The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    it's a antioxidant & a super health food. you would be more wound up from coffee than you would chia seeds. goodnight, hedonist... goodnight all. see you good people around here tomorrow
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    chadwick said:

it's a antioxidant & a super health food. you would be more wound up from coffee than you would chia seeds. goodnight, hedonist... goodnight all. see you good people around here tomorrow

Good night my friend.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    damn...imagine if we could all get together and bring our favorite local/whole foods and best recipes. Quite a feast we would have from these last few pages!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

Good dreams to you, or a really good hard sleep...or both.
    rgambs said:

damn...imagine if we could all get together and bring our favorite local/whole foods and best recipes. Quite a feast we would have from these last few pages!

I got a place in the north east if u guys all want to get together for some killer grubs! We can have a nice pot luck party in dirty jersey! Hahaha
    C'mon, you can't go wrong with any phrase that consists of "pot" and "luck" :D

I have lots of family in Great Neck, NY...not that far from NJ!
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

C'mon, you can't go wrong with any phrase that consists of "pot" and "luck" :D

I have lots of family in Great Neck, NY...not that far from NJ!

Bring your hubby and swing on by! I got all the pot luck you want! Hahaha, make sure you guys pick up Stefan on the way to hahahaha HALTS MAUL =))
    I just had a vision of us doing some kind of crazy "whatsamatta you" song-and-dance while he's strapped to a totem pole.

(sorry, Stefan :D)
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

I just had a vision of us doing some kind of crazy "whatsamatta you" song-and-dance while he's strapped to a totem pole.

(sorry, Stefan :D)

You think pj will let us sell the boot here?!?! Hahahaha, oh and I got some sand in the backyard for him to make his famous sand kasten

Edit-it'll be next years xmas single!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Carefull BB,your already on the hook for a round of drinks as I recall.Now ur going to host a "Pot Luck party".With this crew,that might get expensive.Rumor has it Hedo already booked tix.lol
    rr165892 said:

Carefull BB,your already on the hook for a round of drinks as I recall.Now ur going to host a "Pot Luck party".With this crew,that might get expensive.Rumor has it Hedo already booked tix.lol

Everyone's welcome! Including our buddy Stefan!!! HALTS MAUL!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    I have this very peculiar urge to say something really strange but it is also something that has a nice ring to it and what better place to say it than here:

HALTS MAUL badbrains! =))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

I have this very peculiar urge to say something really strange but it is also something that has a nice ring to it and what better place to say it than here:

You better be bringing some edibles from the north west brian!
    badbrains said:

brianlux said:

Oh, but if you only knew! It's a dream of mine to move back to Washington State some day, especially if California continues to whither away! Actually, they say we might get some rain tomorrow! Maybe I'll stick around here after all.

But I'll tell you what, when we all meet up, my contribution will be pancakes, pancakes and pancakes!

Ausgezeichnet! =P~
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

badbrains said:

brianlux said:

Oh, but if you only knew! It's a dream of mine to move back to Washington State some day, especially if California continues to whither away! Actually, they say we might get some rain tomorrow! Maybe I'll stick around here after all.

But I'll tell you what, when we all meet up, my contribution will be pancakes, pancakes and pancakes!

Ausgezeichnet! =P~
    HALTS MAUL, I think we all can live with that! Somebody bring REAL maple syrup plz.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Wunderbar! :))

I like it here and you guys :-h
  • I'll bring the Canadian Maple Syrup!
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16

I like it here also,but you guys got me wanting to visit Germlandia soon.They have so many yummy things.
    rr165892 said:

I like it here also,but you guys got me wanting to visit Germlandia soon.They have so many yummy things.

Oh, and beer too :D
    rr165892 said:

Awesome!! RR is brining the babes! I got the greens, brians making pancakes, walking the miles is bringing REAL maple syrup and hedonist is bringing her hubby and sunshine from Cali. Oh and I think Chadwick is bringing chia seeds for all! When u guys officially coming to dirty jersey?

Edit-Stefan is just bringing himself cuz we do NEED some entertainment! HALTS MAUL and ALCOHOL! =))
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Did someone say pancakes and proper maple syrup?? :D
    edited October 2014
    redrock said:

Yep! All kinds, to. We've got your basic but excellent multi-grain pancakes, or multi-grain with ground golden flax plus cornbread mix plus quick oats (all organic) and your egg-and-banana-only Paleo Pancake Special. And any of the above with blueberries added! Served with real organic butter, pure maple syrup, local honey and orange marmalade. And of course, coffee or tea.

Beifall!

Post edited by brianlux on

redrock said:

Shit, we all expect you at this pot party red rock!
    edited October 2014
    I gotta
    hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Oh, and beer too :D
    C'mon I'm a gentleman.I was talking about large frosty beers ;)
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    After all this talk of pancakes and waffles, I think I know what I'm fixing for dinner tonight!

Although, I am not totally paleo, I'll using an ancient einkorn flour to make my waffles instead of regular wheat. And of course, REAL maple syrup with a big side of bacon. Throw in a glass of wine while I fix dinner and that is a nice evening :)
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    riotgrl said:

After all this talk of pancakes and waffles, I think I know what I'm fixing for dinner tonight!

Although, I am not totally paleo, I'll using an ancient einkorn flour to make my waffles instead of regular wheat. And of course, REAL maple syrup with a big side of bacon. Throw in a glass of wine while I fix dinner and that is a nice evening :)

Riotgrl,what is einkorn flour?
    Ps-almost time we fire up the "Please play the south "thread again.I hope you got to at least see PJ in Cincy?
    rr165892 said:

riotgrl said:

Ps-almost time we fire up the "Please play the south "thread again.I hope you got to at least see PJ in Cincy?
    Einkorn is a non-hybridized form of wheat. So completely different than the wheat you typically get in pastas and breads today. It is believed to be easier to digest.

And yes, I think I'm over my bitterness about Louisville getting passed over in favor of Cincy for the tour so we need to restart that thread :)

I did get to see them in Cincy and it was a great show! Are you seeing them this tour?

I AM MINE
    riotgrl said:

rr165892 said:

riotgrl said:

Einkorn is a non-hybridized form of wheat. So completely different than the wheat you typically get in pastas and breads today. It is believed to be easier to digest.

And yes, I think I'm over my bitterness about Louisville getting passed over in favor of Cincy for the tour so we need to restart that thread :)

I did get to see them in Cincy and it was a great show! Are you seeing them this tour?
    I went to STL show.We were very tempted to road trip to Louisville after the show for the big Rock Fest(Louder than Life?? )you guys had the next day.But we decided that was just to much logistics for a long weekend.They had a great line up.Did you go to that?
  • Party?
    Paaartay!
    I will bring rum. There will be nothing special about my rum, except that it is from me. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    rr165892 said:

riotgrl said:

rr165892 said:

riotgrl said:

I went to STL show.We were very tempted to road trip to Louisville after the show for the big Rock Fest(Louder than Life?? )you guys had the next day.But we decided that was just to much logistics for a long weekend.They had a great line up.Did you go to that?
    We decided not to go to that because we were debating about going to STL show and couldn't afford PJ and that festival at the same time! Ended up not doing either one. Really wish we'd done STL!

I AM MINE