The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Waffles...and always with peanut butter!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

Waffles...and always with peanut butter!

Well played sir!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    If pancakes, waffles and maple syrup were as healthy a food as carrots and apples I would eat them seven times a week instead of just six. :-D

(But actually, my pancakes are fairly healthy. I start with Arrowhead Mills Buttermilk pancake mix, add organic ground golden flax meal, organic quick oats and toss in some organic cornbread mix with organic blueberries, eggs and vanilla rice milk. Oh man, is it morning get!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

If pancakes, waffles and maple syrup were as healthy a food as carrots and apples I would eat them seven times a week instead of just six. :-D

(But actually, my pancakes are fairly healthy. I start with Arrowhead Mills Buttermilk pancake mix, add organic ground golden flax meal, organic quick oats and toss in some organic cornbread mix with organic blueberries, eggs and vanilla rice milk. Oh man, is it morning get!

Damn,Bri sounds amazing.Now dribble some of that raw,fresh maple syrup on it.mmmmmm

Warning -those little blueberry balls of flavor will burn the shit out of your mouth if not left to cool.I talk from experience here!
    Maple syrup- yes, rr, a must! And yes on the little mouth burning blue balls. LOL!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

Maple syrup- yes, rr, a must! And yes on the little mouth burning blue balls. LOL!

"Mouth burning blue balls" boy this food conversation could take a sharp right turn with a sophomoric sarcastic smart ass comment,but I will not stoop to such immaturity.lol
    Ok question for you folks.What is the best natural liver and kidney detox.I am doing a 72 hr no drinking,no sugar,no simple carb blast to refresh the inner organs.Organic cranberry juice non concentrate,lots of distilled water,3xa day a little apple cider vinegar,artichoke hearts.......What am I missing?I picked up some dandelion,which I was told works on cleaning the filter out.
    Anyone have some good input here?Appreciate it guys.
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

"Mouth burning blue balls" boy this food conversation could take a sharp right turn with a sophomoric sarcastic smart ass comment,but I will not stoop to such immaturity.lol
    Doh! Too late!

X_X :-\"

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    cherry juice? chia seeds in water? just a lot of water period is the way to go
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rr165892 said:

Ok question for you folks.What is the best natural liver and kidney detox.I am doing a 72 hr no drinking,no sugar,no simple carb blast to refresh the inner organs.Organic cranberry juice non concentrate,lots of distilled water,3xa day a little apple cider vinegar,artichoke hearts.......What am I missing?I picked up some dandelion,which I was told works on cleaning the filter out.
    Anyone have some good input here?Appreciate it guys.

I read that Milk Thistle (generally comes in 250 mg caps) is good for eliminating toxins from the body. I take one a day. Also for flushing kidneys, corn silk tea (very mild flavor) is said to be helpful.

Interesting that you're doing a detox, rr. I'm working my way into what I hope is at least 2 to 4 weeks of something similar. I've had no alcohol and only one cup of decaf coffee in the last week and am moving into a mostly organic juice/fruit/vegetable diet for a while- but not being too anal about it. A little protein, occasional organic corn tortillas, an egg now and then but mostly live food vegi stuff.

edited October 2014
    Yeah,I'm not being all crazy either.I already eat very clean,work out 6 days a week and supplement.I do love a cold beer or 2 a night during the week and a couple more on the weekend.So I'm thinking a quick flush can't hurt.I know about milk Thistle but didn't like it last time I took it.

Chad,Cherry juice????
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Also, Chad, please tell us more about chia seeds.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Where does sushi and the like come in? I don't eat a lot of it in one sitting - not a huge eater in general despite my love of food! - but I'll have a spicy tuna roll, or tuna with lettuce and rice and avocado at least three times a week for lunch.

Also, I've heard wonderful things about cherry and pomegranate juices.
    Yeah, I've read that tart cherry 100% juice (as opposed to other types of cherry juice) is good for inflammation and arthritis. Pretty danged tasty too!

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

Where does sushi and the like come in? I don't eat a lot of it in one sitting - not a huge eater in general despite my love of food! - but I'll have a spicy tuna roll, or tuna with lettuce and rice and avocado at least three times a week for lunch.

Love pomegranate fruit except for all those fucken seeds! The juices are good too if u can find some real.
    hedonist said:

I would think sushi is great as long as it is the protien based rolls and not tempura.My problem is I then dip my California roll in teriyaki and wash it down with those Saki Bombs you hear me rave about.Its kinda a weekly thing and the next morning I'm like a puffer fish.A happy one though.
    Interesting how the though Lounge Car has taken a temporary transformation into the Whole Earth Dining Car. One of these we all gotta bust loose here and break out the bottle again. :-))

edited October 2014
    i see pure cherry juice at the health sections of the two store i frequent. i haven't purchased any but it is wonderful im sure. some are in a can, some are in bottles. i'll read the labels next time.
    one thing is for sure, the stuff isn't cheap.

brian,
    chia seeds are the miracle i partake in everyday.
    chia seeds have...
    more calcium than milk
    more iron than spinach
    more antioxidents than blueberries
    more more more the list goes on
    more omega three fatty acid than salmon
    there's a whole pile of stuff that i'm not remembering

aztecs used chia seeds in ceremonies, used on hunting trips & during their battles. just a little handfull & water does the trick. energy boosting & for athletes or for aztecs or whomever doing some jungle tribal warfare

i've only missed one week total w/out chia seeds out of the last four years. there is no other way

http://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-nutrition-of-chia.html
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Ha, Brian! I'm just post-work decompressing in my usual way :D

rr, yeah - seaweed, rice, cuke, tuna and avocado in the roll. Plus plenty of wasabi!

BB, pomegranates were a staple on the Persian side of my family. Somehow, they always got those damn arils out. Soooo good! I love the pops of juice when you bite 'em.
    chadwick, how does it/do they taste? And does it have a pulpy sense in water? I've been curious to try it since you've mentioned it over time.
    edited October 2014
    the dry seeds when put in water (or whatever... salad, roasts, etc. although i've never added chia seeds to a roast, you can though im sure) moisture turns a dry chia seed into a plumper hydrated gel coated chia seed. in 15 min or so a table spoon or teaspoon, whatever it is im using, thousands of dried seeds come alive & each individualized seed now is a gel covered miracle

many put them in yogurt & cereals

go get a sack or a jar of 'em & in the jars they have a plastic scoop for you. that's the scoop i been using for years.
    dump one scoop into a glass of water. watch the transformation & become excited

$13 - $20
    bob's red mill sack are about $13
    jar size whatever brand they are ... $20
    each are 16 ounces & last me one month

sometimes my water bottle sprouts green rooted plant material. i just eat it & go on my way

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Thanks, chadwick (though you did not address the pulpy factor!).

They sell the water at my local market; will start small and pick up a bottle when I go there tomorrow.
    hydration is the pulpy seed vs' it's slighter self in dried up form

no no no. make your own. the already made up chia water is probably flavored. make your own, you'll do a cartwheel

anyhow... do as you wish. i hope you enjoy those chias

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited October 2014
    i bet if you went to a health food store, i bet they'd fix you up a glass.... let you fix yourself up a glass.
    a sample if you will

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    that ed vedder would be thrilled if he dumped chia seeds into his wine

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    they also sell milled chia seed. flour anyone? i bought a box when i was out of seeds & the store was out too except they had milled chia seeds. that worked & saved me from having a mental & physical breakdown

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited October 2014
    chadwick said:

that ed vedder would be thrilled if he dumped chia seeds into his wine

This is hilarious.

I just want to get a sense of its texture and how it'll affect my body/digestion.

Will definitely check the ingredients on the bottle though - nothing iffy, no sugar, artificial stuff.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You guys crack me up with all this food talk.
    edited October 2014
    just to let you know, for me anyway the energy bit isn't super duper ON. so it's not a hardcore speed type feeling nor even is it like coffee or a soda. its just healthy good stuff. no jitters. i would not steer you wrong

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

just to let you know, for me anyway the energy bit isn't super duper ON. so it's not a hardcore speed type feeling nor even is it like coffee or a soda. its just healthy good stuff. no jitters. i would not steer you wrong

I know you wouldn't :)

I'm SO not into the speedy feeling (can't believe I partook in cocaine during my late teens...fucking idiot I was), now just one cup of joe in the morning. The hyper thing, just not me, my personality.

Feel-good stuff? All for it.