The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    The thread on the Porch makes me hope whomever is going to that show will be treated to a version of this. Man! So intense and lovely in a stomach-punch kind of way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AIU-EHSnCc
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    hedonist said:

The thread on the Porch makes me hope whomever is going to that show will be treated to a version of this. Man! So intense and lovely in a stomach-punch kind of way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AIU-EHSnCc

I have hardly dared to venture to the Porch the past few days - the whineorrhea drove me away.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Aside from a handful of posts, I've been pretty much just often reading (!) over there, since it's been awhile since purchasing merchandise or going for tickets.

Nice to see some good scores and energy there though.
  • It's weird. I used to post over there a lot.. Then I gradually moved over to AET. And surprisingly, HERE. I used to avoid this place like the plague.. It has mellowed out since, and I love the lounge car. I can come and chat with you lovely folks jnbetween
    Debates. I just know better than to get too embroiled in the debates.. I have too much emotion and not enough logic to participate there. But this place, ( the lounge car) is a cool way to get to visit with those of you that spend most over your forums time over here in AMT. Perfect sense of balance. :-) happy hump day everyone!! We're almost to Friday!!
    Oh, I dig all of this train's cars - passengers too.

Side question, as I didn't want to start a thread in the tech section...anyone else getting an off-view when hitting the main "forum" button? Like for AMT, it keeps showing a thread/responder from hours earlier (hello, jeffbr!) but with the latest time of posting on the actual last thread responded to.
    Hey! Been one week since SLG made his full-headed entrance.

For you, gambs - he may not always be your youngest son, but for now - he is :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fvKr8MOlJI

hedonist said:

Side question, as I didn't want to start a thread in the tech section...anyone else getting an off-view when hitting the main "forum" button? Like for AMT, it keeps showing a thread/responder from hours earlier (hello, jeffbr!) but with the latest time of posting on the actual last thread responded to.

Yes. The "last post" is inaccurate in my view, too. I didn't think to post on it, though, since I always assume I'm just doing something technologically wrong.
    I thought the same at first, then knew it wasn't a me thing when on a different computer.

Hello, mods! Any word?

I know you two occasionally hop on and sneak / buy drinks :bee:
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015

hedonist said:

Yes. The "last post" is inaccurate in my view, too. I didn't think to post on it, though, since I always assume I'm just doing something technologically wrong.
    This is an OLD SCHOOL format, that Vanilla software has 'tweaked' by adding html code that allows for 'current' updates.. Somehow that is off.. Hence the thread lasted posted in part being off. That's as simply as I can explain that. But... I can say, just go go that subforum first anyways, if it's not an updated page of current thread participation a, then something is WAY the fuck off! Cause ALL BBS system formats refresh on 'entry' to eachForum/ subforum. Be glad for this version. Back in the day when I first started posting in BBS, we had to exit the entire board, and re-enter to update it!! There was no reload current page.. We typed in our exits and entrances.. God this is much easier.. Sorry for the rambling..Lol
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015
    I believe I have just had my longest run in a debate, without losing my shit on someone and going verbally ballistic! Lol and surprisingly enough it was over religion! Hahaha! How crazy is that?? Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Here's to short work days, and long weekends!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

Strange! I never really paid attention to that! I guess I'll start watching it, and see if any sense can be made.

Happy Friday to fellow travelers on the Train!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    To Simon Levi G´s daddy...
    I know you are busy to shepherd and stare at your little offspring... :how_interesting: but I think it´s time for some news about little Simon! :blush:
    Maybe we can get a new picture...? :innocent:
    Would like to hear how the little family is doing!

Cheers to you loungers... I got me a glass with excellent red liquid, so what do you drink this evening?
    Cheers to you too kce8! However, only 2:24 where I am so it's tea time :smile: The good red liquid will come later.

Cheers to you too kce8! However, only 2:24 where I am so it's tea time :smile: The good red liquid will come later.

Aaahhh, it´s 11:42pm here... so you have to start early...lol ...or it will be a long night for me...
    Ok, I can make it till 2:30am as usual... :triumph::wink:

What´s on the turntable tonight?

And on which train did we lost brianlux?
    kce8 said:

Aaahhh, it´s 11:42pm here... so you have to start early...lol ...or it will be a long night for me...

I don't think we've lost him; I just think some things hit harder than others.

My current soundtrack is the rain on the roof and the birds in the trees, but things may change in a bit...

kce8 said:

I don't think we've lost him; I just think some things hit harder than others.

My current soundtrack is the rain on the roof and the birds in the trees, but things may change in a bit...
    Well, I just read the thread NoWords...I didn´t knew this as I asked where he got lost... it was just a joke because I thought he wasn´t at the lounge very often the last time...
    Hoped he would join his train´s car a little bit more often.
    And he´s right...we need more people who stand up for their beliefs!

Cheers! brianlux
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    He looks very content - and he's grown since your last photo!
    The cheeks!
    He´s so beautiful...
    Thank you for the picture, looks so adorable!
    Peaceful...
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Is it just me or does SGs hair grow like an inch a day.
    edited April 2015
    Hope everyone has a bad ass weekend.

Music is on tap for the RRs.Up in Jacksonville at the Welcome To Rockville Festival.Its a well done fest and great people watching.

Check out the line up.
    http://welcometorockvillefestival.com/lineup/
    Some new,old ,young and up and coming.I always like checking out the bands that are just getting a break and starting out.

Peace Ya'll
    Manson and Slash! I like some of Korn's stuff too.

Hope you and the Mrs. enjoy, rr!
    Looks like a lot of fun for you this weekend, rr.

Only one band made me laugh unintended... have you ever heard about `Butcher Babies´ before?
    Well, I might will google them...

All I can say is... let´s rock and shake the head (!) :wink:
    Have fun!
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys.Getting ready to head down and start my three day beer a thon at the Hotel bar.They have a nice little sports bar here to start pregaming.(Mr Green is here as well)
    Kce8 butcher Babies have some nice taste in clothing.Kinda interesting.lol
    kce8 said:

Looks like a lot of fun for you this weekend, rr.

Only one band made me laugh unintended... have you ever heard about `Butcher Babies´ before?
    Well, I might will google them...

All I can say is... let´s rock and shake the head (!) :wink:
    Have fun!

I love odd/unusual band names.

Apparently you're OK with "Upon a Burning Body" =)

I also just noticed the photo accompanying World Gone. Oh dear!

And rr, I totally missed that Godsmack is there too. They're one of the many bands my guy turned me on to.
    This so reminds me of Nothingman, Milan 2000 (wasn't there, but that gorgeous unity in voices singing loud; an anthem). Might've posted this before but worth a revisit - at least on my end.

I'm lucky I survived ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1QiIELI6Y0
    Now THIS is a sweet-ass way to enjoy an unexpectedly rainy Saturday afternoon!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7dGdrP3pms
    Congrats on the rain California.
    hedonist said:

Manson and Slash! I like some of Korn's stuff too.

Hope you and the Mrs. enjoy, rr!

So,we had two Tornado warning full evacuation of the grounds,plus lots of rain.A couple of bands had shorter sets and a couple like Fozzy and Scott Weiland got bumped all together.
    We still caught Some of our day one targets.Like a Storm(from New Zealand),Non point,Halestorm,Queensryche,Of Mice and Men,Manson and Stayed for half of korns set.

Mrs rr never was much of a M.Manson fan,until last night.He is so tortured and deranged in just the best way.What a great showman(in a scary carny type way).She is now a big fan,("Omg he's so gloriously troubled"mrs rr after the show)
    He killed it.
    Boy the Jesus freaks would not have enjoyed that show a bit.When he covered my own personal Jesus,it was something.
    Today looks like better weather. Looking forward to seeing Godmack,P Roach,Pretty Reckless,Slash and Slipknot today.
    Enjoy you Sunday.
    TWO evacuations? You Floridians are tough, much more than I.

Loved your Manson comments and read them to my husband - he gets it, as he was the one who introduced me to MM and now I'm a full-fledged fan.

Keep safe there!