Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Jamie and Susie May,

In these Times of Trouble I/we have realized what good people are surrounded by us right now. It may not be the ones we've known all of our lives but the love that is felt on this board is what has truly helped us in getting through this mess that has fallen upon us. Your support is felt in the deepest of ways. Thank you for your true concern and compassionate ways.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    That's beautiful John. Shawna is blessed to have someone as adoring and loving as yourself.
    All my best,
    Jamie

You may have to change your username to "He Who Is Thoughtful" :)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Sometimes we wonder why our strength keeps being tested to the extreme. You don't know why, but you will when you both work your way through this. Attitude is half the battle - just think positive thoughts (and keep listening to PJ) and you will come out of this happy, healthy and definately wiser. Warm regards to you both.

Diane
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    we thank you John,for being an inspiration of what Love means
    thank you..and all the best..i trully believe smile and happiness will come soon to your home
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    The message you wrote about your wife brought tears to my eyes.
    I'll be here on Monday, waiting for good news from you!! xoxoxo
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will receive good news on Monday.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Hey John, I will be looking to hear from you if you need anything. Fingers and toes crossed, and prayers sent....
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Carey wrote:
    Hey John, I will be looking to hear from you if you need anything. Fingers and toes crossed, and prayers sent....
    Me too John. xx
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Good evening,

You all are just incredibly wonderful people. Who would of thought that one amazing band could create such an amazing group of people who so selflessly give to one another in amazing ways. Shawna and I are in a pretty good place tonight. We have been really enjoying the day and preparing for whatever comes are way tomorrow.
    You all know how hard this has been for the both of us. The thought that so many have taken time out of their lives to help support a couple of fellow fan club members through their darkest of times is a celebration of life and how beautiful it is. My wife and I are really taken back by your kindness, compassion and will to make our lives move forward through a chain of support that until now (past year) was completely unknown or imaginable. I am very appreciative and really will never have the words to share/express how much you all mean to me. I hit a breaking point as most would and made it through with the love and the music. No matter what happens we are prepared and ready for the journey.

Thank you...Thank you....Thank you.
    John and Shawna
    Post edited by paysonites on
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    My thoughts and prayers for you and Shawna. Wish you all the best. There is an AMAZING group of people here, you are right about that John. Again, wish you both the very best.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Best wishes & much love to John & Shawna....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    now ,please John..give us the good news... :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Much good luck to you John and Shawna today for the upcoming news
    Good vibes the best I can muster, headed out your way
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Goooood Afternoon, Well no bad news to relay here. We just got back from the Cardiologist. He said that the Tricuspid valve is not leaking and she has not had a fever on the antibiotics. Which is good news. He said we're not out of the woods yet but it appears her 3 1/2 inch growth in her heart is shrinking a little bit more. They're are two parts to this infection (vegetation) one in her fourth heart chamber. One on her tricuspid valve. The one on her valve may almost be gone. Not certain without doing a TEE test ( where they take a camera and look at the heart/echo-cardiogram.) So at this point we have to make more appointments and continue antibiotic treatments for another three weeks. It may be that Shawna has to stay on long term antibiotics for another month or two.She brought up to the doc about when she would be able to have new hardware put in her back he said it could be a few months down the road. Of course her heart has to be dealt with first. She is concerned due to the heightened pain levels :cry: . In any case we are thrilled to find out that for now surgery is not on the immediate horizon. We thank everybody for their support and please continue this prayer chain.You all are such a huge part of our rock (support). Woo hoo!!!!! :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    OMG Yay!! I'm soooo happy you guys finally got some good news!!!!
    Your wife totally deserves it. I hope you have nothing but good news from here on out!! Best of luck to you both!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    remember, john, to take care of yourself
    the caregiver can become exhausted from personal neglect
    peace and comfort, my friends
    comfort and peace
    gayle
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Goooood Afternoon, Well no bad news to relay here. We just got back from the Cardiologist. He said that the Tricuspid valve is not leaking and she has not had a fever on the antibiotics. Which is good news. He said we're not out of the woods yet but it appears her 3 1/2 inch growth in her heart is shrinking a little bit more. They're are two parts to this infection (vegetation) one in her fourth heart chamber. One on her tricuspid valve. The one on her valve may almost be gone. Not certain without doing a TEE test ( where they take a camera and look at the heart/echo-cardiogram.) So at this point we have to make more appointments and continue antibiotic treatments for another three weeks. It may be that Shawna has to stay on long term antibiotics for another month or two.She brought up to the doc about when she would be able to have new hardware put in her back he said it could be a few months down the road. Of course her heart has to be dealt with first. She is concerned due to the heightened pain levels :cry: . In any case we are thrilled to find out that for now surgery is not on the immediate horizon. We thank everybody for their support and please continue this prayer chain.You all are such a huge part of our rock (support). Woo hoo!!!!! :D:D
    one step at time!!!!!good news..stay stronge!!
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    That is such good news! :D Big hugs to both of you!!!
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Yes, one step at a time John. For now, sounds like this is a step in the right direction, so happy for you both.

xx
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    "It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit. And keep moving forward.
    Keep moving forward." RB.

Great news guys, it is obvious you guys can take the hit, and Shawna has already been throwing some back at this horrible illness and softening it up to deliver a knockout punch!

Some 70s Aussie Cheese to help you celebrate your good news...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/j5xRkOQotLI
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I've been thinking about you both today, hoping you would get good news.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Wonderful news!
    So happy to hear it.
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    GOOD NEWS !!!!!! Well we just got back into town yesterday from seeing the infectious disease doctor in Phoenix. She said the heart infection is gone. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Shawna has to continue the IV antibiotics for the next two-three weeks. We're hoping the medicine breaks down the 2 1/2-3 inch growth even more so her heart beat can become regular again. If not we'll cross that road when we get there. The best news is that open heart surgery is not part of the picture at this point. Once she gets clearance from the heart doctor she can finally get her back fixed so she can get out of this nasty pain. So thank you everybody for your continued support, thoughts and prayers we really appreciate it.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    GOOD NEWS !!!!!! Well we just got back into town yesterday from seeing the infectious disease doctor in Phoenix. She said the heart infection is gone. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Shawna has to continue the IV antibiotics for the next two-three weeks. We're hoping the medicine breaks down the 2 1/2-3 inch growth even more so her heart beat can become regular again. If not we'll cross that road when we get there. The best news is that open heart surgery is not part of the picture at this point. Once she gets clearance from the heart doctor she can finally get her back fixed so she can get out of this nasty pain. So thank you everybody for your continued support, thoughts and prayers we really appreciate it.

AWESOME news!
    so glad to hear it
    and i know i don't need to say this john, but i feel like i should anyway so here goes
    (its the nurse in me..or the mom..take your pick)
    please make sure that shawna continues to take her antibiotics on time every time until they are gone and she is in the clear once and for all....i know it doesn't need to be said...but can't help myself
    i'm overjoyed for the both of you!
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Started reading the first page, figured I'd skip to the end... I'm not going to read anything, just going to say I'm THRILLED this has a happy ending :D

Good vibes to you and the family, great music heals all :)
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    paysonites wrote:

AWESOME news!
    so glad to hear it
    and i know i don't need to say this john, but i feel like i should anyway so here goes
    please make sure that shawna continues to take her antibiotics on time every time until they are gone and she is in the clear once and for all....i know it doesn't need to be said...but can't help myself

Thank you so much. That is really the best advice I could get right now.It's been accomplished but very tricky at times. With having to give her 50 milligrams of benadryl an hour before her IV medication and then an hour and a half later after that taking her off of the meds and then cleaning the unit. There is a lot to it especially since it is three times a day. It is a challenge keeping the times precise. Wow!! a nurse I knew there was something extra special about you. Thank you for what you do for people. Including all of your support through this.I took a medical 101 course a long time ago. Sometimes regret not continuing but at the same time that kindness and compassion follows you in whatever you do. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Started reading the first page, figured I'd skip to the end... I'm not going to read anything, just going to say I'm THRILLED this has a happy ending :D

Good vibes to you and the family, great music heals all :)

Those who can find positivity through music can find its healing affects. John 2:5:12
    Just kidding that's my name and the date. :lol: Thank you for your kindness.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    paysonites wrote:

AWESOME news!
    so glad to hear it

Thank you so much. That is really the best advice I could get right now.It's been accomplished but very tricky at times. With having to give her 50 milligrams of benadryl an hour before her IV medication and then an hour and a half later after that taking her off of the meds and then cleaning the unit. There is a lot to it especially since it is three times a day. It is a challenge keeping the times precise. Wow!! a nurse I knew there was something extra special about you. Thank you for what you do for people. Including all of your support through this.I took a medical 101 course a long time ago. Sometimes regret not continuing but at the same time that kindness and compassion follows you in whatever you do. :D

a friend of ed's once gave the greatest advice
    Be Sound
    its all you can do :)
    and enjoy another day
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    :D Thrilled to hear things are moving in the right direction!
    It's always great to read a positive update! Stay strong!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    a friend of ed's once gave the greatest advice
    Be Sound
    its all you can do :)
    and enjoy another day[/quote]

That is great advice. I have always believed that you should live each day like it's your last
    It sure gives you something to look forward to "The next day" :D
    John and Shawna