and feeling the love for you and your wife from all around on here
    just letting you know that i'm doing my small part from my heart to yours
    hope things look up for the two of you
    we're here whenever you need us
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    new day,hope that brings good news..one step at the time..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150

Thanks for checking in. This site is my strength. The emotional aspect is very overwhelming at this point. She is so tired of going through all of this. The tears are hard to hold back more and more as time passes and the anticipation grows as the crossroad gets closer. On Monday the 30 we will find out if the antibiotics have worked or not. The treatment of the meds last six weeks and as of the four week period the 3 1/2 inch infection was still very dominantly in her heart. So the rest of this week is very crucial to her healing. Thank you and everybody for your strength and support. I am barely keeping it together at this point. It is so hard to see Shawna like this. I don't think I could make it if something happens to her. She is my heart, soul mate and the reason why my life is so good. When I met her almost 10 years ago she saved me from myself. Gave me the light to see through the darkness to the other side. She made me successful and the man I am today. Please keep us in your thoughts for these days are hard to imagine.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SxDx1982 wrote:
    Hi... I just wanted to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I know someone who is on dialysis, and while it isn't as scary as what you guys are going through, it's still something that I can't stop worrying about, because I know that my friend is going to have to have transplant surgery at some point.
    I know it's hard, but you have to trust the doctors. The person who called you could even be lying, some people get real bitter about things and blame the doctors even when it's not their fault.

Love & Light,

Marja

Very good point. People who suffer are sometimes blinded by the reality of truth. People mean well but the mind can be hazed when they are in a state of love and trust. Thank you for your light maybe it'll help me see a little more clearer today.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Vedderlover1, Best wishes to you and your family will life bring you and yours the happiness and fulfillment that you so truly deserve.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    i'm just seeing this tonight

Hi there, It's nice hearing from you again. You were there for us in thoughts when all this first started. Thank you for your kind words and reminder of how much support is here. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    paysonites wrote:

Thanks for checking in. This site is my strength. The emotional aspect is very overwhelming at this point. She is so tired of going through all of this. The tears are hard to hold back more and more as time passes and the anticipation grows as the crossroad gets closer. On Monday the 30 we will find out if the antibiotics have worked or not. The treatment of the meds last six weeks and as of the four week period the 3 1/2 inch infection was still very dominantly in her heart. So the rest of this week is very crucial to her healing. Thank you and everybody for your strength and support. I am barely keeping it together at this point. It is so hard to see Shawna like this. I don't think I could make it if something happens to her. She is my heart, soul mate and the reason why my life is so good. When I met her almost 10 years ago she saved me from myself. Gave me the light to see through the darkness to the other side. She made me successful and the man I am today. Please keep us in your thoughts for these days are hard to imagine.
    now,you have one more in tears after read that....

i know is hard to imagine...but i believe in miracles..ill wait for the next miracle at Monday 30th
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    paysonites wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

Hi there, It's nice hearing from you again. You were there for us in thoughts when all this first started. Thank you for your kind words and reminder of how much support is here. :D

always with you
    hang in there
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    paysonites wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

always with you
    hang in there

:D:D +10,000
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited January 2012
    Even though the battle may be long, and often appear to be bigger than you both, if you make sure every step is a step forward and a step together, you will make your way through this difficult path. Sometimes the road may be far longer and bumpier than you wish, but you are already further along that path than you were a month ago, and closer to the destination. Stay positive and look at how far you've come rather than how far you have to go.

In the 'immortal' words of Rocky Balboa

"Life will bring you to your knees and keep you there. Permanently. If you let it.
    It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit. And keep moving forward.
    Keep moving forward.
    If you know what you're worth, go out and get it. But you have to be willing to take the hit. "
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Vedderlover1, Best wishes to you and your family will life bring you and yours the happiness and fulfillment that you so truly deserve.

You truly are an amazing man to say such kind words and be thinking of my family when yours is in such turmoil. Every morning brings new hope and a fresh start. Your wife is a lucky woman to have found such a selfless life partner. Continued healing thoughts for your hearts, bodies and souls.
    Amy
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:

now,you have one more in tears after read that....

i know is hard to imagine...but i believe in miracles..ill wait for the next miracle at Monday 30th

Thank you for your compassion it feels like an energizing strength today. Mornings are hard for me but all I have to do is come here.. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Even though the battle may be long, and often appear to be bigger than you both, if you make sure every step is a step forward and a step together, you will make your way through this difficult path. Sometimes the road may be far longer and bumpier than you wish, but you are already further along that path than you were a month ago, and closer to the destination. Stay positive and look at how far you've come rather than how far you have to go.

In the 'immortal' words of Rocky Balboa

"Life will bring you to your knees and keep you there. Permanently. If you let it.
    It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit. And keep moving forward.
    Keep moving forward.
    If you know what you're worth, go out and get it. But you have to be willing to take the hit. "

Good morning,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to you here. It's probably because I've been reading it over and over each time I've come on here. You've got a gift with words your son is very lucky to have you. Very strengthening, very eye opening....I used to think that leaving my past behind was a good idea but for now it is that light to help break through this haze. You're right we've made it through a lot here and we're going to make it the rest of the way.

Who would of thought that so many years later R.B.'s words could be delivered once again and in this way. Thank you again for your strengthening words and kindness. You have no idea how much it means to me right now. :D

John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:

You truly are an amazing man to say such kind words and be thinking of my family when yours is in such turmoil. Every morning brings new hope and a fresh start. Your wife is a lucky woman to have found such a selfless life partner. Continued healing thoughts for your hearts, bodies and souls.
    Amy

Your kindness truly overwhelmed me this morning. Mornings are difficult because of the long nights. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get to your thread. Prayers for you and Shawna for a positive outcome on the 30th.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get to your thread. Prayers for you and Shawna for a positive outcome on the 30th.

Oh, it's good to here from you. Now we're all here. Thank you for your prayers. Shawna's determined this morning to go to our son's award ceremony in about 40 min. He's 12 years old going on 15. He is an amazing and compassionate person. So we can't wait to find out what he's being acknowledged for. Have a great day...
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Oh, it's good to here from you. Now we're all here. Thank you for your prayers. Shawna's determined this morning to go to our son's award ceremony in about 40 min. He's 12 years old going on 15. He is an amazing and compassionate person. So we can't wait to find out what he's being acknowledged for. Have a great day...
    Wow, a surprise award? Is this from school? That's awesome, congratulations. You and Shawna must be so proud of him.

Funny how some kids are just old souls, I was one of those. Enjoy the day, take things one day at a time.
  • Options
    Just saying good morning
    Its going to be a wonderful day
    Awards and all
    maybe even lunch? if she's up to it
    I've got a feelin' a feelin' deep inside..oh yeah...
    Make the best of today and every day
    Hugs,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    Sending my very best thoughts, prayers and vibes to Shawna and your family. It just crushses me to hear of your struggle. I hope that 2012 brings good health and an end to these difficult times.
    Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    paysonites wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Wow, a surprise award? Is this from school? That's awesome, congratulations. You and Shawna must be so proud of him.

Funny how some kids are just old souls, I was one of those. Enjoy the day, take things one day at a time.

Good morning,

Took a while to respond here we had a very busy and long day yesterday. Our son got a school pride award (safety,respectful,responsible). We are very proud of him. He's had a very tough year with all that is going on but we are as involved with him as ever. He is a very gentle,funny and loving person.... :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:

Good morning,

Took a while to respond here we had a very busy and long day yesterday. Our son got a school pride award (safety,respectful,responsible). We are very proud of him. He's had a very tough year with all that is going on but we are as involved with him as ever. He is a very gentle,funny and loving person.... :D

that's awesome! a great kid
    hope today is a good day too :)
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    StillHere wrote:
    Just saying good morning
    Its going to be a wonderful day
    Awards and all
    maybe even lunch? if she's up to it
    I've got a feelin' a feelin' deep inside..oh yeah...
    Make the best of today and every day
    Hugs,
    jo

You are so sweet..Thanks for keeping in touch.
    We had a great morning. It was a lot of fun watching him
    get his award. We really enjoyed it.
    You've really got to soak in those special moments
    That is what makes life so special... :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Sending my very best thoughts, prayers and vibes to Shawna and your family. It just crushses me to hear of your struggle. I hope that 2012 brings good health and an end to these difficult times.
    Jamie

Thank you for your support..
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Another short update...

We found out yesterday through her home healthcare nurse that with all of the people involved with Shawna's antibiotics that her treatment was not at therapeutic levels. The first week was good but the last four weeks or so her dose was only at half of what it should of been. Her trough levels should of been between (15-20) for the full 6 weeks. The reality is that the levels were right around 9-10 most of the time. Which means her treatment on the IV antibiotics was way to weak and chances are the medicine did not have a chance to serve its purpose. They've upped her medicine to a more beneficial amount but we feel it's a little to late.

It would take a miracle right now for that infection to have cleared up so we're preparing ourselves for some bad news come Monday morning. It's frustrating living in such a small town and no matter how much you fight for the best care, double check the docs,nurses in the end you just have to deal with the cards you are dealt.

I just wish she/we could catch a break somewhere. Nobody should have to go through what my wife has gone through the first year and a half of being married. She deserves all of the goodness that life has to offer. I wish I could just take this and all of her pain away. I'm so tired of seeing her suffer. I am so saddened by her pain and continued hardships. Yes, I know life will get better at some point. That's what the goal is and we will get there no matter what it takes
    Post edited by paysonites on
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Another short update...

We found out yesterday through her home healthcare nurse that with all of the people involved with Shawna's antibiotics that her treatment was not at therapeutic levels. The first week was good but the last four weeks or so her dose was only at half of what it should of been. Her trough levels should of been between (15-20) for the full 6 weeks. The reality is that the levels were right around 9-10 most of the time. Which means her treatment on the IV antibiotics was way to weak and chances are the medicine did not have a chance to serve its purpose. They've upped her medicine to a more beneficial amount but we feel it's a little to late.

It would take a miracle right now for that infection to have cleared up so we're preparing ourselves for some bad news come Monday morning. It's frustrating living in such a small town and no matter how much you fight for the best care, double check the docs,nurses in the end you just have to deal with the cards you are dealt.

I just wish she/we could catch a break somewhere. Nobody should have to go through what my wife has gone through the first year and a half of being married. She deserves all of the goodness that life has to offer. I wish I could just take this and all of her pain away. I'm so tired of seeing her suffer. I am so saddened by her pain and continued hardships. Yes, I know life will get better at some point. I just hope we'll be okay by the time we make it through all of this.

a therapeutic dose can still work its magic
    you've got to believe in that
    there's always time
    hugs
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    Not really an update on Shawna just some thoughts.........
    I know it is really hard to understand and to relate to what has happened. It hasn't even sunk in for myself. Going from getting married a year and a half ago to having our lives torn into many many pieces. This is truly as bad as it gets. Shawna is at a pain level of around an 8 all the time. I am a total mess myself. I can't bare to watch her go through this all the time. It is emotionally,physically and mentally draining on all of us. All I know is you haven't seen strength until you've seen Shawna over the past year. I can't believe how strong she is. She's made it through three major surgeries and remained positive through all of them. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of how hard it's been and how hard it's going to be in the coming months possibly a year. I know that at this point we can not look at the road ahead but we can only look at how far we have traveled. These are truly desperate times. I thought I loved this woman more than anything on the day we got married. I was wrong. This past year and a half has sent my wife and I on a whirlwind of a journey. It feels like 10 years have past by in this short time with every heartfelt tear and cherished hug that has helped us in getting through. I/we have learned so much about our relationship. Through all of the hospital stays in which we've had together six in five years. We never left each others side. The love that has been created between her an I is more powerful than I ever thought possible. Even as a child and you have that dream to fall in love and find that special somebody. The overwhelming magic that one feels. It's 1000 times more powerful. Something incredible has happened through all of this and it is unstoppable, powerful, strengthening and has created this beautiful bond that has completely overtaken our family. There is an amazing atmosphere around us that feels almost like new air, sunshine through the darkest of clouds or the break of a new day. I don't know... It's hard to explain but when we have those moments of clarity amongst the pain and suffering it is the most amazing feeling I've ever felt. I just hope it becomes powerful enough to take away her pain, sickness and heal...heal...heal...her heart, mind and body. Oh, and about being wrong about our love on that day. To be honest I did love her more than anything. I just never knew what beauty,strength, and unconditional love that would be created and recreated through our test of time. I haven't even expressed a fraction of how I feel about my wife.

I Love You baby....
    Your devoted husband..... John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    I know it is really hard to understand and to relate to what has happened. It hasn't even sunk in for myself. Going from getting married a year and a half ago to having our lives torn into many many pieces. This is truly as bad as it gets. Shawna is at a pain level of around an 8 all the time. I am a total mess myself. I can't bare to watch her go through this all the time. It is emotionally,physically and mentally draining on all of us. All I know is you haven't seen strength until you've seen Shawna over the past year. I can't believe how strong she is. She's made it through three major surgeries and remained positive through all of them. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of how hard it's been and how hard it's going to be in the coming months possibly a year. I know that at this point we can not look at the road ahead but we can only look at how far we have traveled. These are truly desperate times. I thought I loved this woman more than anything on the day we got married. I was wrong. This past year and a half has sent my wife and I on a whirlwind of a journey. It feels like 10 years have past by in this short time with every heartfelt tear and cherished hug that has helped us in getting through. I/we have learned so much about our relationship. Through all of the hospital stays in which we've had together six in five years. We never left each others side. The love that has been created between her an I is more powerful than I ever thought possible. Even as a child and you have that dream to fall in love and find that special somebody. The overwhelming magic that one feels. It's 1000 times more powerful. Something incredible has happened through all of this and it is unstoppable, powerful, strengthening and has created this beautiful bond that has completely overtaken our family. There is an amazing atmosphere around us that feels almost like new air, sunshine through the darkest of clouds or the break of a new day. I don't know... It's hard to explain but when we have those moments of clarity amongst the pain and suffering it is the most amazing feeling I've ever felt. I just hope it becomes powerful enough to take away her pain, sickness and heal...heal...heal...her heart, mind and body. Oh, and about being wrong about our love on that day. To be honest I did love her more than anything. I just never knew what beauty,strength, and unconditional love that would be created and recreated through our test of time. I haven't even expressed a fraction of how I feel about my wife.

I Love You baby....

this sounds cliche, i know
    but you see....despite all the pain and suffering you've both been through
    all of this has allowed you to know the true meaning of love
    and i, for one, am so happy that you are experiencing that love
    not everyone...probably very few of us...ever really have true powerful unconditional love
    and love does heal all
    hugs
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    That's beautiful John. Shawna is blessed to have someone as adoring and loving as yourself.
    All my best,
    Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    John, I don't have anything wise to say. Just want to let you know I'm here and your words really touched me. A friend of mine who's wife was battling cancer told me that it is good to feel even if sometimes those feelings are not good ones, it makes you appreciate and cherish the wonderful things that you do have. I don't know if that helps you at all but it helped me a lot.

xx
    Su May
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    paysonites wrote:

I Love You baby....

this sounds cliche, i know
    but you see....despite all the pain and suffering you've both been through
    all of this has allowed you to know the true meaning of love
    and i, for one, am so happy that you are experiencing that love
    not everyone...probably very few of us...ever really have true powerful unconditional love
    and love does heal all
    hugs

Thank you..Thank you...Thank you.....Your hugs are felt :D:D
    John and Shawna