The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    So from music to film - flipping channels and indulging in Indica, I happened upon Being There.

I always loved Sellers, but as Chauncey Gardner? My god, what a sweet man. He made up for Shirley MacLaine being in it (I kid, I kid!).

He had such a face, such eyes.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    ^^^ "I love to watch." Haha! Great film and oh my, yes, Hedo- the great Mr. Peter Sellers!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited February 2015
    My dad would always have us watch Being There with him.He loved it.Sellers plays Gardner the simpleton so well.
    I got sucked into Goldie Hawns vortex last night by watching Overboard with Goldie/Kurt Russel.Always thought the plot was entertaining for a RomCom.Knowing the were married made it better.I didn't mean to keep watching but much like a Drew Barrymore(A modern day Goldie?)movie, I couldn't bring myself to change the channel.
    Your dad sounds like a good man, rr...much like mine!

So I had to reverse from film to music.

Man o'man, there's nothing like this drugmix of instrument + voice + I don't even know what. But it's silken and warm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Wt3dhF4fU
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    Here's one of those nifty little bits synchronicity:

My wife says to me today, "Nancy was telling me about this really great movie we should see."
    "Oh yeah? Which one is that?"
    "Umm, I don't remember but it has Peter Sellers in it."
    "Was it 'Being There'?"
    "Yes! That's it! I've never seen it before. Is it good?"
    "Oh yeah! It's great! I'll put it on our queue!"

Haha! Fantastic!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Well there you go.enjoy it
    edited February 2015
    I just thought I'd share this with the lounge.Im kinda pumped.
    We have a local Music and Arts fest on the waterfront every year called SunFest.Last Year AIC headlined.Check out this year.
    http://lineup.sunfest.com
    I'm Stoked,Kravitz,The Pixies,STP,Eddie Money,Boston,Sammy nice and classic
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Eddie Money! He played a small outside gig when my husband worked at LA's version of the twin towers...right in the walkthrough space between the two buildings. It was kind of an odd place to perform, actually.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    century city, hedo?
    You got it, norm! And you also got this stuck in me head now =)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhHnI0YdhTk
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well that's a bizarre place for anyone to play a gig let alone eddie lol
    Remember when he was on King of Queens? I think they even named the episode after him.

And to rr, this Kravitz song just gets me. So pretty - doesn't even need that guitar.

But goddamn, there's nothing like the voice of thousands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mddv2X8aNrw
    Two of the best - and my favorite - drummers ever. And Copeland! And Carey's fucking kid-like smile throughout.

Happy happy happy.

Cheers to my friends!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mUjLAWIj7E
    Pearls drum kit has shrunk a bit over the years.Looked like these cats were having a blast.
    edited March 2015
    hedonist said:

Remember when he was on King of Queens? I think they even named the episode after him.

And to rr, this Kravitz song just gets me. So pretty - doesn't even need that guitar.

But goddamn, there's nothing like the voice of thousands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mddv2X8aNrw

Fans leaning on the stage.No rail.Old school fun.I can't wait to see him.I read an article yesterday With Sammy Hagar who now has a little band called The Circle.Jason Bonham is drumming.They say they will be doing multiple Zeppelin songs in their set along with Van Hagar,RHCP,Sammy solo stuff and some other "timeless covers".
    I am now intrigued.They will be at the same fest.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    edited March 2015
    This, Ladies and Gentlemen....is what I decided to miss bc I thought it was too far away.
    Missed the German gig in Cologne bc of a friends birthday...so here is what I bedder not have missed.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=m01bJroGwvE

:bawling:
    How about a smile at this, kce? I found myself wowing in THE best way.

Gotta love MM - he and I and a few others share the same initials too. =)

Salut!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIOJVFjrTo
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    ^ Never saw that before!

I think MM really likes to sing. Gonna make me smile....! :wink:

Have a nice day everybody!
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Has whispering hands been banned for real?
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    TalonTedd said:

For real, but possibly not forever.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited March 2015

TalonTedd said:

What!!! And For What?
    Anyone else recently?
    That's BS
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

TalonTedd said:

What!!! And For What?
    Anyone else recently?
    That's BS
    It all went down in the AET thread "this place is dead anyways"

There was some cussin that was truly all in good fun and the mods stepped in...people got pissed and things escalated...a real shame. Dont want to jinx us but we get rougher here in AMT than it was there!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Thx Gambsy.Man o man.I had jump on that thread it was not bad.just silly stuff.I can't really even picture Whispering doing something that bad.Hope she's back soon.
    edited March 2015
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=3j8mr-gcgoI

For you Whispering if your out there.
    I hate that one more voice of reason is silent.Peace
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    So let me get this right. They banned the member perhaps only temporarily and plastered a scarlet letter over her avatar. This is some kind of joke right.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    Yo Chadwick.Hows recovery going? You doing alright?
    Crickets in the lounge this week.Im going to drink alone apparently.I just tapped some Cigar City Invasion.What a fine pale indeed.

Starting the pre game now,going to see Elton John tomorrow night in Miami.Looking forward to it,but I'm thinking it's probably going to be a mellow show.You know the kind were people don't stand ,and they ask you to sit when you do.I sure hope I'm wrong.

I wanted to see about getting some better seats or should I say closer seats(The ones I have were comped by a client)But my wife brought up a good point.She said "it's not like it's Cornell.Elton is getting on in age and dosent move much behind the pianoanymore so what advantage is it getting closer,when all they action will be on the Jumbo tron." I can't argue with that.I am expecting it to be like a Eagles show vibe wise.Can anyone enlighten me here?Anyway,Thursday night is always the gateway to the weekend.So hope everyone is feeling good.
    Cheers, rr!

I just got back from the dispensary with a nice supply, including a red-haired Indica which I'm breaking into right now in a virgin glass bowl.

Twenty or more years ago, I went with my sister and brother-in-law to see Elton. LOVE his old music - like Captain Fantastic, Yellow Brick Road era - but he didn't play much from that time, mostly newer stuff and I don't recall many antics. And halfway through, during Philadelphia Freedom yet, I looked over at my BIL and he was asleep.

Hilarious.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yellow Brick Road is up there with the all-time great albums! Definitely top 30 for me. PJ has spoiled me for live shows though, it sure won't be a 3 hr mindfuck like our boys put on!
    Enjoy!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2015
    Thx guys.
    Gambs-I am ready for another round of PJ touring.A mini tour or some one offs would be awesome.Going to have to rely on The Foo Fighters this summer to get my 3hr shows.

Hedo- Red haired indica sounds very tasty indeed.And that first clean hit,ahhh.

We also broke into a new satchel of goodness this evening but because Florida has its head up its own ass on MJ policy,I had to procur said provisions the old fashioned way.Although it's tasty and quite pungent this grouping of fluorescent nugs will remain nameless.I would say they could glow in the dark though.

And I will drink some Coffee before the EJ show just in case.