The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

Sometimes I choke on tests, sometimes I ace them. This one, not so much on the acing front :D

Still got a lot to learn about this and other items to make me feel good. Not that I feel unwell (aside from my back and other getting-older stuff) but it couldn't hurt to try new avenues. Been peeking in on the Paleo thread too.

Oh, and long goodbyes - when Danny and I were doing the long-distance thing, it was almost physically painful to say goodbye. Especially right after 9/11 when security was so tight. Had to do it bandaid-like...just rip it off!

(of course, me in tears afterward)

I like hellos so much better.

Well, when you and Danny come to visit, I'll make sure to kick u guys out of my car at the airport as I'm driving by the departure lane. =)) No stopping for good byes....hahahaha
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    OK, I literally laughed out loud at that.
    hedonist said:

OK, I literally laughed out loud at that.

Then I'll swing back around and toss your luggage out of my truck.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2014
    b/f & g/f or married folks are a bit different. i was mostly meaning family & friends at a drunken fucking disasterous event.... me oddly enough being the sober one. trying to get away saying goodbyes to drunk friends is ridiculous. so i go outside (if in the house) & vanish in the shadows

when my g/f leaves yes it is sad tears & we drag out every damn second, a reason why we're moving in together. she's a fucking hoot that one
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Oh hell yeah. My mom is always about "inadvertently" applying a guilt-trip about why we can't stay longer. Or the folks who all evening were fine going about their business until we're trying to exit stage left. NOW they want to catch up?

Oh and BB, you'll get noogies from me before that happens!
    And congrats, chadwick! Living with a hoot is...a hoot :D
    thank you, thank you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    rr165892 said:

Just read the below article.I found it on point and wanted to share.It's a quick,easy read.

http://tonightatdawn.com/2014/10/19/pearl-jam-what-could-have-been/

Very interesting article. I was not able to download the tracks mentioned on my phone. I'd love to hear them.
  • rr165892 said:

Just read the below article.I found it on point and wanted to share.It's a quick,easy read.

http://tonightatdawn.com/2014/10/19/pearl-jam-what-could-have-been/

Very interesting article. I was not able to download the tracks mentioned on my phone. I'd love to hear them.
    I tried too. But I'm at work. It was blocked. I'll try later
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Love Buddy Holly.True rock pioneer.I don't think he gets as much credit as he should.Thanks Hedo
    I always dug Mr. Holly - Oh Boy!

And I LOVE this era of Paul.

Totally unrelated note but I've got "Jeopardy" going here - have nailed almost all of the answers! - while waiting for dinner and my husband to get home ( :-w ) and Pearl Jam was one of the questions/answers. Ha!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    hedonist said:

I always dug Mr. Holly - Oh Boy!

And I LOVE this era of Paul.

Totally unrelated note but I've got "Jeopardy" going here - have nailed almost all of the answers! - while waiting for dinner and my husband to get home ( :-w ) and Pearl Jam was one of the questions/answers. Ha!

I think you should write to Mr. Trebek and say, "Hey Alex, I want my hundred grand!"

PJ on Jeopardy- cool! :-D

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I love how I have balls when shouting answers from the comfort of home.

What a mess I'd be if actually there.

I need to be on Cash Cab!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I went to the show in between the shows that PJ played No Code and Yield in their entirety.

The gods mock me.

:P
    Jason P said:

I went to the show in between the shows that PJ played No Code and Yield in their entirety.

The gods mock me.

Facepalm! I hope it was a good show anyway!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

Jason P said:

The gods mock me.

It was an excellent show! I've never seen Ed in a better mood. I got one of my white whales "I got ID". Only a few whales remain.
    Jason P said:

brianlux said:

Jason P said:

The gods mock me.

It was an excellent show! I've never seen Ed in a better mood. I got one of my white whales "I got ID". Only a few whales remain.
    Excellent! I've got a vinyl copy of Merkin Ball on the way- stoked!

Glad it was a great show!

Jason P said:

brianlux said:

Jason P said:

The gods mock me.

They shoulda played that song (and that's a fact, Jack!).

Nice on ID.
    I'm thinking the live No Code and Yield will show up in the remaster edition in the next year.

Oddly enough The Whale Song isn't one of my white whales, although I wouldn't catch and release it.
    edited October 2014
    Jason P said:

The gods mock me.

Talk about KARMA. ;)

=))

Edit-I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at myself
    Post edited by badbrains on
    waylon jennings played w/ buddy holly & i wanna say waylon played bass in that band. waylon was supposed to be on that plane but swapped out w/ a guy who was sick so the guy could arrive earlier & get more rest. so waylon took that guy's seat on their touring bus that had nearly no heat on the thing.

i have a few waylon albums & on one of them on side b waylon does holly songs. they were good friends & buddy taught waylon quite a bit.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Never knew that! Not only about the two playing together, but also him nearly taking that flight. I wonder if that made him wonder.

Waylon (what a badass name) seems like someone I'd like to hang with for an evening or two.
    edited October 2014
    it for sure fucked his head & heart up for years.

it goes something like this..... true stuff. you can look it up. watch waylon biography or what have you.

buddy - "i hope the bus crashes"
    waylon - "oh yeah, i hope that darn plane crashes"
    everybody is laughin & cuttin up

well there ya go
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

brianlux said:

Jason P said:

The gods mock me.

It's funny the songs that you seek are different depending on your era of fandom. I'm new, first show was on Backspacer tour, and I am 7 deep now. I have seen I Got Id, Footsteps, Rats 3 times each, Chloe/Crowm twice and Let Me Sleep once but I will have to get very lucky or see many shows to get songs like Insignificance, God's Dice, or Save You...among others which used to be rotated in regularly but are often passed over now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Denver got some gems.Of this Earth,Breath,Ghost.Ive seen those songs all live 1 time but woulda loved to get them again this tour or last tour.
    This is bullshit! It's also the dispensary I go to. I've probably dealt with each of the people quoted in the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/24/dea-raid-medical-marijuana-los-angeles_n_6038926.html

This place is reputable, professional, knowledgeable, everything done by the book.

I really hope they're back up and running soon; I'm sure they will be.

Fortunately, I discovered a new place to fall back on (they even have vending machines with weed and edibles!)

The elderly Chinese woman (behind the counter, haha) who rang me up gave me a nice "first-timer" goody bag, too :D
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

This is bullshit! It's also the dispensary I go to. I've probably dealt with each of the people quoted in the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/24/dea-raid-medical-marijuana-los-angeles_n_6038926.html

This place is reputable, professional, knowledgeable, everything done by the book.

I really hope they're back up and running soon; I'm sure they will be.

Fortunately, I discovered a new place to fall back on (they even have vending machines with weed and edibles!)

The elderly Chinese woman (behind the counter, haha) who rang me up gave me a nice "first-timer" goody bag, too :D

Ahh! Fuckers! DEA: Dipshits and Egregious Assholes!

Glad you found another outlet but I hope the busted one get's up and running again. Shit, this all sounds like 1969 all over again (the year some fellow dorm residents were busted for having seeds. Yikes!)

Good luck, H!
    Post edited by brianlux on

Thanks, B!

And seeds? I remember being paranoid last time I was in Las Vegas because they could bust you for having ONE SEED on you.

Excellent acronym breakdown, by the way.
    hedonist said:

Thanks, B!

And seeds? I remember being paranoid last time I was in Las Vegas because they could bust you for having ONE SEED on you.

Excellent acronym breakdown, by the way.

One seed- crazy! The laws need to change!