Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    So sorry you and your wife are going through all of this. Positive vibes and thoughts sent your way!! I hope you know how many people are thinking of you and I hope the loving support provides both of you with a little peace and comfort.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Hey there John & Shawna. I've looked at this thread a couple of times but was never sure what to say which is pathetic of me when all I needed to say is please accept my love & good wishes from the other side of the globe in your difficult time. SO many people around here thinking of you guys, sending the biggest hopes to you both. Know that is with you. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    my best wishes to the both of you , keep your chin's up , everything will be ok

if there is anything i can do to help please get in touch
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Nothing but good vibes and positive energy headed your way today. You are both special people and stronger than you think! You will be in my thoughts!

Pamela
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    shep wrote:
    arq wrote:
    I've been always an observer of this thread but not anymore, please know that you have more people rooting for your family than just the people who post, I'm happy to call a lot of people here in the board my extended family and I know is the same with you :thumbup:

^^^this.

I want to send all my happy vibes to you guys today... you deserve it - may your strength pull you through.
    And add me to this.

I'm amazed at how positive you both are after going through so much. I'm so glad you feel encouraged from the posts you read here but like arq said, many more people are wishing for all the best for your family. I know you will get through this, even if some days seem tough.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Hey John, hey Shawna,

Dimitrispearljam made me aware of this post. I can clearly see why. I'm so sorry that fate is hitting you that heard and at such a young age.

I really, really, really hope that luck is on your side and that Shawna will get better soon and that life will turn around once again but this time for the better.

I think of both of you and wish you that both of you will be able to see Pearl Jam concerts again!

Best,

Nastasja
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    still thinking of you guys. Hope all is well.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Living this, it's hard to see past it ... I know from my own time,

but what came from that time, the most beautiful thing...
    how much closer JB and I grew.
    Our trust and faith, devotion, loyalty ... it is through the tough times
    that these grow and we keep forever, no matter what and this is living.

You both are in my thoughts and prayers...

hold tight to each other, love will see you through
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I sent a small something to stillhere here a few days ago....It wasnt much, but I hope it helps in some way...I wish you nothing but the best! scott
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    arq wrote:
    I've been always an observer of this thread but not anymore, please know that you have more people rooting for your family than just the people who post, I'm happy to call a lot of people here in the board my extended family and I know is the same with you :thumbup:

I don't think I can say it better than arq did. You have a large 10C family who are thinking about you and sending there support (far more than just the 17 pages of posts).

Sending good vibes your way. :D:D
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Sending positive vibes your way...you are not alone! We are all praying for both of you. I've seen how amazing this community is...please know that we're all here for you to help in any way we can!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Better days are coming. Thoughts & prayers are still with you guys.

If there's anything we can do to brighten your day, just say the word!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    shep wrote:
    arq wrote:

^^^this.

I want to send all my happy vibes to you guys today... you deserve it - may your strength pull you through.

The same thoughts are reflected here in Scotland. I have to be honest and say I've seen this thread title pop up and not read it as it looked like an update of old news but I've sat up and taken notice now thanks to a very caring board member we all know and love... ;)

It sounds like you've been having a hell of a time there and having read every page of this thread it's great to see that massive moral support is coming your way in the typical spirit of this community. There's a lot of hardship and heartache around for sure but I've seen these stories turn around for the better and I think yours will have a happy ever after too. Keep digging in and doing exactly as you are now. I have nothing but respect for what you are doing and with a little bit of better fortune you can look back on this with a great sense of relief. Like others have said, if there's ever anything more that can be done then you're in the perfect community to recieve whatever you wish. I know some amazing people on here and I know how quickly they can rally support. Don't feel alone and don't be afraid to ask for anything.

The sun will rise another day.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Sending positive thoughts your way.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Thinking of you both and sending positive vibes your way
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    morello wrote:
    Hey there John & Shawna. I've looked at this thread a couple of times but was never sure what to say which is pathetic of me when all I needed to say is please accept my love & good wishes from the other side of the globe in your difficult time. SO many people around here thinking of you guys, sending the biggest hopes to you both. Know that is with you. :)

I echo this sentiment. I too have seen this thread and never known what to say.

Hearts and thoughts John & Shawna
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    boyo79 wrote:
    morello wrote:

I echo this sentiment. I too have seen this thread and never known what to say.

Hearts and thoughts John & Shawna

Me too, is always hard to know what to say without sounding trite. But we are all pulling for you guys and sending as many positive thoughts as we can out into the universe
    x
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    Good morning John and Shawna!
    Its a beautiful and sunny morning here in Vienna...and it makes me think that it should be the same for all of us! Really hope your tough times come to an end very soon and that you're able to enjoy the bright side of life! all my best wishes go out to you both!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    have a good Sunday..John & Shawna

we love you guys!!!!

:)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Hoping your Sunday is peaceful and beautiful. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    You are all in my thoughts...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hello you two,

Don't seem to get on the board much these days, but thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Sending some positive thoughts and energy from a very chilly Cumbria. Hang on in there x
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    John & Shawna---

Hope you guys are having a great day!!!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John & Shawna---

Matt

Here's some more positive vibes from Texas :D

Hope today is brighter than yesterday. :mrgreen:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    shep wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John & Shawna---

Matt

Here's some more positive vibes from Texas :D

Hope today is brighter than yesterday. :mrgreen:

More Good Vibes from Texas. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Just managed to get through all the 18+ pages and im left speachless...

Wish Shawna and you, John, all the best, all the strenght you could possibly find. I keep my thoughts with you. I hope everything will be ok, one day ...

Ales
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Hey John and Shawna,
    Hope things are looking up today! And good luck tomorrow...
    Please let us know how it's going when you have time.

Hugs to you both!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Waiting to hear good news that the weekend went well and Shawna is improving steadily. :D

Great big vibes and hugs sent your way.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Good evening,

Well we have had a very long 24 hours or so. Shawna's pain levels got out of control and we had to go to the E.R. We got home late and due to my worrying I didn't sleep until late this afternoon. Shawna is doing a little bit better this evening. Tomorrow is a big day we're going to find out how her heart is doing around 1:30 in the afternoon. If all goes well then she'll get the cardiac clearance she needs to set up her final back surgery. Then it'll be recovery time, physical therapy and then slowly but thankfully back to life.

We were in tears today when we got on here and saw all of your posts :cry:. Tears of joy and happiness were running down our faces. We don't even know where to start with this. We have never in five years had so much support. We have family but they all live out of town and out of state. It is hard to connect due to so many circumstances involved.They are all there if we need them and we are definitely loved and on plenty of prayer chains. All we know is that you all have been so kind, supportive, compassionate, loving and have really shown us what humanity is all about. We are completely humbled, gracious and in total awe about all of this. You people are the greatest people anywhere.

We have been through the worst of it all with you right by our side. The ups the downs, the good times and all of the bad times. We really feel a sense of family "JAMILY" that seems to always be here when we need you to the most. Shawna and I were reading an inspirational e-mail earlier and it was talking about beliefs with breath taking photos. One of the statements completely stuck out like it was meant for all of you. It says:

I BELIEVE YOUR LIFE CAN BE CHANGED IN A MATTER OF HOURS BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU...

That explains exactly what has happened in the past 24 hours/year and a half to Shawna and I. You guy's and gal's are so special to us. You are amazing people. For you to take time out of your lives to dig deep and share with us such love and inspiration is beyond what we've ever known. For you to unconditionally reach out and lend us your ear, heart and always be there to comfort us. In our darkest of times is something that will always stay with us through the years and the tests of time. We are so thankful of your continued support. You have given us strength and kept us on a positive path. We don't know what lies ahead for Shawna and I but we do know that we are loved. We know that we WILL make it through all of this and one day be able to give back to this community.

Here's and cheers to all of you..
    Thank you for everything...
    All of our thoughts are of you tonight.

John and Shawna :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Good to hear things are looking up. Digging up some more vibes and sending them your way...continuous channel open to you :)

Can't wait to hear the new test results!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~