The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Congratulations Mr.and Mrs Gambs!! The future record holder for climbing mountains has been BORN!! Welcome to this crazy mixed up, but just perfectly messed up world Simon Levi. Your parents are about to show you all the greatest things in life. How to love, how to share, how to communicate, how to rest and deal with adversity, how to appreciate, color and sound. How to interpret the world via your own perspective. They will give you and teach you the most wonderous of things.. Be patient with them, you are their first. But most of all, when you are old enough to read this yourself, thank them for introducing you to Music. Welcome to the world, we can't wait to watch you grow up. I'm sure we'll hear plenty of stories of your silly antics.. We'll be praying for you; sending vibes of healing and comfort in your hours of pain, sickness, trials, and losses in life. We will also be here here to share in your joys, your victories, and accomplishments. Welcome to the world indeed. Rest up little one, for the school of life is now in session. And we can't wait to watch you grow!

Ps enjoy being a kid while you can!! And never lose your wonder. Glad you finally made it out! Even if they did have to 'evict' you!!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    CONGRATULATIONS LITTLE GAMBS-FAMILY!!!

Hope life will bring all the wonderful, good things to you... I´m sure it will be full of love and happyness!
    Great to hear your boundless joy gambs...
    got some wet eyes of joy while reading this! BIG SMILE!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CDO3qwTMxvU
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yall are sweet as peaches!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I never figured out how to put pictures on here...if anyone wants to do so for me (dont feel obligated at all!!!), PM me your email and I will send a few. Otherwise I will put a public link up to an album here in a few days.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Congrats on the healthy Gambsbino.So happy to hear Momma Gambs and Son are happy and healthy.Welcome to the Dad club Gambsy.I will be Toasting and roasting in your family's honor this evening.Cheers pal!!

Your a guitar guy,can we call him "SG"?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    What a little sweetie! Looks really good for just being born :smile: . You'll spend many hours just gazing down at him.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

What a little sweetie! Looks really good for just being born :smile: . You'll spend many hours just gazing down at him.

And brushing all that hair!
  • rgambs said:

I never figured out how to put pictures on here...if anyone wants to do so for me (dont feel obligated at all!!!), PM me your email and I will send a few. Otherwise I will put a public link up to an album here in a few days.

Sure!
    Good looking kid Gambsy.That hair is already Fall out Boy trendy.Damn was momma chugging rogaine?
    He's a little light on the beard,but all in good time.
    Congrats again.
    rgambs said:

Yall are sweet as peaches!

Peaches come from a can,
    They were put there by a man
    In a factory downtown
    If I had my little way,
    I'd eat peaches every day
    Sun-soakin' bulges in the shade
    Movin' to the country,
    Gonna eat a lot of peaches
    Movin' to the country,
    Gonna eat me a lot of peaches
    Movin' to the country,
    Gonna eat a lot of peaches
    Movin' to the country,
    Gonna eat a lot of peaches.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Congrats, Gambs! Simon is a lucky little guy to have you as a parent. Hope mom and baby are happy and healthy!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Great looking little guy you've got Gambs!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Wow Gambs...little Simon is a beauty...and yes, perfect hair...lol !
    Thanks folks, I keep telling him to enjoy that hair while it's on his head, all too soon it will migrate down to his back!
    How has the first day gone, gambs? Does it feel surreal or more real than ever?

Raising a glass to the little one (and to the end of a helluva week =) )!
    I will do this ^ tomorrow night...it´s just too late now...3:30am and I am still awake...

Good night and sweet dreams everybody !
    Both surreal and hyperreal lol
    Sleep is something I will sorely miss.
    Huh...I like that term - hyperreal.

You have a dog, yes? Assuming SG is home at this point, have the two met yet?
  • If any issues with the doggie do arise, I got your back!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Congratulations !!! So adorable :)
    We have 2 doggies, but we are still at the hospital. We leave today. I ttooka shirt with frwsh baby scent so they know him partially.
    rgambs said:

We have 2 doggies, but we are still at the hospital. We leave today. I ttooka shirt with frwsh baby scent so they know him partially.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BG-Ef07rNs8
    For some reason I thought of this.
    Hahahhaha i forgot about those commercials...thats good advertising right there!
  • rgambs said:

Very smart!! For the first part let them sniff it, and keep it in places they normally hang out. Then, start oracticing having them 'give space' away from the blanket. This helps them realize that scent means respect. Then when you bring baby home, enforce the give space rule as needed. Believe it or not, this will instantly engage their protective reflex. Another trick is to record the baby's cries on your phone, and play that for them, before baby comes home, so that they are familiar with that sound. If you play it and they get really excited, set the phone to repeat the sound while you correct the dogs. If they can't hear it without running around whining, make them
    Lie on their sides, and make them stay there.. This is a vulnerable position so
    They may argue a little with you. But keep at it til they can lie quietly and cally while listening to that sound. Then add the baby blanket. I usually wrap the phone in repeat, IN the blanket so the dogs out together that that scent will represent that noise.. But I honestly think your doggies will be just fine. Boundaries are an amazing thing in a dog's world.. The baby's room should be off limits, as should play pen areas. After the dogs show calm natures around the baby, then feel free to allow them to freely roam the house again! Again I think you guys will be fine.

When does little Simon get to come home?
  • Ok Duh! I just read the answer to my question! Lol
    They are good dogs, one is a lazy bum and the other is the protector. They have been given the shirt to sniff and then made to sit and sniff again, then treats if they are good and precise, so I will keep up with that and the space claiming as well. I don't anticipate problems, but they are under suspicion for awhile until they prove themselves lol
    Mama misses them, and we do not think our love for them has diminished at all, which I had heard of people saying.
    WH is our resident Cesar Milan!

I bet they'll adore him...and there's nothing like growing up with animals; it teaches and brings so much.

Anticipating photos of the little one flanked by them :bee:
  • hedonist said:

WH is our resident Cesar Milan!

I bet they'll adore him...and there's nothing like growing up with animals; it teaches and brings so much.

Anticipating photos of the little one flanked by them :bee:

I know!! How cute that will be! Just remember Gambs, the dogs can smell the baby the second you open the car door, regardless of their location. This includes behind closed doors. So they don't need to jump up to smell him. I say this because there will be a mixture of excitement brought on between you two returning home, and a heightened scent arising from the baby himself. So allow them to sniff while standing next to you, with n jumping up on you, or your wife. When you have the baby in your arms, the dogs have to give space, it is a respect issue. Your doggies don't want to hurt the little guy but they often don't realize that their excitement can do just that. Can't wait to see more pics!
    Time to smile and be blown away.My daughter just sent this link to me I had to share.I don't have Facebook,so it's just a link.Oh fucking cool.
    https://m.facebook.com/shane.simmons.351/posts/10153744568148265