 3 1/2 inches long and has shrank down to around and 1 1/2 inches long. Unfortunately since her PCP went against my wife's infectious disease control doctors orders and put her on half the antibiotic dose than what she recommended the vegetation might not go away completely. Which means Shawna might have to live with two discs missing in her back for quite some time if not forever. We are not sure at this point. All I do know is my wife is constantly at a pain level of an 8 on a scale of 1-10. As you can imagine this has torn our lives apart. I can't bare the thought of her having to suffer like this for a longer period of time. My God she is only 28 years old. Things have got to get better here and they will eventually. Since I am only able to work 15 hours a week so I can take care of her, life is getting more and more difficult. I need to find my way again. These times are getting so tough. Please send some positive thoughts our way. After I get some rest, I'll have the strength again to endure whatever comes our way. I wish that I could start reaching out to family but I have just been to withdrawn from everything. I am completely engulfed in what we are going through together. We're both so devastated by the news. Again, please send positive thoughts our way. Thanks again for all of the emotional support.

John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    One of the causes supported by the Wishlist Foundation which may be able to assist you.

http://www.advocacyforpatients.org/

Postive vibes sent your way.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    buddy,get some rest..need to sleep a bit..
    all will be ok...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    buddy,get some rest..need to sleep a bit..
    all will be ok...

Thank you
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Sending well wishes and positive thought your way.
  • Options
    Do contact Wishlist John..we would all love to help

Sleep is difficult but you need it..and Shawna needs you to be rested for her as well

One day soon you will have time for yourself as well ... and that will be a good day coming

remember the old saying: its always darkest before the dawn

believe that all will be well

check your PMs :)

Hugs and more hugs
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    Thought and prayers from Texas. Keep fighting.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Thought and prayers from Texas. Keep fighting.

exactly what i was going to say. bump!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    More positive thoughts sent to you both. Hugs.
  • Options
    Hello everybody,

Thank you so much for your love and support. I have been wanting to get on here and do some updates but I just haven't had the time. The phones have been ringing off the hook with doctors and case managers. Plus I am trying desperately to get to work. So I'll be checking back here later tonight. It's our son Dorian's birthday today and we haven't even figured it all out yet so it's going to be a long day. Again, Thank you so much I/we wouldn't be able to make it through without the support of everybody here. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

John and Shawna.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Happy birthday to Dorian!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    redrock wrote:
    Happy birthday to Dorian!

Hope he has a great one! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Sending some positive thoughts your way!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to your little man. :D
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Dorian!
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Happy Birthday Dorian!

cool-birthday-candle-hq.jpg
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Good evening,

I finally found some time to get on here. We had to switch primary care doctors. Shawna's new doctor is very energetic, knowledgeable and very interested in helping us through this next chapter so to speak. Shawna's Cardiologist is having her continue blood thinners until this vegetation/growth in her heart shrinks enough for her heart rate to become regular again. He told us that it needs to before Shawna can have her back surgery. He's going to check her heart in a little over a week again but he stressed that this could take possibly up to a year. The pain is still extreme so we've got a lot to figure out. :D Some good news :D ...... her pick line was removed today. Woo Hoo!!! We're home now after a trip to the E.R. hours later after she had a pretty serious allergic reaction. We think it was residual IV medicine that leaked out upon removal of the pick line that caused the reaction. She was really irritated because we were trying to celebrate the pick line being removed and here she ends up in the E.R. again. I guess her body was giving her one last hora. I'm sure it's going to feel really good tomorrow. Just thought I'd check in and say hi. Again we want to thank everybody for all of the warm thoughts and supportive comments. Please continue them since this road is going to be a long one.

John and Shawna. :):)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    one step per day John....
    all will be ok..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    phewww what a roller coaster ride you guys are on
    great to hear some cheerful news from the camp!
    keep on keepin' on :D
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    mcgavinjmcgavinj Idaho Falls, ID, USA Posts: 311
    Good luck man. One thing I've learned is we all defintely have our trials. My thoughts and prayers with you for sure. Peace and Love to you and your family.
  • Options
    Our son Dorian got the biggest kick
    out of all of the Birthday Wishes on here.
    He really liked what he called the exploding cake.
    Thank you so much everybody. :D:D:D:D
    John and Shawna