The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Whispering hands is back now!!! :bee:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Glad she's been released back into general population!

Been alternating between watching bad reality TV (don't ask; it helps with decompressing after a workweek that kicked my ass) and the local news showing a standoff of some dude who led police on a WILD chase - not just driving erratically, but then he got out of the car, holding a gun, grabbed his crotch and started firing.

He got hit, stayed on someone's front porch hitting a pipe and keeping the weapon with him.

Looks like SWAT finally helped to end it.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Typical LA night?
    Hey All.Happy weekend.I got some Saki Bombs lined up on the bar.Help yourself.Get your weekend started right.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    hedonist said:

Glad she's been released back into general population!

Been alternating between watching bad reality TV (don't ask; it helps with decompressing after a workweek that kicked my ass) and the local news showing a standoff of some dude who led police on a WILD chase - not just driving erratically, but then he got out of the car, holding a gun, grabbed his crotch and started firing.

He got hit, stayed on someone's front porch hitting a pipe and keeping the weapon with him.

Looks like SWAT finally helped to end it.

Bad reality TV show- kind of like AMT sometimes, eh? LOL!

rr165892 said:

Hey All.Happy weekend.I got some Saki Bombs lined up on the bar.Help yourself.Get your weekend started right.

Saki Bombs? Holy Wakamatsu! Yippee!

Cheers, all!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited March 2015
    Amazing Race?Shark Tank?
    I ain't sayin!

After getting a couple of :angry: 's from the man, I switched to acoustic Manson.

Had no idea he covered Working Class Hero.

Go, my fellow MM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfsLZIh34yI

It's ok to be secretive.Sorry to intrude.I had to ask.

I actually have a family member who is a fairley well known reality tv star.
    I also try to distance myself when the subject comes up.I never watched any of the show,could care less to be honest.Have some friends and clients who watch/watched and they would fill me in on the nonsense.
    Carry on Hedo.
    Ah, no worries at all, rr! I did watch some Amazing Race later last evening though =)
    Now my wife does have me watching the Amazing Race.Interesting concept this time.
    Ha! I got my husband to watch (some of) it. Yeah, I can't see doing that competition with a stranger, especially one who irritates me.

(I'm looking at you, female lawyer!)
    hedonist said:

Ha! I got my husband to watch (some of) it. Yeah, I can't see doing that competition with a stranger, especially one who irritates me.

(I'm looking at you, female lawyer!)

Are the 2 super gay guys really the same person? I didn't watch last night so no spoilers.I think the couple with the girl who kinda looks like Amy Adams get along real well for newbies.
    edited March 2015
    We are hoping with our upcoming trip to London in May that they go to the UK so we can cherry pick cool ideas.I know I am not even a little interested in spending much time in Japan.
    No! But similar. I think they're doing alright so far.

And May sounds like a nice time to visit. It's such a pretty country, and so much to see - and eat - in London itself.
    I can't wait
    Mrs RR has put up with me for 30 years,I figure taking that fuzzy Foriegner back to her birth place is in order.lol
    Had to come into the office this morning to work on a few projects.I have Ten cranking.No one else here .I just want to say this is one of the best albums of all time.I know there is a lot of PJ purists out there who are sick of the "Hits" but damn this shit never gets old.Deep,Release,garden sooooo fucking great.Eds range is off the hook and the song writing is haunting.
    That's all.Have a good morning loungers.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I'll never get tired of Ten. My dog, however, doesn't like it; she always leaves the house when I have it on. Could be the volume, I don't know. Well, what does she know about music anyway.

And have a good time in London.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Thank you and your puppy must def have a hearing issue.lol
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Was it you, rr, asking for accommodation suggestions a few months back? The "spare no expense" guy? :wink:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Had to come into the office this morning to work on a few projects.I have Ten cranking.No one else here .I just want to say this is one of the best albums of all time.I know there is a lot of PJ purists out there who are sick of the "Hits" but damn this shit never gets old.Deep,Release,garden sooooo fucking great.Eds range is off the hook and the song writing is haunting.

There is no doubt, it is and forever will be Pearl Jam's best album, and the greatest album of it's time! It's fine to be sick of it I guess, but when I see someone rank it below top 3 PJ albums I automatically assume they are trying to be hip or cool or whatever. It doesn't have to be your fav but you must acknowledge it is objectively amazing.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

There is no doubt, it is and forever will be Pearl Jam's best album, and the greatest album of it's time! It's fine to be sick of it I guess, but when I see someone rank it below top 3 PJ albums I automatically assume they are trying to be hip or cool or whatever. It doesn't have to be your fav but you must acknowledge it is objectively amazing.
    Still the best IMO Gambsy.agreed

Was it you, rr, asking for accommodation suggestions a few months back? The "spare no expense" guy? :wink:

Yes I was asking about accommodations but I didn't quite say spare no expense.I said price wasn't nescessarily an issue.Lol kinda different .
    It's a 25th anniversary present so I want it to be a top notch experience.Im not trying to do it on the cheap.but not willing to waste my cash either.
    We found a Hilton Double Tree near Soho and Hyde park that was great in proximity and amenities and had solid value compared to some of the other places we looked at.
    Heading out to pre game for the Journey /Steve Miller show tonight.

Mrs RR got a set list given to her and a drum stick last time we saw Journey.I got Neil Schons pick (He is a great guitarist and should be mentioned with the greats,IMO) used for the lead to Stone in Love.Hopefully a Steve Miller pick to add to the collection this evening.

Have a great night guys.Full review tomorrow.
    Whoa! To quote Cheap Trick - "you're taking me back".

25 years together is quite the accomplishment, rr. Sounds like there's a whole lotta love there.

Have fun!
    edited March 2015
    See the Italian subtitles? I kept up admirably - accent and all - for the first 30 seconds.

Yes, didn't take me long to say "fuckit" but damn! Succumbing is quite nice.

edit - sonofa...! Mods, hope the linking errors'll be fixed later on.

(it was U2 - All I Want is You. Very sweet voices and hearts)
    Post edited by hedonist on
    hedonist said:

25 years together is quite the accomplishment, rr. Sounds like there's a whole lotta love there.

Have fun!

Very much so and thx.
    Ps Steve Miller can still kill it on guitar,and as always Journey was a great sing along.they sounded awesome and were lively and having fun.
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Have fun!

Very much so and thx.
    Ps Steve Miller can still kill it on guitar,and as always Journey was a great sing along.they sounded awesome and were lively and having fun.
    That sounds like a fun combo concert. Two bands that sound different but groove alike. You go to lots of shows, its awesome.
    edited March 2015
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Have fun!

Very much so and thx.
    That sounds like a fun combo concert. Two bands that sound different but groove alike. You go to lots of shows, its awesome.
    We love live music Gambs and after starting a family young and raising the little money suckers and getting them out of the house while we are still young(kinda).Gives us the freedom to do so now.Kinda like enjoying now for the years we missed going out to sacrifice for building a buisness and raising a family.
    I get a lot of joy giving shit back to my friends who are also in their 40s but are just now having kids.These same guys would call me and say I was pussy whipped and boring not coming out drinking and partying w them when we were in our early 20s.I think it's working out alright,and we are enjoying the shit out of it.
    Don't get me wrong I love being a dad and enjoyed the hell out of my kids as they were growing up(and now also).but it's our time again.And what better then Rocking out.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Have fun!

Very much so and thx.
    We love live music Gambs and after starting a family young and raising the little money suckers and getting them out of the house while we are still young(kinda).Gives us the freedom to do so now.Kinda like enjoying now for the years we missed going out to sacrifice for building a buisness and raising a family.
    I get a lot of joy giving shit back to my friends who are also in their 40s but are just now having kids.These same guys would call me and say I was pussy whipped and boring not coming out drinking and partying w them when we were in our early 20s.I think it's working out alright,and we are enjoying the shit out of it.
    Don't get me wrong I love being a dad and enjoyed the hell out of my kids as they were growing up(and now also).but it's our time again.And what better then Rocking out.
    Fuck.
    Yeah.

Good post!