The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Nod to the beauty I'm sure is to come this weekend.

(to both the creators and recipients; each are both)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBiiFplMWls
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    ^^^ DAVID! Whoo Hoo! YES!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    At least you still have options.I have a bad feeling my state won't pass it on this novembers ballot.Backward thinking Southern Christian mentality.SMH
    I just don't get the mentality behind making it unavailable, let alone kept illegal.

Had lunch with my mom yesterday and mentioned how my husband and I use it for both recreational and medical purposes. She was concerned we haven't done "extensive research" on it before partaking on a regular basis.

Talk about shaking my head! I told her, look - I've been smoking it for 35 years and my husband a few years less, but we're both consistent users of it. This isn't a point of bragging but of common sense / responsibility - we're intelligent and well-spoken, exercise integrity, make a decent living through good and stable jobs at which we kick ass, own our home, etc.

Not stereotypical "stoners".

And, we're drops in that bucket.

What state are you in, rr? I think you've mentioned SC before...though my short-term memory ain't the best :D
    Florida Hedo.Now don't get me wrong,illegal,legal it is so easy to get anyway here.It would be nice for those who need it medically though to have some dispensaries.I watch a debate the other night with a Pro weed lawyer vs A uptight sheriff .The Sheriff thinks all he'll will break loose,the sky will fall and hippies will take over.Its a fucking joke that in 2014 we are still so backwards in progressive thinking in some parts of the country.
    South Carolina is Last-12 exit.
    D'oh! Yes, Florida.

(and I remember Last-12 is SC ;) )

Heard that Colorado is banning the sale of edibles for Halloween, out of fear that candy, suckers and the like will be given out. Overkill and somewhat paranoid, to me.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    rr165892 said:

Florida Hedo.Now don't get me wrong,illegal,legal it is so easy to get anyway here.It would be nice for those who need it medically though to have some dispensaries.I watch a debate the other night with a Pro weed lawyer vs A uptight sheriff .The Sheriff thinks all he'll will break loose,the sky will fall and hippies will take over.Its a fucking joke that in 2014 we are still so backwards in progressive thinking in some parts of the country.

Was the lawyer John Morgan?
    -
    I hope we get the votes, and I think we will, buuut its a very tight bill, its not going to be anything like California/Colorado etc.

Perhaps in 10 years,
    chadwick said:

it for sure fucked his head & heart up for years.

it goes something like this..... true stuff. you can look it up. watch waylon biography or what have you.

buddy - "i hope the bus crashes"
    waylon - "oh yeah, i hope that darn plane crashes"
    everybody is laughin & cuttin up

well there ya go

And here ya go - this one's for you.

(and my goodness, what a charmer he is!)

No idea about the chick though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-P01iz5Mgs
    OK, she's cute as hell.

And WJ has some intense eyes. Cool motherfucker.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

At least you still have options.I have a bad feeling my state won't pass it on this novembers ballot.Backward thinking Southern Christian mentality.SMH

Ohio is not far ahead, but hopefully it will turn around in a few years. Our old folks head down to Florida (Florida and Ohio are pretty tightly connected in a few ways) so maybe in a few years us youngsters will get to the polls in great enough numbers.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

I just don't get the mentality behind making it unavailable, let alone kept illegal.

Had lunch with my mom yesterday and mentioned how my husband and I use it for both recreational and medical purposes. She was concerned we haven't done "extensive research" on it before partaking on a regular basis.

Talk about shaking my head! I told her, look - I've been smoking it for 35 years and my husband a few years less, but we're both consistent users of it. This isn't a point of bragging but of common sense / responsibility - we're intelligent and well-spoken, exercise integrity, make a decent living through good and stable jobs at which we kick ass, own our home, etc.

Not stereotypical "stoners".

And, we're drops in that bucket.

What state are you in, rr? I think you've mentioned SC before...though my short-term memory ain't the best :D

Here's one for you. My grandma lives in Colorado and has chronic pain from losing an eye. She has to take Oxy to negate the pain and then she deals with nausea and loss of appetite, as well as being out of her gourd on such a serious drug. Her ex-military (read:asshole) husband didn't approve of her smoking because it was illegal. Now it's all legal and he still doesn't approve because he bought into the stigma back in his day. Asshat would rather her take oxys and drool on herself.
    Luckily, my uncle visits her and burns her down when he can...and when asshat plucks up the balls to get mouthy Uncle threatens to beat him down in an irreparable way...and means it!
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Damn, gambs...to deny anyone, let alone someone you love - your wife! - something that brings relief without awful side-effects. Again, I can't get my head around it. Some people (I guess it's a generational thing) simply refuse to accept its benefits after being told so long that it's "bad" and a gateway thing.

This is the kind of issue where voting actually DOES make a difference. I've somewhat given up on it as relates to politicians - seems nothing ever changes - but I feel like I actually have a voice on propositions.

And yeah, Ohio and Florida! My husband is from Columbus, and when his mom was alive, she and her husband had a place in Florida where they spent winters.
    Anybody here listen to Todd Snider at all?
    He's sort of an Arlo Guthrie type folk singer. He's about equal thirds of comedy, folk guitar, and protest music. Good fun my wife and I caught a show last weekend and he played both sets barefoot and ribbed a drunk hillbilly in the crowd hilariously.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited October 2014
    rgambs said:

He's sort of an Arlo Guthrie type folk singer. He's about equal thirds of comedy, folk guitar, and protest music. Good fun my wife and I caught a show last weekend and he played both sets barefoot and ribbed a drunk hillbilly in the crowd hilariously.

i'm a HUGE todd fan! seen him live almost 20 times and once blew a j with him backstage...he's an awesome dude

edit to add that if anyone is interested in listening to him, my advice is to listen to his live album 'near truths and hotel rooms'. it gives a new listener a great introduction to him :)
    Post edited by norm on
    norm said:

rgambs said:

i'm a HUGE todd fan! seen him live almost 20 times and once blew a j with him backstage...he's an awesome dude

edit to add that if anyone is interested in listening to him, my advice is to listen to his live album 'near truths and hotel rooms'. it gives a new listener a great introduction to him :)
    Fucking awesome! I like the new album Agnostic Hymns and Stoner Fables quite a bit, but unfortunately the crowd just wanted to hear Beer Run. @-)
    This sure is sweet. So happy I found it! Just so happy, period.

And I love how Lukas sounds so much like his grandpa.

Beautiful, the both of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2_CeXMZ0k
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Wow, for me he sounds just exact like his grandfather - maybe a little bit younger. But I am not so familiar with his music so just wow.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    So I just saw the video from both playing together at "Live at Farm Aid 2012" and learned that Lukas is Willie Nelsons son. Slowly raising my horizon of foreign music ! ;)
    His son?! My horizon has been raised as well :)
    hedonist said:

His son?! My horizon has been raised as well :)

Yeah, cool, huh?! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow-Cx9IX4So

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I've seen this before and LOVE it. Looks like a precious bond between them.

I don't know why I always thought Lukas was his grandson! I guess it's kind of like when my dad and sister would cat about town, and most people assumed he was her grandpa, given the more-than-typical age difference.

Willie's done some really nice covers, by the way. I like how he and Cash took on different genres of music, and then nailed it.
    edited October 2014
    ^^^ Yeah, both those guys are/were great. Their work with Highwayman with Kris and Waylon was really good too.

Willie's one of my heroes. Only seen him and his family band once but oh, what a show! And I very much like his book The Tao of Willie. Great stuff.

edited October 2014
    He's one of mine too, B! I just adore him (and have been on a big Highwaymen kick the last few months).

Envious of you having seen him - given his age (81!!), I doubt I'll have a chance. Then again, you have quite an impressive set of notches on your belt of performances attended.

I've definitely gotta read that book.
    Idris said:
    It arrived! I made some cookies (butter). :bz
    Let's see your work Chef!!!
    edited October 2014
    rr165892 said:

Let's see your work Chef!!!

I'll try to snap a shot before its all gone...
    Post edited by Idris on
    Idris is scarfing 'em down :D

Do they taste pot-ty?
    hedonist said:

Idris is scarfing 'em down :D

Do they taste pot-ty?

Perfect!