The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Been having some fun bouncing around the place. It's like being Samantha Stevens - virtual twitch of the nose and boom! You're there, in different company, another vibe and environment.

Just read the lyrics to Joni's "Just Like This Train" and man, some of those words fit here and moreso, myself.

PS...it smells like incense, pot and pizza in here. Our cats are completely confused.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Ha, it smells like pot and turkey burgers at my place! Hope everyone is having a great night.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Cheers to you, Jeff!

We just had a flash of lightning with a bit of subsequent thunder.

"Watch the weather change" - Tool.

More like feel it.

I LOVE IT.

(yes, this Angelino gets over-excited about anything less than that "warm and sunny" nonsense!)
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Smells like the dog farted here!! Lol made the cat leave the room!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Smells like sour milk here lol
    Cheers!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Ha! Spoken like a new father.

You and your wife doing anything special for her first Mother's Day?
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Good Morning Loungers!!!
    hedonist said:

Ha! Spoken like a new father.

You and your wife doing anything special for her first Mother's Day?

I have to work
    Probably bring home some donuts, maybe grill some steaks...nothing exciting.
    Aw man...on a Sunday? At least you'll have after work...and the grilling of steaks IS something to get excited about (at least from here!)
    hedonist said:

Aw man...on a Sunday? At least you'll have after work...and the grilling of steaks IS something to get excited about (at least from here!)

Yeah, fatties need their soda lol
    I drink Sunkist with almost every meal, so I shouldn't judge, but when I see a super-obese stinkynasty who can barely reach their Mountain Dew without tipping over their scooter... I go to some pretty judgemental places in my mind lol
    These people drink pop constantly, not because they are thirsty, not to wash down a good meal, but just because they need a constant flow of pure sugar...
    The only thing more stressed and overworked than those poor scooters they shop from is their plaque encrusted hearts, which must be the size of Easter hams to supply blood to their 400lb bodies.
    Steak is good, I am more of a pork chop guy myself though.
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I drink Sunkist with almost every meal, so I shouldn't judge, but when I see a super-obese stinkynasty who can barely reach their Mountain Dew without tipping over their scooter... I go to some pretty judgemental places in my mind lol
    These people drink pop constantly, not because they are thirsty, not to wash down a good meal, but just because they need a constant flow of pure sugar...
    The only thing more stressed and overworked than those poor scooters they shop from is their plaque encrusted hearts, which must be the size of Easter hams to supply blood to their 400lb bodies.
    Do you work at Wal-Mart??? I used to see that all the time working there!

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I merchandise for 7up, so I am in and out of 4 to 6 grocery stores a day, Wal-Mart being the worst...fortunately I don't have to go there often.
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I merchandise for 7up, so I am in and out of 4 to 6 grocery stores a day, Wal-Mart being the worst...fortunately I don't have to go there often.
    Ahh I used to date a guy that drove delivery for Coca Cola. He hated delivering to Wal-Mart, with the exception of that being how we initially met!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

Been having some fun bouncing around the place. It's like being Samantha Stevens - virtual twitch of the nose and boom! You're there, in different company, another vibe and environment.

Just read the lyrics to Joni's "Just Like This Train" and man, some of those words fit here and moreso, myself.

PS...it smells like incense, pot and pizza in here. Our cats are completely confused.

Wifey put eucalyptus everywhere in the house.And got some chill vanilla candles going.It now smells like a Pier One in the rr house.
    But pizza and pot is a much better smell.lol
    Man, I used to love these guys - and that voice.

Toro toro, taxi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVojgL2zmQ
  • Enjoying a fire outside right now. Rockin, Porch right now!
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • And happy Friday loungers

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16

Enjoying a fire outside right now. Rockin, Porch right now!

I just had a vision of you smiling with crazy eyes at some out-of-control fire while blasting Porch =)

Sounds nice though. I WISH we had a fireplace, at least,

Keep on enjoying the heat of the fire and the light of that music!
  • Sweet! It was a live version, Toronto '09 I think.

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • We just have one of those chimineas. Hard to get out of control on those. Haha. But I have to that song before at a cottage.

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
    This is among the few of Incubus' songs that've hit me where it (doesn't) hurt. Always dug Brandon's voice too.

And it reminds me of Kika, my German friend from the old board, who sent me their cd's. Lovely and sweet young woman with whom I shared a rainy morning breakfast along with the much-missed Cosmo at the local diner which recently closed.

Damn! As I said in another thread, seasons change. Those two people have my love and fondness always though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLy4QVp68_U
    Incubus has always been in the backround.Lots of AirPlay and every local band covers them.I never really opened up and dug deep into their stuff.I think I do like them.Why not?
    I have tix to see them with the Deftones in a couple months so I guess it's time to get on that vibe and see what gems I can find.
    Great choice for this evening (night for me) hedonist !
    They were always huge in Germany... loved them. I´m not familiar with their new stuff but I def. will check it later. Thanx.
    For you Moms out there Much love and respect from here.Hope your husbands,partners and children spoil you tonight and tomorrow.For those without tax deductions (but maybe pet parents)may your time with your family be wonderful just the same.Drinks all around on me tonight.
    rr165892 said:

For you Moms out there Much love and respect from here.Hope your husbands,partners and children spoil you tonight and tomorrow.For those without tax deductions (but maybe pet parents)may your time with your family be wonderful just the same.Drinks all around on me tonight.

Thank you rr for those nice words !

I wish the same to all of you out there...
    rr, you catch some badass shows. The husband turned me on to the Deftones and I will say that, like Sully Erna, Chino Moreno has an awesome name. Just said it aloud with a rrrolling "r".

kce, I've no clue about their newer stuff either but that I do know? Good shit. Especially love "Warning".

Raising a glass to you both!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,141
    Just had vodka martini relaxing quiet Saturday night .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I hope your heart is beating strongly these days, jose.

This evening, got some really nice grooving music letting loose. At the moment, Ed & Roger doing Comfortably Numb.