The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    OMG-The lounge almost got rolled into page 2.That is not exceptable!!! Way to much "serious talk" lately in the AMT and not enough chilling in the lounge.Here's a toast celebrating Cornell announcing his solo tour.Unlike PJ,Cornell the great has 2 Florida dates in Rocktober and I will be at both.Cheers!!! And get your tickets.Presale tomorrow through Amex.I got Presale code if anyone needs it.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=u2pNjgGdU7M
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited June 2015
    rr165892 said:

OMG-The lounge almost got rolled into page 2.That is not exceptable!!! Way to much "serious talk" lately in the AMT and not enough chilling in the lounge.Here's a toast celebrating Cornell announcing his solo tour.Unlike PJ,Cornell the great has 2 Florida dates in Rocktober and I will be at both.Cheers!!! And get your tickets.Presale tomorrow through Amex.I got Presale code if anyone needs it.

Good stuff Ryan. Haven't been in here in a while. Here's a little rasta tunes for the lounge.

Black uhuru
    http://youtu.be/kygSN6-ICFg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    Ha ha! It's always smooth sailing here in The Lounge Car!

And rr, I my wife and I spent the afternoon in San Francisco yesterday and it was a perfect day in the city by the bay! We walked all over Golden Gate Park on a do-it-yourself flower walk and the flowers everywhere were outrageous! Plus saw a guy near the music concourse (how appropriate) who looked a lot like Stone. So, no worries, S.F. is far from fucked! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I haven't been to San Francisco in I don't know how many years. I'm convinced that city has the best restaurants in the country. Was there on a business trip and my boss and I went to this tiny place, sat at the bar. Shared a carpaccio that I still remember and perhaps continue to drool over. Simple shit too - almost sheer slices of beef, liberal (oh the irony =) ) on the pepper, drizzle of olive oil and shaved parm.

With double scotches, neat!

Great music, guys. And rr, congrats on the CC tickets! Just read of another friend here who scored some.
    brianlux said:

Ha ha! It's always smooth sailing here in The Lounge Car!

And rr, I my wife and I spent the afternoon in San Francisco yesterday and it was a perfect day in the city by the bay! We walked all over Golden Gate Park on a do-it-yourself flower walk and the flowers everywhere were outrageous! Plus saw a guy near the music concourse (how appropriate) who looked a lot like Stone. So, no worries, S.F. is far from fucked! :smiley:

The Earthquake experts couldn't agree with you more Bri.Cali is not falling into the ocean anytime soon.But that dosent sell movie tickets now does it?
    Now what's scary is your drought which is sinking your state (8' in some areas) due to use of the deep ground water supply via well drilling in the Central Valley.Time to re explore salt water conversion.
    hedonist said:

I haven't been to San Francisco in I don't know how many years. I'm convinced that city has the best restaurants in the country. Was there on a business trip and my boss and I went to this tiny place, sat at the bar. Shared a carpaccio that I still remember and perhaps continue to drool over. Simple shit too - almost sheer slices of beef, liberal (oh the irony =) ) on the pepper, drizzle of olive oil and shaved parm.

With double scotches, neat!

Great music, guys. And rr, congrats on the CC tickets! Just read of another friend here who scored some.

I was told the food was the best in SF prior to my visit.Although I had some enjoyable meals,none blew me away with the exception of a Margharita pizza from Tony's in North Beach.I felt terribly let down as I was expecting to be wowed!Maybe I just picked the wrong places.
    NYC,ATL,and believe it or not St.Louis have been memorable food cities where every meal kicked ass.Cant wait to put Chicago to the test in Aug.
    Cornell is opening the tour in Cali.You left coasters should go.Its an acoustic tour.Soooooo solid.
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

Good stuff Ryan. Haven't been in here in a while. Here's a little rasta tunes for the lounge.

Black uhuru
    http://youtu.be/kygSN6-ICFg
    Contemplating coming up for the Beacon Show.My oldest may be moving to the City in Sept(Right by the Highline near the Beirgarten ).So I'm thinking about trying for a set today.See what happens,how lucky I get in seat choice.If they rock I may have to pull the trigger.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Good luck to everyone trying to go to the CC shows.. Jealous!! I'm just hanging around, running around this beautiful state of mine and rocking out to some great tunes while I'm out...here's what's on my table today..
    http://youtu.be/ZDwotNLyz10
    Tasty selection
    rr165892 said:

I was told the food was the best in SF prior to my visit.Although I had some enjoyable meals,none blew me away with the exception of a Margharita pizza from Tony's in North Beach.I felt terribly let down as I was expecting to be wowed!Maybe I just picked the wrong places.
    NYC,ATL,and believe it or not St.Louis have been memorable food cities where every meal kicked ass.Cant wait to put Chicago to the test in Aug.
    Cornell is opening the tour in Cali.You left coasters should go.Its an acoustic tour.Soooooo solid.

First, I'm gonna check out the CC stuff though I think my concert days are close to over, due to my back.

Second, last time in SF, we had one of the best meals ever at a place we just happened upon. A fancy-shmancy twist on meat and potatoes but my GOD it was amazing. The architecture of the restaurant as well.

It was a trip with my sister and her husband, pulled out all the stops on the luxury side - Four Seasons hotel, shopping, etc. So we asked the concierge to recommend an authentic, non-touristy Chinese restaurant. She directed us to a place where the food was terrible, service arrogant, fellow diners boorish.

We still laugh about it.
    edited June 2015
    Acoustic tour Hedo.Sit and relax.no jumping.
    I decided to be old fashioned this am and instead of buying tix to Miami show on line I called the box office.about 5 min after the sale started.Wouldnt you know it,I scored 4 tix front row,center stage.Easy peezy. All at standard price.Fuck yeah!!!!!
    Just goes to show ,some Old school talking polite to people still has its perks.

Here's the tour info
    http://soundgardenworld.com/chris-cornell-announces-acoustic-higher-truth-tour-of-us-canada/

http://chriscornell.com/tour To buy tix today using Amex precede use INGOLD or 8778770987
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Old school talking polite to people still has its perks.

Amen - both for the perker AND the perkee!

Thanks for the links; will definitely check them out later.
    edited June 2015
    Ok Dan-O I'm posting this prior to puck drop.How about we call this wager a T-shirt from the pj store?
    Or bootleg CD ? Your choice.

And of course when Our Fl boys whoop some Chi town ass,you will be my donut eating bitch until I give you a chance at redemption next year.Sound good?lol
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Loving the sports rivalry!
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Ok Dan-O I'm posting this prior to puck drop.How about we call this wager a T-shirt from the pj store?
    Or bootleg CD ? Your choice.

And of course when Our Fl boys whoop some Chi town ass,you will be my donut eating bitch until I give you a chance at redemption next year.Sound good?lol

Done!!! Wow, you seen very confident. All I know is I have Toews, Kane, and Keith on my side. Bring it Boyz
    edited June 2015
    Game one is yours.Well done.
    I have got to remember to quit talking crap prior to games.karma is a bitch and I always end up regreting it.Back on track Sat.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

I have got to remember to quit talking crap prior to games.karma is a bitch and I always end up regreting it.Back on track Sat.

Lots of Hockey left my friend....tough losing to my Boys when none of the perennial Hall Of Famers Score..that's very concerning for the lightening cause everyone one of those 3 will be a difference maker in games to come. Losing in the 3rd the way they did has got to fuck them in the head a bit, especially Bishop which is the last thing in the world Any hockey team needs. Tampa played well, but these Hawks are very very very special. We will soon see what kind of leader Stamkos is, cause we already know what 19 in Red is all about....btw, I caught a 45" Musky today and watched the game in the dodgiest of bars in the northwoods of Wisonsin....nothin like buying a round of drinks for the bar that cost me 23 bucks...lol
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Lots of Hockey left my friend....tough losing to my Boys when none of the perennial Hall Of Famers Score..that's very concerning for the lightening cause everyone one of those 3 will be a difference maker in games to come. Losing in the 3rd the way they did has got to fuck them in the head a bit, especially Bishop which is the last thing in the world Any hockey team needs. Tampa played well, but these Hawks are very very very special. We will soon see what kind of leader Stamkos is, cause we already know what 19 in Red is all about....btw, I caught a 45" Musky today and watched the game in the dodgiest of bars in the northwoods of Wisonsin....nothin like buying a round of drinks for the bar that cost me 23 bucks...lol
    Nothing like top shelf Pabst Blue Ribbon for those cheese eating Packer fans!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Why did they close the AMT thread?
    Yeah, I just saw that.

It was at a really nice place, too (and I was about to give rr kudos for his post about his view of this little community, and how lovely his evening to come sounded).

Maybe we're not "owed" explanations when this type of thing happens, but it would be much appreciated!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    hedonist said:

Yeah, I just saw that.

It was at a really nice place, too (and I was about to give rr kudos for his post about his view of this little community, and how lovely his evening to come sounded).

Maybe we're not "owed" explanations when this type of thing happens, but it would be much appreciated!

I think we are owed an explanation.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,121

hedonist said:

Yeah, I just saw that.

I think we are owed an explanation.
    We all pay for the right to post as part of our membership dues. That alone should earn us the right to an explanation when a thread is closed.

Beyond that, this is a discussion forum. When a thread is closed seemingly without warning and definitely without explanation, it doesn't help foster discussion.

A sentence or two explaining why a thread has been closed should not be too much to expect. It should be standard operating procedure.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Thought it was pretty obvious and no explanation was necessary but that thread turned into a chat thread and this thread is the chat thread. It went off-topic a while back. Maybe you have a good topic to start? :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:

Thought it was pretty obvious and no explanation was necessary but that thread turned into a chat thread and this thread is the chat thread. It went off-topic a while back. Maybe you have a good topic to start? :)

Kat,Although we got chatty and off topic(like every thread,lol) isn't that still a free flow of thought and ideas?
    Kat said:

Hey Kat!

Usually a warning is given, and since the thread hadn't devolved into arguments (unlike other on-going ones that are riddled with personal animosity), the sudden shutdown was confusing - and it actually was a reflection of why some of us come here!

In any event, I don't run the joint - thankfully =)

Hope you and my fellow riders are having a good one. I've decided to make today my Friday. Long weekend, baby!
    Since I am not responding in the thread that is closed,I will respond here.

Hugh- yes you can tell me to fuck off in your own head.But wait until you have 3 feet of snow on the ground this winter.I think you will find it resonates some much more that way.

Cal -I'm buying drinks at the West Palm Show TBD

Hedo,Thank you.Maybe I will take a pic a of the view and post it up.It one of the real special things about living in Jupiter.

Side note,the place I'm going tonight is right next door to a tiki bar called the Square Grouper.It is famous for where Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet who both live locally shot the video and performed the song" 5 o clock somewhere".Its cool,all locals in the video I know quit a few of them and some great shots off shore while he is on his boat" Hullbilly". I'm glad I can share a little of my home with my lounge buddies.

The big concert was also filmed locally at Cruzan Amphitheatre.

Believe it or not that bar goes off like in the video.If every visiting South Florida it's worth a visit.Kid Rock and some other local musicians have been known to also grab the mic at random times.So that's cool as shit.

It 5 O'Clock somewhere.enjoy.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU
    Hedo I didn't see your post about the long weekend.awesome.enjoy
    Thank you, sir! I hope you do post a shot.

Gonna check out that song this evening.
    hedonist said:

Thank you, sir! I hope you do post a shot.

Gonna check out that song this evening.

Put on some flip flops.lol
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    rr165892 said:

Kat said:

Kat,Although we got chatty and off topic(like every thread,lol) isn't that still a free flow of thought and ideas?
    I agree. The thread was about the purpose of AMT. We all had various takes on that question which circled around the theme of open discussion and learning from each other. Then we continued to discuss and learn (about weekend plans and tiki bars), so definitely on topic.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf