The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    It IS nice, isn't it, WH?

I'm heading to my place today or tomorrow. Last time I went, I was greeted by a smiling gentleman - looked like a huge version of Ving Rhames - who gently hugged me and then handed me a free pre-roll.

So happy I found this joint.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It's on the ballot in Ohio this year, fingers crossed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    It's on the ballot in Ohio this year, fingers crossed.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

Hey rr, been pretty pissed about the play of my boys the past 2 games, but these Blackhawks have been through this many many times before. This game tomr night aught to be something else….must Win for the Hawks, but aren't they all..

Fun series so far.Bishop was peppered mon night but kept it cool.These are some scrappy piss and vinegar teams.Im really enjoying it.Regardless of weather the Bolts win or loose.

On my way to Wrigleyville to watch the big game tonight rr....Ground Zero for Hawks Craziness. This city is ready to explode!!!! If the Hawks lift Lord Stanley's Cup tonight it will be the first time they have achieved this feat at Home in over 70 years. I am so stoked they did not make me work tonight. Its been such a hard fought tight series and regardless what happens tonight or game 7, the Lightening are going to be very special for years to come.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Why do I have the feeling the Blackhawks are going to blow this game? 1-0 TB. Blackhawks haven't clinched a title at home since the 30's.....
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

Hey rr, been pretty pissed about the play of my boys the past 2 games, but these Blackhawks have been through this many many times before. This game tomr night aught to be something else….must Win for the Hawks, but aren't they all..

Fun series so far.Bishop was peppered mon night but kept it cool.These are some scrappy piss and vinegar teams.Im really enjoying it.Regardless of weather the Bolts win or loose.

On my way to Wrigleyville to watch the big game tonight rr....Ground Zero for Hawks Craziness. This city is ready to explode!!!! If the Hawks lift Lord Stanley's Cup tonight it will be the first time they have achieved this feat at Home in over 70 years. I am so stoked they did not make me work tonight. Its been such a hard fought tight series and regardless what happens tonight or game 7, the Lightening are going to be very special for years to come.
    Enjoy.you guys should put Bishop on your payroll.Dude gave you a goal,lol.
    Should be fun either way.Watch out for my Panthers next year.Young, scrappy and fast.Just sayin
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

Should be fun either way.Watch out for my Panthers next year.Young, scrappy and fast.Just sayin
    Lord Stanley's Cup is in its Rightfull place my friend. I am totally blown but can't wait to chase around THE CUP around the city for the next couple of weeks. I have held and kissed it twice already and hope to drink from it this year….This is a Dynasty…The CUBS are next soon..
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

Lord Stanley's Cup is in its Rightfull place my friend. I am totally blown but can't wait to chase around THE CUP around the city for the next couple of weeks. I have held and kissed it twice already and hope to drink from it this year….This is a Dynasty…The CUBS are next soon..
    Congrats.Go shopping at the PJ store and let me know what shirt you pick.Great series.Was a blast.
    I will get a chance at redemption when My Tampa Bay Bucs play those stinkin Bears in the fall!!!!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited June 2015
    So I got a news alert yesterday, that the Hawks win!!! Congrats To all the Chicagoans!! That's AWESOME! The horse racing world got its first Triple Crown in 37 years, and the Hawks take the cup for the first time in, you said almost 70 years?!?!? This is truly a great year for sports!
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

Congrats.Go shopping at the PJ store and let me know what shirt you pick.Great series.Was a blast.
    I will get a chance at redemption when My Tampa Bay Bucs play those stinkin Bears in the fall!!!!
    I sure will rr….. I just got back from the Cubs game and saw the Boys w/ their Cup before the game. It never get's old seeing the Cup and the excitement it generates …
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    A little Benjamin Booker for ya'll on this Tuesday evening. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rgC-0x7fd4
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

http://youtu.be/SThGnrorGW8
    Some good old Billy Holliday. Love her voice like sweet Jazz silk. My mother used to comment that her voice was comparable to the feeling of silk sheets on freshly shaved legs; in your ears. Listening to her records, makes me think of my mother, and how each set of musicians represented a different time in her life. Billy Holliday, Patsy Cline, Aretha Franklin, and Joan Baez were the ones whom represented her contemplative phases. This song was on the radio the night we snuck away from
    The psycho Cuban asshole she'd married. The one and only time she ever apologized to my sister and I for fucking us over; was to apologize for marrying that fucker as we stole away, singing this song.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172

So I got a news alert yesterday, that the Hawks win!!! Congrats To all the Chicagoans!! That's AWESOME! The horse racing world got its first Triple Crown in 37 years, and the Hawks take the cup for the first time in, you said almost 70 years?!?!? This is truly a great year for sports!

Actually, theyve won the Cup now for the third time in 6 years. They had not won the Cup at HOMEin 70 years. It's always too kool to win this Stanley Cup at home, it's got to an extra special feeling. Congrats to the Blackhawks the team with the best looking jersey in all of (both home and away) hockey with the Boston Bruins whom I love coming second.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited June 2015
    I just got back from a AWESOME bicycle ride on AIA along the ocean here in Palm Beach. It was 40 miles this morning before the heat kicks in with only one episode of cramping. My riding to work has helped me complete this ride every Wednesday.

This will all get me in shape to accomplish one of my "bucket list" riding around big Lake Okeechobee here in Florida. It's only 116 miles, I t'll feel like in the TDF in France.

My other riding "bucket list" L'Alpe D' Huez in France, 21 switch backs almost straight up a mountain side.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

Actually, theyve won the Cup now for the third time in 6 years. They had not won the Cup at HOMEin 70 years. It's always too kool to win this Stanley Cup at home, it's got to an extra special feeling. Congrats to the Blackhawks the team with the best looking jersey in all of (both home and away) hockey with the Boston Bruins whom I love coming second.

Peace

Even better! Thank you. :-)
    hedonist said:

This fucker needs a bump!

First, what's going on with this series and which of you two are nearing "in your face!" territory?

Second, ... (just love the happiness it brings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19Fje5_Zqo

Burn One Down....so good this country is starting to accept that plant will become part of our society instead of being ostracized.

One of the coolest musician I ever met backstage who talked to me for 10-15, just before my friend Michael Franti went on stage at the Langerado Fest in S. FL.

This is one of my favorites by BH.

http://youtu.be/rtN9-JdNMZA

Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals.....Excuse Me, Mister

Like this version a very nice change. From the Innocent Criminals Leon Mobley the percussionist, drummer I shook his hands in DC before a show HE had hands of steel. Man can he play those bungos

Peace

edited June 2015
    G,Careful riding the lake.Weird shit and accidents always seem to pop up on the west side by Moorehaven.Its gotta be Africa hot on the west side.Pahokee has some cool shit to see by the marina.But those roads man ,be careful.
    I was coming off Jupiter Island last week and had some road bikers in front of me,they were all over the road,not being smart.Nearly clipped em.
    714 west of Palm City out to Okeechobee is a nice ride through a Southern Oak canopy.Real cool
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    rr165892 said:

G,Careful riding the lake.Weird shit and accidents always seem to pop up on the west side by Moorehaven.Its gotta be Africa hot on the west side.Pahokee has some cool shit to see by the marina.But those roads man ,be careful.
    I was coming off Jupiter Island last week and had some road bikers in front of me,they were all over the road,not being smart.Nearly clipped em.
    714 west of Palm City out to Okeechobee is a nice ride through a Southern Oak canopy.Real cool

Thank you I understand what you are saying. I was being cautious today in that it was my first time riding that far near the end of Manalapan Island. I didn't ride to the end because I wanted to leave something an incentive for next Wednesday. Even in a car I've never driven that far on the island. There was a quarter mile stretch where the trees covered the road and it appeared to be like a tunnel. Similar to a place in Jamaica called Fern Gully where no sunlight shines through....it's completely covered over in vegetation.

As for Lake Okeechobee it's completely unformiliar territory for me. I am not riding it till winter preferably in February. After what you've said I'll drive out there a couple times and ride a couple 30-50 mile training rides to get used to what's out there. Thanks again rr.

Peace

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    g under p said:

I just got back from a AWESOME bicycle ride on AIA along the ocean here in Palm Beach. It was 40 miles this morning before the heat kicks in with only one episode of cramping. My riding to work has helped me complete this ride every Wednesday.

This will all get me in shape to accomplish one of my "bucket list" riding around big Lake Okeechobee here in Florida. It's only 116 miles, I t'll feel like in the TDF in France.

My other riding "bucket list" L'Alpe D' Huez in France, 21 switch backs almost straight up a mountain side.

Peace

Fantastic - good luck to you. Early in 2015 I started cycling to work 1 day a week, and now am up to at least 4, sometimes all 5 days a week. I'm doing longer training runs on the weekend to get ready for a 4 day cycle trip along the Kettle Valley trail in BC at the end of July. We won't be doing as many km/day as you are, but with all our cycling gear in the paniers and on racks it may feel like that many! Nice to hear that some other forum friends are cyclists.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Happy Friday !!!!!!
    Hope all is well Loungers?So who's got some cool plans this weekend?
    A pre happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there,and for those of us who's poppa bears aren't with us anymore,I'm raising a glass in their honor this weekend.

No big events in the rr house this weekend.A rare quiet concert weekend.Maybe chill by the pool with some tasty accompaniments tomorrow afternoon.Heading off shore early tomorrow morning with The Mrs and 2 of my pals.Kingfish and Dolphin are running plus We are overrun with Sharks right now right along the coast.The GulfStream dips its closest to land here in Jupiter so we gunna chum and see what cool visitors we can get up close to.
    Seas are flat so it should be super chill.Its fucking Africa hot down here right now.ehhh.I will try to take a couple of pics if anything is pic worthy.
    Cheers
    Lol, I also say it's Africa hot. It's been miserable here for the past week. Next week's forecast looked like this:
    Sunday-100°
    Monday-100°
    Tuesday-100°
    Wednesday-99°
    Thursday-100°

That is Africa Hot!

Lol, I also say it's Africa hot. It's been miserable here for the past week. Next week's forecast looked like this:
    Sunday-100°
    Monday-100°
    Tuesday-100°
    Wednesday-99°
    Thursday-100°

That is Africa Hot!

We're right behind you, skirting around and hitting triple digits a few times lately (for sure tomorrow)... but without the intense humidity, so I can't complaint! (and it wouldn't do any good if I did, haha!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    As I was leaving for work this morning, this curly-haired ginger asked her husband if I looked bed-heady.

His response? "Eh, it's Friday."

:angry:

Aside from hopefully taking a cruise on down to the beach (where it will be cool and breezy!), no plans this weekend as I'll celebrate my dad in my own way as I've done since he died. It's comforting and if by chance his spirit is hovering around his daughters, he'll know and love it as he did when he was alive.

PS - Last-12, I was about to scold you about all of your recent av changes, but this is a nice one...fitting.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    So I realized we have different dates for Father´s Day!
    My first thought was about rgambs who (as much as I know) can celebrate it for the first time!!!
    Congrats and Cheers to you rgambs! :joy:

I hope all you dads will have a great day, especially those who have to go through difficult times...!

Hedonist, that sounds grate...hope it will be a very good day for you too!

And you rr, you are a damn lucky guy to live on a place like Jupiter! Your words made me kind of jealous of getting the chance to go to the beach and watch sharks and Dolphins in free nature.
    :how_interesting:
    I just came back home from a very nice evening with my friends who are currently living in Mobile AL for four years. They are here for the first time since one year and I am so happy - I missed them so much! And it´s raining and foggy like hell as usually when they come home!
    Anyways, they were already living there in 1999 for one year. I have spend three weeks there and saw Dolphins real close at Pansacola beach! I will never forget that!

Have a great day loungers! At my side of the world it´s 1 am now, time to go to sleep...
    hedonist said:

As I was leaving for work this morning, this curly-haired ginger asked her husband if I looked bed-heady.

Aside from hopefully taking a cruise on down to the beach (where it will be cool and breezy!), no plans this weekend as I'll celebrate my dad in my own way as I've done since he died. It's comforting and if by chance his spirit is hovering around his daughters, he'll know and love it as he did when he was alive.

PS - Last-12, I was about to scold you about all of your recent av changes, but this is a nice one...fitting.

The Charleston 9 picture was supposed to be up just for yesterday. When I put the first charleston picture up, the thumbnail wouldn't fit the charlestonstrong. So I found one that would fit. I'm sure this one will only last about a week or so. I have been thinking about going back to my very first avatar, just a pic of McCready wailing.

hedonist said:

The Charleston 9 picture was supposed to be up just for yesterday. When I put the first charleston picture up, the thumbnail wouldn't fit the charlestonstrong. So I found one that would fit. I'm sure this one will only last about a week or so. I have been thinking about going back to my very first avatar, just a pic of McCready wailing.
    That's a cool photo, Last-12 but so was the one of you and your wife.

I have a friend here who sort of razzed me in a very friendly way about my frequent avatar changes lately. I keep coming back to this one but realized today it's a photo that was taken 5 years ago. Where does the time go?!

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

That's a cool photo, Last-12 but so was the one of you and your wife.

I have a friend here who sort of razzed me in a very friendly way about my frequent avatar changes lately. I keep coming back to this one but realized today it's a photo that was taken 5 years ago. Where does the time go?!

That picture of my wife and I is almost 3 years old. I don't know why, but I don't think people identify me with my avatar. After hedos near tongue lashing, I know I am wrong!!
    rr165892 said:

Happy Friday !!!!!!
    Hope all is well Loungers?So who's got some cool plans this weekend?
    A pre happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there,and for those of us who's poppa bears aren't with us anymore,I'm raising a glass in their honor this weekend.

No big events in the rr house this weekend.A rare quiet concert weekend.Maybe chill by the pool with some tasty accompaniments tomorrow afternoon.Heading off shore early tomorrow morning with The Mrs and 2 of my pals.Kingfish and Dolphin are running plus We are overrun with Sharks right now right along the coast.The GulfStream dips its closest to land here in Jupiter so we gunna chum and see what cool visitors we can get up close to.
    Seas are flat so it should be super chill.Its fucking Africa hot down here right now.ehhh.I will try to take a couple of pics if anything is pic worthy.
    Cheers

Gonna go white water rafting tomorrow.. That's cool and fun! Lol and happy Father's Day weekend to all the Dads out there! Well. I'm off to bed. Gotta be up at 4 am!
    edited June 2015
    On Facebook I am Levi Gambs, look me up! I am friends with Mr. Lux, and I would be honored to be friends with you as well. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't, but I believe there is real respect between us.
    rgambs said:

On Facebook I am Levi Gambs, look me up! I am friends with Mr. Lux, and I would be honored to be friends with you as well. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't, but I believe there is real respect between us.

And I am honored to be friends with you, Mr. Gambs!