Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    igotid_8 wrote:
    I'm a little late to the party but my thoughts are with family, John and Shawna! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks so much Igotid,

We hope you and yours have a very special Thanksgiving as well.....
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon peeps,

What a fantastic solo show by the most amazing front man in rock music. His voice was so crisp and clear. His energy seemed to flow right into the audience. He had some friends in the audience including Shawna and I 8-).Being the second state on his tour he really delivered. Their was a friend of his that was in the movie "Into the Wild". He was that big, burly, long haired hippie river dude that which if you saw the movie you would definitely remember that character :lol: . Lots of laughs he was invited on stage from "Off of the Colorado river". Welcomed with an opened log fire on stage to warm him up from the Arizona winter weather cold. with a starry night background, a chair and a lot of warmth from Eddie. He really knows how to treat his good friends ;) . A few songs serenaded his buddy and really made the crowd feel at home.

The show was absolutely fantastic with all of our favorites even the song "Falling slowly " which made my wife cry and eventually due to the moment myself followed in a musical emotional bliss. Mingled with a lady named Paula who was so touched by the concert. Losing her mother not that long ago the songs really seemed to touch her in such a healing way. She by the way recommended a movie called "Once" which had Glen Hansard/Eddie's music in the movie.Plus Glen we heard had a role in the movie as well. We all laughed, sang, teared of joy and rocked harder than in previous solo shows.

The Ten Club really took care of us. Meaning at the last minute we asked if there were any ADA seating left since my wife was in a wheel chair. Within minutes a set of ADA tickets appeared with better seating than we had before. They are such amazing and dedicated people. Thank you Ten Club ladies and gents. for taking care of my wife and I.

Again, great people at the show we are just saddened that we were unable to attend the pr-party due to pain issues. It was a very special night..

All of our best,
    John and Shawna :D:D

Oh yeah, Our internet is back :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon peeps,

What a fantastic solo show by the most amazing front man in rock music. His voice was so crisp and clear. His energy seemed to flow right into the audience. He had some friends in the audience including Shawna and I 8-).Being the second state on his tour he really delivered. Their was a friend of his that was in the movie "Into the Wild". He was that big, burly, long haired hippie river dude that which if you saw the movie you would definitely remember that character :lol: . Lots of laughs he was invited on stage from "Off of the Colorado river". Welcomed with an opened log fire on stage to warm him up from the Arizona winter weather cold. with a starry night background, a chair and a lot of warmth from Eddie. He really knows how to treat his good friends ;) . A few songs serenaded his buddy and really made the crowd feel at home.

The show was absolutely fantastic with all of our favorites even the song "Falling slowly " which made my wife cry and eventually due to the moment myself followed in a musical emotional bliss. Mingled with a lady named Paula who was so touched by the concert. Losing her mother not that long ago the songs really seemed to touch her in such a healing way. She by the way recommended a movie called "Once" which had Glen Hansard/Eddie's music in the movie.Plus Glen we heard had a role in the movie as well. We all laughed, sang, teared of joy and rocked harder than in previous solo shows.

The Ten Club really took care of us. Meaning at the last minute we asked if there were any ADA seating left since my wife was in a wheel chair. Within minutes a set of ADA tickets appeared with better seating than we had before. They are such amazing and dedicated people. Thank you Ten Club ladies and gents. for taking care of my wife and I.

Again, great people at the show we are just saddened that we were unable to attend the pr-party due to pain issues. It was a very special night..

All of our best,

I'm so glad you were able to make the show! I'm sorry we weren't able to meet at the pre-party. Hopefully there will be a Phx PJ show next year where no ADA seating is needed.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 499
    paysonites wrote:
    igotid_8 wrote:
    I'm a little late to the party but my thoughts are with family, John and Shawna! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks so much Igotid,

We hope you and yours have a very special Thanksgiving as well.....

You can call me Bill. I had my own troubles and tribulations over the last year, and the PJ fans helped me through it - I'm sure they will do the same for you!

Bill
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon peeps,

All of our best,

I'm so glad you were able to make the show! I'm sorry we weren't able to meet at the pre-party. Hopefully there will be a Phx PJ show next year where no ADA seating is needed.

Yeah,we were looking forward to meeting you and others but we'll look forward to the next pr-party. Hopefully it won't be as long of a wait compared to last time. Thanks for checking in with us....Peace to you and yours
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Yay! I'm so happy to see your post and to read about the awesome time you both had at the show.
    I've been thinking about you both a lot during the past month, as I have been dealing with doctors and hospitals with my mom's health issues. You have amazing strength to have been going through all this for as long as you have. My thoughts are with you as you continue on the road to recovery. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    paysonites wrote:
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon peeps,

All of our best,

Oh yeah, Our internet is back :D:D
    stay stronge buddy...hope the same way internet came back,health and all backto normal life comes soon..
    much love
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Hope you guys had a good weekend and have some fun plans for Turkey Day with the kids!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glad to hear from you and see that you two were able to enjoy an incredible evening with Ed. Wishing you all the very best and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Peace & Love,
    Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    much love...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    much love...
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    good thoughts are with you guys. hope you have a great thanksgiving!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Hope the Turkey Day was a good one and that you have a great week coming up. Thinking of you guys again today and wishing you the best!
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    much love...
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    John & Shawna,
    I just caught up with what's been going on with you guys.
    It's great to hear Shawna is doing better and has started her PT. I'm sure that gives you hope the healing will be steady and quick.
    Seeing Ed's solo show must have given the two of you a BIG boost! :D I've had the pleasure of seeing him several times and it's always been amazing and emotionally healing.

Sorry I've been away for a while... both my parents and my sister have had very serious medical issues all at the same time. They're all getting better now although my Mom still has a few more chemo treatments to go.She should be OK when they are complete.

Being without the internet must have been very frustrating. :cry:
    It's really comforting to get an update from you because we were getting quite concerned.
    I hope work continues picking up and you have a nice holiday season. :)

Much love, Karen
  • Options
    OH GREAT!!! a shining monent for all the trials your family has been thru. I was wondering if the concert came true for you both. I saw EV twice in Austin Nov 9 and 11. Preparty Nov 11. The best two nites of my whole entire life. Was entaining Dallas or San Antonio, Austin was so awesome and amazing. That's how you describe a EV solo show. Life Changing :-)

Welcome back to real life :-)

Shannon
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • Options
    John & Shawna
    much love!!!all the best!!!
  • Options
    Good evening,

Well it's been to long since I've been on here last. To be honest, it has been very very hard to come here and post. Things are getting worse really quick and the stress of it all has put me into severe depression. I feel like if we didn't have any more bad news we wouldn't have any news at all.

Being at wits end with it all I tried having a yard sale on Saturday. Things were going really good until my wife came from around a corner of the front yard and blacked out. During the episode she took a bad fall. When she came to she remained incoherent for an hour before I decided to take her to the E.R. It turned out her blood sugar was low causing the confusion and dizziness. It may be a symptom of her recent diagnoses of Polytheistic Ovary Disease. Which is pr-Diabetes. Along with all that her stomach is extremely bloated and she thinks her Ovary's are hurting. With a doctors appointment tomorrow and an ultrasound on her stomach in a week hopefully we'll find out what the heck is going on. I mean she has been drowsy, nauseated, vomiting, dizzy, extreme pain in her back, sweats, extreme shaking but no fever. She has been really suffering.

I have been going crazy with trying to get her relief and research on the computer. I've never been so depressed it seems. I can't stand watching her suffer. Unfortunately P.T. only lasted one time and she suffered for about a week and a half afterwards. Life is getting really hard my friends. I can't bring myself to reach out to anyone other than you guy's. I know it may sound ridiculous but the depression has it's grasp on me.

I am not asking for charity when I tell you that Christmas has been canceled this year in our house. Besides some items I have been saving for our boy's for later there's nothing more we can do. I beg of you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I don't know what to do anymore and Shawna needs 24 hour care due to her blackouts and other issues.

If anybody has any ideas or advice on what to do here I/we are all ears. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking by our side for over three years now. I personally would of not made it without you. I really need some positive vibes sent our way for these are very desperate times.

I hope to give you some good news here one day I just don't know if that day will ever come.

John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    John....

So sorry to hear the latest news. You will all remain in our thoughts & prayers. If there's anything we can do, please let us know. Maybe there's a way we could help you guys have Christmas?

Keep your head up...You guys WILL get through this.

Matt & Laurel
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John....

So sorry to hear the latest news. You will all remain in our thoughts & prayers. If there's anything we can do, please let us know. Maybe there's a way we could help you guys have Christmas?

Matt & Laurel

Thank you both for your concern.
    I hope you are right about us making it through..
    I can't see it right now through all of the darkness but I still haven't let go of hope quite just yet.
    As long as we have each other that is all that matters.
    I just want her to be out of pain..I can't stand it anymore.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I need to reach for that limb that's going to boost me up enough to help me see clearly through all of this. Thank you..Thank you...

John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    John,
    I'm so sorry to hear about the recent turn of events. You both are in my thoughts every day. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
    Susan
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Hi John,

I am so sorry to get this update. Sending you a PM and there is no way Christmas for the boys is being cancelled. ;)

Every time you get smacked you guys come back stronger -- this will be another instance of that and continue the demonstration of how tough your family is.

We are thinking about you all.

Brett
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    paysonites wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John....

Matt & Laurel

I can't see it right now through all of the darkness but I still haven't let go of hope quite just yet.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I need to reach for that limb that's going to boost me up enough to help me see clearly through all of this. Thank you..Thank you...

John

You guys can't catch a break...
    This is horrible news. :( I'm so sorry Shawna has a whole new set of painful problems. It's especially cruel since things were finally beginning to look up.
    John, I don't blame you for feeling depressed and defeated, I can't imagine what you're going though.
    Please stay strong, you are your family's life line and they need you.
    Love and faith will help pull you though.
    I wish there were more I could do but know that we're all thinking of you and wishing for the best.
    Thank you for sharing.

Be strong... much love,
    Karen
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John....

Matt & Laurel

John
    John...stay stronge buddy..
    love ya..
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    John,
    I'm so sorry to hear about the recent turn of events. You both are in my thoughts every day. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
    Susan

Susan,

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and support. These weeks have been the hardest in quite a while and the depression is a very hard piece. Shawna and I have really felt the warmth from you. You are a very kind person. I'm glad to know that we have friends out there in PJ land.

All of our love to you and yours...
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Hi John,

I am so sorry to get this update. Sending you a PM and there is no way Christmas for the boys is being cancelled. ;)

Every time you get smacked you guys come back stronger -- this will be another instance of that and continue the demonstration of how tough your family is.

We are thinking about you all.

Brett

B and M,

You guy's are quite possibly the greatest people on Earth. Whenever things get tough we can always count on you to bring us back to a good place. We are always humbled by your kindness.

John and Shawna (and the boy's)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John....

Matt & Laurel

John

You guys can't catch a break...
    This is horrible news. :( I'm so sorry Shawna has a whole new set of painful problems. It's especially cruel since things were finally beginning to look up.
    John, I don't blame you for feeling depressed and defeated, I can't imagine what you're going though.
    Please stay strong, you are your family's life line and they need you.
    Love and faith will help pull you though.
    I wish there were more I could do but know that we're all thinking of you and wishing for the best.
    Thank you for sharing.

Be strong... much love,
    Karen

Karen,

You don't have to be concerned about what you can do to help us. YOU just did it. Your words really mean a lot right now and I just can't keep up with my 12-13 hour day's anymore without taking a break. I feel really worn thin and I just need some downtime I guess. Six years of surgeries and hard times have taken its toll. I've been blessed with a very loving family and Jamily. That's the reason I carry on. Your kind words went straight to my heart. I need all of you right now and that's why I've decided to reach out again. Believe me it wasn't easy but I know it will help to bring me into focus again.

Much love,
    John and Shawna..
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    John....

Matt & Laurel

John
    John...stay stronge buddy..
    love ya..

The feelings mutual..thanks for your continued support.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Glad to hear from you and see that you two were able to enjoy an incredible evening with Ed. Wishing you all the very best and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Peace & Love,
    Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the well wishes and we both wish you the best during this holiday season...
    Your friends,
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    OH GREAT!!! a shining monent for all the trials your family has been thru. I was wondering if the concert came true for you both. I saw EV twice in Austin Nov 9 and 11. Preparty Nov 11. The best two nites of my whole entire life. Was entaining Dallas or San Antonio, Austin was so awesome and amazing. That's how you describe a EV solo show. Life Changing :-)

Welcome back to real life :-)

Shannon

Life changing it was..
    We did make it to the show. Unfortunately we missed the pr-party but they'll always be a next time. My my what an incredible show. The energy, Ed's jokes and rambles were so entertaining. Shawna and I had quite a few emotional moments which couldn't of come at a better time. Talked with at least five fans for a while in between. PJ fans are the most awesome people in the world..I did post some comments about the show a while back on the Phoenix Fan View thread or maybe it was this one. I'll have to search for a link when I get some more time.

Thank you Shannon for checking in on us. We really appreciate it.
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna