The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,600
    Thank you, friends. Much appreciated.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Brian, I´m so sorry for your loss. My condolences! I know you will be a big support for your sister!
    Thanks kce8, much appreciated.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Much love your way B-Lux!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Thank you Gambs. :-)

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Hugs Brian. I hope your sister is ok. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    About to watch Lettermans final show. It makes me feel old. Dave and SNL are all I have really watched for late night comedy. Have a good life Dave. Thanks for the memories.
    Thank you so much for kind thoughts, Whispering.

Yeah, Last 12. Dave comes on here in just under an hour. How strange to have it all ending (a bit weird on this day for me as well). When my life fell apart for a few years in the 90's and I lived alone in a strange town David Letterman was like my only friend. What a run that guys had!

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A wish to your friends, family and loved ones, Brian ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PhsCIzGX1Pw
    Can't think of a better song for the time, Jason. Thanks so very much!

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    One of my beloved NY family sent me a video of our cousin's Bar Mitzvah, from 1957. It was incredibly moving to see my grandparents happy and healthy, to see my young aunts and uncles, to see my mom in her 20's! My god she was so confident and gorgeous - exotic cross between Sophia Loren and Jane Russell. That era of when men wore suits and ties, women were clad in classy dresses, even a hat or two. Smoking cigarettes like nobody's business!

It's such an interesting lens viewed from here, years later.

Made me think of Al Stewart's Time Passages.

"the years run too short and the days too fast"

Brian, hope you and yours are getting through this all, both receiving and giving comfort.
    hedonist said:

One of my beloved NY family sent me a video of our cousin's Bar Mitzvah, from 1957. It was incredibly moving to see my grandparents happy and healthy, to see my young aunts and uncles, to see my mom in her 20's! My god she was so confident and gorgeous - exotic cross between Sophia Loren and Jane Russell. That era of when men wore suits and ties, women were clad in classy dresses, even a hat or two. Smoking cigarettes like nobody's business!

It's such an interesting lens viewed from here, years later.

Made me think of Al Stewart's Time Passages.

"the years run too short and the days too fast"

Brian, hope you and yours are getting through this all, both receiving and giving comfort.

A video from '57! Nice!

Been a long week but we're hangin' in there. Thanks, Hedo.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

I just stumbled over this and must say I am moved to tears !
    Such an incredible and wonderful woman and soul !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlZxx3elxBE
    To rgambs...
    I really would love to see or hear some news of little Simon... Hope everyone is doing great!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Hedo were you watching on an old 8mm reel to reel like Clark Griswald in Xmas Vacation ? Lol

Hope everyone is enjoying a long and relaxing weekend.
    Great to be back in the USA.
    I'd missed that show with Tracy Chapman, kce. Nice! Thanks for posting it. :smile:

Love Tracy and her voice!

rr, we used to watch those - my sister used the hell out of her 8mm camera when we were kids. She had them transferred to dvd a few years back, thankfully. This cousin of ours did the same but put them on youtube. It's a blast seeing long-gone family, and what life was like back then.

Sometimes the ramifications of technology suck, and other times, such a blessing!
    So earlier this morning we were watching Chasing Classic Cars, and they were purchasing a Ferrari NART. Made me think of BB :)

Gorgeous machine, by the way. These are the guys we saw:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/eddies-money-the-family-that-sold-the-27-5-million-ferrari-275-gtb4-nart-spyder/
    edited May 2015
    Morning Loungers.Much respect to anyone's family or friends who served.They are not forgotten here.

I wanted to share this classic this morning.It has nothing to do with the holiday but I did go to Trader Vic's in London and had a Piña Colada(my wife's hair was perfect) While visiting(I know it's tacky but I just had to).So enjoy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Always dug Warren - kind of quirky, and picked up a sense of sadness from him. Reminds me a bit of Robert Palmer in a way.
    hedonist said:

Always dug Warren - kind of quirky, and picked up a sense of sadness from him. Reminds me a bit of Robert Palmer in a way.

Without the ladies.
    Fitting but heavy Hedo.I like it.
    Gunna have to lighten things up a bit.
    Who dosent like a little dirty sax to go along with a Bombay Saphire and Tonic with lime on a muggy tue evening.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x-Yi762sQTo
    My bad I forgot it's double shot Tuesday.Heres one more from Mr.Jones and Mr Strummer.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=6YWiq8WPBAA
    Yeah, rr, that U2 was an in-the-moment thing.

And I love Rafferty! Baker Street brings back some sweet memories.
    Does anyone remember this little gem?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xAKoU_W_mf8
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    The BLACKHAWKS make me so Happy….ALL is well in the world for me, for the next 2 days atleast. Chicago is so stoked!!!! if you are in the area come to this City Sat. night and find a sports bar…if they Win , well Holy Fuck…the city will be a very special place to be.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Just saying hello on my way through the train.. Jumping off at Garden of the Gods! Thought I'd stop in and say hi before I go crashing into the marvelous glory of the Colorado wilds!

Just saying hello on my way through the train.. Jumping off at Garden of the Gods! Thought I'd stop in and say hi before I go crashing into the marvelous glory of the Colorado wilds!

Whatcha got planned there?And what areas you heading to?