The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I was driving through one of the seedier parts of Vancouver last night and saw a strip club where the marquee proclaimed it to be "Amatuer Night".

Indeed.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598

I was driving through one of the seedier parts of Vancouver last night and saw a strip club where the marquee proclaimed it to be "Amatuer Night".

Indeed.

Haha! That surely must have razzed your berries, eh oftenreading?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :lol:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    brianlux said:

Indeed.

Haha! That surely must have razzed your berries, eh oftenreading?

:grin:

I did not, of course, go to Vancouver to critique the marketing practices of strip joints, fun though it is. I went to see Big Sugar, a Canadian blues-reggae band that was active between the early 90s through early 2000s, then on hiatus for a decade or so before reforming. They are touring an acoustic show mixing up their old music with some new songs, as well as new instruments. Reggae flute, anyone? The show was fantastic so if they ever come your way, consider giving it a try.

Here's a little bit of Big Sugar, old style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X8etWG9kTI
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    kce8 said:

i_lov_it said:

I need a Drink.

I really don´t need one for the next weeks! lol
    Have had enough last night - Hangover for me today... :blush:
    Pass the bottle around ;)...what did you drink?
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    i_lov_it said:

kce8 said:

i_lov_it said:

I need a Drink.

I really don´t need one for the next weeks! lol
    Have had enough last night - Hangover for me today... :blush:
    Pass the bottle around ;)...what did you drink?
    Jack Daniels...a friend/neighbour turned 30...and we had a long great party! :smiley:
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Anyone else dragging ass today? Sheesh.I hate the whole spring forward thing.
    But I just heard from a buddy who runs security for our local concert venue,that he was notified Van Halen will be coming this summer with a locked in date.This pleases me very much.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Yes - and it's a gloomy morning to boot!

Van Halen with DLR, I hope?
    Dragging ass.. and everything else. That time change thing always tweaks my brain.

Plus, last night before going to sleep I was reading in this book called The New Universe and the Human Future by Abrams and Primack about how most of the universe is comprised of dark matter and dark energy and how, besides hydrogen and helium, all visible atoms in the universe only make up about .01 percent of the whole. Then I read that chemistry is "incomparable more complex than physics" and that biology is more complex than chemistry and that civilized, intelligent beings (us and possibly others like us) are the most complex things we know of in the universe. And then I got to thinking, if all that is true and, say, we turn out to be the only self-aware, intelligent life in the universe and we and our atoms are such an infinitesimally small part of that incredible vast whole... well, the more I thought about these things the more TOTALLY FREAKED OUT I felt about all that... and then tried to go to sleep.

Dragging ass? You bet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

hedonist said:

Yes - and it's a gloomy morning to boot!

Van Halen with DLR, I hope?

Is there any other? Diamond Dave is the man
    brianlux said:

Dragging ass.. and everything else. That time change thing always tweaks my brain.

Plus, last night before going to sleep I was reading in this book called The New Universe and the Human Future by Abrams and Primack about how most of the universe is comprised of dark matter and dark energy and how, besides hydrogen and helium, all visible atoms in the universe only make up about .01 percent of the whole. Then I read that chemistry is "incomparable more complex than physics" and that biology is more complex than chemistry and that civilized, intelligent beings (us and possibly others like us) are the most complex things we know of in the universe. And then I got to thinking, if all that is true and, say, we turn out to be the only self-aware, intelligent life in the universe and we and our atoms are such an infinitesimally small part of that incredible vast whole... well, the more I thought about these things the more TOTALLY FREAKED OUT I felt about all that... and then tried to go to sleep.

Dragging ass? You bet!

Damn,heavy stuff there Bri.as I'm reading your post im thinking about the scene from Animal House."What if C A T spelled Dog"? Whooooow
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Dragging ass? You bet!

Damn,heavy stuff there Bri.as I'm reading your post im thinking about the scene from Animal House."What if C A T spelled Dog"? Whooooow
    Haha! Or, what if God spelled backwards was C-A-T? What does it all mean!?

Yes, I will try to get more sleep and be more rational tomorrow, I promise!

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Dragging ass? You bet!

No,run with it.see where it takes you.
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Dragging ass? You bet!

No,run with it.see where it takes you.
    Haha! I'll consult our cat. I mean, after all, we almost named her "Dog". She is SO very much like a dog.

Cats rule the roost. They are badass and smart and smell like nothing else (funny how each have their own ever-changing but particular scent), And I love when they attempt to do something with finesse but fail miserably.

rr, you are right! I thumb my nose to Hagar =)

And for some reason, I've got a craving for Ramble On.
    edited March 2015
    in retrospect, screw it. Wish we had the teeny font option again too.

Just FYI, mods :whistle:
    Post edited by hedonist on
    hedonist said:

Cats rule the roost. They are badass and smart and smell like nothing else (funny how each have their own ever-changing but particular scent), And I love when they attempt to do something with finesse but fail miserably.

rr, you are right! I thumb my nose to Hagar =)

And for some reason, I've got a craving for Ramble On.

Hagar solo is fine ,but I like my VH the old fashion way!
    I'm no expert on cat scents other then I usually can tell when a home has one.But I'm quite familiar with essence of wet dog.
    You know how when you live with someone, some things can become routine? Not in a bad way, it's just everyday shit.

"woke up, fell out of bed." Part of life - I love it, and it comforts me.

Then, sometimes, the most innocuous things make a difference.

I drink a good amount of water each day at home and at work. Earlier I opened the fridge to get a new bottle and saw that my sweetie moved a bunch of them to the door side so it would be less of a strain on my back to reach deep in for one on the shelf.

Sweet, thoughtful gesture...and really not so surprising that someone who I came to love from miles away still makes me smile from a (temporary and short) distance.
  • hedonist said:

You know how when you live with someone, some things can become routine? Not in a bad way, it's just everyday shit.

I drink a good amount of water each day at home and at work. Earlier I opened the fridge to get a new bottle and saw that my sweetie moved a bunch of them to the door side so it would be less of a strain on my back to reach deep in for one on the shelf.

Sweet, thoughtful gesture...and really not so surprising that someone who I came to love from miles away still makes me smile from a (temporary and short) distance.

Men love women and strive to be good for them (albeit we fail multiple times trying)
    I am forever surprised that the rare times my wife and I argue no matter how heated, she ends it by saying "Your lunch is in the fridge. Don't forget it tomorrow before you leave"

hedonist said:

What a sweet story, Hedo!

hedonist said:

Men love women and strive to be good for them (albeit we fail multiple times trying)
    I am forever surprised that the rare times my wife and I argue no matter how heated, she ends it by saying "Your lunch is in the fridge. Don't forget it tomorrow before you leave"

Love it (and what you said of men applies to women too! What a feeling to go a bit further, to do something unexpected but so appreciated - speaks to character and heart of giver and givee).

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Pretty sure you're that guy too, buddy ;)

hedonist said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Pretty sure you're that guy too, buddy ;)

Well, I do keep her wine cooler well stocked, haha! And of course the dark chocolate she so loves!

But the things my lovely sweetheart does for me! This may sound trivial, but she absolutely can't stand the smell of coffee and yet I can't tell you how many morning she's woken me with a good cup of French Roast wafting under my nose. That's love for ya!

That first paragraph could be taken in a whole other way =)

Cheers to you and your love, B.
    hedonist said:

Actually, my first inclination was to write, "It's amazing what a little red wine and chocolate will do for ..." You get my drift. :smiley:

Cheers to you and yours as well, Hedo!

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Actually, my first inclination was to write, "It's amazing what a little red wine and chocolate will do for ..." You get my drift. :smiley:

Cheers to you and yours as well, Hedo!

No Brian please explain!
    Hedo it really is the little things.I always get my wife's car door if we are together,or rise when a woman comes to the table,pull out a chair.Hold a door etc.The lost art of being a gentleman.

Mr.H seems like he gets it.Lucky you
    My dad did those things with me on our father-and-daughter dinner nights. You brought me a smile with this - thank you, sir!

Speaking of smiling...for some reason I can't get the link to work, but listening to/watching the Stones cover Like a Rolling Stone right now. I just love those guys.

They are some plucky motherfuckers.