The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2015
    hedonist said:

To quote Cheap Trick - "you're taking me back

My first concert was Eddie Money w/ Cheap Trick opening for them.
    My oldest brother took me because at the time "The Flame" was all over the radio.
    I was only 8 but I remember hearing that song and how awesome it was. The other guy (Money) I had no clue who he was. Twenty year later my brother informed me how drunk Money was and the concert sucked bigtime. The people were only there to see "The Flame" and "Don't be Cruel"
    This is not a shameless plug - this concert was in Regina.

Edit - 20 yrs after the concert, not meaning I am 28.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Guess I've got a few years on you - my first concert was KISS with Cheap Trick opening for them. 1977 or 78, I think.

Always thought they were such a talented and underrated band.

(Rick Neilsen actually responded to my fan letter back then! - yes, I sent those when I was 11 or 12-ish =) - I still have the postcard saved among my lovables)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    hedonist said:

Guess I've got a few years on you - my first concert was KISS with Cheap Trick opening for them. 1977 or 78, I think.

(Rick Neilsen actually responded to my fan letter back then! - yes, I sent those when I was 11 or 12-ish =) - I still have the postcard saved among my lovables)

Sounds great! You know who I used to write fan mail to when I was a kid? Authors! Yeah, I was and am a nerd :blush:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

hedonist said:

Sounds great! You know who I used to write fan mail to when I was a kid? Authors! Yeah, I was and am a nerd :blush:
    I bet they loved it! - and would gamble that any letter received from a kid with admiration (and maybe a few stars in their eyes) would more than make their day.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Cheap Trick really gets around.
    I also had Cheap Trick with UFO -West Palm Beach 79 as my first concert.Got 3 Rick Neilson picks.
    Those Black and White Cheap Trick Concert Jerseys were so cool.
    Oh, UFO! My sister turned me onto them right around that year, I think!

Lights Out - sweet memories of spinning that vinyl with her. Summertime.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    hedonist said:

Ah, no worries at all, rr! I did watch some Amazing Race later last evening though =)

oh.....looks like I could waste time here, too.

UFO - Rock Bottom....I assume you've seen flight to Mars?

My wife is a faithful amazing race watcher....I watch from time to time but the sameness of the contestants bugs me...."get me some gays; get me some nice boobs, etc"

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'm just a big fan of Phil, especially after watching an interview with him a few years ago. Pretty cool dude.

(and no, not seen Flight to Mars but have realized I should)

And! jeez, you sound much like my husband and I like your wife =)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Cruising on the Train while having a drink ;)
    Tasty!!!
    hedonist said:

I'm just a big fan of Phil, especially after watching an interview with him a few years ago. Pretty cool dude.

Phil, the amazing race dweeb????
    hedonist said:

uh, yeah.....

https://player.vimeo.com/video/22616399

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Just found out that The Eagles are touring again. But.... .I won't be going back again.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    We were discussing the same thing this weekend.I think we are going to pass on the Eagles this time around.

Now if Henley or Walsh Tour solo that would be different.
    imalive said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

uh, yeah.....

Yes to Phil - and I'll also admit I find him a bit attractive (where's the "shhh" emotifella?)

I will check out that link!
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    hedonist said:

That is very cool and very much like Rick. Not sure where you live but if his son Miles Nielsen and the Rusted Hearts comes to town near you must check out what he's got cooking. They are awesome and Miles puts on a amazing show. I went to college w/ Miles and spent numerous nights in Rockford w/ the Nielsen family on breaks. If you come to a show in Chicago and Rick is not touring you most likeky be able to meet Him since he goes to most of his sons Chicago shows. He is one of the most approachable Rock stars you will ever encounter. He would love your story.
    muskydan said:

hedonist said:

That is very cool and very much like Rick. Not sure where you live but if his son Miles Nielsen and the Rusted Hearts comes to town near you must check out what he's got cooking. They are awesome and Miles puts on a amazing show. I went to college w/ Miles and spent numerous nights in Rockford w/ the Nielsen family on breaks. If you come to a show in Chicago and Rick is not touring you most likeky be able to meet Him since he goes to most of his sons Chicago shows. He is one of the most approachable Rock stars you will ever encounter. He would love your story.
    Talk about cool! I'm in LA so it's not too unlikely his band has been here (or will be at some point). And yeah, Rick seems like a genuine, down to earth - and funny - guy.
    hedonist said:

muskydan said:

hedonist said:

Talk about cool! I'm in LA so it's not too unlikely his band has been here (or will be at some point). And yeah, Rick seems like a genuine, down to earth - and funny - guy.
    Funny is a understatement for him Hedo. At our annual father/son golf outing we had a rule that If on your tee-off and you don't get past the lady's tee on your drive you have to hit your next shot with your pants at your ankles. So Rick prepared himself for this rule and on the first tee he duffs his tee shot on purpose. Well since it was the first tee eveyone wanted to watch this rock star Hit a golf ball. So he approaches his second shot that Went about 10 feet, drops his drawers revealing one of those elephant snout thongs. The thing had big ears and everything...not gonna describe the snout...He then turned around to the 100 or so guys watching and did the herky jerky while air guitaring.....the place just erupted. By far the best round of golf I ever played in. My Dad talks about that everytime we tee them up togther. Then he went on to play a improptu set in our basements w/ Miles band at the time....oh to be 20 again
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    ^^^ "elephant snout thongs" haha! Never heard that before but that's hilarious, muskydan!

Have a good day loungers.

Cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

uh, yeah.....

Yes to Phil - and I'll also admit I find him a bit attractive (where's the "shhh" emotifella?)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Um, my brother-in-law had (and proudly wore strutted around in) one of those elephant thong-things. Not one of his finer moments, though he'll contest that assertion to this day.

(and imalive, oh no you didn't :angry: )
    muskydan said:

hedonist said:

Very cool Dan.I bet he's a super down to earth guy.I can't wait to see them again at wrigkey this summer.
    I will look out for the Rusted Hearts.I will def check em out.Are they straight forward Rock n Roll?
    This exhale is so needed.

Bless music.

And the Beatles and Billy.

And Friday on the horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veA2ffahq7E
    And cheers to my 18-yr-old Integra! She rolled over the 90K mark today.

(sorry, girl - you're soon to be sold or traded in)
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

hedonist said:

Very cool Dan.I bet he's a super down to earth guy.I can't wait to see them again at wrigkey this summer.
    I will look out for the Rusted Hearts.I will def check em out.Are they straight forward Rock n Roll?
    kind of hard for me to describe his Music, it's got a little bit of everything since Miles was very fortunate to learn from and play with some of the worlds best musicians throughout his life. Everyone in Rock n Roll loves Rick and many have spent time at the Nielsen house. Our Boy EV spent 2 different Thanksgivings there back in the day.
    hedonist said:

Do you never drive? 90k is 2 years for my vehicle.Damn.2k a year.Good for you.Everyone must be walking in LA.

How's the 8track?Still cranking?lol
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

hedonist said:

kind of hard for me to describe his Music, it's got a little bit of everything since Miles was very fortunate to learn from and play with some of the worlds best musicians throughout his life. Everyone in Rock n Roll loves Rick and many have spent time at the Nielsen house. Our Boy EV spent 2 different Thanksgivings there back in the day.
    Going to research him this weekend .thx Dan o
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Do you never drive? 90k is 2 years for my vehicle.Damn.2k a year.Good for you.Everyone must be walking in LA.

How's the 8track?Still cranking?lol
    8-track =) Having a cd player (single-version, mind you!) was such a treat at the time. But yeah, super short commute for the past several years, and we use my husband's much newer car for longer drives.

I've actually had strangers approach me to buy it. Great car.
    It's Friday!!!!!
    This is where my head is at tonight.
    Enjoy a double shot of the Cars.
    Moving In Stereo and Candy-O
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=q1vjmaEJeqg
    Such great memories of their early albums (won't even mention anything about the Pavlovian response/memory between Moving in Stereo and Phoebe Cates :whistle: )

I think I still have one of their vinyls among our LP's.
    "Dosent anyone knock anymore"