The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Two peas in a pod.This was an unexpected pairing I ran across and it def keeps the Sunday morning chill vibe rolling.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=mlKaec-GHCM
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Well done, rr! And damn, you've got some great shows under your belt and to come.

I hadn't even known of Myles until I came upon his awesome pairing with Slash.

Hope everyone's having a good Sunday so far. We're already on the second load of laundry!

I see a nap in my future =)
    edited June 2015
    I'm heading to a show tonight as a matter of fact.
    Not one worthy of bragging about IMO,We have Train,The Fray and Matt Nathinson at the Cruzan/Coral Sky amphitheatre.I guess we will see if I will be pleasantly surprised.

How's your long weekend treating you?
    Totally unrelated,I dusted off my Guitars and amp this weekend.(I'm talking to you Gambs and Brian) Its been 12 years since I last picked it up.Forgot sooooooo much shit,but surprisingly within an hour had the whole song to Everlong down and working on Killing in the name of,and Outshined now.Keeping it in drop D today.cheers
    Sweet day so far - got some live RHCP going here while the dude is waxing Diablo (yes, I've named her!) - sounds like yours is similarly-sweet and musically-infused.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    hedonist said:

This morning, I saw a video for the first time of my dad when he was a mere 41 years old - and already losing his hair =)

May you have that warmth of heart with your father, kce; hope you were able to hug him in some way.

Thank you so much hedonist... and yes, I was lucky to spend two days at my parents house and had a real good time!
    I am happy for you that you found a new video of your dad! That must be fantastic to see new videos !
    So sad we never made videos as we were kids. And I wish I had made one yesterday...

Always great to come here and find some excellent music links!
    I enjoyed every single one even the great one of Heart as I´m not so familiar with their music.
    But I have to say all I saw of them til now was really good.

And I saw my friends son again, he still looks like the young Michael Stipe - simply astonishing!

So Myles and Slash just brought me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJJz-VQWWg&feature=youtu.be
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Spending my day at work.. Listening go the pouring rain on a hot tin roof..
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    Was up until 1 PM trying to fix my laptop and at it for a good 7 hours so far today. How foolish of me! All I needed to do was put it out on the street and let some cars run over it! It's working, but just. :anguished:
    :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    rr165892 said:

And Miles Kennedy could be one of the most underrated front men in Rock n Roll.Dude is so smooth.This is a cool version.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bRfc_Y_AsLo

I don't care who is singing this song. It's one of the best songs ever written in rock in roll history. And Slash can still play the hell out of it.

I'm turning into a big fan of this miles kennedy. That album him and Slash just put out is really good.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    brianlux said:

Was up until 1 PM trying to fix my laptop and at it for a good 7 hours so far today. How foolish of me! All I needed to do was put it out on the street and let some cars run over it! It's working, but just. :anguished:

who's the new guy in your avatar?

P.S. farm > where you been
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    kce, that was just...JUST. Thank you so much for posting that.

And looks like B is back in business!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Totally unrelated,I dusted off my Guitars and amp this weekend.(I'm talking to you Gambs and Brian) Its been 12 years since I last picked it up.Forgot sooooooo much shit,but surprisingly within an hour had the whole song to Everlong down and working on Killing in the name of,and Outshined now.Keeping it in drop D today.cheers

Everlong is a song for the ages! I prefer a more stripped away version than the studio cut...one of those not-acoustic songs that's somehow better acoustic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

What's the new job? I missed that somehow somewhere.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited June 2015
    imalive said:

brianlux said:

who's the new guy in your avatar?

P.S. farm > where you been
    Fixed, haha!

Next stop, Bet On Sky Maybe? Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNm_8SgsqXA

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    ^^^^^ Hey brian, I love your typo - "thinking of suing my avatar" - what an idea! Avatar, you have not brought me unbridled admiration - time for a payback!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

^^^^^ Hey brian, I love your typo - "thinking of suing my avatar" - what an idea! Avatar, you have not brought me unbridled admiration - time for a payback!

LOL! Sheesh. Typpos!

rgambs said:

What's the new job? I missed that somehow somewhere.
    Was still at the old job. But I start the new job sometime soon, the lady I'll be working for gets the schedule for her new job tomorrow, so I'll find out then. :-)
    brianlux said:

LOL! Sheesh. Typpos!

At least I am not the only typing impaired mofo on here!
    WH,you still haven't told us WHAT the job is?
    Review of the concert last night.

Train are fun enough I guess.good energy,great stage presence,mass appeal ,catchy sappy love song stuff,and great musicians.
    That said it was kinda boring.Needed to crank the Foo Fighters when I got back to the car.Highlight was Our local drumming Prodigy Jason Bonham came out and played a Ramble On/Walk on the wild side mash up with the band which was quite cool.It was weird,we were jumping and rocking during that song but the hipsters and the bubble gum pop fans sat down and looked lost.No fucking taste,I tell ya

The Fray who opened had 2 descent songs,no crowd banter or engagement,hipster douchey music,blehhh.Unroll your skinny pants and take off those stupid Pharrell hats.damn! Hit the gym guys.not a muscle between them other then the drummer who apperantly is the only one in the band with any taste as he was sportin a Metallica Kill em all shirt.

Opener Was Matt Nathanson.Kinda poppy love song,dance along stuff but dude has some great stage Schtick and really is entertaining with his crowd interaction.Keep an eye out for him he's got some real star potential.Kinda Ben Harper/John Mayerish.

Beer was cold.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Hey rr, been pretty pissed about the play of my boys the past 2 games, but these Blackhawks have been through this many many times before. This game tomr night aught to be something else….must Win for the Hawks, but aren't they all..
    muskydan said:

Hey rr, been pretty pissed about the play of my boys the past 2 games, but these Blackhawks have been through this many many times before. This game tomr night aught to be something else….must Win for the Hawks, but aren't they all..

Fun series so far.Bishop was peppered mon night but kept it cool.These are some scrappy piss and vinegar teams.Im really enjoying it.Regardless of weather the Bolts win or loose.
    This fucker needs a bump!

First, what's going on with this series and which of you two are nearing "in your face!" territory?

Second, ... (just love the happiness it brings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19Fje5_Zqo
    It's 2 games to 2.No trash talking yet.Biggy tonight.

I hope everyone has fun,exciting stuff planned on this hot weekend?

I'm thinking a trip to the Movies and some tasty eats may be in order or maybe chilllax by the pool with the puppies.After a little office time this am.Ehhh,I hate Sat Work.

Low key kinda stuff on the the menu is the way to go I think.
    Work work work, here this weekend. But I do get to hang out with my niece tonight, so YAY!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,121
    Beers with a buddy last night, dinner with the girlfriend and another couple tonight, Game Of Thrones finale tomorrow night...and a good book in between it all. Not a bad weekend on tap. Not bad at all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Jimmy, I just pictured your last two sentences said in this guy's voice and demeanor (no lip-sneer though!)

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8jAqvmnsIk
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    ^^^ hell yeah :grin:
    http://youtu.be/Gcbchuw6tKQ

Good morning! Just waiting for the bank to open, so I can go to the pot store. ( I love getting to say that!!)