The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Reno, Pyramid Lake, and the Bonneville salt flats were awesome and now we are chilling in Colorado. Good times!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Nice Gambs .Where in Colorado r u guys at
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Ah, fuckin Perry and Navarro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165xjOwk78s

And yeah gambino, how goes the road tripping with your favorite allies?
    Ft Collins Colorado.
    Went up into Rocky Mtn NP yesterday, saw some Elk bugling and locking horns, and my family wasr interviewed as part of a special 9News out of Denver is making about the 100 year anniversary of the park. Sweet stuff. Vacation is the shit!
    Little Simon's cheeks keep getting chapped in the wind, and the dogs are being a HUGE pain in the ass, but otherwise all is going very well.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    rgambs said:

Ft Collins Colorado.
    Went up into Rocky Mtn NP yesterday, saw some Elk bugling and locking horns, and my family wasr interviewed as part of a special 9News out of Denver is making about the 100 year anniversary of the park. Sweet stuff. Vacation is the shit!
    Little Simon's cheeks keep getting chapped in the wind, and the dogs are being a HUGE pain in the ass, but otherwise all is going very well.

The Rockies are awesome! Have a great time Gambs!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P said:

haha!! It's gotta be Friday!

Cheers, Jason!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Cheerio ol' chap!
    Been a long week and my back has been rearing its head (or back, I suppose) with a roar, so I'm joining Kramer and anyone else of you lovely people downing - or inhaling.

I can't do Cosmo's smoke / drink trick though.
    Came upon this beauty after listening to an acoustic/demo of Lennon's Watching the Wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRf9Is4UOvY
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    With all the sad news lately I thought I'd post this bit of good/positive news.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/30/photo-of-boys-heartwarming-gesture-towards-blind-deer-goes-vira/21242997/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&intcmp=hplnws

Photo of boy's heartwarming gesture towards blind deer goes viral[

Oh, deer.

There are some seriously good people in this world. And now one boy's touching act towards an animal is going viral.

A http://imgur.com/1SAeoTU photo shared to https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/3musjd/there_is_a_blind_deer_in_our_neighborhood_and/ Reddit shows a boy leading a blind deer to a patch of grass so it can eat breakfast.

The 10-year-old reportedly walks the blind deer from one patch of grass to another every morning before school to make sure the doe finds food.

Reddit user https://www.reddit.com/user/bluecollarclassicist bluecollarclassicist commented that he took the photo after seeing the boy's touching gesture towards the deer. He said his wife has called the local wildlife rescue facility who made plans to bring the docile animal to a forest preserve.

However, he noted, "I wish I could do something for the kid. He's probably going to miss her."

The Reddit user also said that the boy showed extreme maturity when he found out about the deer's fate:

"He just wanted her to be ok and was relieved to know she would be safe." bluecollarclassicist, Reddit User.

He said that although the rest of the neighborhood had been caring for the doe, the boy was "by far the sweetest example of helping."

The https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/3musjd/there_is_a_blind_deer_in_our_neighborhood_and/ Reddit user said that as a gesture of goodwill, he and his wife are going to give the boy a framed photo of the deer and offer to take the 10-year-old to visit the wildlife reserve "whenever he wants to go."

What a hero.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Nice G
  • rr165892 said:

Nice G

Really nice
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    ONE MORE....
    Not really good news sort of.....can bring out the emotions and a smile......but a great story to share that I came across...

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

The kid's only ten and doing this? I have high hopes for him :)

Thanks for posting that, g.

(however, you are seriously fucking with my eyes on your "one more" follow-up)
    B
    hedonist said:

I don't know what happened when I previewed it it was fine to read but after I posted it, it shows up in minlture. Is there anyway you can enlarge it like I can on this iPad? It's a story worth reading.

PeAce

Really nice on that last one g.keep the warm and fuzzies coming
    rr165892 said:

I know what it means to lose a wallet and the amazing things that can happen to actually get it back. Instead of in that story 3 bucks in the wallet I had $289 cash and hadn't paid my bills yet, that was 15 years ago. I'll tell that one another time.....that's why the story above brought me to tears.

Peace

g under p said:

B

hedonist said:

I don't know what happened when I previewed it it was fine to read but after I posted it, it shows up in minlture. Is there anyway you can enlarge it like I can on this iPad? It's a story worth reading.

PeAce

Good suggestion - I was able to bring them up in separate windows and enlarge.

Thank you and damn you too for making me tear up while at work!
    rr165892 said:

Ok I will, this one did it again with tears as of October 30th I became a uncle for the first time....her name is Quinn Margaret ...... ......... My sister is a breast cancer survivor, kemo etc and couldn't have a child. Advancement in medicine made it so she had her baby girl at 46. So here's the story that's somewhat similar so far....

Watching This Man Learn His Wife Is Pregnant - After 17 Years - Will Make Your Day

An amazing moment between http://wric.com/2015/09/29/viral-video-dinwiddie-man-breaks-down-when-he-learns-hes-going-to-be-a-dad/"]a Virginia couple is going viral, showing a husband sobbing uncontrollably at the news that his wife - after 17 years of marriage - is pregnant.

The woman, Dana Griffin-Graves, gave the backstory http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/a-dad-to-be-wept-uncontrollably-when-his-wife-told-him-she-w?utm_term=.nkXA49knn#.tlYKP7G33"]to Buzzfeed: she and her husband, Arkell, began trying to have a baby nearly two decades ago, after they got married.

She delivered one stillborn baby at six months and suffered another four miscarriages through the years.

The couple gradually accepted that they would not have children.

“It just didn’t work out, so we kind of gave up,” she said.

But recently, noticing a suspicious weight gain, she went to her doctor and found out she was unexpectedly expecting.
    She's almost five months along and is due to have a boy February 16.

Grab some tissues and watch the video above. Dana cleverly placed the ultrasound picture next to some buns in the oven and asked Arkell to look inside.

http://youtu.be/Cmd0HBAb6CM

Also after video's over you can click on the full video story.

Peace

Checking in here this AM... Good way to start the day!

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Epic amounts of beer consumed last night and I still feel wonderful. GO CUBS GO!!! It was great seeing EV in the locker room during the celebration...lucky badtard!!! Keep an eye out next week for Eddie to play around town a few times.... And if they beat the Cardnals....sheeeee-it!!!!
    Congrats Dan-O.See we give you Madden and some Fl love and now look at you baby bears
    musky, I saw a couple photos of Ed with the Cubs. He looked starry-eyed. Kinda sweet.

Here in fantastic LA, it's 99 degrees.

Ninety-fucking-nine - after 6pm - AND IT'S OCTOBER.

Damned Indian summers (yes, I know, another Morrison reference...fits though)

Have a drink, have a drink, I'm buying!
    Gambsy,any road trip pics?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend?
    Go Cubs!
    Yeah, I will post some up soon!
    Looking forward to them, gambo - along with one of he-who-is-blessed-with-lots-of-hair.

My husband came home after his sixth long day of working, said "god, it smells so good in the hallway - like steak!" I directed him to the kitchen.

Maybe I didn't cook it myself, but I'm one badass online orderer!
    One cannot under appreciate a good phone food orderer.Good for you Hedo.