The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited October 2015
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1917013595191066&type=1&l=1ea5434e1d

There we go, I think that worked.
    It was a good vacation!
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gambsy,great stuff my man.
    SG,looking dapper in his get up.Your beard is looking healthy and goes perfectly fitting with your first name.
    What was the wedding theme? Was the dress code religious in nature or just a theme?
    rr165892 said:

Gambsy,great stuff my man.
    SG,looking dapper in his get up.Your beard is looking healthy and goes perfectly fitting with your first name.
    What was the wedding theme? Was the dress code religious in nature or just a theme?

Thank you!
    It was vintage dress.
    Some were a little hipster for our taste, but altogether it made for a very remarkable wedding. There wasn't a single mention of deity in the entire wedding process, which we really liked. The last wedding we went to was Catholic, and it seemed like the guy in the gaudy robe was the focus, not the bride and groom.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Love 'em! Especially the 12th and 14th ones down on the right. And the one with your pretty pooches staring off.
    You've been in my thoughts today, Brian. Hope you and Celia are taking care of yourselves and each other :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

You've been in my thoughts today, Brian. Hope you and Celia are taking care of yourselves and each other :)

Thanks so much, Hedo. I'm definite a major wimp when it comes to letting a pet go. (For those who don't know, the bookstore cat, Goldie, passed away in her sleep yesterday). The other "regular" at the store, Nancy's dog Abbie as well as Annie, our cat at home, are getting big doses of affection lately. :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Congrats Dan-O.See we give you Madden and some Fl love and now look at you baby bears

None of this happens without Madden Ryan. As a token of my appreciation I will send you something appropriate if we go ALL THE WAY. I will be a busy boy doing my work thing if it happens, but hopefully will get on the field or be somewhere near the action. I quite honestly do not know how to comprehend what is happening…I can go on and on and on about how much the Chicago Cubs have been a huge part of my life….Not to mention I hit Batting Practice at Wrigley this summer and Jacked one off Chris Bosio (pitching coach) over the 368 wall. One of the biggest sporting accomplishments of my life, plus I got the ball from a construction worker who was working on the bleachers...
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    hedonist said:

musky, I saw a couple photos of Ed with the Cubs. He looked starry-eyed. Kinda sweet.

Here in fantastic LA, it's 99 degrees.

Ninety-fucking-nine - after 6pm - AND IT'S OCTOBER.

Damned Indian summers (yes, I know, another Morrison reference...fits though)

Have a drink, have a drink, I'm buying!

He is a true CUBS fan and loves Baseball Hedo. The conversations I have had w/ him over the years have all been about the CUBS, Walter Payton, and Hawaii. Check this out below, its pretty much sums up his crazy love for this team...

https://youtu.be/urVTx-DNJPs
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Thanks so much, Hedo. I'm definite a major wimp when it comes to letting a pet go. (For those who don't know, the bookstore cat, Goldie, passed away in her sleep yesterday). The other "regular" at the store, Nancy's dog Abbie as well as Annie, our cat at home, are getting big doses of affection lately. :smile:
    Sorry to hear about your cat Brian!
    These wonderful pets are like family members and really missed when they are gone!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    kce8 said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Sorry to hear about your cat Brian!
    These wonderful pets are like family members and really missed when they are gone!
    Very sad news, Brian. Of all the members of my household, I have the best rapport with my Molly (named after Molly Bloom, a bookseller should appreciate that one). She's 14 now, and I know that I will be inconsolable when her time comes.

I've lost a father, a grandmother, an uncle, dear friends and more -- all without a single tear. It's gonna be Niagra Falls when I lose Molly.

Take care, friend. Three fingers of Laphroaig coming up in memory of Goldie.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Joining you, dankind. Just not Laphroaig :)

Losing a pet, no matter how, is just devastating. Becomes easier over time but always stays with you - much like the memories. Glad Annie's getting some extra loving.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Oh Brian, sorry to hear about Goldie. It sounds as if it was peaceful at least. Give Abbie and Annie a special petting from me.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • You know what?

For various reasons... my wife and I made the decision to get a cat for my daughter last summer.

I was probably the least excited, but I have to be honest... this little grey and black tabby has been awesome for our house. My son, a strapping 17 year old who'll be playing university basketball next year, without fail upon entering the house yells out, "Where is she? Where is she?" And I can't begin to explain how she has more than met our hopes and expectations for our daughter's needs.

Nutty, crazy, spastic, and affectionate. The perfect pet for us.

Why do I say all this stuff? Because I'm feeling you, Brian. Your present has made me think of the inevitable moment when this little gal isn't so spunky, sleeps more than she used to, and eventually passes. It'll be tough. It really will.

Good on you for giving the cat a good home. So many have it so rough. Cats are truly an underrated animal and pet and I know, knowing how you express yourself, that Goldie had a rockin life and passed content- in her sleep likely in a patch of sun!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Thank you all so much, friends. Dankind and Thirty, great stories/thoughts- thanks for those. It all means a lot to me. Like probably all of us, I've been down this road before but this one kind of blind-sided me. One day everything seems normal as can be- she moving OK for her advanced age, eating normally- and the next day she curls up and moves on. It really set me back on my heals.

Here's the photo of Goldie taken behind the store from a few years ago one of my fellow workers posted on The Bookery Placerville FaceBook page:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Brian,I'm late to the party here.Well wishes from here.Im sorry for your loss bud.

Dan-O, Continued mojo being sent your way.I am an adopted fan for this post season.Dont forget once the RRs and Foo Fighters have entered Wrigley negative energy hauls ass.So its smooth sailing.

Thanks, rr. Much appreciated.

We had out first BIG storm here in Nor Cal since, oh what, the Eisenhower Administration? Lots of thunder and lightening and POURING rain! Yeah!

No complaints but it did mean only about 3 hours sleep. Needing some strong coffee this morning! :smile:

Strong coffee and the well-wishes of folks like these make for a nice morning brew!
    My condolences on the loss of a friend, we all know that pain and sympathize with you!
    Enjoy the rain.You kids need it.
    Dan-0
    I forgot back to the future 2 predicted a 2015 World Series championship for the Cubbies.Just Sayin.
    Hedo, two things.
    First, auto correct has assured me several times that you are Jedi. Awesome.
    Second, I owe you a flagon of ale. I promised one for all latechimers, sametimers, lurkers, and ligerers..or some such nonsense.

Put down the cheba and cozy up to the burliest ale of which you can fathom a flagon.
    gambs, two things from me.

First, the Jedi thing made me smile more than you know.
    Second, fathom a flagon is a beautifully-kneaded dough of language.

Cheers, friend.
    If "flame on" is what The Torch does, what does "flag on" apply to? A patriot? A referee?

Who'd have thought Manson and Corgan would do so well together?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy3Xm7iHx7I
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    brianlux said:

If "flame on" is what The Torch does, what does "flag on" apply to? A patriot? A referee?

An embassy?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I am sorry, having never heard the term before... when I read 'fathom a flagon'... I think it describes male adolescent behaviour. The kind of behaviour reported to cause blindness.

Or passing wind.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

I am sorry, having never heard the term before... when I read 'fathom a flagon'... I think it describes male adolescent behaviour. The kind of behaviour reported to cause blindness.

Or passing wind.

Haha! Gotta be the former. :whistle:

• Brian,
    So sorry to hear about Goldie. My thoughts are with you.
    brianlux said:

A troll
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Sorry in advance to maybe interrupt the Loungers mood this Sunday evening ;) but I just thought this would be the place for a (what was told to me) a "joke" .... (hope I don't mess with language)

There are sitting three guys at a table with 12 cookies...
    One top manager/financier, one working-class guy and a refugee...
    Top manager took 11 cookies and say to his fellow countryman: "Hurry up! The refugee will get your cookie!"

:pensive:
    The message was relayed well and not lost on me, kce!